Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,441 members, 7,819,633 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:36 PM

Things You Might Want To Know About Nuclear Weapons (Photos) - Science/Technology (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Things You Might Want To Know About Nuclear Weapons (Photos) (17936 Views)

Most Insane Nuclear Weapons / Military Engineering: Top 10 Most Expensive And Advanced Weapons Ever Built. / Nuclear Weapons: 20 Facts You Should Know. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Things You Might Want To Know About Nuclear Weapons (Photos) by Nobody: 9:44am On Mar 04, 2016
kunlesufyan:
Funny how humans will settle down and spend millions on devices that would take lives in multiple folds..to even think someone tot of blowing up the moon shocked..wetin moon do you?
i wonder o
Re: Things You Might Want To Know About Nuclear Weapons (Photos) by monkvirus(m): 1:47pm On Mar 04, 2016
Explorers:

Lol...Stones and sticks, ive heard that before. But do you think there wil be survivors if US, Russia, North Korea, and Some Arab nations should launch their nuclear warheads? I learnt that apart from the instant blast of just one of these weapons, it's radiation will kill millions in weeks, natural disasters like earthquake, tsunami will also be triggered. Don't forget these powerful Nations are just exposing the tip of the iceberg to the world when it comes to weapons advancement, most especially the US. So i believe the weapons they have in their possession are deadlier than we think.

actually Albert Einstein made dat quote before he died.
If by chance there would be a 3ww, i just pray it would be after i av left this earth because apart from the instant destruction of lives and property, 80%(if i'm not understating) of the world would be immediately turned into nuclear waste land where no life can survive at all.
Re: Things You Might Want To Know About Nuclear Weapons (Photos) by Ralphdan(m): 3:35pm On Mar 04, 2016
US bad grin
Re: Things You Might Want To Know About Nuclear Weapons (Photos) by vivaciousvivi(f): 5:22pm On Mar 06, 2016
herald9:

There's too much power in the hands of man shocked and man can't be rational all the time.

What if these Muslim radicals lay hands on these weapons... shocked
Hence the hullabaloo created by the British and Americans when they
Alleged that Sadaam had one or two such weapons hidden in underground labs. Today, some claim the Saudis have developed one, others say Lebanon. Scary thoughts, very scary thoughts lipsrsealed

Explorers:
In over 2000+ nuclear test detonations, only one has an unknown nationality. No nation has taken credit for detonation of a 3 kiloton bomb in the Indian Ocean in 1979.
Indian Ocean, 1979? I smell North Korea. At the time, Kim Jong's pops would want to remain low and not openly declare that they have such in their possession. The silence would also increase the fear and send a their non verbal message to their regional arch rival - South Korea
Re: Things You Might Want To Know About Nuclear Weapons (Photos) by Feraz(m): 8:23pm On Mar 07, 2016
I expected to see the Tsar bomb there. I wonder what the Russians were thinking creating such.

Keep it up Explorers!

monkvirus:

actually Albert Einstein made dat quote before he died.
If by chance there would be a 3ww, i just pray it would be after i av left this earth because apart from the instant destruction of lives and property, 80%(if i'm not understating) of the world would be immediately turned into nuclear waste land where no life can survive at all.
Don't you think some of these countries manufacturing such have some sort of an enclosed space which is protective, say, a bunker?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things You Might Want To Know About Nuclear Weapons (Photos) by monkvirus(m): 10:41am On Mar 09, 2016
Feraz:
I expected to see the Tsar bomb there. I wonder what the Russians were thinking creating such.

Keep it up Explorers!

Don't you think some of these countries manufacturing such have some sort of an enclosed space which is protective, say, a bunker?

of course they would have as a preventive measure, but lets not be deceived, some unclear bombs are specifically designed to destroy the best and strongest of bunker. Moreover how long will they hide in their bunkers in event of a nuclear war
Re: Things You Might Want To Know About Nuclear Weapons (Photos) by MrOlai: 8:46pm On Apr 17, 2016
Hmmm!
Re: Things You Might Want To Know About Nuclear Weapons (Photos) by HCpaul(m): 12:48am On Apr 18, 2016
Please I will like you to create a thread on Alien technology like the UFO (Unidentified flying objects).

Will be highly indebted if you will do it.

Best regards.

1 Like

Re: Things You Might Want To Know About Nuclear Weapons (Photos) by Dysomnipotent: 2:10pm On Apr 30, 2016
HapyOne:

Yeah, have read that book before.
Their is actually work on developing anti-matter particles at all these particles accelerators, but cost and technology is not their.
The Zero inhabitable thing is possible, because if matter mix with anti-matter nothing is left for example +2 -2 = 0
Some people believe that's what is happening at Bermuda Triangle, that there are some elements of anti matter there.

