Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,758 members, 7,809,924 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:17 PM

Christianity Or Islam Which Religion First Existed? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christianity Or Islam Which Religion First Existed? (5883 Views)

Which Religion first entered Africa? Islam Or Christian? / Which Religion Will Take You To Heaven? / Which Religion Leads To Heaven? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christianity Or Islam Which Religion First Existed? by FreeBoss: 7:14pm On Feb 26, 2016
Christianity or Islam which religion first existed?
Bible or Quaran which one was first written going
by history?

From veteran historians and history lovers, I want
to know from you which one of the two first existed,
christianity or islam?
Re: Christianity Or Islam Which Religion First Existed? by jerryunit48: 7:25pm On Feb 26, 2016
Ah Ah , light and dark which one first exist ? See question o

1 Like

Re: Christianity Or Islam Which Religion First Existed? by emorse(m): 7:54pm On Feb 26, 2016
Christianity is about 500yrs older than Islam.

2 Likes

Re: Christianity Or Islam Which Religion First Existed? by emorse(m): 7:54pm On Feb 26, 2016
jerryunit48:
Ah Ah , light and dark which one first exist ? See question o
Funny you.

1 Like

Re: Christianity Or Islam Which Religion First Existed? by ajokebelle(f): 8:03pm On Feb 26, 2016
Christianity came first. Even the Muslims say Mohammed came after Jesus .
Re: Christianity Or Islam Which Religion First Existed? by uckennety(m): 8:26pm On Feb 26, 2016
FreeBoss:
by history?

christianity or islam?
Re: Christianity Or Islam Which Religion First Existed? by uckennety(m): 8:27pm On Feb 26, 2016
FreeBoss:
by history?

christianity or islam?
Islam!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Christianity Or Islam Which Religion First Existed? by Nobody: 8:38pm On Feb 26, 2016
uckennety:

Islam!!!!!

Which islam? Christianity!

1 Like

Re: Christianity Or Islam Which Religion First Existed? by tonie123: 4:38am On Feb 27, 2016
uckennety:

Islam!!!!!

Olodo

Ram

Any question asked, the answer is Islam

How are you?

Islam

What's your name?

Islam

Where are you from?

Islam

Zombies....... go carry bomb don't you want to meet your virgins and a dick that will stand foreva...lol

4 Likes

Re: Christianity Or Islam Which Religion First Existed? by Newnas(m): 7:51am On Feb 27, 2016
Islam came first because the Monotheistic creed of Islam is what Adam, Noah, Abraham, Moses and even Jesus (peace be upon them all) practiced.

Christianity was formed by Paul -the criminal - who was a Jew and enemy of Christ in his lifetime then claimed to have been inspired by a 'spirit' to preach trinity.

This trinity doctrine is alien to the Prophets of God and is very similar to the misguided creeds of the pagan Greece and Rome who say Zeus married a mortal woman and begot half human and half god i.e Hercules.

Even Britannica mentions that Jesus was more likely to have been known during his lifetime as a teacher and not one of three.

This type of deviation is not peculiar to christians alone, it is something common to all messengers that after their demise many of their followers will deviate from the true teachings they left. Usually, a bit of this deviation appeared in the lifetime of the messengers and they would warn against it only for the followers to return to it after their demise.

examples:

The Jews deviated from Moses' teaching from his lifetime by worshipping the calf, then he warned them against it. After his demise they returned to disbelief and murdered a lot of messengers and even attempted the murder of Jesus!

Jesus forbade his followers from worshipping him during his lifetime stating that he was nothing but a teacher only for most of them to follow Paul and his innovated trinity doctrine which was strange to the path of the messengers.

Muhammad - alyhissolaat wassalaam - only came to complete the message of those before him.

And as usual the people have deviated a lot from his teachings.
Worship of grave, excessive veneration of righteous men till they raised them to divine status e.g the shia worship the grave at karbala.

