Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,577 members, 7,820,079 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:26 AM

Should I Have Stolen My Boss's Money? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Should I Have Stolen My Boss's Money? (18486 Views)

My Boss' Relationship With A Co-Worker Is Affecting Our Productivity / I Caught My Boss Pants Down With The Organization's Secretary / I Got This For Asking My Boss My February Salary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Have Stolen My Boss's Money? by Nobody: 8:26pm On Feb 27, 2016
you did the ryt tin just watch out for ur reward mark my word

1 Like

Re: Should I Have Stolen My Boss's Money? by yomi007k(m): 8:27pm On Feb 27, 2016
lilzcee:
people are not like that

U mean "some people"

Its only takes an act of distrust to get written off by some people.
Re: Should I Have Stolen My Boss's Money? by asids55: 8:27pm On Feb 27, 2016
takoi:
I won't waste your time.
I have a good boss who not only pays well but have also been very nice to me both financially and otherwise.
He sent me on an errand yesterday to sell some of his personal belongings for him. He was expecting a maximum of 80k from the sales. While selling, I negotiated cleverly and made 150k.
I fought with my conscience to give him like between 80k-90k. But I finally decided to give him all the money because he had always been a nice guy and I felt it was wrong to cheat or steal from someone who always gives you even more than you deserve.
Fast forward to today. My younger brother called that he needs money for some pressing needs in school and I did not have money to give him because almost all the money I have is tied down to a certain business deal.
I feel bad that I can't give my brother the money he needs and I could have had the cash to give him if I took part of the money yesterday. I have been wondering if it was really worth it that I gave my boss all the proceeds from the sales.
Please share ur thoughts on this.

how do you think the regular igbo guy in computer village or any other market survives? the owners of a particular merchandise gives them a price,they add theirs to it,and that's profit for them..shikena!no magogo mago..no wayo
Re: Should I Have Stolen My Boss's Money? by mazimee(m): 8:28pm On Feb 27, 2016
James, before I sent you on that errand I already knew and estimated #150 thousands after the sales. But decided not to mention it to you so as to test if you are trust worthy. Coming on nairaland to ask if it was a wrong decision makes me to have a rethink of my painted image of you.
On serious note, think about it this way. What if it was staged to test you and your boss knows how much he was to expect at the end of the day. Would you still earn his trust. Even that is not the case, remember that no good done to another is waste.

1 Like

Re: Should I Have Stolen My Boss's Money? by EmmahO(m): 8:28pm On Feb 27, 2016
OK next!!
Re: Should I Have Stolen My Boss's Money? by Sunnypa11(m): 8:29pm On Feb 27, 2016
U did the right thing broz....What if u chop from the money and ur boss later confirm the actual price u sold those stuffs ?

God will bless ur pocket.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Have Stolen My Boss's Money? by mostob(m): 8:30pm On Feb 27, 2016
ShakurM:
I won't tell you what everybody is telling you

Nobody is clamouring for or against honesty.

Or you can use a stone to kill two birds ;
Give him 100k, pocket 50k. You have his trust. Everybody is happy

Your boss expects 80k,give him the 80k... you made more than 80k! Ok that your inexperienced conscience is pricking you Mr nice guy, give am 100k, take the 50k! You earned it, you used your intellectual power.

What if you lost the 80k or you didn't make the expected amount of sales next time?

the way some people dey reason,they deserve to be sold to other country
Re: Should I Have Stolen My Boss's Money? by tbliss22(m): 8:30pm On Feb 27, 2016
takoi:
I won't waste your time.
I have a good boss who not only pays well but have also been very nice to me both financially and otherwise.
He sent me on an errand yesterday to sell some of his personal belongings for him. He was expecting a maximum of 80k from the sales. While selling, I negotiated cleverly and made 150k.
I fought with my conscience to give him like between 80k-90k. But I finally decided to give him all the money because he had always been a nice guy and I felt it was wrong to cheat or steal from someone who always gives you even more than you deserve.
Fast forward to today. My younger brother called that he needs money for some pressing needs in school and I did not have money to give him because almost all the money I have is tied down to a certain business deal.
I feel bad that I can't give my brother the money he needs and I could have had the cash to give him if I took part of the money yesterday. I have been wondering if it was really worth it that I gave my boss all the proceeds from the sales.

Mr Op all u need is renewal of ur mind. Thoughts like that should be thrown out of your mind within seconds when it comes.

