Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,241 members, 7,811,675 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:01 PM

Which Religion first entered Africa? Islam Or Christian? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Which Religion first entered Africa? Islam Or Christian? (1518 Views)

Do Muslims Truly Understand Islam Or Read Quran / Islam Or Christianity / Who Lied? Islam Or Christianity? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Religion first entered Africa? Islam Or Christian? by Nobody: 3:14pm On Dec 16, 2017
Please no one should abuse anybody here ooo. Fanatics out of my thread
Re: Which Religion first entered Africa? Islam Or Christian? by Nobody: 3:27pm On Dec 16, 2017
None.. All I know is the Religion of Peace, Love, Tolerance and Harmony..
Re: Which Religion first entered Africa? Islam Or Christian? by AnodaIT(m): 3:31pm On Dec 16, 2017
Christianity entered first through Ethiopia and later established in Alexandra and most of the Roman Empire in North Africa, but could not cross the desert to Sub-Saharan Africa

One the other hand, After successfully taking Jerusalem, Islam expanded, taking over Turkey and forming the Ottoman empire, from there, they penetrated north Africa and subsequently Sub-Saharan Africa with Dan-Fodio at the head of the "kneel or die" Islamic jihadic army

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Religion first entered Africa? Islam Or Christian? by Evidence1000(m): 3:53pm On Dec 16, 2017
OP correct the topic
Re: Which Religion first entered Africa? Islam Or Christian? by abduljabbar4(m): 3:54pm On Dec 16, 2017
Islam came to Africa almost during the time of the Prophet. I will add more details later cos i can see that one poster up there has started emulating the al taqqiya style of the bible already

1 Like

Re: Which Religion first entered Africa? Islam Or Christian? by abduljabbar4(m): 3:59pm On Dec 16, 2017
AnodaIT:
Christianity entered first through Ethiopia and later established in Alexandra and most of the Roman Empire in North Africa, but could not cross the desert to Sub-Saharan Africa

One the other hand, After successfully taking Jerusalem, Islam expanded, taking over Turkey and forming the Ottoman empire, from there, they penetrated north Africa and subsequently Sub-Saharan Africa with Dan-Fodio at the head of the "kneel or die" Islamic jihadic army

Islam was in west Africa hundreds of years before Danfodio was born. He only served to reform the religion and expand it to some parts of the south west and north central. Islam was in Hausaland even before the time of Bayajidda so stop misleading people. In fact the son of Usman Danfodio, Muhammed bello was the first person to write a history of Queen Amina who as at that time had been dead for almost 2 centuriescheesy.I will come back later to bust more of your lies
Re: Which Religion first entered Africa? Islam Or Christian? by felixomor: 4:07pm On Dec 16, 2017
abduljabbar4:
Islam came to Africa almost during the time of the Prophet. I will add more details later cos i can see that one poster up there has started emulating the al taqqiya style of the bible already
According to history,
Islam came about 700 years after Christianity

Why do you like falsehood and lies?

3 Likes

Re: Which Religion first entered Africa? Islam Or Christian? by abduljabbar4(m): 4:10pm On Dec 16, 2017
felixomor:

According to history,
Islam came about 700 years after Christianity

Why do you like falsehood and lies?

That is not the ops question. Of course christianity came first But to Africa? NO!. You can read the history of religion in africa to see for yourself
Re: Which Religion first entered Africa? Islam Or Christian? by Nobody: 4:10pm On Dec 16, 2017
Islam is less than 1000yrs old.. According to the book of Acts, Philip converted one of the Ethiopian eunuch.. Dat means Christianity got to this planet long before Mohammed was born

2 Likes

Re: Which Religion first entered Africa? Islam Or Christian? by Nobody: 4:14pm On Dec 16, 2017
abduljabbar4:

Islam was in west Africa hundreds of years before Danfodio was born. He only served to reform the religion and expand it to some parts of the south west and north central. Islam was in Hausaland even before the time of Bayajidda so stop misleading people. In fact the son of Usman Danfodio, Muhammed bello was the first person to write a history of Queen Amina who as at that time had been dead for almost 2 centuriescheesy.I will come back later to bust more of your lies
do you know the story of Ethiopian Enoch