Killing of people and tagging it jihad, one great indicator of the falsehood of these jihadists is that they kill Muslims, attack mosques and most importantly they do not have any scholar among them. They are not guided by knowledge except spontaneous combustion of emotions.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christianity Or Islam Which Religion First Existed? by Annunaki(m): 7:52am On Feb 27, 2016
emorse:
Christianity is about 500yrs older than Islam.

Christianity is actually over 600yrs older than islam.
Re: Christianity Or Islam Which Religion First Existed? by Ovacoma: 9:48am On Feb 27, 2016
Newnas:
Islam came first because the Monotheistic creed of Islam is what Adam, Noah, Abraham, Moses and even Jesus (peace be upon them all) practiced.

Christianity was formed by Paul -the criminal - who was a Jew and enemy of Christ in his lifetime then claimed to have been inspired by a 'spirit' to preach trinity.

This trinity doctrine is alien to the Prophets of God and is very similar to the misguided creeds of the pagan Greece and Rome who say Zeus married a mortal woman and begot half human and half god i.e Hercules.

Even Britannica mentions that Jesus was more likely to have been known during his lifetime as a teacher and not one of three.

This type of deviation is not peculiar to christians alone, it is something common to all messengers that after their demise many of their followers will deviate from the true teachings they left. Usually, a bit of this deviation appeared in the lifetime of the messengers and they would warn against it only for the followers to return to it after their demise.

examples:

The Jews deviated from Moses' teaching from his lifetime by worshipping the calf, then he warned them against it. After his demise they returned to disbelief and murdered a lot of messengers and even attempted the murder of Jesus!

Jesus forbade his followers from worshipping him during his lifetime stating that he was nothing but a teacher only for most of them to follow Paul and his innovated trinity doctrine which was strange to the path of the messengers.

Muhammad - alyhissolaat wassalaam - only came to complete the message of those before him.

Worship of grave, excessive veneration of righteous men till they raised them to divine status e.g the shia worship the grave at karbala.

Killing of people and tagging it jihad, one great indicator of the falsehood of these jihadists is that they kill Muslims, attack mosques and most importantly they do not have any scholar among them. They are not guided by knowledge except spontaneous combustion of emotions.
Lies and deceit as expected. But, quran calls muhamad d first muslin.

4 Likes

Re: Christianity Or Islam Which Religion First Existed? by Newnas(m): 10:22am On Feb 27, 2016
Ovacoma:

Lies and deceit as expected. But, quran calls muhamad d first muslin.

Quran refers to the last Messenger -alyhissolaat wassalaam - as the first Muslim and Moses also as the first Muslim, and even Ibrahim as the first of the Muslims.

The meaning of first here is relative first i.e first Muslim in my era or location. Every messenger is the first Muslim in his era and place.

Then you should quote where that is stated.

As for your claim that what I've said is lies and deceit then it's nothing but a mere claim that is backed by no argument or proof, therefore it is equal to the braying of an arse.

So, I recite the verse unto you [say (oh Muhammad alyhissolaat wassalaam to these disbelieving folks) bring forth your evidence if indeed you are truthful]

1 Like

Re: Christianity Or Islam Which Religion First Existed? by jcross19: 10:40am On Feb 27, 2016
Newnas:

Quran refers to the last Messenger -alyhissolaat wassalaam - as the first Muslim and Moses also as the first Muslim, and even Ibrahim as the first of the Muslims.

The meaning of first here is relative first i.e first Muslim in my era or location. Every messenger is the first Muslim in his era and place.

As for your claim that what I've said is lies and deceit then it's nothing but a mere claim that is backed by no argument or proof, therefore it is equal to the braying of an arse.

So, I recite the verse unto you [say (oh Muhammad alyhissolaat wassalaam to these disbelieving folks) bring forth your evidence if indeed you are truthful]
islam is idle worshipping even confirm in the bible in ezekiel 8 vs 16. That depict who allah. Islam is evil before God , desist and give your life to christ.

4 Likes

Re: Christianity Or Islam Which Religion First Existed? by Newnas(m): 12:15pm On Feb 27, 2016
jcross19:
islam is idle worshipping even confirm in the bible in ezekiel 8 vs 16. That depict who allah. Islam is evil before God , desist and give your life to christ.

