Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,719 members, 7,831,293 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:37 PM

Revealed: Obama, Ghana & Oil - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Revealed: Obama, Ghana & Oil (1354 Views)

REVEALED: Most Passed Around South-west Female Politician / Revealed: Jonathan Plotted Own Stoning In Katsina- Fejiro Oliver / Revealed: Igbo And Yoruba Politics In Sabon Gari, Kano (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Revealed: Obama, Ghana & Oil by Tudor6(f): 10:20am On Jul 14, 2009
back2back:

last time I checked.

Why is US not blaming itself for 9-11??

why is UK not blaming itself for July London bombing?
what a slowpoke you are.
There were enquires and measures where taken to avoid such mistakes in the future. Why has africa not learned from it's mistakes? Always blaming others instead.
Re: Revealed: Obama, Ghana & Oil by back2back(f): 10:22am On Jul 14, 2009
Tudór:

what a slowpoke you are.
There were enquires and measures where taken to avoid such mistakes in the future. Why has africa not learned from it's mistakes? Always blaming others instead.

desist from calling others names!

answer the question if you can.

Re: Revealed: Obama, Ghana & Oil by Bennyboy11: 10:42am On Jul 14, 2009
Ok so without going into details relating to 911 I presume you are convinced the US have themselves to blame for 911.

Granted even if that's the case does the fact that America is being unwise in that respect justify you acting in the same way. Essentially what you are saying is that it is alright to act a fool as long as America is. Just being defensive for defensive sake my friend, face the truth.
Re: Revealed: Obama, Ghana & Oil by back2back(f): 10:48am On Jul 14, 2009
Bennyboy11:

Ok so without going into details relating to 911 I presume you are convinced the US have themselves to blame for 911.

Granted even if that's the case does the fact that America is being unwise in that respect justify you acting in the same way. Essentially what you are saying is that it is alright to act a fool as long as America is. Just being defensive for defensive sake my friend, face the truth.

the point: people say we should blame ourself. in this case, it is wrong and I have asked that question why is US not blaming itself for 9-11.

If obama wanted oil he'd have gone to angola or nigeria. The oil discovered in ghana is not even as much as that in akwa ibom state.

Nigeria/angola oil is already guaranteed. They need to secure new virgin oil fields.

Same reason Russia, Canada, US are flexing muscle in North Pole due to melting ICE. Always after new virgin oil field.

And the import of this is Ghana should not dance that US loves them or what but what they will get from them. shine your eyes.

Same US killed Nkuruma. Leopard does not change its spot!
Re: Revealed: Obama, Ghana & Oil by Bennyboy11: 10:52am On Jul 14, 2009
So what are you saying then?
Re: Revealed: Obama, Ghana & Oil by Tudor6(f): 10:53am On Jul 14, 2009
back2back:

desist from calling others names!

answer the question if you can.

Are you blind? Have i not answered the question already?
Your anti-western prejudice is well represented in your myopic view points.

Let me reiterate that internal enquiries and investigations were done after the terrorist attacks and recommendations were made on how to prevent such mistakes in the future. This has lead to measures like banning metal cutlery in planes and more sophisticated screening at airports.
This we see everytime, whenever a mistake is made in the public sector, there is an internal probe, erring officials lose their jobs and measures are taken to avoid such mistakes in the future.

Now why can't africa learn from its mistakes? Always blaming the west for everything!
Re: Revealed: Obama, Ghana & Oil by back2back(f): 10:58am On Jul 14, 2009
Now why can't africa learn from its mistakes? Always blaming the west for everything!

you are stilling dodging the question:

The blame is for things that happened before/during the action not what you did after the action.

why US did not blame itself for 9-11?

if you dont know the answer. Leave it.
Re: Revealed: Obama, Ghana & Oil by Bennyboy11: 11:12am On Jul 14, 2009
Your reply to my other post is not very clear but I didn't think it would be cause quite frankly there isn't much you can say to that.

As a Ghanaian I would be more upset if there was no demand for the oil discovery due to electronically powered cars that would be a shame.

You are talking like they are about to colonise us for our oil. For your information world dd and ss controls oil prices and not a servant master relationship. This is an opportunity for Ghana to improve life for its people and just you watch that happen.

People talk about Iraq war being about oil, it might be I don't know about all these conspiracy theories but what I know is that its been forecasted that Iraq's government stands to gain $1trillion yes $1trillion in the next 15 to 20 years and if they are more sensible than nigerian governments they could significantly improve iraq beyond recognition.

I have had enough of the victim mentality you have the rebel part sorted you now need to find a cause
Re: Revealed: Obama, Ghana & Oil by Bennyboy11: 11:16am On Jul 14, 2009
back2back:

The blame is for things that happened before/during the action not what you did after the action.

you seem to think you have a worth while line of questioning which is a shame. What the hell does it matter so America are wrong, have you heard the phrase" two wrongs dont make a right".

Say something else this is'nt working
Re: Revealed: Obama, Ghana & Oil by Tudor6(f): 11:23am On Jul 14, 2009
back2back:

Spare us the BS abeg!
The answer to your question has been given by several people and you pretend not to see it.
It has been stated THE US BLAMES ITSELF FOR THE BOMBINGS AND HAVE LEARNT FROM THEIR MISTAKES!
Stop cycling around and repeating the same questions like a 2year old kid. There's a section called forum games, i suggest you go there and play.
Re: Revealed: Obama, Ghana & Oil by back2back(f): 2:44pm On Jul 14, 2009
It has been stated THE US BLAMES ITSELF FOR THE BOMBINGS AND HAVE LEARNT FROM THEIR MISTAKES

wao!!! I never knew that.

