Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,586 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:32 PM

1 Million Naira To Whoever Can Prove Any Of The Following - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 1 Million Naira To Whoever Can Prove Any Of The Following (18809 Views)

Daddy Freeze Tithe Against Poverty (TAP) Challenge: Lady Gives One Million Naira / 5 Ways Apostle Suleman Can Prove His Innocence In Stephanie Otobo’s Sex Mess / TB Joshua Speaks On Buhari's Health, Naira To Hit 650/US1$ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 1 Million Naira To Whoever Can Prove Any Of The Following by DoctorAlien(m): 2:36pm On Feb 27, 2016
You claim the death of Jesus Christ did away with the Divine Law of GOD, but these are the words of Jesus Himself: "And it is easier for heaven and earth to pass, than one tittle of the law to fail." Luke 16:17

The Law of GOD is eternal. It can never fail. Man can never twist or distort any part of it. Man cannot even interpret it the way he likes. The divine Law of GOD (The 10 Commandments) are founded on justice and righteousness and the saints of GOD will continue to keep the 10 commandments forever in Heaven.(Isa. 66:23). AMEN.

1 Like

Re: 1 Million Naira To Whoever Can Prove Any Of The Following by thorpido(m): 2:45pm On Feb 27, 2016
DoctorAlien:

Then how can we love GOD with all our heart, soul and mind? What commandments did Jesus advice us to keep in John 14:15 to show that we love GOD?
His message of love and obedience to his teachings.
Re: 1 Million Naira To Whoever Can Prove Any Of The Following by DoctorAlien(m): 2:46pm On Feb 27, 2016
"Do we, then, nullify the law by this faith? Not at all! Rather, we uphold the law." Romans 3:31 (NIV)

Here, Paul makes it clear beyond doubt that Faith in Christ Jesus does not by any means cancel the relevance of the Law of GOD(The 10 commandments). Paul upholds the Law of GOD, and that includes the 4th commandment. It can never be tampered with.

If you hear His word today, do not harden your heart.
Re: 1 Million Naira To Whoever Can Prove Any Of The Following by DoctorAlien(m): 2:48pm On Feb 27, 2016
thorpido:
His message of love and obedience to his teachings.

GOOD. Which teachings? Teachings of Christ? Does GOD The Father have His own teachings while Jesus Christ has His own?
Re: 1 Million Naira To Whoever Can Prove Any Of The Following by thorpido(m): 2:54pm On Feb 27, 2016
DoctorAlien:
You claim the death of Jesus Christ did away with the Divine Law of GOD, but these are the words of Jesus Himself: "And it is easier for heaven and earth to pass, than one tittle of the law to fail." Luke 16:17

The Law of GOD is eternal. It can never fail. Man can never twist or distort any part of it. Man cannot even interpret it the way he likes. The divine Law of GOD (The 10 Commandments) are founded on justice and righteousness and the saints of GOD will continue to keep the 10 commandments forever in Heaven.(Isa. 66:23). AMEN.
The death of Christ didn't do away with the law.Rather it fulfilled it.Look at it this way,if you had N100 note and I come and give you N1000 naira note,will you rather keep the N100 note or release it and accept the N1000 note knowing fully well you have ten N100 naira already?
If indeed you accept the N1000,why would you insist on still seeing the N100 note?
Re: 1 Million Naira To Whoever Can Prove Any Of The Following by DoctorAlien(m): 2:59pm On Feb 27, 2016
thorpido:
The death of Christ didn't do away with the law.Rather it fulfilled it.Look at it this way,if you had N100 note and I come and give you N1000 naira note,will you rather keep the N100 note or release it and accept the N1000 note knowing fully well you have ten N100 naira already?
If indeed you accept the N1000,why would you insist on still seeing the N100 note?

I'd like you to fully define what you mean by "fulfilled" here.

And indeed, if the death of Christ did not do away with the Law of GOD, why have you continued to attack and oppose the divine Law of GOD(which includes the 4th commandment)?

