Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,161 members, 7,815,061 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:26 AM

JAMB Adopts Item Response Theory To Reduce Possibility Of Guessing Answers Right - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / JAMB Adopts Item Response Theory To Reduce Possibility Of Guessing Answers Right (26300 Views)

JAMB Adopts Pin Vending For 2017 UTME / SEE How To Calculate Points As JAMB Adopts “point System” Option For 2016 Adm / JAMB Adopts “Point System” Option For 2016 Admission. How To Calculate Points (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: JAMB Adopts Item Response Theory To Reduce Possibility Of Guessing Answers Right by josephobaro(m): 8:51pm On Feb 26, 2016
technically, the probability of guessing an answer right over a 5 set of options will always be 20%. So I don't see the trick JAMB is trying to implore.

1 Like

Re: JAMB Adopts Item Response Theory To Reduce Possibility Of Guessing Answers Right by NigeriaPresident: 8:58pm On Feb 26, 2016
Kelklein:
so..the software go know say person dey guess abi..?

I smell scam

They are only trying to justify why they vote so much money for computer softwares. then come up with this lie

and besides... who guessing don help

Guessing don help me.. I guess in the whole exam and I scored 190 grin grin grin
Re: JAMB Adopts Item Response Theory To Reduce Possibility Of Guessing Answers Right by gfullmoon(m): 9:01pm On Feb 26, 2016
Please will this software be installed in JAMBites heart?

1 Like

Re: JAMB Adopts Item Response Theory To Reduce Possibility Of Guessing Answers Right by fineyemi(m): 9:08pm On Feb 26, 2016
Score +250 in jamb by subscribing with us. We give you answers to the question tagged with your Jamb registration number.

Whatsap: 08166343495
Read more: http://www.guru9ja.com/2016/02/updated-sure-jamb-assistant-how-to.html
Re: JAMB Adopts Item Response Theory To Reduce Possibility Of Guessing Answers Right by 4C2215131: 9:08pm On Feb 26, 2016
Experts at guessing? Now that's a first!
Re: JAMB Adopts Item Response Theory To Reduce Possibility Of Guessing Answers Right by thankgod668: 9:10pm On Feb 26, 2016
Nawa for Jamb oo. Every year new format
Re: JAMB Adopts Item Response Theory To Reduce Possibility Of Guessing Answers Right by nannyo(f): 9:10pm On Feb 26, 2016
dominique:
That's pure evil.
no be small evil
Re: JAMB Adopts Item Response Theory To Reduce Possibility Of Guessing Answers Right by ursa23: 9:17pm On Feb 26, 2016
E-V-I-L!

Endtime JAMB
Re: JAMB Adopts Item Response Theory To Reduce Possibility Of Guessing Answers Right by Bigtoto(f): 9:34pm On Feb 26, 2016
Evil in high places!!they have the time to figure out a software to make lives difficult for people.

In the first place, how good is government schools when it comes to teaching/education?
You don't blame the students. Make software that will make students/pupils get addicted to studying and not this crap.
Re: JAMB Adopts Item Response Theory To Reduce Possibility Of Guessing Answers Right by anetuno(m): 9:51pm On Feb 26, 2016
Anybody who claims to have designed such a software for JAMB must have scammed the management because such a concept is unachievable in software design.
Re: JAMB Adopts Item Response Theory To Reduce Possibility Of Guessing Answers Right by Tomasboy(m): 9:59pm On Feb 26, 2016
bunmioguns:
This guy even has the confidence to open Facebook page and doing advert on Utme runs

Some gullible lazy students will also fall for this cheap scam

the guy get mind o shocked he dey even post am for facebook dey request for money
Re: JAMB Adopts Item Response Theory To Reduce Possibility Of Guessing Answers Right by jerayme: 10:01pm On Feb 26, 2016
U can't fool us.
Mind reader? no way.
Re: JAMB Adopts Item Response Theory To Reduce Possibility Of Guessing Answers Right by jerayme: 10:01pm On Feb 26, 2016
U can't fool us.
Mind reader? no way.
Re: JAMB Adopts Item Response Theory To Reduce Possibility Of Guessing Answers Right by bunmioguns(m): 10:21pm On Feb 26, 2016
Tomasboy:
the guy get mind o shocked he dey even post am for facebook dey request for money

No mind the slowpoke
Re: JAMB Adopts Item Response Theory To Reduce Possibility Of Guessing Answers Right by tk4rd: 10:21pm On Feb 26, 2016
manee2:
mtcheww.. goodluck to jambites shaa.. am the youngest graduate at 15 grin grin grin
You left secondary school at 10.. You left primary school at 4.
Re: JAMB Adopts Item Response Theory To Reduce Possibility Of Guessing Answers Right by allinks: 10:41pm On Feb 26, 2016
Hmmmmmm,

As you all can see, I think it is high time we show to the world in general that our brain does so much of what the westerner does too.

Dr. sir, we so much appreciate if a technical analysis of the said acquired software could be made available, is the software, a oyinbo or nigeria made?

What made the software to be able to eliminate guess work?

Pls, irrespective of the million spent on the software, we should all be guided, trying justifying your pay by making us to look fool and stupid is not what Nigeria will accept from you.

Thank you.
Re: JAMB Adopts Item Response Theory To Reduce Possibility Of Guessing Answers Right by undigeh: 10:43pm On Feb 26, 2016
Please let this man help us look for software that can detect fraud and corrupt in public offices.

