Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,374 members, 7,819,357 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:50 PM

Should I Have Stolen My Boss's Money? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Should I Have Stolen My Boss's Money? (18484 Views)

My Boss' Relationship With A Co-Worker Is Affecting Our Productivity / I Caught My Boss Pants Down With The Organization's Secretary / I Got This For Asking My Boss My February Salary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Have Stolen My Boss's Money? by takoi: 6:11pm On Feb 27, 2016
I won't waste your time.
I have a good boss who not only pays well but have also been very nice to me both financially and otherwise.
He sent me on an errand yesterday to sell some of his personal belongings for him. He was expecting a maximum of 80k from the sales. While selling, I negotiated cleverly and made 150k.
I fought with my conscience to give him like between 80k-90k. But I finally decided to give him all the money because he had always been a nice guy and I felt it was wrong to cheat or steal from someone who always gives you even more than you deserve.
Fast forward to today. My younger brother called that he needs money for some pressing needs in school and I did not have money to give him because almost all the money I have is tied down to a certain business deal.
I feel bad that I can't give my brother the money he needs and I could have had the cash to give him if I took part of the money yesterday. I have been wondering if it was really worth it that I gave my boss all the proceeds from the sales.
Please share ur thoughts on this.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Have Stolen My Boss's Money? by yomi007k(m): 6:14pm On Feb 27, 2016
U did the right thing.

U have won d trust of ur boss.

U can't save d world everytime...becos u can't help ur bro out now doesn't mean u won't help him out in d future.

I'm sure ur boss will have ur back too someday.

211 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Should I Have Stolen My Boss's Money? by Nobody: 6:15pm On Feb 27, 2016
You did nothing wrong. Honesty always Pays off in the Long run

P.S. there's also a Possibilty that if you had short-changed your boss someone would have contacted you with your Brothers phone to inform you that he's in critical condition in one of the teaching hospitals and you'll end up spending all the money and even more in paying hospital bills

55 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Have Stolen My Boss's Money? by kingofchess(m): 6:17pm On Feb 27, 2016
integrity is far better Dan any amount....u did the right....don't worry op God will soon pick ur calls big time.

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Should I Have Stolen My Boss's Money? by Goodlyf(m): 6:18pm On Feb 27, 2016
takoi:
I won't waste your time.
I have a good boss who not only pays well but have also been very nice to me both financially and otherwise.
He sent me on an errand yesterday to sell some of his personal belongings for him. He was expecting a maximum of 80k from the sales. While selling, I negotiated cleverly and made 150k.
I fought with my conscience to give him like between 80k-90k. But I finally decided to give him all the money because he had always been a nice guy and I felt it was wrong to cheat or steal from someone who always gives you even more than you deserve.
Fast forward to today. My younger brother called that he needs money for some pressing needs in school and I did not have money to give him because almost all the money I have is tied down to a certain business deal.
I feel bad that I can't give my brother the money he needs and I could have had the cash to give him if I took part of the money yesterday. I have been wondering if it was really worth it that I gave my boss all the proceeds from the sales.

Honesty is always and will always be the best policy my brother. By your actions you have gained greater respect and trust from your boss. He knows you are a good man. There's no cause for regret cos you did the right thing. You brother will always get the support he needs. You have passed the test. So there's nothing to worry about.

11 Likes

Re: Should I Have Stolen My Boss's Money? by ShakurM(m): 6:25pm On Feb 27, 2016
I won't tell you what everybody is telling you

Nobody is clamouring for or against honesty.

Or you can use a stone to kill two birds ;
Give him 100k, pocket 50k. You have his trust. Everybody is happy

Your boss expects 80k,give him the 80k... you made more than 80k! Ok that your inexperienced conscience is pricking you Mr nice guy, give am 100k, take the 50k! You earned it, you used your intellectual power.

What if you lost the 80k or you didn't make the expected amount of sales next time?