Sheer stubbornness. no wonder a single atheist will not find any difficulty in crushing 50 Christians!
Re: Christianity Or Islam Which Religion First Existed? by Nobody: 12:23pm On Feb 27, 2016
Newnas:

Sheer stubbornness. no wonder a single atheist will not find any difficulty in crushing 50 Christians!

Islam is 1400 years old. grin one of the world's younger and religions who wants to bully everybody. Not convinced, no worries read here

https://www.quora.com/How-many-years-old-is-the-religion-of-Islam

We need proof. That a religion of 1400 years ago, is greater than a religion which broke out from Judaism, which is would I say the oldest ( asides the ones of the old religion - magic) show us in history (remove the quran and bible) where islam is older than Christianity. Even hinduism, Old religion, Taoism is older than Islam by far!

And for the atheist, grin they don't believe in existence of God almighty, just science, no problem who invented the science who makes them mad? If you can give me answers to this questions, I would never speak wrongly of islam again on forums, with correct defences and proofs.

Now let's hear you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Christianity Or Islam Which Religion First Existed? by Annunaki(m): 2:18pm On Feb 27, 2016
Newnas:

As someone earlier said on this forum, even the devil will be shocked at some of the lies muslims tell to promote islam.

2 Likes

Re: Christianity Or Islam Which Religion First Existed? by Amberon: 2:32pm On Feb 27, 2016
no wonder the Arab world has not invented anything or contributed to any scientific discovery. inbred fellow.
Newnas:

2 Likes

Re: Christianity Or Islam Which Religion First Existed? by Ovacoma: 10:49pm On Feb 27, 2016
Newnas:

What proof do u want? How can a true prophet at the same time be a murderer, rapist, highway robber, liar, womwniser, etc etc.?

3 Likes

Re: Christianity Or Islam Which Religion First Existed? by Newnas(m): 4:11am On Feb 28, 2016
you all don't know how to answer questions instead you change the subject of discussion from the original topic. It's not something that surprises me because this mental slowness is a characteristic of your path.

My point is

Abraham and all the prophets after him and before him called to the same monotheistic creed that the last of the Messengers - Alys missolaat wassalaam - called to. Even Jesus himself was referred to as teacher during his lifetime.

It is that criminal called Paul that innovated this trinity doctrine which is alien to the way of the Prophets. And it is similar to the same erroneous and misguided creeds of the pagan Greece and Rome who say Zeus married a mortal woman and begot half human and half god i.e Hercules who was later raised to Olympus.

So, Islam is not the religion of Muhammad neither is it the religion of the Arabs. Rather it is the path of all prophets.

So if you want to give a reasonable answer, what y'all will do is to prove that Abraham and the prophets before and after him all preached trinity or at least a verse where Jesus himself expressly states that he himself should be worshiped.

As for these questions that you're asking, I won't answer for two reasons:

first; It would be tantamount to digression from the original topic. And I won't be as unwise as you are to indulge in such.

second; this is not the first time you are raising these points and enough energy has been used in explaining matters to you. I believe that the one who has any intellect should have found satisfaction in those answers but you disbelievers are as the Quran described you... rather they are an arguing people.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christianity Or Islam Which Religion First Existed? by Nobody: 6:50am On Feb 28, 2016
Newnas:
you all don't know how to answer questions instead you change the subject of discussion from the original topic. It's not something that surprises me because this mental slowness is a characteristic of your path.

My point is

Abraham and all the prophets after him and before him called to the same monotheistic creed that the last of the Messengers - Alys missolaat wassalaam - called to. Even Jesus himself was referred to as teacher during his lifetime.

It is that criminal called Paul that innovated this trinity doctrine which is alien to the way of the Prophets. And it is similar to the same erroneous and misguided creeds of the pagan Greece and Rome who say Zeus married a mortal woman and begot half human and half god i.e Hercules who was later raised to Olympus.