Your narrative of money notes do not rhyme with the question at hand.
Re: 1 Million Naira To Whoever Can Prove Any Of The Following by thorpido(m): 3:00pm On Feb 27, 2016
DoctorAlien:

GOOD. Which teachings? Teachings of Christ? Does GOD The Father have His own teachings while Jesus Christ has His own?
Jesus said,I can of my own self do nothing,as I hear so I speak'(John 12:49)
The teachings of Jesus are the teachings of God.
Re: 1 Million Naira To Whoever Can Prove Any Of The Following by thorpido(m): 3:16pm On Feb 27, 2016
DoctorAlien:

I'd like you to fully define what you mean by "fulfilled" here.

And indeed, if the death of Christ did not do away with the Law of GOD, why have you continued to attack and oppose the divine Law of GOD(which includes the 4th commandment)?

Your narrative of money notes do not rhyme with the question at hand.
My use of money is an allegory.It's to illustrate so it's relevant.
Fulfil means to accomplish an event,to accomplish a promise.Do you know about God promise through the seed of Abraham?
Re: 1 Million Naira To Whoever Can Prove Any Of The Following by DoctorAlien(m): 3:20pm On Feb 27, 2016
thorpido:
Jesus said,I can of my own self do nothing,as I hear so I speak'(John 12:49)
The teachings of Jesus are the teachings of God.

Good. So, in essence, you agree that Jesus asks us to keep the 10 commandments, because they are the Law of GOD. Why then have you continued to attack the Law of GOD (which includes the 4th commandment)?
Re: 1 Million Naira To Whoever Can Prove Any Of The Following by DoctorAlien(m): 3:23pm On Feb 27, 2016
thorpido:
My use of money is an allegory.It's to illustrate so it's relevant.
Fulfil means to accomplish an event,to accomplish a promise.Do you know about God promise through the seed of Abraham?

Does the Law contain any promise which needed to be fulfilled? What did Christ do to the Law when He "fulfilled" or "accomplished" it? If you agree He did not do away with it, what in particular did He do to it?
Re: 1 Million Naira To Whoever Can Prove Any Of The Following by thorpido(m): 3:42pm On Feb 27, 2016
DoctorAlien:

Does the Law contain any promise which needed to be fulfilled? What did Christ do to the Law when He "fulfilled" or "accomplished" it? If you agree He did not do away with it, what in particular did He do to it?
Please try and go through the explanation i made with money.
Man cannot attain unto the righteousness of God by trying to keep the law because the flesh cannot make man perfect.Jesus came to give(to everyone who believes)the righteousness of God which gives a man right standing with God.There is where the fulfilment is.That man can walk in righteousness which he cannot achieve by trying to keep the law perfectly which he cannot accomplish.
Re: 1 Million Naira To Whoever Can Prove Any Of The Following by DoctorAlien(m): 5:43pm On Feb 27, 2016
thorpido:
Please try and go through the explanation i made with money.
Man cannot attain unto the righteousness of God by trying to keep the law because the flesh cannot make man perfect.Jesus came to give(to everyone who believes)the righteousness of God which gives a man right standing with God.There is where the fulfilment is.That man can walk in righteousness which he cannot achieve by trying to keep the law perfectly which he cannot accomplish.

Does that mean we should no longer try to keep the commandments of GOD because maybe Christ gave us His righteousness? Do you not know that faith without works is dead?