98 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Have Stolen My Boss's Money? by Nobody: 7:03pm On Feb 27, 2016
Your honesty will speak for you one day.

But next time no try am. Even if na 20k chop from the money. Abi you dey craze ni? angry

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Should I Have Stolen My Boss's Money? by Kingzy4pep(m): 7:10pm On Feb 27, 2016
So, you are regretting that you gave me all the cash you made from the sales yesterday?
Don't worry, I'd see you in office on Monday.

On a more serious note, You couldn't have done it better. Remember trust is priceless.

22 Likes

Re: Should I Have Stolen My Boss's Money? by yomi007k(m): 7:37pm On Feb 27, 2016
ShakurM:
I won't tell you what everybody is telling you

Nobody is clamouring for or against honesty.

Or you can use a stone to kill two birds ;
Give him 100k, pocket 50k. You have his trust. Everybody is happy

Your boss expects 80k,give him the 80k... you made more than 80k! Ok that your inexperienced conscience is pricking you Mr nice guy, give am 100k, take the 50k! You earned it, you used your intellectual power.

What if you lost the 80k or you didn't make the expected amount of sales next time?

And u wud be a happy boss if d employee u have been so nice to did this to u?

Yes or No.

10 Likes

Re: Should I Have Stolen My Boss's Money? by Seeeeeeee: 8:05pm On Feb 27, 2016
Ok Op we once came back from church to notice that our house has been robbed by thieves, everyone were moving round the house to check items the theives left with, my mom was not yet back only me, my dad and siblings. I went to my mom's bedroom the first place i put my hand was her jacket... Behold i removed 26,000 naira i shouted the theives didnt see moms money my bro and sis came and were looking at me, later i thought to myself hmmmm i for chop that one clean mouth but i come jonze. So dear OP I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL, WHAT STOPS U FROM GIVING HIM 100K AND POCKETING 50K SINCE HE EXPECTED 80K WISE UP DONT DULL, LIFE IS NOT FOR DULL MEN.

12 Likes

Re: Should I Have Stolen My Boss's Money? by Nobody: 8:17pm On Feb 27, 2016
Growing up in A Nigerian Home...I have learnt Part Deceit mixed with intelligence is the best policy.

Complete Honesty doesn't make you enjoy yourself and you suffer, Deceit will make you get caught one way or the other while partial honesty not only earns trust but you get to enjoy your mischief if not fully.

You shoulda given the Baldie 100g and kept 50g

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Have Stolen My Boss's Money? by emalek86(m): 8:17pm On Feb 27, 2016
BRING BACK OUR CORRUPTION!!!
With Corruption a bag of pure water was N80
Without Corruption a bag of pure water is N150
With Corruption dollar was N180
Without Corruption dollar is N400
With Corruption I have 20hrs electricity at low tariff
Without Corruption I have 7hrs electricity
with 45% increase in tariff
With Corruption keke to my house takes N50
Without Corruption keke to my house takes N100
WithCorruption smallest indomie was N40
Without Corruption smallest indomie is N60
The list can go on and on but I just have to end it and take a stand......
# IStandWithCorruption
# Bringbackourcorruption .
# BuharibringbackNigeria .
# Bringbacknaira .
If with Corruption Dollar was N180 and without Corruption Dollar is now N425,
Brother and Sisters, you will agree with me that we need corruption in this country...
Titus Sardine started with 4 fishes, it reduced to 3. Then now it's 2.
In years to come, you'll open Sardine and see "Try Again"
Good night pals.

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Should I Have Stolen My Boss's Money? by brunofarad(m): 8:17pm On Feb 27, 2016
undecided

1 Like

Re: Should I Have Stolen My Boss's Money? by goldiam(f): 8:19pm On Feb 27, 2016
Bros abeg comot mind deir you don give am u don give am be that abi wet in be the jamb question wey you come dey ask us oo

2 Likes

Re: Should I Have Stolen My Boss's Money? by INTROVERT(f): 8:19pm On Feb 27, 2016
Never forget the golden rule.
Re: Should I Have Stolen My Boss's Money? by drnairalov: 8:20pm On Feb 27, 2016
u shud return u knw, since he is a great boss..

