Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,832 members, 7,820,915 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:34 AM

Councillors Exchange Blows Over Impeachment Move ! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Councillors Exchange Blows Over Impeachment Move ! (1696 Views)

Aregbesola: APC Demands Judge’s Resignation Over Impeachment Call / Court Halts Impeachment Move Against Fayose / Again, Court Re‎fuses To Stop Impeachment Move Against Fayose (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Councillors Exchange Blows Over Impeachment Move ! by bigfather(m): 10:57am On Jul 13, 2009
[b]TWO councillors, yesterday, sustained serious injuries in Ugwolawo, headquarters of Ofu Local Government Area of Kogi State as heavy fighting broke out among the legislators over alleged moves to impeach the chairman of the council.

Peters Enejo seeking to remove him from office over what they described as his “woeful performance in the last two years as chief executive of the council”.

The impeachment notice signed by two third of members of the council also alleged that the chairman had failed to tell them the correct monthly allocations accruable to the council since he took over the mantle of leadership in the area.

They also accused him of high-handedness and abuse of office as he allegedly dips his hands into the council’s purse without recourse to the legislators, allegations which he denied as baseless and unfounded.

There was, however, a twist in the crisis as some of the legislators, yesterday, opted out of the decision feigning ignorance of the alleged impeachment moves, a development that infuriated some of the legislators leading to a free-for-all.[/b] grin

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2009/07/13/councillors-exchange-blows-over-impeachment-move/
Re: Councillors Exchange Blows Over Impeachment Move ! by bsanya(f): 11:42am On Jul 13, 2009
Bull shit
Re: Councillors Exchange Blows Over Impeachment Move ! by sesman(m): 11:46am On Jul 13, 2009
This is an absolute disgrace, lunatics,
Re: Councillors Exchange Blows Over Impeachment Move ! by Jaytee67(m): 12:39pm On Jul 13, 2009
The chairman must have been using a "remote control" on these dis-honourable men. That's is my own feeling grin
Re: Councillors Exchange Blows Over Impeachment Move ! by GeorgeD1(m): 1:29pm On Jul 13, 2009
they're only showing their true colors. shameless thieves! fighting
over who is to share the loot !
Re: Councillors Exchange Blows Over Impeachment Move ! by MrCrackles(m): 1:38pm On Jul 13, 2009
This is mad funny. . . .I wish i was there to witness the show of shame by the idiotic morons! grin
Re: Councillors Exchange Blows Over Impeachment Move ! by jaybee3(m): 1:44pm On Jul 13, 2009
Bunch of morons. All they ever fight for is % allocation sharing formula. We never hear them fighting for the things they were elected to do.
Re: Councillors Exchange Blows Over Impeachment Move ! by hackney(m): 3:01pm On Jul 13, 2009
Don't mind them.
I hate our govt so much my blood boils whenever these things come up.
It's NEVER about their duties but their share of the loot and they go as far as exchanging blows for it.
Imagine how deep the corruption runs.
Hate it hate it hate it.
Re: Councillors Exchange Blows Over Impeachment Move ! by tayoast(m): 4:55pm On Jul 13, 2009
OMG!

Guys, don't be surprised if, come December, those councillors' names came up as recipients of The National Merit Award.

They're representing their respective wards with their FISTs.
Re: Councillors Exchange Blows Over Impeachment Move ! by IFELEKE(m): 6:23pm On Jul 13, 2009
@Topic
That is what you get when you make ladder carriers and roadside touts councillors
Re: Councillors Exchange Blows Over Impeachment Move ! by GeorgeD1(m): 6:49pm On Jul 13, 2009
yes. and not only councilors but senators and house of reps. the dishonorable men
have made exchanging of blows a normal feature of their loot meetings! grin
Re: Councillors Exchange Blows Over Impeachment Move ! by Fhemmmy: 6:50pm On Jul 13, 2009
They need to start carrying guns into all these meetings, so that they could finally start to eliminate one another little by little.
Re: Councillors Exchange Blows Over Impeachment Move ! by ElRazur: 6:52pm On Jul 13, 2009
Oh Bleep me. Aint no one blaming the West yet? Or the white man?
Re: Councillors Exchange Blows Over Impeachment Move ! by GeorgeD1(m): 8:31pm On Jul 13, 2009
and elections are not yet around the corner o!
Re: Councillors Exchange Blows Over Impeachment Move ! by Nezan(m): 11:13am On Jul 14, 2009
Politicians and power/money. It all comes down to the money shocked
Re: Councillors Exchange Blows Over Impeachment Move ! by GeorgeD1(m): 7:17pm On Jul 15, 2009
i wonder what blows they will be exchanging next when there will be
no more loot to share grin

(1) (Reply)

Yar'adua 'has Heart Problem' / Pic Of Obama Staring At A Ladies @ss / Saraki, Goje May Battle Mark For Senate Presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.