Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,675 members, 7,823,909 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:59 PM

History: Attack On Pearl Harbour, U.S. VS Hiroshima And Nagasaki 1945. - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / History: Attack On Pearl Harbour, U.S. VS Hiroshima And Nagasaki 1945. (9039 Views)

The Visit Of US President Obama To Hiroshima Not Enough / President Obama Visits Hiroshima; Wants "World Without Nuclear Weapon" (photos) / Things You Didn’t Know About Hiroshima (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: History: Attack On Pearl Harbour, U.S. VS Hiroshima And Nagasaki 1945. by Nobody: 11:31pm On Mar 04, 2016
kcowen:

that movie pearl Harbour was one of the reason I fell in love with Ben Affleck,the movie was so real & touching

When you watch “Saving Private Ryan” , trust me, you'll hate & discard Pearl Harbour.

Did you see Vin Diesel in that 3rd pic? grin

Saving Barshar Al-Assad is the dopest! grin

2 Likes

Re: History: Attack On Pearl Harbour, U.S. VS Hiroshima And Nagasaki 1945. by Djbaka(m): 12:53pm On Mar 05, 2016
Zoharariel:

When you watch “Saving Private Ryan” , trust me, you'll hate & discard Pearl Harbour.

I'd appreciate a sure link to d/l these two if you have one.
Re: History: Attack On Pearl Harbour, U.S. VS Hiroshima And Nagasaki 1945. by vivaciousvivi(f): 6:24pm On Mar 06, 2016
upsyLi:

I wonder oooo
Politics is everywhere that's why. So far as you have partial mods like that Myndd44 or whatever his name is, only certain topics from preferred people will make front page.

Zoharariel:

When you watch “Saving Private Ryan” .
The best WW2 Movie ever to come out of Hollywood @ Saving Private Ryan.
The Al-Assad one you depicted below, is the movie a spoof or for real?

1 Like

Re: History: Attack On Pearl Harbour, U.S. VS Hiroshima And Nagasaki 1945. by Demmzy15(m): 9:06pm On Mar 26, 2017
Zoharariel:

That movie is dope, I intend on creating a thread about ww2. A ww2 veteran said when he watched that Omaha Beach Landing, the only thing that was missing was the smell.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: History: Attack On Pearl Harbour, U.S. VS Hiroshima And Nagasaki 1945. by Bentizil: 1:52pm On Aug 09, 2022
CaneMint:
The attack on Pearl Harbor was a surprise combined air and underwater attack by the Japanese Navy, which the United States saw as an unprecedented audacity on the part of the Japanese army. The U.S. response was not long in coming, for the attack on Pearl Harbor was one of the main reasons the U.S. decided to use atomic bombs.
Honestly, this topic is too broad and I think it would be much easier if you read this article on Hiroshima and Nagasaki https://www.jluggage.com/blog/history/why-hiroshima-nagasaki-bombed-chosen/
There you will learn many amazing facts about what other reasons there were for dropping atomic bombs on these cities and what the consequences were.
Irrespective of what the article say, the attack on the civilian population of Hiroshima and Nagasaki is not justified and a war crime... The US are itching to test their so-called weapon at the detriment of civilian populace...

The Japanese were bound to lose with Soviet entry into the war, so why the inhumane bombing??

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: History: Attack On Pearl Harbour, U.S. VS Hiroshima And Nagasaki 1945. by Danny50: 3:07pm On Aug 09, 2022
Dont mess with US, they never forget history and they will hits you hard.

1 Like

Re: History: Attack On Pearl Harbour, U.S. VS Hiroshima And Nagasaki 1945. by Faithti(m): 3:26pm On Aug 09, 2022
[quote author=Bentizil post=115536020]
Irrespective of what the article say,

The Japanese were bound to lose with Soviet entry into the war, so why the inhumane bombing??
[/quote.The Allies called for the unconditional surrender of the Imperial Japanese armed forces in the POTSDAM DECLARATION on 26 JULY 1945, the alternative being "PROMPT AND UTTER DESTRUCTION". THE JAPANESE GOVERNMENT CHOOSE TO IGNORE THE ULTIMATUM.Japan surrendered to the Allies on 15 AUGUST, SIX DAYS after the Soviet Union's declaration of war and the bombing of Nagasaki. The Japanese government signed the instrument of surrender on 2 SEPTEMBER,effectively ending the war. A little research do no harm.