We will hail him and esteem him higher than he who would discover cure for AIDS.
I smell dishonesty in the contract invoice involved in that transaction.

1 Like

Re: JAMB Adopts Item Response Theory To Reduce Possibility Of Guessing Answers Right by MyMentor: 10:49pm On Feb 26, 2016
When did guessing becomes an offence?
Guessing is part of life.

1 Like

Re: JAMB Adopts Item Response Theory To Reduce Possibility Of Guessing Answers Right by kuljayms1(m): 11:04pm On Feb 26, 2016
Ulrich01:
Hahahahaha cheesy cheesy. Jamb really mean these guys this year oo grin grin
I tells u
Re: JAMB Adopts Item Response Theory To Reduce Possibility Of Guessing Answers Right by alamscolo(m): 7:05am On Feb 27, 2016
thats unfair and could termed as an act of wickedness. Was that how you were treated during your own time? Efikos sef dey guess.
Re: JAMB Adopts Item Response Theory To Reduce Possibility Of Guessing Answers Right by tottinova: 7:41am On Feb 27, 2016
Lol
I laugh at jamb

Somebody will still guess and get 250
Re: JAMB Adopts Item Response Theory To Reduce Possibility Of Guessing Answers Right by maxti: 7:55am On Feb 27, 2016
dominique:
That's pure evil.

cheesy
Re: JAMB Adopts Item Response Theory To Reduce Possibility Of Guessing Answers Right by Nobody: 8:03am On Feb 27, 2016
sonnie10:

It is possible for a software to recognize guess work in a multiple choice question exam. What JAMB is doing is a variant of the software they use in placement tests abroad. For instance, if you present a college level maths from Nigeria to some colleges for admission in US, you will be given a placement test. You score in that test will determine if you are going to be placed in either Algebra , pre-calculus, calcus 1 or calculus 2.

What the software does is to populate questions for you base on you answers to previous questions. It gets to a point when you are no longer able to give correct answers because it becomes more difficult as you go along. At that point you begin to guess and the computer will stop and automatically place you on where you started guessing.
that one na automatic failure be that
Re: JAMB Adopts Item Response Theory To Reduce Possibility Of Guessing Answers Right by temmydee181(m): 9:04am On Feb 27, 2016
Which tym jamb sef strt to dey play mind qamez
Re: JAMB Adopts Item Response Theory To Reduce Possibility Of Guessing Answers Right by Elxandre(m): 9:13am On Feb 27, 2016
NigeriaPresident:

Guessing don help me.. I guess in the whole exam and I scored 190 grin grin grin
You use am gain admission? Lol
Cause you no fit guess post utme join.
Re: JAMB Adopts Item Response Theory To Reduce Possibility Of Guessing Answers Right by Teajoel4sure(m): 9:56am On Feb 27, 2016
oluwadanie1:
Dr Fabian Benjamin, the JAMB’s Public Relations Officer has disclosed that the board ahead of the 2016 UTME had invested in the training and acquisitions of softwares that will reduce the possibility of candidates guessing answers correctly.

He said "Technically, what we were using before to test students was what we called Classical Test Theory, but now we have adopted what we call Item Response Theory.
The difference is that the Item Response Theory reduces the percentage of guessing.The tendency for students to guess and guess right is minimal with this software."

With this development, Candidates who are experts in guessing answers to questions during examinations, may find it hard to cope unless they studied hard.

http://www.campusdailies.com/2016/02/jamb-adopts-use-of-softwares-to-reduce.html#more
Re: JAMB Adopts Item Response Theory To Reduce Possibility Of Guessing Answers Right by Mattew690(m): 10:40am On Feb 27, 2016
Shoro niyen ?

I tire oh
Re: JAMB Adopts Item Response Theory To Reduce Possibility Of Guessing Answers Right by c3nsus: 10:42am On Feb 27, 2016
Are you tired of writing JAMB?
Do you have your O' Level with minimum of 5 credits(English & Maths inclusive) with maximum of two (2) sittings?

Then,

This message is for you.

Bag your first degree within 3yrs in an affordable private institution in Benin Republic.

Listed below are the courses available:

Faculty of Communication Art and Humanity

Political science
International relations
Mass communication

Faculty of management and social science

Accounting
Transport and logistics
Economics
Marketing
Public Administration
Business Adminstration

Faculty of Science and Technology

Civil engineering(option: structure or highway engineering)

Computer science and engineering

Electrical & Electronics engineering(option: Electrical and Power or Electronics and Telecomms)

Biochemistry

Re: JAMB Adopts Item Response Theory To Reduce Possibility Of Guessing Answers Right by sheyoroniyen(m): 2:20pm On Feb 27, 2016
so dis man tink say we get tribal mark.wich software won reducing guessing rite me no understand. hu is guessing here d computer or d jambites. undecided.u can onli reduce student guessing rite if d options r very similar
Re: JAMB Adopts Item Response Theory To Reduce Possibility Of Guessing Answers Right by manee2(m): 10:34pm On Mar 01, 2016
tk4rd:
You left secondary school at 10.. You left primary school at 4.
_ calculator
Re: JAMB Adopts Item Response Theory To Reduce Possibility Of Guessing Answers Right by Nobody: 11:19pm On Jul 05, 2016
This na small thing to do na, nor b big deal. Algorithm ti take over

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Latest News On Unilag Post Ume / Parents And School Owners; Stop Abusing Summer Break. / What's The Toughest Course You Did/you Are Doing In School?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.