Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,149 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:26 AM

He Killed Her Cos He Didnt Stop At A Zebra Crossing, Nigerian Drivers Are Mad ! - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / He Killed Her Cos He Didnt Stop At A Zebra Crossing, Nigerian Drivers Are Mad ! (1119 Views)

Pics: He Killed His Friend Cus Of 750k.. Graphic warning / 18-year-old Caught Having Sex With Mad Woman / Neighbour Insists Murdered Silverbird Staff Was Pregnant For Man Who Killed Her (2) (3) (4)

He Killed Her Cos He Didnt Stop At A Zebra Crossing, Nigerian Drivers Are Mad ! by walakolobo: 5:48pm On Jul 13, 2009
I came to a zebra crossing in Abuja, saw a woman trying to cross the major road, right on a zebra crosing, i stopped, she waved thank you and proceeded to cross, right there, on the other lane, the on coming car failed to slow down or stop at the zebra crossing, the woman was mid way on the road crossing, and bam, i heard, a car crash into me behind, and the car coming on the next lane hit the woman and died right there. What is the problem with Nigerian car drivers? How do thy get to drive cars when they dont understand what a zebra crossing is? Is this a government problem again?
Re: He Killed Her Cos He Didnt Stop At A Zebra Crossing, Nigerian Drivers Are Mad ! by mccloud224(m): 10:22pm On Jul 14, 2009
Car accidents happen everywhere in the world.Even in the most advanced countries(It happens in London,America,Europe and Asia).Quit ridiculing Nigerians over trivial issues.It makes no sense.
Re: He Killed Her Cos He Didnt Stop At A Zebra Crossing, Nigerian Drivers Are Mad ! by Tudor6(f): 12:12am On Jul 15, 2009
Even a slowpoke knows zebra crossings are useless in nigeria.
Re: He Killed Her Cos He Didnt Stop At A Zebra Crossing, Nigerian Drivers Are Mad ! by walakolobo: 5:27pm On Jul 15, 2009
mccloud224:

Car accidents happen everywhere in the world.Even in the most advanced countries(It happens in London,America,Europe and Asia).Quit ridiculing Nigerians over trivial issues.It makes no sense.

Not at a zebra crossing mr man.
Re: He Killed Her Cos He Didnt Stop At A Zebra Crossing, Nigerian Drivers Are Mad ! by walakolobo: 5:28pm On Jul 15, 2009
Tudór:

So they are more human beings than us in Nigeria at those places where they are useful?
Re: He Killed Her Cos He Didnt Stop At A Zebra Crossing, Nigerian Drivers Are Mad ! by kshow1(m): 5:32pm On Jul 15, 2009
Tudór:

Why are they useless ?
Re: He Killed Her Cos He Didnt Stop At A Zebra Crossing, Nigerian Drivers Are Mad ! by mccloud224(m): 7:28pm On Jul 15, 2009
@walakolobo

Get your mind right.Even in the U.S, drivers over run traffic lights and cause accidents (including untimely deaths).A traffic light is far more visible than a zebra crossing especially at night so what's your point here?Abeg, quit running down your fellow Nigerians.It's because of this attitude,foreigners can come here and have to audacity to insult us in our own land.

Once again, accidents happen everywhere, it's not a "nigerian thing"

Nuff said.
Re: He Killed Her Cos He Didnt Stop At A Zebra Crossing, Nigerian Drivers Are Mad ! by Tudor6(f): 6:49pm On Jul 16, 2009
kshow1:

Why are they useless ?
Well most motorist don't even know what the zebra crossing stands for plus it's either the rains have almost completely washed off the painting or probably a pot hole right on the crossing.
Re: He Killed Her Cos He Didnt Stop At A Zebra Crossing, Nigerian Drivers Are Mad ! by Tudor6(f): 6:51pm On Jul 16, 2009
kshow1:

Why are they useless ?
Well most motorist don't even know what the zebra crossing stands for plus it's either the rains have almost completely washed off the painting or probably a pot hole right on the crossing.
Re: He Killed Her Cos He Didnt Stop At A Zebra Crossing, Nigerian Drivers Are Mad ! by Nobody: 12:44pm On Jul 17, 2009
high levels of illiteracy and educated illiterates in the society.

Should this happen in a western country, it would most likely be because the driver was drunk or impaired in some way.

sad.
Re: He Killed Her Cos He Didnt Stop At A Zebra Crossing, Nigerian Drivers Are Mad ! by walakolobo: 7:07pm On Jul 17, 2009
mccloud224:

@walakolobo

Get your mind right.Even in the U.S, drivers over run traffic lights and cause accidents (including untimely deaths).A traffic light is far more visible than a zebra crossing especially at night so what's your point here?Abeg, quit running down your fellow Nigerians.It's because of this attitude,foreigners can come here and have to audacity to insult us in our own land.

