Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,805 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:40 AM

CBN Targets N200/$ Parallel Market Rate - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN Targets N200/$ Parallel Market Rate (32649 Views)

Naira Gains, Dollar Crashes At Parallel Market / Naira Strengthens Further Against Dollar On Parallel Market / Dr. Ifeanyi Ubah's N200/$ Claim: A Possibility? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

CBN Targets N200/$ Parallel Market Rate by citizenisb: 7:17pm On Feb 26, 2016
The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) is targeting a N200 to dollar exchange rate in the parallel market, The Nation learnt on Friday.

The naira which on Friday traded at N330 to a dollar in the parallel market is expected to appreciate speedily, as impact of the CBN’s measures to stabilize the currency volatility in the parallel market begin to materialize.

President, Association of Bureau De Change Operators of Nigeria (ABCON), said the N330 rate in the parallel market is an improvement from last week’s rate when the naira exchanged for N391 to dollar.

The strident calls by the International Monetary Fund (IMF) and some foreign interest for Nigeria to devalue its currency and the artificial spike in forex rate created by Bureau De Change operators appears to have tanked. This has been linked to a complex and integrated currency management approaches deployed by the CBN.

According to a top source in the apex Bank, “The aim of CBN is to ensure that the divergence between the official and parallel rate does not exceed N3, so we are looking at a parallel market rate of N200/$ because the downward trend in the pressure on the naira will be sustained.”

“The CBN has the capacity to sustain the downward pressure and will deploy further currency management initiatives, while capitalising on fiscal policies of the federal government to remain in support of non-devaluation of the Naira. The current stand of the federal government on Nigeria’s legal tender is Non-Devaluation. It will be unwise for anybody to be hoarding dollars because we can assure you that Naira appreciation is going to trend upwards going forward.”

So far, the CBN in a bid to manage the pressure on supply has deployed over $11.7billion to support Agricultural Sector, SMEs, manufacturers and others. This has reduced patronage of black market by end-users and has forced rent seekers to dump the greenback thereby creating a dollar-glut in the black-market.

The source noted that it has been observed that most of the imports that were draining forex resources have since found local substitutes with attendant savings in forex and shortage of demand for the greenback, which was fuelling the pressure, this is also coming on the heels of the CBN instruction to commercial banks to publish allocation of forex to end-users, this has in recent times ensure that real sector of the economy and genuine users for education and medicals have been able to access forex at official rate.

http://thenationonlineng.net/cbn-targets-n200-parallel-market-rate/

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CBN Targets N200/$ Parallel Market Rate by Lattop(m): 7:19pm On Feb 26, 2016
See Changeeeeee

3 Likes

Re: CBN Targets N200/$ Parallel Market Rate by 360degree(m): 7:20pm On Feb 26, 2016
Technically Noted.

21 Likes

Re: CBN Targets N200/$ Parallel Market Rate by jerryunit48: 7:21pm On Feb 26, 2016
So how much will the official rate be , i doupt that though

1 Like

Re: CBN Targets N200/$ Parallel Market Rate by Acjohn(m): 7:24pm On Feb 26, 2016
so what have they been waiting for watching Nigeria pass through those enormous pain.
It is either they are lying or they are there for their selfish interest

8 Likes

Re: CBN Targets N200/$ Parallel Market Rate by drss(m): 7:25pm On Feb 26, 2016
until d dullard start implementing his policies, naira will continue to fluctuate btw N280 n N400 to d dollar.

12 Likes

Re: CBN Targets N200/$ Parallel Market Rate by Bevista: 7:25pm On Feb 26, 2016
jerryunit48:
So how much will the official rate be , i doupt that though
Very doubtful, indeed. Will they re-enlist the 41 de-listed items? If no, is there enough dollars in the parallel market to meet demand?
---
Narrowing the rates at both markets to N3 max is impracticable, except oil price improves significantly or they devalue the official rate.

8 Likes

Re: CBN Targets N200/$ Parallel Market Rate by NavierStokes(m): 7:28pm On Feb 26, 2016
These guys just want to increase the "panic factor", i am afraid as a country, we are short on fiscal and monetary instruments to fight this battle, so we resort to psychological instruments☺.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CBN Targets N200/$ Parallel Market Rate by DaBullIT(m): 7:28pm On Feb 26, 2016
We pray it's a success

Less crying from wailers

Besides, only then will I be able to remind them of the campaign poster with at indicated $$ exchanged for 216 by cbn rate when GEJ was president

4 Likes

Re: CBN Targets N200/$ Parallel Market Rate by Anticabal: 8:03pm On Feb 26, 2016
They just want to increase panic factor and make people bring out their dollars. Laye! i hold onto my dollars tightly. Oil dey crash steady and we won't manufacture anything tangible in the next 200 years. 1$= N3000 by next year.