And what do you think that Christ meant when He said the law cannot fail? Or when Paul said he upheld the law?
Re: 1 Million Naira To Whoever Can Prove Any Of The Following by malvisguy212: 6:41pm On Feb 27, 2016
Philadelphia:

The Law is not only for the Jews but for everyone. Your analysis of Paul in the Spirit on the Lord's day to mean on Sunday is wrong. Remember, Jesus is Lord of the Sabbath. If He is Lord of the Sabbath (a day which you have rightly agreed is on Saturday), then what John meant by the Lord's day is Saturday.
Now, killing, adultery, stealing are sins but not remembering to keep the Sabbath day Holy and worshipping on Saturday is not a sin undecided How na? Or did Jesus select only the Sabbath day and nail it to the cross or did he nail the whole 10 commandments to the cross (which means there is no more sin)? Or did he nail the ceremonial laws to the cross? Let us reason together.
I don't even know were to start from, The Law was not given to the first Adam, nor to the
human race; but to Israel only Deut. 4:5-8. The law was not given to the last Adam (jesus),jesus is the Life GIVEN spirit. The gentiles are only advice to learn from the law:
Romans 15:4
For whatsoever things were written aforetime
were written for our learning...

Let me ask you, of what purpose is the death of jesus to us, if the law can save you ? Listen!! Christ earthly life under the law is NOT our righteousness.

Do you know the meaning of the phrase " the Lord of the sabbath ? Read the context very well, in verse one "His disciples were hungry and began to pick some heads of grain and eat them." On a sabbath day, the teachers of the law confronted jesus for entering a farm on the sabbath, this is what lead to the statement. "The lord of the sabbath". ). In these verses, Jesus is proclaiming that He is the One who exercises authority even over the rules and regulations that govern the Sabbath day.

If the lord's day is saturday, I want you to prove it.
Re: 1 Million Naira To Whoever Can Prove Any Of The Following by Nobody: 6:59pm On Feb 27, 2016
Philadelphia:

After quoting the tenth commandment of the decalogue in Romans 7:7, Paul wrote these words, “Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good” (verse 12). Then he continued in verse 14, “For we know that the law is spiritual ...”

Take note of the "sabbath days" and not (Sabbath day). One with a big "S" and singular for day while the other the opposite. The one you mentioned is the one given by Moses eg, sabbath of blowing trumpets (Lev 23:24), sabbath of meats (where you mentioned) (Lev 23:16). These sabbaths were the ceremonial laws Paul referred to because they are the ones nailed to the cross, not the weekly Sabbath Day. Understand that your implication that no one should judge you.... or that the sabbath was nailed to the cross implies that the 10 commandments was nailed to the cross; which further implies that we can now sin freely. I ascertain this because it is only the 10 commandments (moral law) that says we should not kill, not commit adultery, remember the Sabbath day and not the other one (ceremonial law). But you saying the Sabbath day is not effective (of the 10 commandments) means there is a bias. You hold stealing as a sin, dishonouring parents, killing, adultery as sins but not the 4th commandments. Then something shows that it is to proper.

THE TEN COMMANDMENTS IN HEAVEN
Perhaps we should ask right at this point, what is the significance of the tables of God’s law being placed inside the ark of the covenant?Remember that this spot was the most holy on the earth because it represented God’s throne. God had said, “there I will meet with thee, and I will commune with thee from above the mercy seat, from between the cherubims” (Exodus 25:22). Below that shekinah glory, symbolizing the presence of God, lay that holy law by which sin was to be defined. And there, as we know from the Scriptures, Jesus, our High Priest, was to plead His blood for sinners.

Hebrews 4:8 For if Jesus had given them rest, then would he not afterward have spoken of another day. 4:9 There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God. 4:10 For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his. 4:11 Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.

I hope you know that Sabbath = Rest ?
Pure unaldultrated trash.
Sabbath day is Sabbath day. No difference.
Re: 1 Million Naira To Whoever Can Prove Any Of The Following by Nobody: 7:02pm On Feb 27, 2016
DoctorAlien:

Does that mean we should no longer try to keep the commandments of GOD because maybe Christ gave us His righteousness? Do you not know that faith without works is dead?