So, Islam is not the religion of Muhammad neither is it the religion of the Arabs. Rather it is the path of all prophets.

So if you want to give a reasonable answer, what y'all will do is to prove that Abraham and the prophets before and after him all preached trinity or at least a verse where Jesus himself expressly states that he himself should be worshiped.

As for these questions that you're asking, I won't answer for two reasons:

first; It would be tantamount to digression from the original topic. And I won't be as unwise as you are to indulge in such.

second; this is not the first time you are raising these points and enough energy has been used in explaining matters to you. I believe that the one who has any intellect should have found satisfaction in those answers but you disbelievers are as the Quran described you... rather they are an arguing people.

Islam , always proving points with sheer pointlessness....

read this

The largest Abrahamic religions in chronological order of founding are Judaism (2nd millennium BCE),[6] Christianity (1st century CE) and Islam (7th century CE)

Fro here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abrahamic_religions

For Gods sake, if you are NOT sure of something do not post it to support your claims, Islam is one of the worlds newest religions, Who is even telling you that islam is old, how old, 1400 years? when there are religions like the old religion that has existed for nearly 2000 years (6 A.D)

2 Likes

Re: Christianity Or Islam Which Religion First Existed? by Newnas(m): 7:08am On Feb 28, 2016
gimakon:

Islam , always proving points with sheer pointlessness....

read this

The largest Abrahamic religions in chronological order of founding are Judaism (2nd millennium BCE),[6] Christianity (1st century CE) and Islam (7th century CE)

Fro here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abrahamic_religions

For Gods sake, if you are NOT sure of something do not post it to support your claims, Islam is one of the worlds newest religions, Who is even telling you that islam is old, how old, 1400 years? when there are religions like the old religion that has existed for nearly 2000 years (6 A.D)

Man, I taya4u!!!

Can't you see that these three religions are in clear contrast to one another. And two opposites can't be true at the same time.

The fact that all of them are attributing themselves to Ibrahim doesn't mean they are all from him. So definitely only one of them is truly the religion of Ibrahim. And that is the monotheistic Islam.
please open your heart and ponder better before typing!

I asked you, did Abraham preach trinity?
Did Jesus say worship me?

Islam is the only religion that truly follows the path of our father Abraham, all others are innovated and bastard religions especially the one born and falsely attributed to Jesus by that criminal called Paul.
Re: Christianity Or Islam Which Religion First Existed? by Nobody: 7:21am On Feb 28, 2016
Newnas:

Man, I taya4u!!!

Can't you see that these three religions are in clear contrast to one another. And two opposites can't be true at the same time.

The fact that all of them are attributing themselves to Ibrahim doesn't mean they are all from him. So definitely only one of them is truly the religion of Ibrahim. And that is the monotheistic Islam.

Islam is the only religion that truly follows the path of our father Abraham, all others are innovated and bastard religions especially the one born and falsely attributed to Jesus by that criminal called Paul.

Indirectly , you call Christianity False.
grin We worship God. We send our prayers to God, thru Jesus.

and abraham, whats his business with preaching? Where in your quran did it show that abraham preached the gospel?
Re: Christianity Or Islam Which Religion First Existed? by Newnas(m): 7:46am On Feb 28, 2016
gimakon:

Indirectly , you call Christianity False.
grin We worship God. We send our prayers to God, thru Jesus.

and abraham, whats his business with preaching? Where in your quran did it show that abraham preached the gospel?

You worship God through Jesus?!
That's a big lie, you people are just too confused.

Many of you call Jesus and ask him for your needs. One of you here on nairaland even called God incarnate. So, stop lying that you don't worship Jesus. Don't you say Jesus is lord?

Even if I accept that, for the sake of argument, the fact still remains that your religion is a pagan religion. why?

There is hardly no pagan that denies the existence of a Supreme God, but their problem has always been that they took other creators as intermediaries between them and God and thus give one or more forms of worship to these intermediaries besides this Supreme God.