My boss just fired me from job, so i used the fire extinguisher to hit him cos it says

"incase of fire use"

then he arrest me ..Pls why?

9 Likes

Re: Should I Have Stolen My Boss's Money? by DankemzI(m): 8:20pm On Feb 27, 2016
Chop knuckle.
You be correct guy smiley
Re: Should I Have Stolen My Boss's Money? by Marvel1206: 8:20pm On Feb 27, 2016
to be candid with you, you did the best thing

2 Likes

Re: Should I Have Stolen My Boss's Money? by kennyman2000(m): 8:20pm On Feb 27, 2016
You did well bro! Expect the returns somedays.

Check my signature for ur customised wristband
Re: Should I Have Stolen My Boss's Money? by cycline404(m): 8:21pm On Feb 27, 2016
No
Re: Should I Have Stolen My Boss's Money? by Beno3: 8:21pm On Feb 27, 2016
Honesty is the best policy.

1 Like

Re: Should I Have Stolen My Boss's Money? by jogsman01(m): 8:22pm On Feb 27, 2016
lead us not into 'temptation'

2 Likes

Re: Should I Have Stolen My Boss's Money? by gerrardomendes(m): 8:22pm On Feb 27, 2016
ok
Re: Should I Have Stolen My Boss's Money? by Nobody: 8:22pm On Feb 27, 2016
shocked
Re: Should I Have Stolen My Boss's Money? by amunkita(m): 8:23pm On Feb 27, 2016
I don't follow crowd..

So I won't say what u did was good..

Have u noticed that most honest people die poor..
Just as someone advised, boss 100k, u 50k..

It would be a win win affair..

U think if u come to nairaland to tell us ow honest u re, u did get someone to raise u the fund needed for ur broda
Oga this life nah 4 the wise, even pastors dey wise up else they will die poor..

3 Likes

Re: Should I Have Stolen My Boss's Money? by falseman(m): 8:24pm On Feb 27, 2016
God solved your brother's problem in advance but you couldn't see the clear picture

If I were your boss I will give you nothing less that 10k since my target was 80K
For heaven's sake you made extra 70k. Take 30k out even angel wey send the buyer give you go dey vex now.

7 Likes

Re: Should I Have Stolen My Boss's Money? by Kazrem(m): 8:25pm On Feb 27, 2016
takoi:
I won't waste your time.
That your first paragraph sums it all. A good boss (even a bad one too) deserves loyalty from one.

Thank your God for not "stealing" part of the proceeds. If you had, you would have given your brother a stolen money which is filthy. A filthy source is tantamount to destroy whatever one sow with it.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Have Stolen My Boss's Money? by megainvest: 8:25pm On Feb 27, 2016
If your story is true, I can tell you this: You have just passed a major test in your life and your promotion is waiting for you. But as usual, the enemy has come knocking. Stand your ground and keep your integrity. You will never regret it in the long run.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Have Stolen My Boss's Money? by Hypolyta: 8:25pm On Feb 27, 2016
Need i tell u but u r STUPID no apologies... Your boss wanted 80k the rest was urs for the taking... Its about business not integrity

3 Likes

Re: Should I Have Stolen My Boss's Money? by Nobody: 8:25pm On Feb 27, 2016
yomi007k:
U did the right thing.

U have won d trust of ur boss.

U can't save d world everytime...becos u can't help ur bro out now doesn't mean u won't help him out in d future.

I'm sure ur boss will have ur back too someday.
people are not like that

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigeria Customs Fires 61 & Retires 16 Officers Over Certificate Forgery / Things To Avoid That Can Cost You Your Career / Why Nigerians Find It Hard To Disclose Their Income

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.