And what do you think that Christ meant when He said the law cannot fail? Or when Paul said he upheld the law?
Paul upheld the law? U need proper schooling o! Pls read through Romans.
The commandments of God at different times for different people cannot be generalised. The law came by Moses, Grace and TRUTH came by Jesus. Which do u want? Law or Truth?
Re: 1 Million Naira To Whoever Can Prove Any Of The Following by Nobody: 7:07pm On Feb 27, 2016
DoctorAlien:

He fulfilled it for you. Thats when Grace started. U now take advantage of the complete obedience and sacrifice of Christ. The Law was based on works. Grace says it is not of works lest anyman should boast
Re: 1 Million Naira To Whoever Can Prove Any Of The Following by Nobody: 7:09pm On Feb 27, 2016
DoctorAlien:

Good. So, in essence, you agree that Jesus asks us to keep the 10 commandments, because they are the Law of GOD. Why then have you continued to attack the Law of GOD (which includes the 4th commandment)?
Jesus did not ask u to keep the commands given to Moses o!
U generalise too much. U seem persistent on the 10 commandments. Bro, get over it. They r obsolete and have been replaced
Re: 1 Million Naira To Whoever Can Prove Any Of The Following by DoctorAlien(m): 7:15pm On Feb 27, 2016
Bobbysworld28:

The commandments of God at different times for different people cannot be generalised. The law came by Moses, Grace and TRUTH came by Jesus. Which do u want? Law or Truth?

"Do we, then, nullify the law by this faith? Not at all! Rather, we uphold it." Romans 3:31

I want the law of GOD, which is truth. Psa. 119:142 "Thy righteousness is an everlasting righteousness, and thy law is truth"

Don't be deceived about what Christ came to do: He did not come to destroy the law but He came to show us How man is expected to live in obedience to the law of GOD. Christ never broke any of the 10 Commandments (even the 4th one) when He was on earth. Should we now, His followers, break any of them, claiming grace? Shall we continue in sin that grace may abound? And what is sin? The Bible answers: 1 Jn 3:4 "...sin is the transgression of the law."

1 Like

Re: 1 Million Naira To Whoever Can Prove Any Of The Following by Nobody: 7:19pm On Feb 27, 2016
DoctorAlien:

The fine print was amended.

Since therefore it remains for some to enter it, and those who formerly received the good news failed to enter because of disobedience, [b]again he appoints a certain day, “Today,” [/b]saying through David so long afterward, in the words already quoted, “Today, if you hear his voice, do not harden your hearts.” For if Joshua had given them rest, God would not have spoken of another day later on. for whoever has entered God’s rest has also rested from his works as God did from his.
Hebrews 4:6-8, 10 ESV
http://bible.com/59/heb.4.6-10.ESV
Do u see for urself that 'sabbath' was redefined from one day to today? No wonder Jesus said they that must worship God must worship him in truth and in spirit. Legalism has been outlawed, please stop living in the past
Re: 1 Million Naira To Whoever Can Prove Any Of The Following by DoctorAlien(m): 7:20pm On Feb 27, 2016
Bobbysworld28:

I never knew GOD had different laws for different peoples at different times, eh? So, how many laws has GOD given out already? To how many sets of people? What is GOD's law for present-day Christians? Can you tell where and exactly how GOD gave it? Is it different from Jesus' commandments to Christians? If yes, What is Jesus' commandments for Christians?

1 Like

Re: 1 Million Naira To Whoever Can Prove Any Of The Following by DoctorAlien(m): 7:24pm On Feb 27, 2016
Bobbysworld28:

The fine print was amended.

Since therefore it remains for some to enter it, and those who formerly received the good news failed to enter because of disobedience, [b]again he appoints a certain day, “Today,” [/b]saying through David so long afterward, in the words already quoted, “Today, if you hear his voice, do not harden your hearts.” For if Joshua had given them rest, God would not have spoken of another day later on. for whoever has entered God’s rest has also rested from his works as God did from his.
Hebrews 4:6-8, 10 ESV
http://bible.com/59/heb.4.6-10.ESV
Do u see for urself that 'sabbath' was redefined from one day to today? No wonder Jesus said they that must worship God must worship him in truth and in spirit. Legalism has been outlawed, please stop living in the past

So, a question: are the 10 commandments no longer relevant to Christians? If yes, who rendered it irrelevant?
Re: 1 Million Naira To Whoever Can Prove Any Of The Following by Nobody: 7:25pm On Feb 27, 2016
DoctorAlien:
"Do we, then, nullify the law by this faith? Not at all! Rather, we uphold the law." Romans 3:31 (NIV)

Here, Paul makes it clear beyond doubt that Faith in Christ Jesus does not by any means cancel the relevance of the Law of GOD(The 10 commandments). Paul upholds the Law of GOD, and that includes the 4th commandment. It can never be tampered with.