Why did they go after Bin Laden then
Re: Revealed: Obama, Ghana & Oil by Tudor6(f): 2:54pm On Jul 14, 2009
back2back:

wao!!! I never knew that.

Why did they go after Bin Laden then
The important thing is first they looked within themselves and corrected their lapses in security and learnt from their mistakes. They have measures in place not to make those mistakes again. Now after they went after the perpetuators, not sitting down throwing blame at everyone and anything.
Re: Revealed: Obama, Ghana & Oil by Fhemmmy: 3:01pm On Jul 14, 2009
Obama visited Ghana before Nigeria and now it is all cos of Oil.
Re: Revealed: Obama, Ghana & Oil by Bennyboy11: 3:37pm On Jul 14, 2009
Fhemmmy:

Exactly that is the bottom line
Re: Revealed: Obama, Ghana & Oil by back2back(f): 4:35pm On Jul 14, 2009
Fhemmmy:

Stop bring Nigeria into it. It has nothing to do with Nigeria.

It is Obama, Ghana and Oil.

Yes Obama 'stop-over' in Ghana because of new oil field thats coming on-stream.

If you spend 90naira to make 100naira and there is a place you spend 20naira to make 50naira, you will surely go the second place.

It is not the total cost but total profit and that's US-Obama's interest.

His hullabalo about democracy fell flat because a month before he dine and wine with African Dictator: Mubarak!
Re: Revealed: Obama, Ghana & Oil by Tudor6(f): 4:45pm On Jul 14, 2009
back2back:

If you spend 90naira to make 100naira and there is a place you spend 20naira to make 50naira, you will surely go the second place.

His hullabalo about democracy fell flat because a month before he dine and wine with African Dictator: Mubarak!
Which stupid profit are you talking about??
Oil is sold on the global crude oil market and everyone buys at the SAME PRICE. Countries don't go about pricing oil like they're in oshodi.
The prices are fixed by market forces of supply and demand just like stock markets.
Re: Revealed: Obama, Ghana & Oil by texazzpete(m): 4:56pm On Jul 14, 2009
Tudór:

Which stupid profit are you talking about??
Oil is sold on the global crude oil market and everyone buys at the SAME PRICE. Countries don't go about pricing oil like they're in oshodi.
The prices are fixed by market forces of supply and demand just like stock markets.

back2back is too stupid to understand this most fundamental of all concepts. That is all.
Re: Revealed: Obama, Ghana & Oil by Fhemmmy: 4:57pm On Jul 14, 2009
back2back:

Please justify your statement.
Oil has been discovered in Ghana, however, before they start to drill, it takes a lot of processes, besides, China needs oil more than America does.
Obama has been talking and trying to invest in other means of generating power outside of Oil, so talking about "stopping over' for Oil is out of it.
I am sure when Ghana starts to drill, they will join OPEC and if and only if Obama has an eye on the oil in Ghana, it will be a slap on their face.
besides, why not let us wait and see how it plays out
But till then, let us respect Ghana for a job well done and their leadership in democracy in Africa
Re: Revealed: Obama, Ghana & Oil by back2back(f): 5:04pm On Jul 14, 2009
texazzpete:

back2back is too stupid to understand this most fundamental of all concepts. That is all.

Oh yeah. Why is China offering all sorts of aids to Sudan?

They could have gone to open market.
grin

But till then, let us respect Ghana for a job well done and their leadership in democracy in Africa

I never for once doubt Ghana. I am talking about Obama and his stop over.

I am using FACTS on ground and compare it with what he is telling us to make informed decision.

Less than 30days ago, Obama was in African dining and wining with African Dictator: Mubarak.

Now he is back in same African for a 'stop-over' telling us he came for democracy for Ghana.

USA which Obama represent killed Ghana democratic leader: Nkuruma!

Africans and their short memory.

Only a dummy will believe that.
Re: Revealed: Obama, Ghana & Oil by Fhemmmy: 5:08pm On Jul 14, 2009
back2back:

I never for once doubt Ghana. I am talking about Obama and his stop over.

I am using FACTS on ground and compare it with what he is telling us to make informed decision.

Less than 30days ago, Obama was in African dining and wining with African Dictator: Mubarak.

Now he is back in same African for a 'stop-over' telling us he came for democracy for Ghana.

USA which Obama represent killed Ghana democratic leader: Nkuruma!

Africans and their short memory.

Only a dummy will believe that.

I think the short memory is making u to blv that Obama can only be there cos of the Oil, so tell me why Ghana?
How come they are not interested in Sudan ?
Re: Revealed: Obama, Ghana & Oil by OYBMEND: 5:19pm On Jul 14, 2009
folks ignore back2back. THE GUY is doing his job.

Maybe if I was paid some of the Aso Rock $5m dollar, I will also be thinking through my pocket.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Senate To Get List Of Returning Ex-ministers Today / American scammers posing as Nigerians! / Goodluck Jonathan, Bola Tinubu, Bafarawa, Gbenga Daniel Made False Declaration O

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.