Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:35 AM

How I Ported To Airtel From MTN - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How I Ported To Airtel From MTN (3240 Views)

9mobile Gains The Highest Number Of Ported Subscribers In September – NCC / Court Awards N5m To Airtel Customer Who Dragged Them To Court Over Messages / Has Anyone Tried This Surprise Deal From MTN? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Ported To Airtel From MTN by ciscostaz: 6:15pm On Feb 27, 2016
In November 2015, I received a text message from MTN to go and re-register (because ive done that earlier). I couldn’t go during the week due to exigencies of work so I chose a Saturday to do that. MTN network acted up so much that day that I could not be registered after spending several hours at their registration centre. I had to create time out of my busy schedule to visit their office back on Monday to do the registration. I was really relived. I received a message thanking me for registering my line.

In December 2015. I received the same text message that I should go and re-register. I vowed never to go back and waste my time thinking maybe it was in error. Surprisingly my line was blocked from making or receiving calls but I could receive text messages. I was angry. As that is my main line, I had to go through the painful process of re registering the line again including facing some MTN staffs who are so rude and very partial as they give preferential treatment to people they know. I told the lady after collecting the receipt for the registration that am tired and wouldn’t want to come back for this process again. She assured me that that will be the last. I received a message thanking me again for registering and free credit.

I was dumbfounded when I received another alert in January 2016 to go and re-register my line again. Whaaaaaaaaaaat!!! I thought it was a mistake. I called their customer care who implore me to go and re-register again. Well, I thought to myself, If MTN is crazy, I am not. And if they want to use me to learn how to re-register line, then am not available. So I just walked into Airtel office, ported my line and within 48 hrs I was online again. I think I have peace now. All thanks to NCC.
Re: How I Ported To Airtel From MTN by iliyande(m): 7:06pm On Feb 27, 2016
Welcome to Airtel where customers are respected cheesy
Re: How I Ported To Airtel From MTN by Folabudic: 7:16pm On Feb 27, 2016
Tweakware cracked version with Mtn zero naira :Good day fellas, trust you are having a nice time, I shared some tips, on the latest mtn zero naira with simple Android Server earlier today, and I know by now most of us have being using different vpn to power and enjoy the free browsing on MTN. Well today, I introduce you to another crazy modded vpn. For the lovers of tweakware, heres the modded version of the vpn. The tweakware vpn is modded with psiphon handler menu. Read more here : http://jimmypro.club/tweakware-cracked-version-with-mtn-zero-naira/
Re: How I Ported To Airtel From MTN by Fulanto(m): 8:44pm On Feb 27, 2016
What are the requirements?
Re: How I Ported To Airtel From MTN by ciscostaz: 8:54pm On Feb 27, 2016
Fulanto:
What are the requirements?

It's really simple . Just walk into any customer care center of your choice. You will be required to send a text message to the porting number. Then you will be given a new sim. You wait until you receive a text message to put the new sim and the old network goes off too. That's it. The beauty is that you will retain your number. So many people don't know it is as easy as that.
Re: How I Ported To Airtel From MTN by ciscostaz: 8:55pm On Feb 27, 2016
iliyande:
Welcome to Airtel where customers are respected cheesy
Thanks.
Re: How I Ported To Airtel From MTN by salz01: 10:06pm On Feb 27, 2016
Folabudic:
Tweakware cracked version with Mtn zero naira :Good day fellas, trust you are having a nice time, I shared some tips, on the latest mtn zero naira with simple Android Server earlier today, and I know by now most of us have being using different vpn to power and enjoy the free browsing on MTN. Well today, I introduce you to another crazy modded vpn. For the lovers of tweakware, heres the modded version of the vpn. The tweakware vpn is modded with psiphon handler menu. Read more here : http://jimmypro.club/tweakware-cracked-version-with-mtn-zero-naira/
. .
post Ur tweak here Ur rediretion has been block
Re: How I Ported To Airtel From MTN by Fulanto(m): 10:19pm On Feb 27, 2016
ciscostaz:

It's really simple . Just walk into any customer care center of your choice. You will be required to send a text message to the porting number. Then you will be given a new sim. You wait until you receive a text message to put the new sim and the old network goes off too. That's it. The beauty is that you will retain your number. So many people don't know it is as easy as that.
Thanks for the info but I've been using a ported line since last year... just had this sudden problem of not able to port to other network even after the 90days... that was why I asked u about their requirements, maybe it's different from the one I had. Been trying to port to airtel but to no avail.
Re: How I Ported To Airtel From MTN by Fulanto(m): 10:22pm On Feb 27, 2016
ciscostaz:

Thanks for the info but I've being using a ported line since last year... just had this sudden problem of not been able to port to other network even after the 90days... that was why I asked u about their requirements, maybe it's different from the one I had. Been trying to port to airtel but to no avail.
Re: How I Ported To Airtel From MTN by Nobody: 6:19am On Feb 28, 2016
Why porting in this era of 70 to 100 naira sim card? Triple dual stand by device? When one sells his dog and buy a monkey, you still have squatting things in your home.
Re: How I Ported To Airtel From MTN by pair36(m): 10:26am On Feb 28, 2016
indigene:
Why porting in this era of 70 to 100 naira sim card? Triple dual stand by device? When one sells his dog and buy a monkey, you still have squatting things in your home.
Because all your contacts know that line and not the new line you bought for #50.
I ported from mtn to airtel last year August and it was the best decision I made. Peace of mind, voice clarity everywhere. And way cheaper call tariff.
Re: How I Ported To Airtel From MTN by iliyande(m): 10:29am On Feb 28, 2016
pair36:

Because all your contacts know that line and not the new line you bought for #50.
I ported from mtn to airtel last year August and it was the best decision I made. Peace of mind, voice clarity everywhere. And way cheaper call tariff.

When I tell people that airtel is the best, they argue. Please let them know cool
Re: How I Ported To Airtel From MTN by ciscostaz: 3:51pm On Feb 28, 2016
Fulanto:

Thanks for the info but I've been using a ported line since last year... just had this sudden problem of not able to port to other network even after the 90days... that was why I asked u about their requirements, maybe it's different from the one I had. Been trying to port to airtel but to no avail.

I think you may need to visit another customer care centre. They should be able to help you out.
Re: How I Ported To Airtel From MTN by ellguapo: 1:12am On Feb 29, 2016
Say I port from mtn to airtel now, does my airtime remain intact and can I port back to mtn?
Re: How I Ported To Airtel From MTN by ciscostaz: 7:40am On Mar 01, 2016
ellguapo:
Say I port from mtn to airtel now, does my airtime remain intact and can I port back to mtn?

You need to use up your credit and leave at least N50 to send the porting text messages. You need to do a backup of your contacts, call logs and sms because you will loose all.
Re: How I Ported To Airtel From MTN by Fulanto(m): 8:06am On Mar 01, 2016
ciscostaz:

You need to use up your credit and leave at least N50 to send the porting text messages. You need to do a backup of your contacts, call logs and sms because you will loose all.

It's free to send port
Re: How I Ported To Airtel From MTN by ciscostaz: 7:19am On Apr 22, 2016
It appears MTN has asked their subscribers to re-register their lines(SIMs) again. Na wah ooo. grin grin grin
Re: How I Ported To Airtel From MTN by funkdr(m): 8:54am On Apr 22, 2016
I wish MTN would just release me, I've been trying to port to etisalat or airtel but to no avail.

(1) (Reply)

10 Cheap Quality Android Smartphones You Can Buy In Nigeria With N20k Minimum / The Fastest And Most Economical Network For Data / MTN 4.5GB Night Plan Now Working All Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.