Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,796 members, 7,820,794 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:46 PM

What Are The Duties Of A Best Man In A Marriage Ceremony? - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / What Are The Duties Of A Best Man In A Marriage Ceremony? (1056 Views)

Marriage Ceremony Gone Sour As Bride Is Found To Be HIV Positive / Lady Serves As Best Man At A Wedding Ceremony In Bayelsa State. Photos / Female 'Best Man' Steals The Show At Her Brother's Wedding In Akwa Ibom. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are The Duties Of A Best Man In A Marriage Ceremony? by Etizz: 8:37pm On Feb 27, 2016
It may sound strange but I have not really gone to church for a marriage ceremony, I do prefer reception though.

Right now, I have been called upon by a very good friend to be his best man I have accepted, suit has been prepared and the marriage is on the 6th of next month.

Furthermore, i have absolutely no idea what a best man does in a marriage ceremony, in other words, I don't want to F-up oh, so I would need you guys help on d major and minor duties of a best man...

Thanks.
Re: What Are The Duties Of A Best Man In A Marriage Ceremony? by Udochee(m): 8:42pm On Feb 27, 2016
i think basically if the groom wants to pass an urgent message across in the course of the reception he delegates the bestman,the bestman also helps to keep the groom coordinated(from adjusting his suit,tie,cleaning his sweat)..a few i know
Re: What Are The Duties Of A Best Man In A Marriage Ceremony? by Nobody: 8:47pm On Feb 27, 2016
Simple.....
Just stand at his back dey follow him up and down.... When he stands, you stand. When he sits you sit..... Anything he does you do but not with his wife o....

And after all you'll be a witness to the marriage by signing their certificate alongside with their families(fathers and mothers)....
Re: What Are The Duties Of A Best Man In A Marriage Ceremony? by Nobody: 9:13pm On Feb 27, 2016
To be eyeing the chief bridesmaid grin grin
Re: What Are The Duties Of A Best Man In A Marriage Ceremony? by Etizz: 10:01pm On Feb 27, 2016
Udochee:
i think basically if the groom wants to pass an urgent message across in the course of the reception he delegates the bestman,the bestman also helps to keep the groom coordinated(from adjusting his suit,tie,cleaning his sweat)..a few i know

I so appreciate, so apparently, I am a P.A to the groom right?
Re: What Are The Duties Of A Best Man In A Marriage Ceremony? by Etizz: 10:03pm On Feb 27, 2016
Alejhandro:
To be eyeing the chief bridesmaid grin grin

Fear nor let me use u as a best man,.... Lol
Re: What Are The Duties Of A Best Man In A Marriage Ceremony? by Etizz: 10:05pm On Feb 27, 2016
airmirthd1:
Simple.....
Just stand at his back dey follow him up and down.... When he stands, you stand. When he sits you sit..... Anything he does you do but not with his wife o....

And after all you'll be a witness to the marriage by signing their certificate alongside with their families(fathers and mothers)....

Witness?

Really??

Not bad though..... Thanks deary
Re: What Are The Duties Of A Best Man In A Marriage Ceremony? by Flexherbal(m): 3:06am On Feb 28, 2016
Udochee:
you are right.

(1) (Reply)

Beautiful Nigerian Lawyer Marries Her Soldier Bae After Years Of Dating (photos) / Diamond Bank Staff Wear School Uniforms To Mark Children's Day (see Photos) / 26 Jan Gantantra Diwas Anchoring Script In Hindi English

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.