Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,436 members, 7,815,987 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:51 PM

Where Is The Change? -a Homecoming Nigerian Laments. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Where Is The Change? -a Homecoming Nigerian Laments. (564 Views)

What Senseless Nigerian Youths Fail To Understand. Phd Nigerian Laments / 90-Year-Old Man's House Close To Udom's Residence Demolished. Man Laments (Pics) / The "Change The Change" PDP Billboard In Makurdi I Saw Today (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Is The Change? -a Homecoming Nigerian Laments. by Nobody: 9:01pm On Feb 26, 2016
The rough Faced conductors still yell 'yaba yaba' at the bus-stops with Wet cigarettes glued to their Cracked lips.
The electric cables are still sagged and intertwined, now looking more like grandma's old cloth line.
The pot holes have gotten larger, one can practically swim in them during the raining season.
Shouts of 'UP NEPA!' Still emanate from various angles at irregular intervals. obviously power is still an issue.
Children with no shoes nor pants still roam the streets.
The buildings are still the same only that the roofs got 'Browner'.
Dirts and Garbage are still littered all around the city.
I looked at everything again to be sure I wasn't still in the past.
Obviously, I wasn't. And I wasn't day dreaming either.
I've been out of this country for 30 years.
and I just came back, -Hoping to meet a new Nigeria, but surprisingly, Everything is just exactly the way it was the very day I Sailed out.
good thirty years and nothing to show for it.

I couldn't help but ask myself - 'where is the change?'
Re: Where Is The Change? -a Homecoming Nigerian Laments. by tsephanyah(f): 9:04pm On Feb 26, 2016
Please Observe The Following Rules.
Re: Where Is The Change? -a Homecoming Nigerian Laments. by LudaChriz(m): 9:06pm On Feb 26, 2016
The Change is a scam!
Re: Where Is The Change? -a Homecoming Nigerian Laments. by Nobody: 9:09pm On Feb 26, 2016
tsephanyah:
Please Observe The Following Rules.
Which rules again? undecided

Lalasticlala can you kindly tell us where the change is? smiley
Re: Where Is The Change? -a Homecoming Nigerian Laments. by Flexherbal(m): 9:18pm On Feb 26, 2016
Thank God you are back home. We will build the country together.
Re: Where Is The Change? -a Homecoming Nigerian Laments. by Nobody: 9:23pm On Feb 26, 2016
Flexherbal:
Thank God you are back home. We will build the country together.
grin What prevented you guys from building it all these years? embarassed The rest of the world have Really moved embarassed
Re: Where Is The Change? -a Homecoming Nigerian Laments. by ozy4christ(f): 10:06pm On Feb 26, 2016
To make a change is not one mans job but thankGOD u are back,we can collectively make d change u are longing for

(1) (Reply)

Since 1999 Till Date Which Of The Presidents, Do U Think have Done Well / Solving Our Problems In Nigeria / Fani-kayode, Falae Named In Fresh N3.1 Billion Fraud

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.