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: CBN Targets N200/$ Parallel Market Rate by Nobody: 8:09pm On Feb 26, 2016
Amazing action
Re: CBN Targets N200/$ Parallel Market Rate by Nobody: 8:11pm On Feb 26, 2016
tsephanyah:

I guess those spaces are a euphemism for how wide your vagina might be.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Targets N200/$ Parallel Market Rate by AbleGodAlways: 8:14pm On Feb 26, 2016
DaBullIT:
We pray it's a success

Less crying from wailers

Besides, only then will I be able to remind them of the campaign poster with at indicated $$ exchanged for 216 by cbn rate when GEJ was president

You are wailing more than the wailers

14 Likes

Re: CBN Targets N200/$ Parallel Market Rate by BLWeb: 8:18pm On Feb 26, 2016
I'll hold my calm till this becomes reality. For now i guess its just speculation
Re: CBN Targets N200/$ Parallel Market Rate by Crieff(m): 8:29pm On Feb 26, 2016
Dudeweedlmao:

I guess those spaces are a euphemism for how wide your vagina might be.

So many crazies on here. cheesy

7 Likes

Re: CBN Targets N200/$ Parallel Market Rate by brodalikeme(m): 8:42pm On Feb 26, 2016
How? Seem Ifeanyi Ubah's interview is causing more ripples.

5 Likes

Re: CBN Targets N200/$ Parallel Market Rate by citizenisb: 8:52pm On Feb 26, 2016
Why take a thread of urgent importance like this to the business section without putting it on the front page. Is there something up with this moderator please I need to know?

1 Like

Re: CBN Targets N200/$ Parallel Market Rate by 40manlappy: 9:45pm On Feb 26, 2016
Waiting
Re: CBN Targets N200/$ Parallel Market Rate by capnies: 9:49pm On Feb 26, 2016
you don't fix exchange rates the economy will decide leave d dollar build d economy why d roller coaster nine months gone no single achievement just meaningless distractions

4 Likes

Re: CBN Targets N200/$ Parallel Market Rate by slavemerchant: 9:51pm On Feb 26, 2016
drss:
until d dullard start implementing his policies, naira will continue to fluctuate btw N280 n N400 to d dollar.

A dullard is your president and presides over what happens to you on a daily basis, you should bury your head in the sand for a century

35 Likes

Re: CBN Targets N200/$ Parallel Market Rate by Adesiji77: 9:53pm On Feb 26, 2016
Talk is cheap. CBN should walk the talk...

5 Likes

Re: CBN Targets N200/$ Parallel Market Rate by mrlaw93(m): 10:15pm On Feb 26, 2016
Oya! Aja Naira, Gbera grin

7 Likes

Re: CBN Targets N200/$ Parallel Market Rate by LesbianBoy(m): 10:17pm On Feb 26, 2016
God punish buhari lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: CBN Targets N200/$ Parallel Market Rate by ibkgab001: 10:17pm On Feb 26, 2016
Uba is right
Re: CBN Targets N200/$ Parallel Market Rate by keypad1: 10:18pm On Feb 26, 2016
Hhhh
Re: CBN Targets N200/$ Parallel Market Rate by banio: 10:18pm On Feb 26, 2016
Nigeria is my con3. I wish her the best. Yes the very best

3 Likes

Re: CBN Targets N200/$ Parallel Market Rate by macino1(m): 10:19pm On Feb 26, 2016
Just do all you can to give us a good economy
Re: CBN Targets N200/$ Parallel Market Rate by Nobody: 10:19pm On Feb 26, 2016
good
Re: CBN Targets N200/$ Parallel Market Rate by Nobody: 10:19pm On Feb 26, 2016
Anticabal:
They just want to increase panic factor and make people bring out their dollars. Laye! i hold onto my dollars tightly. Oil dey crash steady and we won't manufacture anything tangible in the next 200 years. 1$= N3000 by next year.

grin grin grin grin

cry cry cry cry
Re: CBN Targets N200/$ Parallel Market Rate by lincolnj88: 10:20pm On Feb 26, 2016
hmmmmm grin future tense as usual
Re: CBN Targets N200/$ Parallel Market Rate by lekankolade(m): 10:21pm On Feb 26, 2016
should we commend CBN or ifeanyi Uba dat vowed to expose those behind naira problem....?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What's The Meaning Of These Symbols On Naira Notes / Obinna Iyiegbu, Cubana Boss Buys Lexus SUV For His Staff (Photos) / Customers Scam Banks With Fake Visas, Tickets For Forex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.