Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,887 members, 7,814,005 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:21 AM

Declare Adoke Wanted, Sagay Tells EFCC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Declare Adoke Wanted, Sagay Tells EFCC (1237 Views)

I’m Not Afraid Of Losing My Position, Sagay Tells APC / You Have No Power To Summon Me, Sagay Tells Senate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Declare Adoke Wanted, Sagay Tells EFCC by Descartes: 6:29am On Feb 27, 2016
The Chairman, Presidential Advisory Committee Against Corruption, Prof. Itse Sagay (SAN), has told the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission to declare wanted the immediate past Attorney-General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Mohammed Adoke (SAN).

Sagay said this during an interview with our correspondent on Friday while reacting to Adoke’s open letter to Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo.

Punch

Eniola Akinkuotu

The Chairman, Presidential Advisory Committee Against Corruption, Prof. Itse Sagay (SAN), has told the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission to declare wanted the immediate past Attorney-General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Mohammed Adoke (SAN).

Sagay said this during an interview with our correspondent on Friday while reacting to Adoke’s open letter to Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo.

In the said letter, Adoke, who has refused to honour an EFCC invitation since December last year, said he would not do so because there was a plan by some of his political opponents to embarrass him in Nigeria.

The ex-minister, who claimed to be undergoing an academic programme in the Netherlands, was invited by the anti-graft agency for his alleged role in the $2bn Malabu oil deal.

Adoke, who said he had finished writing his exams, said he would not honour the EFCC invitation.

But Sagay said Adoke was testing the collective will of Nigerians by refusing to honour the EFCC invitation.

He said if Adoke was not guilty, he should return to Nigeria to clear his name rather than stay abroad issuing statements.

Sagay said, “Anyone that is invited by the EFCC is duty-bound to make himself available. It is just like the police inviting you and the moment you don’t honour the invitation, they will arrest you. So, it is a sign of respect to invite a person.

“In my view, if his hands are clean, why does he care if he will be embarrassed or not? You cannot be embarrassed if your hands are clean because whoever tries to embarrass you will be the one to be embarrassed when the truth is out.

“So, his response looks like a guilty one and he has stayed away from the country to avoid answering questions and so in my view, he has to be declared wanted, the International Police must go after him and wherever he is found, he should be extradited to Nigeria.”

http://www.punchng.com/declare-adoke-wanted-sagay-tells-efcc/
Re: Declare Adoke Wanted, Sagay Tells EFCC by diasporaman(m): 6:42am On Feb 27, 2016
Ok
Re: Declare Adoke Wanted, Sagay Tells EFCC by bewla(m): 6:45am On Feb 27, 2016
when big man thief u no go c am in cram fighter
Re: Declare Adoke Wanted, Sagay Tells EFCC by nnachukz(m): 6:49am On Feb 27, 2016
Abeg park one side, Adoke is testing the will of APC/vindictive buhari not Nigerians. The lies of the present government against those they have arrested so far, like; Metuh ate his written confession. Their tendency to easily disregard the rule of law in their prosecution and trial of the accused could make one refuse to turn up not necessarily because he is guilty.
Re: Declare Adoke Wanted, Sagay Tells EFCC by Aufbauh(m): 6:50am On Feb 27, 2016

In the said letter, Adoke, who has refused to honour an EFCC invitation since December last year, said he would not do so because there was a plan by some of his political opponents to embarrass him in Nigeria.

http://www.punchng.com/declare-adoke-wanted-sagay-tells-efcc/

He that will keep his integrity and reputation must guide his heart and action.
Adoke should have known that there is no vice that is so small that he should be committed, and no virtue so small that should be overlook, for equity hate the indolent and reward the vigilant.
Re: Declare Adoke Wanted, Sagay Tells EFCC by diasporaman(m): 6:54am On Feb 27, 2016
Efcc Oya food don come for Una table.

Re: Declare Adoke Wanted, Sagay Tells EFCC by mrvitalis(m): 6:56am On Feb 27, 2016
nnachukz:
Abeg park one side, Adoke is testing the will of APC/vindictive buhari not Nigerians. The lies of the present government against those they have arrested so far, like; Metuh ate his written confession. Their tendency to easily disregard the rule of law in their prosecution and trial of the accused could make one refuse to turn up not necessarily because he is guilty.
Are u really a Nigerian?