Just as the Yoruba have olodumare and took sango, obatala etc as intermediaries. and that is they say "it's the same God we are calling, it's just the way we call that's different"
The Arabs before Islam had Allah and took laat and manaat etc as intermediaries.
The Christians too chose Jesus as intermediary.
Today, many deviated Muslims too take Sheikh AbdulQaadir, and that man Niyas, and the shia too took Ali and his family as intermediaries.

So, you see, it's the same misguidance but in different forms. Satan makes people develop extreme and wrong love for the righteous till they transgress the bounds and raise them to divinity.

And the argument has usually been the same, they say these men were righteous people and are therefore closer to God than us. So let's take them as intermediaries. And that is where the deviation starts.

So, worshipping God true anybody is not justified not even an angel or prophet born by miracle.

As for Abraham, The story of how his people threw him into a pit of fire in suratul Anbiyaa suffices as answer for you.
Re: Christianity Or Islam Which Religion First Existed? by Exponental(m): 8:05am On Feb 28, 2016
Who cares?
Re: Christianity Or Islam Which Religion First Existed? by Annunaki(m): 9:45am On Feb 28, 2016
Newnas:

Many of you call Jesus and ask him for your needs. One of you here on nairaland even called God incarnate. So, stop lying that you don't worship Jesus. Don't you say Jesus is lord?

Even if I accept that, for the sake of argument, the fact still remains that your religion is a pagan religion. why?

There is hardly no pagan that denies the existence of a Supreme God, but their problem has always been that they took other creators as intermediaries between them and God and thus give one or more forms of worship to these intermediaries besides this Supreme God.

Just as the Yoruba have olodumare and took sango, obatala etc as intermediaries. and that is they say "it's the same God we are calling, it's just the way we call that's different"
The Arabs before Islam had Allah and took laat and manaat etc as intermediaries.
Today, many deviated Muslims too take Sheikh AbdulQaadir, and that man Niyas, and the shia too took Ali and his family as intermediaries.

So, you see, it's the same misguidance but in different forms. Satan makes people develop extreme and wrong love for the righteous till they transgress the bounds and raise them to divinity.

And the argument has usually been the same, they say these men were righteous people and are therefore closer to God than us. So let's take them as intermediaries. And that is where the deviation starts.

So, worshipping God true anybody is not justified not even an angel or prophet born by miracle.

As for Abraham, The story of how his people threw him into a pit of fire in suratul Anbiyaa suffices as answer for you.

And you think muslims don't worship mohamed Why do muslims all over the world kill for merely drawing mohamed cartoons if he is not revered as a god? Why do you guys go and worship at his grave in your so called pilgrimages? Why must you always mention his name when praying to your so called allaah? Why the (pbuh)always stated when you mention his name? Why do you guys insult God by labelling a vile character like mohamed the best of God's creation I put it to you, muslims worship mohamed whether you admit it or not, you worship a mere demon possessed man who a paedophile, armed robber, rapist, murderer, liar, adulterer and psychopath.
Re: Christianity Or Islam Which Religion First Existed? by stonemasonn: 9:57am On Feb 28, 2016
Newnas:

examples:

Everything you said make sense except "Monotheistic creed of Islam is what Adam, Noah, Abraham, Moses and even Jesus (peace be upon them all) practiced" the Jews and some Christians would be offended by it. Now tell me what is the "Monotheistic creed of Islam" ?
Re: Christianity Or Islam Which Religion First Existed? by Newnas(m): 10:31am On Feb 28, 2016
stonemasonn:
Everything you said make sense except "Monotheistic creed of Islam is what Adam, Noah, Abraham, Moses and even Jesus (peace be upon them all) practiced" the Jews and some Christians would be offended by it. Now tell me what is the "Monotheistic creed of Islam" ?

To worship the One and Only Supreme God without associating any partner with Him in any way.. Not an angel or righteous being should be called upon besides Him nor even under the guise of calling Him through them (i.e taking intermediaries), all forms of worship should be directed to non but Him.
Re: Christianity Or Islam Which Religion First Existed? by Annunaki(m): 10:37am On Feb 28, 2016
Newnas:

To worship the One and Only Supreme God without associating any partner with Him in any way.. Not an angel or righteous being should be called upon besides Him nor even under the guise of calling Him through them (i.e taking intermediaries), all forms of worship should be directed to non but Him.