1 Like

Re: Which Religion first entered Africa? Islam Or Christian? by dalaman: 4:19pm On Dec 16, 2017
Christianity has been in Ethiopia since during the second century, so it's christianity. Christianity has been in Africa for over 500 years before Mohammed was born.
Re: Which Religion first entered Africa? Islam Or Christian? by IamLaura(f): 4:20pm On Dec 16, 2017
Contrary to popular belief,Christianity is indigenous to Africans(Ethiopians).
The earliest church discovered is located in modern day Ethiopia.

1 Like

Re: Which Religion first entered Africa? Islam Or Christian? by dalaman: 4:20pm On Dec 16, 2017
abduljabbar4:

That is not the ops question. Of course christianity came first But to Africa? NO!. You can read the history of religion in africa to see for yourself

Christianity has been in Ethiopia since during the time of Paul that's over 500 years before Mohammed was born.

1 Like

Re: Which Religion first entered Africa? Islam Or Christian? by abduljabbar4(m): 4:27pm On Dec 16, 2017
dalaman:

Christianity has been in Ethiopia since during the time of Paul that's over 500 years before Mohammed was born.

Give me your evidence.
Re: Which Religion first entered Africa? Islam Or Christian? by Nobody: 4:45pm On Dec 16, 2017
Christianity was the 1st to enter Africa than Islam.

There were Christians in Ethiopia as early as 1st century AD.

Islam entered Africa first through Ethiopia in the lifetime of Prophet Mohammed. The 1st Hijra was from Arabia to Ethiopia when Prophet Mohammed sent one of his daughter and some followers to Aksumite empire of Ethiopia, so that they could escape the persecution in Arabia.

The 1st non-Arab Muslims were some Ethiopians and the 1st mosque to be built outside Arabia was in Tigray, Ethiopia (the mosque still stands to this day). The 1st Muslim call to prayer was also done by an Ethiopian named Bilal Ibn Rabah.

1 Like

Re: Which Religion first entered Africa? Islam Or Christian? by dalaman: 4:54pm On Dec 16, 2017
abduljabbar4:

Give me your evidence.

"Although Christianity existed long before the rule of King Ezana the Great of the Kingdom of Axum, the religion took a strong foothold when it was declared a state religion in 330 AD."

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christianity_in_Ethiopia

Christianity was declared a state religion in 330 AD in Ethiopia like 250 years before prophet Mohammad was born.

2 Likes

Re: Which Religion first entered Africa? Islam Or Christian? by blessedvisky(m): 5:14pm On Dec 16, 2017
abduljabbar4:

Give me your evidence.

Acts 8:26 And the angel of the Lord spake unto Philip, saying, Arise, and go toward the south unto the way that goeth down from Jerusalem unto Gaza, which is desert. 8:27 And he arose and went: and, behold, a man of Ethiopia, an eunuch of great authority under Candace queen of the Ethiopians, who had the charge of all her treasure, and had come to Jerusalem for to worship, 8:28 Was returning, and sitting in his chariot read Esaias the prophet. 8:29 Then the Spirit said unto Philip, Go near, and join thyself to this chariot. 8:30 And Philip ran thither to him, and heard him read the prophet Esaias, and said, Understandest thou what thou readest? 8:31 And he said, How can I, except some man should guide me? And he desired Philip that he would come up and sit with him. 8:35 Then Philip opened his mouth, and began at the same scripture, and preached unto him Jesus. 8:36 And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized? 8:37 And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God. 8:38 And he commanded the chariot to stand still: and they went down both into the water, both Philip and the eunuch; and he baptized him. 8:39 And when they were come up out of the water, the Spirit of the Lord caught away Philip, that the eunuch saw him no more: and he went on his way rejoicing.