2 Likes

Re: Declare Adoke Wanted, Sagay Tells EFCC by Mrdecent(m): 7:02am On Feb 27, 2016
Nigerian is moving forward
Re: Declare Adoke Wanted, Sagay Tells EFCC by tunwumi: 7:06am On Feb 27, 2016
Criminals
Re: Declare Adoke Wanted, Sagay Tells EFCC by BALLOSKI: 7:06am On Feb 27, 2016
That cigga-smoking adoke is an euhedral thief. Get him roped asap pls.

If we have a Ricky tarfa(SAN) in custody, I think it won't be out of place to have a former attorney general of the federation in custody too- it will boost our image as a nation and reduce the corruption perception index .

Magu , pls , pick your call.
Re: Declare Adoke Wanted, Sagay Tells EFCC by funlord(m): 7:12am On Feb 27, 2016
cheesy
nnachukz:

"Nationally recognised _DUNCE spotted!"
Re: Declare Adoke Wanted, Sagay Tells EFCC by BALLOSKI: 7:13am On Feb 27, 2016
nnachukz:

Check below, he's even saying he's a politician and you can see why Apc is a match in this case.

Re: Declare Adoke Wanted, Sagay Tells EFCC by nnachukz(m): 7:18am On Feb 27, 2016
mrvitalis:

Are u really a Nigerian?
No, a Cameroonian. Not a Nigerian because I don't dance and support one prosecuting his perceived enemies and shielding his friends from prosecution for same crime.

2 Likes

Re: Declare Adoke Wanted, Sagay Tells EFCC by mrvitalis(m): 7:35am On Feb 27, 2016
nnachukz:
No, a Cameroonian. Not a Nigerian because I don't dance and support one prosecuting his perceived enemies and shielding his friends from prosecution for same crime.
As fare ad the person in question is not innocent Nigerians gain.. .. why didn't PDP prosecute all the corrupt people that were not in there party??
Re: Declare Adoke Wanted, Sagay Tells EFCC by laprince(m): 7:47am On Feb 27, 2016
Hmmmm. So someone is trying to engage the rudderless anti graft body.

Why issue is that, EFCC does not seem to present good cases in court. If not, why should it be so difficult to send someone of prominence to jail.

By the way, when EFCC engages Amaechi, even if its for questioning, then I can think again and update my opinion about them.

For now, maybe they are just good at embarrassing and detaining the supposed corrupt individuals. Nothing more.
Re: Declare Adoke Wanted, Sagay Tells EFCC by Ecoterrorism(f): 7:50am On Feb 27, 2016
Buhari has made mess of our judicial system by ignoring court orders which has made most people invited by that partisan EFCc or court orders refused to show up.

buhari can now be equated with Josef Stalin
Re: Declare Adoke Wanted, Sagay Tells EFCC by Bhella5(m): 8:18am On Feb 27, 2016
I believe sooner or later he too will be in cuffs a la Metuh.
Re: Declare Adoke Wanted, Sagay Tells EFCC by joseph1832(m): 8:21am On Feb 27, 2016
Sagay should be patient. When I heard the EFCC arrested Abba Moro over the immigration job scam, it became clear that one by one, all those who looted this country will get served.

Its only a matter of time.
Re: Declare Adoke Wanted, Sagay Tells EFCC by Mylove55(f): 8:23am On Feb 27, 2016
nnachukz:
why did u ipod little kids always like to embarrass urselfs, d last time i check, adoke is not ipod member, even if he is ipod by proxy, as a result of proxy by corrupt mind. why not advice him to defend himself
Re: Declare Adoke Wanted, Sagay Tells EFCC by babdap: 8:29am On Feb 27, 2016
Has he eaten our yam, if yes let EFCC do the needful?
Re: Declare Adoke Wanted, Sagay Tells EFCC by oduastates: 3:35pm On Feb 27, 2016
Do the police work first .
Gather the evidence and activate the Interpol on him .
Activate interpol on him.

(1) (Reply)

Congratulations to President Muhammadu Buhari! / LIST Of Least Traveled State Governors Since May 2015 / PHOTOS: The Obsene Condition Of UNIBEN Classroom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.