Don't let what attracts u today destroys the best tomorrow ahead of you. A lot of old men today swimming in penury are suffering as a result of little errors committed while they were very young

We all are prone to temptations but always understand that "what goes around will always come around".

2 Likes

Re: Should I Have Stolen My Boss's Money? by dmexy33: 8:31pm On Feb 27, 2016
takoi:
I won't waste your time.

THE VIRTUE OF SELFISHNESS.
Re: Should I Have Stolen My Boss's Money? by frisky2good(m): 8:31pm On Feb 27, 2016
A clear conscience fears no guilt so why are you feeling bad after following your heart? What if you stole all the money and your brother came with a million naira problem, will you kill yourself?

takoi:
I won't waste your time.
Re: Should I Have Stolen My Boss's Money? by Nobody: 8:33pm On Feb 27, 2016
emalek86:
BRING BACK OUR CORRUPTION!!!
With Corruption a bag of pure water was N80
Without Corruption a bag of pure water is N150
With Corruption dollar was N180
Without Corruption dollar is N400
With Corruption I have 20hrs electricity at low tariff
Without Corruption I have 7hrs electricity
with 45% increase in tariff
With Corruption keke to my house takes N50
Without Corruption keke to my house takes N100
WithCorruption smallest indomie was N40
Without Corruption smallest indomie is N60
The list can go on and on but I just have to end it and take a stand......
# IStandWithCorruption
# Bringbackourcorruption .
# BuharibringbackNigeria .
# Bringbacknaira .
If with Corruption Dollar was N180 and without Corruption Dollar is now N425,
Brother and Sisters, you will agree with me that we need corruption in this country...
Titus Sardine started with 4 fishes, it reduced to 3. Then now it's 2.
In years to come, you'll open Sardine and see "Try Again"
Good night pals.

If you can post proof that you've ever changed dollar in your life I'll donate $20 to your favorite charity in your name.

1 Like

Re: Should I Have Stolen My Boss's Money? by Nobody: 8:35pm On Feb 27, 2016
yomi007k:

U mean "some people"

Its only takes an act of distrust to get written off by some people.
human beings have weak points, trust for 21st century undecided
Re: Should I Have Stolen My Boss's Money? by bigtt76(f): 8:35pm On Feb 27, 2016
They have devalued our standard of living shaaaa undecided

emalek86:
BRING BACK OUR CORRUPTION!!!
# IStandWithCorruption
# Bringbacknaira .
Brother and Sisters, you will agree with me that we need corruption in this country...
Good night pals.
Re: Should I Have Stolen My Boss's Money? by Kingzy4pep(m): 8:36pm On Feb 27, 2016
INTROVERT:
Never forget the golden rule.
Do to others what you wish others to do to you.

1 Like

Re: Should I Have Stolen My Boss's Money? by Nobody: 8:36pm On Feb 27, 2016
INTROVERT:
Never forget the golden rule.
what is the Golden rule? That of kant? Don't you feel in some pressing situation utilitarian principle could be applied?
Re: Should I Have Stolen My Boss's Money? by kunle75(m): 8:37pm On Feb 27, 2016
takoi:
I won't waste your time.

you have done the right thing please dont let the devil decieve you.

Remember a lady that return 12m at the airport if you follow her story today you will be happy u did.

God bless u bro.
Re: Should I Have Stolen My Boss's Money? by Nobody: 8:38pm On Feb 27, 2016
takoi:
I won't waste your time.
Next time, the situation determines the ethically acceptable principle to be applied. Next time use utilitarian principle
Re: Should I Have Stolen My Boss's Money? by 4thsense: 8:39pm On Feb 27, 2016
Nairaland is never a good place to get safe advice. I said "safe" because there are equally as many unserious minded people and really bad people who would end up confusing the advice seeker from taking the good advices offered.

My answer to you OP is that the people advising you against the noble action you took have their scars from practicing their unjust ways but wouldn't tell you. The principle of wrong doing has never been broken in history, it always duly serves the bitter pills.
Re: Should I Have Stolen My Boss's Money? by Hypolyta: 8:40pm On Feb 27, 2016
amunkita:
I don't follow crowd..

So I won't say what u did was good..

Have u noticed that most honest people die poor..
Just as someone advised, boss 100k, u 50k..

It would be a win win affair..