1 Like

Re: History: Attack On Pearl Harbour, U.S. VS Hiroshima And Nagasaki 1945. by Faithti(m): 3:36pm On Aug 09, 2022
A little twist but both the atomic bombings weren't the worst in history.the worst was the.The Bombing of Tokyo (東京大空襲, Tōkyōdaikūshū) was a series of firebombing air raids by the United States Army Air Force during the Pacific campaigns of World War II. Operation Meetinghouse, which was conducted on the night of 9–10 March 1945, IS THE SINGLE MOST DESTRUCTIVE BOMBING RAID IN HUMAN HISTORY.[1] 16 square miles (41 km2; 10,000 acres) of central Tokyo were destroyed, leaving an estimated 100,000 civilians dead and over one million homeless.[1] The atomic bombing of Nagasaki by comparison, resulted in the deaths of between 39,000 and 80,000 people.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: History: Attack On Pearl Harbour, U.S. VS Hiroshima And Nagasaki 1945. by mysticwarrior(m): 8:50am On Aug 10, 2022
Zoharariel:

my favorite part in this movie is the Omaha beach landing, where Americans soldiers where mowed down in large numbers by German MG42 machine gunners.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: History: Attack On Pearl Harbour, U.S. VS Hiroshima And Nagasaki 1945. by TheSourcerer: 10:28pm On Aug 18, 2022
dominique:
And America replied by bombing Hiroshima. Japan planned the attack to happen on a Sunday when the American soldiers were least prepared but the payback was brutal.

I still don't understand why the movie failed at the box office, it was a masterpiece. I watched it over five times and became a fan of Ben Affleck and Kate Beckinsale.
what movie?
Re: History: Attack On Pearl Harbour, U.S. VS Hiroshima And Nagasaki 1945. by dominique(f): 10:38pm On Aug 18, 2022
TheSourcerer:
what movie?

Pearl Harbour

1 Like

Re: History: Attack On Pearl Harbour, U.S. VS Hiroshima And Nagasaki 1945. by TheSourcerer: 10:39pm On Aug 18, 2022
dominique:

Pearl Harbour
how are you doing today though?
Re: History: Attack On Pearl Harbour, U.S. VS Hiroshima And Nagasaki 1945. by HITsquad: 7:47am On Aug 19, 2022
Zoharariel:

No! It wasn't a surprise military strike. It a was deliberate attack planned by Amerika just like they told Saddam Hussein “we have no position regarding Arab vs Arab conflict” when Saddam told them he was considering taking military action against kuwait to drive them out of the Rumalia oilfield.

Glaspie & John Kelley(Assistant Secretary of State) were both lying and giving Saddam the green light to attack Kuwait.

Read:

It wasn’t the first time a US President allowed bloodshed to provide a pretext for economically beneficial war, nor would it be the last. Bush’s “no response” to Saddam was reminiscent of the actions of FDR which led to the Japanese bombing of Pearl Harbor and US entry into WWII.

A 1940 Gallup poll showed 83% of Americans were against US involvement in the war (WW2).

The London banker crowd wanted US intervention to help cement the US/Britain “special relationship”, which serves as the neo-colonial paradigm of the day. FDR was himself a Wall Street insider. He only launched his populist New Deal to put a lid on revolutionary public anger caused by the Crash of 1929.

His uncle Frederic Delano was a member of the first Federal Reserve Board.

The 33rd Degree Mason and CFR insider needed a pretext to provide US troops for the defense of European monarchs, to which every Mason pledges his allegiance, wittingly or not.

CFR started the ball rolling by encouraging FDR to send aid to China and to squeeze Japanese trade via naval blockades.