But muslims take mohammed as alllah's partner now, they are partners in crime. tongue
Re: Christianity Or Islam Which Religion First Existed? by Newnas(m): 10:51am On Feb 28, 2016
Annunaki:

And you think muslims don't worship mohamed Why do muslims all over the world kill for merely drawing mohamed cartoons if he is not revered as a god? Why do you guys go and worship at his grave in your so called pilgrimages? Why must you always mention his name when praying to your so called allaah? Why the (pbuh)always stated when you mention his name? Why do you guys insult God by labelling a vile character like mohamed the best of God's creation I put it to you, muslims worship mohamed whether you admit it or not, you worship a mere demon possessed man who a paedophile, armed robber, rapist, murderer, liar, adulterer and psychopath.

Seems you've taken it personal, I understand how it feels when you are out of point and still need to give a reply!

As for the cartoons, then it is part of faith to detest the mockery of a pious person, I also have a similar feeling when I see the image of 'Jesus' around in the churches, mockery righteous people is very offensive. it doesn't mean I worship them.

However, this does not mean that I support the killings by angry but ignorant people.

we don't go to his grave to worship, in fact it is not right to travel to madinah with the intention of visiting his grave alyhissolaat wassalaam. rather you leave for the mosque in madinah but it is not right to pass by any grave without doing the proper prayer for them i.e pray for the believers' graves and give the disbelievers tidings of hell.

The madinah mosque is one of the three sacred mosques in Islam, Haram of Makkah, Madinah mosque and Qudus in Palestine. If not for the criminal Jews we would also be performing pilgrimage to Palestine!

Actually, whenever we mention him alyhissolaat wassalaam it's only of two cases

first; when affirming belief in his messengership i.e I testify that Muhammad is his Messenger. And this is not worship.

second; whenever his name is mentioned, we say alyhissolaat wassalaam i.e peace and blessings of Allah be upon him. We are even praying for him, do you pray for God or your deity.

So, we worship Allah without any partner, not even Muhammad alyhissolaat wassalaam the last and best of the prophets.

Allah says in the Quran after mentioning a number of prophets and saying that he is pleased with them all (..... and if they associated partners (with Allah) all their deeds would be destroyed)

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Christianity Or Islam Which Religion First Existed? by Nobody: 11:20am On Feb 28, 2016
Newnas:

One question, when you say your prayers, you say in mohammeds name? If the answer is no, we say in Jesus name, O lord hear our prayers, guide and protect us, in Jesus name.

Jesus said I am the way, the truth and the life, no one comes to the father only by me. If we solicit for our selves and we ask God for things through his own child, I don't see it as wrong doctrine. The same way we see it, is the same way you see mohammed.

What if I say the mosaic laws of moses, you worship moses, because virtually old testament laws is what every Muslim follows.

See how silly and dragging you talk. Ok your Quran speaks of Jesus as Al mashish,i do hear muslims saying they have accepted Jesus as prophet and Allah as his god, so many things... I would conclude and say the only confused religion in the world is islam. as much as they confuse you,they confuse themselves also.

I didn't bother to read about your ibrahim, false tales are what your imams preach, I wonder how one person would practice a religion and would make you come here to say islam is the oldest religion, do you realise that a religion is accepted by many? Let someone like me form one new religion and see how people would look at me.

No day confuse me jare.
Re: Christianity Or Islam Which Religion First Existed? by Ovacoma: 12:54pm On Feb 28, 2016
Newnas:

Man, I taya4u!!!

I say you always lie to promote Islam. So, anyone who is a monotheist is a Muslim?

Mention the name(s) of the Gods of the Jews and that of the Christians.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Checkout These 15 Hilarious Bible Memes / What Buried The Dinosaurs In Mass Graves? / Child Indoctrination

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 128
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.