1 Like

Re: Which Religion first entered Africa? Islam Or Christian? by Nobody: 6:15pm On Dec 16, 2017
salvation101:
Islam is less than 1000yrs old.. According to the book of Acts, Philip converted one of the Ethiopian eunuch.. Dat means Christianity got to this planet long before Mohammed was born
Islam isn't less 1000 years old in Africa. Islam entered Ethiopia (Africa) in the lifetime of Prophet Mohammed (7th century AD).
Re: Which Religion first entered Africa? Islam Or Christian? by Nobody: 6:19pm On Dec 16, 2017
AnodaIT:

Islam first entered into Africa via Ethiopia during the lifetime of Prophet Mohammed.
Re: Which Religion first entered Africa? Islam Or Christian? by Nobody: 6:39pm On Dec 16, 2017
Hati13:

Islam isn't less 1000 years old in Africa. Islam entered Ethiopia (Africa) in the lifetime of Prophet Mohammed (7th century AD).
kk
Re: Which Religion first entered Africa? Islam Or Christian? by AnodaIT(m): 6:47pm On Dec 16, 2017
Hati13:

Islam first entered into Africa via Ethiopia during the lifetime of Prophet Mohammed.
The Christian Apostles had already gotten Ethiopian converts who took Christianity to Ethiopia before Prophet Mohammed SAW was born

1 Like

Re: Which Religion first entered Africa? Islam Or Christian? by Nobody: 7:03pm On Dec 16, 2017
salvation101:
kk
Just accept the truth
Re: Which Religion first entered Africa? Islam Or Christian? by Nobody: 7:06pm On Dec 16, 2017
AnodaIT:

The Christian Apostles had already gotten Ethiopian converts who took Christianity to Ethiopia before Prophet Mohammed SAW was born
Yeah I know this, but what I'm trying to say is that Islam was already present in sub-Sahara (Ethiopia and Eritrea) before some other parts of sub-Sahara was Islamized by North African Muslims.
Re: Which Religion first entered Africa? Islam Or Christian? by alBHAGDADI: 7:21pm On Dec 16, 2017
Hati13:

Yeah I know this, but what I'm trying to say is that Islam was already present in sub-Sahara (Ethiopia and Eritrea) before some other parts of sub-Sahara was Islamized by North African Muslims.
Your post lacks clarity.

The Bible was compiled 700 years before Mohammad was born. In it, it is written that an Ethiopian converted to Christianity. The whole of North Africa was already Christian until muslims and their jihad forcefully converted the people and killed the ones that rejected. The jihadists proceeded into Europe and captured Spain. If not for the bravery of the crusaders who chased them out, the whole of Europe would have been islamized. When the crusaders chased them out, they ended in North Africa. That's why you find Arabs in North Africa.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Religion first entered Africa? Islam Or Christian? by felixomor: 7:22pm On Dec 16, 2017
abduljabbar4:

As at 4th century ad.
Christianity was already Egypt, Ethiopia and vastly among the Nubians, the original dwellers of north africa.

Go and do your homework

1 Like

Re: Which Religion first entered Africa? Islam Or Christian? by Nobody: 7:58pm On Dec 16, 2017
alBHAGDADI:
Your post lacks clarity.

The Bible was compiled 700 years before Mohammad was born. In it, it is written that an Ethiopian converted to Christianity. The whole of North Africa was already Christian until muslims and their jihad forcefully converted the people and killed the ones that rejected. The jihadists proceeded into Europe and captured Spain. If not for the bravery of the crusaders who chased them out, the whole of Europe would have been islamized. When the crusaders chased them out, they ended in North Africa. That's why you find Arabs in North Africa.
My post don't lack clarity. He said Islam penetrated sub-Sahara from North Africa and I corrected him that there was already Islam in sub-Sahara (Ethiopia) before some sub-Sahara areas were Islamized from the North Africa.

Some Ethiopians were Christians from early on (1st century AD) and through time lots of pagans in northern and central Ethiopia were Christianized.