If you hear His word today, do not harden your heart.

Stop being cheeky. Cut and join gospel is bad. He upheld the Law because it was not useless but goes on to say:

Likewise, my brothers, you also have died to the law through the body of Christ, so that you may belong to another, to him who has been raised from the dead, in order that we may bear fruit for God. For while we were living in the flesh, our sinful passions, aroused by the law, were at work in our members to bear fruit for death. But now we are released from the law, having died to that which held us captive, so that we serve in the new way of the Spirit and not in the old way of the written code.
Romans 7:4-6 ESV
http://bible.com/59/rom.7.4-6.ESV

U r dead to that Law through Christ. Do not harden ur heart. Embrace Grace
Re: 1 Million Naira To Whoever Can Prove Any Of The Following by DoctorAlien(m): 7:30pm On Feb 27, 2016
Hebrews 4 is talking to the Jews, about the eternal rest of GOD(in Heaven) prepared for the saints of GOD, those who believe on Jesus Christ. It is not news that at the time this was written, the Jews refused to believe on Jesus Christ as the Messiah. Paul warns them not to miss that rest. So, you can never use it as an evidence to say that the Sabbath of GOD has been cancelled. Let him that reads understand.
Re: 1 Million Naira To Whoever Can Prove Any Of The Following by DoctorAlien(m): 7:32pm On Feb 27, 2016
Bobbysworld28:

Stop being cheeky. Cut and join gospel is bad. He upheld the Law because it was not useless but goes on to say:

Likewise, my brothers, you also have died to the law through the body of Christ, so that you may belong to another, to him who has been raised from the dead, in order that we may bear fruit for God. For while we were living in the flesh, our sinful passions, aroused by the law, were at work in our members to bear fruit for death. But now we are released from the law, having died to that which held us captive, so that we serve in the new way of the Spirit and not in the old way of the written code.

What do you have to say about 1 Jn 3:4? Tell me.
Re: 1 Million Naira To Whoever Can Prove Any Of The Following by DoctorAlien(m): 7:35pm On Feb 27, 2016
Bobbysworld28:

Read Romans 7:12. We are meant to understand the law is Holy. How, then, can we released from something that is Holy?

Do you know that the laws we died to through Christ are the ceremonial laws?
Re: 1 Million Naira To Whoever Can Prove Any Of The Following by Nobody: 7:36pm On Feb 27, 2016
DoctorAlien:

So, a question: are the 10 commandments no longer relevant to Christians? If yes, who rendered it irrelevant?

“This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you.
John 15:12 ESV
http://bible.com/59/jhn.15.12.ESV
Re: 1 Million Naira To Whoever Can Prove Any Of The Following by Nobody: 7:41pm On Feb 27, 2016
DoctorAlien:

Read Romans 7:12. We are meant to understand the law is Holy. How, then, can we released from something that is Holy?

Do you know that the laws we died to through Christ are the ceremonial laws?
It was Holy but it produced issues for u.

Did that which is good, then, bring death to me? By no means! It was sin, producing death in me through what is good, in order that sin might be shown to be sin, and through the commandment might become sinful beyond measure. For I do not understand my own actions. For I do not do what I want, but I do the very thing I hate. So now it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells within me. For I know that nothing good dwells in me, that is, in my flesh. For I have the desire to do what is right, but not the ability to carry it out. Now if I do what I do not want, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells within me. but I see in my members another law waging war against the law of my mind and making me captive to the law of sin that dwells in my members. Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, I myself serve the law of God with my mind, but with my flesh I serve the law of sin.
Romans 7:13, 15-15, 17-18, 20, 23-23, 25 ESV
http://bible.com/59/rom.7.13-25.ESV

Only in Christ could man fulfill the law i.e he died for and u accept his sacrifice.