FDR ordered the Pacific Fleet moved to vulnerable Pearl Harbor despite numerous intelligence reports of looming Japanese aggression and over the objections of Admiral James Richardson.

In 1932 and 1938 the Navy conducted exercises in the presence of Japanese military attachés, simulating the destruction of the Pacific Fleet at Pearl Harbor. Six Japanese aircraft carriers disappeared from radar after seen sailing towards the US.

US Army Chief of Staff George Marshall sent an ambiguous message to Pearl Harbor military commanders on November 27, 1941 that read,

“Hostile action possible at any moment. If hostilities cannot be avoided the US desires that Japan commit the first overt act.” [8]

Warnings came from,

FBI Director J. Edgar Hoover

US Ambassador to Japan Joseph Grew

Brigadier General Elliot Thorpe in Java

British and Dutch intelligence

On December 6th, US intelligence told Roosevelt that the Japanese carriers were 400 miles from Hawaii.

Still, Roosevelt left most of the Pacific Fleet in port. On the night of December 6th, George Marshall and Navy Secretary Frank Knox huddled at the White House with FDR.

Both later testified that they “did not recall their whereabouts”.

While battleships and destroyers remained at Pearl Harbor, the more strategic aircraft carriers were moved. Not one was in Pearl Harbor on December 7, 1941. FDR knew air power was the key to defeating Japan. The “surprise” Japanese attack went forward and 2,400 Americans paid for the FDR deception with their lives. Another 1,200 were injured.

The next day FDR addressed the nation and called for a declaration of war. Pearl Harbor ended US isolationism once and for all.

FDR stated his position in a trans-Atlantic telephone conversation with British Prime Minister and fellow 33rd Degree Freemason Winston Churchill, stating,

“A Japanese attack on us, which would result in war… would certainly fulfill two of the most important requirements of our policy… What I don’t know, can’t hurt me”. [9]

As Professor Stuart Crane put it,

“If you look back at every war in Europe you will see that they always ended up with the establishment of a balance of power. With every reshuffling there was a balance of power in a new grouping around the House of Rothschild in England, France or Austria.

Conclusion: Everything Amerika stands for is LIES, CHAOS, ANARCHY & BETRAYAL.
No need to talk too much bro... Your brain dey work.! As in Confam better oil dey inside your head.

Only a dumb ass would believe that a country with the most advanced and active intelligence in the world can be a victim of such a surprise attack! U.S na scam...

U. S initially wanted to be in 2nd world war but their citizens were heavily against it, so they did what they do best to sway citizens. Public Mind control, that's what they do best.

Not like a huge fan of Putin or the the East... But I don't like U. S cos they are not straight forward... And can't be trusted. I hate people using my brain.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: History: Attack On Pearl Harbour, U.S. VS Hiroshima And Nagasaki 1945. by mysticwarrior(m): 11:10am On Aug 19, 2022
HITsquad:
No need to talk too much bro... Your brain dey work.! As in Confam better oil dey inside your head.

Only a dumb ass would believe that a country with the most advanced and active intelligence in the world can be a victim of such a surprise attack! U.S na scam...

U. S initially wanted to be in 2nd world war but their citizens were heavily against it, so they did what they do best to sway citizens. Public Mind control, that's what they do best.

Not like a huge fan of Putin or the the East... But I don't like U. S cos they are not straight forward... And can't be trusted. I hate people using my brain.
hey don't forget September 11, 2001, the US may still be vulnerable to attack, they are humans afterall.
Re: History: Attack On Pearl Harbour, U.S. VS Hiroshima And Nagasaki 1945. by Exjoker(m): 1:22pm On Aug 19, 2022
HITsquad:

You mean the USA asked Japan to bomb pearl harbor, so that they will join the war and fight each other Or the attack was carried out by US airforce so that the will blame Japan Because this your logic is not making any sense....

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Cyril Ramaphosa: South Africa Leader Won't Resign, Says Spokesman / 34 Hostages Killed In Air Strike By Algerian Forces / Can A Police Officer In Uniform Arrest Another Armed Police Officer In Uniform?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.