The 1st Muslim call to prayer was also done by an Ethiopian named Bilal Ibn Rabah. The 1st non-Arab Muslims were some Ethiopians and the 1st mosque to be built outside Arabia was in

You made some errors in your post.
- Not all of North Africa were Christian before Islam expansion and not all who were forced to convert to Islam or be killed. Pagans were forced, but if you are either Christian or Jew and pay taxes for not being Muslim, then no one will force you. Sometimes this law was broken and some Christians were forced, but some Christians also voluntarily converted to Islam.
- It wasn't the crusaders who kicked Muslims out of Europe. It was rather through the Portuguese and Spanish reconquest that were driven out.
Re: Which Religion first entered Africa? Islam Or Christian? by abduljabbar4(m): 8:01pm On Dec 16, 2017
blessedvisky:

Acts 8:26 And the angel of the Lord spake unto Philip, saying, Arise, and go toward the south unto the way that goeth down from Jerusalem unto Gaza, which is desert. 8:27 And he arose and went: and, behold, a man of Ethiopia, an eunuch of great authority under Candace queen of the Ethiopians, who had the charge of all her treasure, and had come to Jerusalem for to worship, 8:28 Was returning, and sitting in his chariot read Esaias the prophet. 8:29 Then the Spirit said unto Philip, Go near, and join thyself to this chariot. 8:30 And Philip ran thither to him, and heard him read the prophet Esaias, and said, Understandest thou what thou readest? 8:31 And he said, How can I, except some man should guide me? And he desired Philip that he would come up and sit with him. 8:35 Then Philip opened his mouth, and began at the same scripture, and preached unto him Jesus. 8:36 And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized? 8:37 And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God. 8:38 And he commanded the chariot to stand still: and they went down both into the water, both Philip and the eunuch; and he baptized him. 8:39 And when they were come up out of the water, the Spirit of the Lord caught away Philip, that the eunuch saw him no more: and he went on his way rejoicing.

I dont take references from the Bible as an evidence. with all due respect
Re: Which Religion first entered Africa? Islam Or Christian? by Humanistme: 9:28pm On Dec 16, 2017
abduljabbar4:

wrong Christianity came first. in Egypt and Ethiopia before the jihadists came.
Re: Which Religion first entered Africa? Islam Or Christian? by Humanistme: 9:33pm On Dec 16, 2017
Re: Which Religion first entered Africa? Islam Or Christian? by abduljabbar4(m): 9:34pm On Dec 16, 2017
Humanistme:

wrong Christianity came first.

So far none of you has been able to show me a good source outside the Bible. I need something from historians that is why i didnt mention Bilal (an African) who worked with prophet Muhammad because i cant prove it without using an islamic source but talked about people like Bayajidda, Usman Danfodio, queen Amina, etc.

Just search "history of religion in Africa" and read from different sources to see things for yourself
Re: Which Religion first entered Africa? Islam Or Christian? by Humanistme: 9:37pm On Dec 16, 2017
abduljabbar4:

[s]So far none of you has been able to show me a good source outside the Bible. I need something from historians that is why i didnt mention Bilal (an African) who worked with prophet Muhammad because i cant prove it without using an islamic source but talked about people like Bayajidda, Usman Danfodio, queen Amina, etc.

Just search "history of religion in Africa" and read from different sources to see things for yourself[/s]

I didn't quote any bible for you go do your research. internet is free. dalaman also dropped a link for you. add it to the Wikipedia links I dropped. or you can continue to stick your head up your ass

1 Like

Re: Which Religion first entered Africa? Islam Or Christian? by abduljabbar4(m): 9:38pm On Dec 16, 2017
Humanistme:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christianity_in_Ethiopia

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christianity_in_Egypt

Anyone can add anything to encyclopedia. If you check the references you will see 'scripture' and 'catholic encyclopedia'. Cant you give me something from a historian just like the way i told you about Muhammed bello who wrote about Queen Amina?

Im quite busy now

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jehovah Witness Is Built On Lies And False Teaching. Get Out Of That Cult! / Christians And Muslims: Do You Believe In The Potency Of Black Magic? / Experiencing God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.