Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,614 members, 7,955,260 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 08:52 PM

OAP Freeze Questions Jumoke's Rise To Fame In A Thought-provoking IG Post - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / OAP Freeze Questions Jumoke's Rise To Fame In A Thought-provoking IG Post (779 Views)

Denrele's Younger Sister, Jumoke Edun Is Beautiful / Jumoke Orisaguna, Ex-Breadseller Reunites With Her Husband (photos) / TY Bello And Jumoke "The Agege Bread Seller" Take Selfie Together (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

OAP Freeze Questions Jumoke's Rise To Fame In A Thought-provoking IG Post by temitemi1(m): 9:27pm On Feb 27, 2016
CoolFM OAP Freeze just shared this on his IG page and he's asking why  Mr. Ayodele Daniel Dada, the first Nigerian to finish university with a perfect CGPA of 5.0, is not getting the same rise to fame as former bread seller turned model, Olajumoke Orisaguna.

Read and tell us if you agree with Freeze.

'POVERTY MENTALITY'
When are Nigerians going to celebrate real achievements? 

On the left is Mr. Ayodele Daniel Dada the first Nigerian to finish university with a perfect CGPA of 5.0 and on the left is Mrs. Olajumoke Orisaguna a 'former' bread seller. 
Before Ayodele, no one had 'EVER' finished with a perfect CGPA in UNILAG!!! Since it was established in 1962, he made history by becoming the first to achieve such a commendable feat! 
Now, so many questions come to mind. How come my dear friend Kunbi of 'April with Kunbi' hasn't styled him or recommended him for styling? How come CNN hasn't done a story on him? How come his life isn't documented on blogs daily? How come he isn't a brand ambassador for any product? 
The questions are ceaseless. 
Ciara put up a post of an equally beautiful traffic hawker selling some type of fruit yesterday and she was described, in Ciara's own words as 'beautiful and talented'. If these two 'hawker beauties' were discovered less than 2 months apart, it means that beautiful girls that hawk commodities aren't in short supply in Lagos. 
While people who finish with with a 5.0 CGPA are almost non existent! It took 54 years to produce the first one! 
While Olajumoke and this other lady are rough stones that could be polished to achieve a lustrous shine, Ayodele is a true jewel, a rare yellow diamond in its truest and purest form. 
Let's not let our 'poverty mentality', that makes things of lesser importance seem valuable, cloud our judgement. I have no objection to polishing stones to bring out their shine, but please let's not do it at the expense of gems of inestimable value! 
The outcome of our future depends largely on 'what' or 'whom' we invest in. If Japan, Switzerland or America invested their time and money in pretty bread sellers, we won't have the brains behind their automotive, aeronautic, horological or financial achievements today. 
I'm not saying we shouldn't celebrate Olajumoke o! Before people call me a hater but like hell we must celebrate Ayodele first! Just my thought on a Saturday evening~FRZ

http://www.lailasblog.com/2016/02/oap-freeze-questions-jumokes-rise-to.html?utm_source=&utm_medium=facebook&m=1

Re: OAP Freeze Questions Jumoke's Rise To Fame In A Thought-provoking IG Post by TippyTop(m): 9:31pm On Feb 27, 2016
Tired of this olajumoke story, e don do Haba.
Re: OAP Freeze Questions Jumoke's Rise To Fame In A Thought-provoking IG Post by CEtoO(f): 9:33pm On Feb 27, 2016
I share his thoughts
Re: OAP Freeze Questions Jumoke's Rise To Fame In A Thought-provoking IG Post by Nobody: 9:35pm On Feb 27, 2016
see kemi olunloyo husband...... he dey ask me na who I go ask
Re: OAP Freeze Questions Jumoke's Rise To Fame In A Thought-provoking IG Post by anathemiamia(f): 9:38pm On Feb 27, 2016
abeg what qualification does one need to become a loud mouthed shitforbrains OAP?

who is he here criticizing now? Jumoke for being in the right place at the right time? TY for increasing interest in her brand for doing something different or the other people investing in TYs smart idea?

Leave Jumokes' story alone and focus on companies that won't touch lower grade graduates. why can't they help him. or of what use will his 1st class be to TYs market? There's several of them in Nigeria. what does the 1st class guys misfortune have to do with Jummys shine?
In the economy we need both the smart alecks and the entertainment and one doesn't necessarily have anything to do with the other. appeal to McKinsey, pwc and whatever research company your perfect Nigeria has and leave Jumoke alone

1 Like

Re: OAP Freeze Questions Jumoke's Rise To Fame In A Thought-provoking IG Post by Aufbauh(m): 9:38pm On Feb 27, 2016
Mr Freeze the difference is in the message.
While education for the likes of Mr Ayodele is for the privilege few, the less privileged like Mrs Olajumokes should be encourage and given hope.
The publicity around Olajumoke is geared towards given the less privileged hope of an untold fame.
Nigeria have a different socio-cultural value system to the country he mentioned.
Re: OAP Freeze Questions Jumoke's Rise To Fame In A Thought-provoking IG Post by McCarlito(m): 9:38pm On Feb 27, 2016
In Nigeria great talents and true potentials don't make it to the headlines...
Crazy stuffs are raves...

WELCOME TO NIGERIA

1 Like

Re: OAP Freeze Questions Jumoke's Rise To Fame In A Thought-provoking IG Post by Captain1Nigeria(m): 9:39pm On Feb 27, 2016
everything na turn by turn
Re: OAP Freeze Questions Jumoke's Rise To Fame In A Thought-provoking IG Post by 9ja4show: 9:43pm On Feb 27, 2016
I just pray the new life she's exposed to doesn't make her leave her husband because there are alot of home wreckers in this line of business "modelling " and hope it doesn't overwhelms her sha
Re: OAP Freeze Questions Jumoke's Rise To Fame In A Thought-provoking IG Post by misspicy(f): 9:52pm On Feb 27, 2016
He should go and hang himself undecided

Talk is cheap Mr Freeze or whatever you are called,If some set of Nigerians are helping a 'former bread seller' make it in life,what stops you from helping an intelligent man with a CGPA of 5.0 achieve his dreams,instead of social media rants and attention seeking,you surely got the connections like TY Bello who helped the 'bread seller', why can't you do same for the intelligent man.

I have come to realise that the problem with most Nigerians is that they criticise any good deeds someone does yet they will not lift a finger to do same. you want change,be part of the change... undecided
Re: OAP Freeze Questions Jumoke's Rise To Fame In A Thought-provoking IG Post by goldbim(f): 9:54pm On Feb 27, 2016
This man is blabbing too much,recently!.he's a celebrity too na??why can't he set the pace by celebrating MR Dada or help him with a good job?*alabosia* undecided lipsrsealed

(1) (Reply)

0 See How Korede Bello Celebrated His 20th Birthday (photos) / Singer Kcee Steps Out In Green Traditional Outfit (photo) / See Epic Reply Femi Kuti Gave His Neighbour After He Calls Him Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.