It will be a total destruction if such weapon is created. KO

Anti-matter is a theory,is unstable and cannot be controlled. Anyone planning to weaponize it is highly foolish

1 Like

Re: Things You Might Want To Know About Nuclear Weapons (Photos) by Nobody: 7:03pm On May 01, 2016
aolumaxi:
guess u play call of duty too. saw that quote so well there
Seems like wat he is saying is dat after all d d nuclear bombing ww3 .....wiping all 80% of human ....human would have to got back to the age of living in caves all dos old times since every thing has been destroyed from the nuclear war .....and there would be any ww4 it would be fought with stick and stone .....

Am nt sure but mayb dis is wat he meabt
Re: Things You Might Want To Know About Nuclear Weapons (Photos) by aolumaxi(m): 7:16pm On May 01, 2016
eemmbbee:

Seems like wat he is saying is dat after all d d nuclear bombing ww3 .....wiping all 80% of human ....human would have to got back to the age of living in caves all dos old times since every thing has been destroyed from the nuclear war .....and there would be any ww4 it would be fought with stick and stone .....

Am nt sure but mayb dis is wat he meabt
yeah, I know bro.... got to learn of the quote while playing 'call of duty series'.... #cheers... should ww3 break up, #God_help_us
Re: Things You Might Want To Know About Nuclear Weapons (Photos) by Explorers(m): 6:16am On Oct 30, 2016
In 1961, the most powerful nuclear weapon ever built by man was detonated at Sukhoy Nos Peninsula, Russia. It was called the Tsar Bomba and its shock waves travelled the earth three times.

The Tsar Bomba was built in a mere 15 weeks. The mushroom cloud that formed was 168 times taller than the Empire State Building and its power output was equivalent to 1.4% of the Sun’s.

The heat from the explosion could have caused third-degree burns 100 kilometers away. It was so powerful, in fact, that it broke windows in Norway and Finland.

cc: lalasticlala

1 Share

Re: Things You Might Want To Know About Nuclear Weapons (Photos) by Nobody: 1:19pm On Oct 30, 2016
If WW3 is to take place, that means the end of the world becomes inevitable. Billions of lives will be lost, 98% of world properties will be destroyed and the chances of survivors to remain survivors will be 0.50% because the earth won't be able to retain or exhibit life again for a long period of time. Perhaps, the detonators themselves will also die by their own making and the world, lying as an empty space. If perhaps, few humans were lucky enough to survive such war, then Albert Einstein quotes comes to play: WW4 will be fought with stones and stick cause mankind will start all over in their quest for civilization.
That's just my assumption..
Re: Things You Might Want To Know About Nuclear Weapons (Photos) by Gofwane(m): 8:49pm On Nov 01, 2016
jayrock:
grin grin grin grin grin
and Nigeria my country have Nuclear Corruption that can wipe the entire human race.
lol... Sad but true. I remember a news headline i once saw where Nigeria was issuing out warning to japan grin i was like... Wtf!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things You Might Want To Know About Nuclear Weapons (Photos) by Explorers(m): 4:26am On Nov 16, 2016
HenryDion:
If WW3 is to take place, that means the end of the world becomes inevitable. Billions of lives will be lost, 98% of world properties will be destroyed and the chances of survivors to remain survivors will be 0.50% because the earth won't be able to retain or exhibit life again for a long period of time. Perhaps, the detonators themselves will also die by their own making and the world, lying as an empty space. If perhaps, few humans were lucky enough to survive such war, then Albert Einstein quotes comes to play: WW4 will be fought with stones and stick cause mankind will start all over in their quest for civilization.
That's just my assumption..

And the war will end in days or even hours.
Re: Things You Might Want To Know About Nuclear Weapons (Photos) by Nobody: 5:54am On Nov 16, 2016
Explorers:

And the war will end in days or even hours.
Yea bro.. it will be a matter of hours or days.
Re: Things You Might Want To Know About Nuclear Weapons (Photos) by Explorers(m): 12:29pm On Feb 02, 2017
If a nuclear war broke out it would create a winter cooler than ice age Scientists estimate that a nuclear war would create 150 million tons of smoke to create a massive cloud in the atmosphere blocking the sunlight.

After such a war like that, the earth could be non-habitable not only from the radiation but from the winter and the lack of sunlight which we depend on to grow our crops.

Some scientists also say that it could return life on earth back to microscopic levels.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Things You Might Want To Know About Nuclear Weapons (Photos) by Alexpetra: 1:56pm On Mar 26, 2020
goldfish80:
Sub Sahara Africa would be largely safe from any nuclear war between Russia and USA or India vs Pakistan or North Korea vs South Korea. Africa will be the Eldorado after they nuke themselves.
what if the wrong coordinates is sent and the bomb land in Africa?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Choosing Best Deep Cycle Batteries For Your Solar And Inverter System / 7 Surefire Ways Social Media Can Ruin Your Life / Big, Shiny Asteroid To Fly (safely) Past Earth On April 19

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.