There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. For the law of the Spirit of life has set you free in Christ Jesus from the law of sin and death. For God has done what the law, weakened by the flesh, could not do. By sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and for sin, he condemned sin in the flesh, in order that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not according to the flesh but according to the Spirit. For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit set their minds on the things of the Spirit. For to set the mind on the flesh is death, but to set the mind on the Spirit is life and peace. Those who are in the flesh cannot please God.
Romans 8:1-6, 8 ESV
http://bible.com/59/rom.8.1-8.ESV
Re: 1 Million Naira To Whoever Can Prove Any Of The Following by DoctorAlien(m): 7:42pm On Feb 27, 2016
The ceremonial laws were pointing to the Lamb of GOD, Jesus Christ. As a matter of fact, the ceremonial laws (over 600 in number) are rituals and processes to follow just to temporarily cover the sin of the sinner(who transgressed the 10 Commandments). The penalty for sin (transgression of the law) is death. The Law of GOD (10 Commandments) is different from the ceremonial laws. Now, Christ has died, and nailed those ceremonial laws to the Cross. We are no longer required to kill lambs and do sacrifice. Christ is the one perfect sacrifice. And as we try everyday to live by the commandments of GOD through the power of Jesus Christ, we can ask for forgiveness through His blood whenever we sin (transgress the law). This is a mystery.

If you hear His word today, do not harden your hearts.
Re: 1 Million Naira To Whoever Can Prove Any Of The Following by DoctorAlien(m): 7:44pm On Feb 27, 2016
Bobbysworld28:

“This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you.
John 15:12 ESV
http://bible.com/59/jhn.15.12.ESV

So are you suggesting GOD has His own Laws while Christ has His own? Are you suggesting schism between the Two? Answer directly.
Re: 1 Million Naira To Whoever Can Prove Any Of The Following by Nobody: 7:46pm On Feb 27, 2016
DoctorAlien:

What do you have to say about 1 Jn 3:4? Tell me.

Everyone who makes a practice of sinning also practices lawlessness; sin is lawlessness.
1 John 3:4 ESV
http://bible.com/59/1jn.3.4.ESV

I ask u: what Law? The one from Moses or from Jesus.
The laws are different for different dispensations
For example, some commandments dt Moses gave were faulty

They said, “Moses allowed a man to write a certificate of divorce and to send her away.” And Jesus said to them, “Because of your hardness of heart he wrote you this commandment.
Mark 10:4-5 ESV
http://bible.com/59/mrk.10.4-5.ESV

Jesus is truth. Take his word and abide with it
Re: 1 Million Naira To Whoever Can Prove Any Of The Following by DoctorAlien(m): 7:47pm On Feb 27, 2016
You claim the death of Jesus Christ did away with the Divine
Law of GOD, but these are the words of Jesus Himself: "And
it is easier for heaven and earth to pass, than one tittle of
the law to fail." Luke 16:17

If the Law cannot fail, how then can you tell me it is no longer relevant to the people of GOD? Or do you think Christ was lying?

1 Like

Re: 1 Million Naira To Whoever Can Prove Any Of The Following by Nobody: 7:48pm On Feb 27, 2016
DoctorAlien:

So are you suggesting GOD has His own Laws while Christ has His own? Are you suggesting schism between the Two? Answer directly.
Nope. At different dispesations, they r different manifestations and different instructions.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Lake Of Fire And Hell, What Are The Difference, Or Are They Thesame?? / Where Is Bishop David Oyedepo? / David Ibiyeomie Reacts To Killings: The Blood Of Killed Christians Will Cry Out!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.