U think if u come to nairaland to tell us ow honest u re, u did get someone to raise u the fund needed for ur broda
Oga this life nah 4 the wise, even pastors dey wise up else they will die poor..
You are very wise my broda unlike some pretenders here

1 Like

Re: Should I Have Stolen My Boss's Money? by Booty4me: 8:40pm On Feb 27, 2016
You should have given him 100k and pocketed 50k. Its a win win. Your boss is happy and you are happy.
Re: Should I Have Stolen My Boss's Money? by Peacefulgold(m): 8:40pm On Feb 27, 2016
U did d rite tin my guy....wat guarantee do u have dat even if u have kept part of d money yesterday dat it wild have still been available today dat ur broda needs it...my guy conscience is all dat matas nd its good u r at peace wit urs
Re: Should I Have Stolen My Boss's Money? by Psalm18: 8:41pm On Feb 27, 2016
You have a scrupulous conscience.
This forum is not adequate to address it. See a priest or psychologist.
Re: Should I Have Stolen My Boss's Money? by Localamos(m): 8:41pm On Feb 27, 2016
ShakurM:
I won't tell you what everybody is telling you

Nobody is clamouring for or against honesty.

Or you can use a stone to kill two birds ;
Give him 100k, pocket 50k. You have his trust. Everybody is happy

Your boss expects 80k,give him the 80k... you made more than 80k! Ok that your inexperienced conscience is pricking you Mr nice guy, give am 100k, take the 50k! You earned it, you used your intellectual power.

What if you lost the 80k or you didn't make the expected amount of sales next time?

It's not just about the boss's "trust". It's also about karma. Like what someone said earlier, what if you had to spend the money you pocketed in selling emergency hospital bills?

I believe your brother's request is just a piece in the whole puzzle. Please hang on with your strong expectation, God will soon pick your call.
Re: Should I Have Stolen My Boss's Money? by MummyEsther: 8:42pm On Feb 27, 2016
yomi007k:
U did the right thing.

U have won d trust of ur boss.

U can't save d world everytime...becos u can't help ur bro out now doesn't mean u won't help him out in d future.

I'm sure ur boss will have ur back too someday.

God bless you Yomi.
Best post today
Re: Should I Have Stolen My Boss's Money? by FemiFaniKayode: 8:43pm On Feb 27, 2016
[[s]quote author=emalek86 post=43311313]BRING BACK OUR CORRUPTION!!!
# IStandWithCorruption
# Bringbacknaira .
Good night pals.[/quote][/s]

my pepple when did DSS release IPOB charlatans like this lately from Kano Prison?
Re: Should I Have Stolen My Boss's Money? by segebobo: 8:43pm On Feb 27, 2016
You did no wrong.
You'd have spoken to ur boss on ur brother's behalf to help
Re: Should I Have Stolen My Boss's Money? by yomi007k(m): 8:44pm On Feb 27, 2016
MummyEsther:

God bless you Yomi.
Best post today

Amen.

Tnk u.

God bless
Re: Should I Have Stolen My Boss's Money? by Donpizzle(m): 8:45pm On Feb 27, 2016
yomi007k:

And u wud be a happy boss if d employee u have been so nice to did this to u?

Yes or No.

Hw would he knw if e was cheated by His employee?
Re: Should I Have Stolen My Boss's Money? by xtervaganza(m): 8:46pm On Feb 27, 2016
You did the right thing 100% But some bosses are bastards and Assholes. They will still not trust you even if you lay your life for them

But as you said, he's a good man so I believe he's deserving of your good deeds
Re: Should I Have Stolen My Boss's Money? by yomi007k(m): 8:46pm On Feb 27, 2016
Donpizzle:

Hw would he knw if e was cheated by His employee?

Yes or No.

Answer d question first.
Re: Should I Have Stolen My Boss's Money? by Donpizzle(m): 8:57pm On Feb 27, 2016
yomi007k:

Yes or No.

Answer d question first.
Yes undecided
Re: Should I Have Stolen My Boss's Money? by Jacko01: 9:08pm On Feb 27, 2016
Buhari will locate you this year u hear... U r needed in his govt.... U did the rite thing.... Wil i hav acted lik u hmmmm.... I need to search ma concsience.... Em no neva i fo pocket ma own like 50k.... Dude u no like nkwobi... New phone... Shawarma.... Be lik say u no get babe sef.... Stil gud of u

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigeria Customs Fires 61 & Retires 16 Officers Over Certificate Forgery / Things To Avoid That Can Cost You Your Career / Why Nigerians Find It Hard To Disclose Their Income

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.