Nuff said.

I am sure you are one person who care less about stopping for pedestrians at zebra crossings.
Re: He Killed Her Cos He Didnt Stop At A Zebra Crossing, Nigerian Drivers Are Mad ! by mccloud224(m): 9:02pm On Jul 17, 2009
And i'm sure you are one person who's brains reside in your ass.Freaking Sanguine.You talk before thinking.
Re: He Killed Her Cos He Didnt Stop At A Zebra Crossing, Nigerian Drivers Are Mad ! by walakolobo: 11:08am On Jul 18, 2009
mccloud224:

And i'm sure you are one person who's brains reside in your ass.Freaking Sanguine.You talk before thinking.

Oohh - means I am lucky to have my brain in my "ass" hmmm - what is he trying to say anyway? That only shows that you dont have a brain, you have a white mucus that has hardened up in your head so much more that it makes you see a goat and things he is your missing junior bother.
Re: He Killed Her Cos He Didnt Stop At A Zebra Crossing, Nigerian Drivers Are Mad ! by Nobody: 10:39am On Jul 19, 2009
mccloud224:

Mr McCloud - you call a woman that was mown down by a motorist on a pedestrian crossing trivial? How serious does it have to be, before it becomes relevant?

mccloud224:

@walakolobo

Nuff said.

Mr McCloud, it's not about running Nigeria down - I'm sure the rest of the world would still insult us, even if we all spoke well of Nigeria, and said it's the best place in the world. The world isn't stupid, and can see things as they are, without any help from us Nigerians.

If we don't acknowledge our faults and short comings, we'll never move forward. Ignoring issues that are glaringly obvious to everyone, in the hope these issues will miraculously vapourise doesn't work!
Re: He Killed Her Cos He Didnt Stop At A Zebra Crossing, Nigerian Drivers Are Mad ! by Nobody: 10:45pm On Jul 19, 2009
mr walakolobo,

I hope you know it was YOU and not the other driver that caused that woman's death.  You say the car behind you ran into you, meaning you must must have stopped abruptly on a fast moving road, you should have looked into your mirrors and checked if there were other cars and jugde their speeds especially in a city like abuja where evryone drives pretty fast, as u know ur not the only one on the road and most people dont even know what a zebra crossing is.
If u hadnt stopped so irresponsibly like that, the woman would not have gotten on the road to cross prematurely as she did, and she'll still be alive today,  Mr man, it was you who killed that woman with your senseless driving. And dont gimme any stupid reply about how they shld have known it was a zebra crossing or whatever, this is not europe, we are simply not there yet, so for the mean time, STOP killing people and causing accidents you fu,cken slowpoke
Re: He Killed Her Cos He Didnt Stop At A Zebra Crossing, Nigerian Drivers Are Mad ! by walakolobo: 12:54pm On Jul 21, 2009
Adrenaline:

mr walakolobo,

I hope you know it was YOU and not the other driver that caused that woman's death. You say the car behind you ran into you, meaning you must must have stopped abruptly on a fast moving road, you should have looked into your mirrors and checked if there are other cars and jugde their speeds especially in a city like abuja where evryone drives pretty fast, as u know ur not the only one on the road and most people dont even know what a zebra crossing is.
If u hadnt stopped so irresponsibly like that, the woman would not have gotten on the road to cross prematurely as she did, and she'll still be alive today, Mr man, it was you who killed that woman with your senseless driving. And dont gimme any stupid reply about how they shld have known it was a zebra crossing or whatever, this is not europe, we are simply not there yet, so for the mean time, STOP killing people and causing accidents you fu,cken slowpoke

Your father and mother na im you dey abuse.
Re: He Killed Her Cos He Didnt Stop At A Zebra Crossing, Nigerian Drivers Are Mad ! by chillbabe(f): 9:21am On Jul 26, 2009
I can't believe u people r insulthing eachother stay at the topic. I live in abuja and i see reacoulus driving everyday zebra or not if u c ure fellow man/woman crossing the road u stop. This has nothing 2 do with the western world or trying 2 bring nigerians down. R we not trying rebranding nigeria 2 make it become the true GIANT off africa. We have 2 correct eachother and say and see things how they really are.

Woman Arrested For Battering Her Son [photos] / How Prisoner Pregnanted Four Female Prison Guards / South Africa: Zulu King Bows To Pressure....