Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,771 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:55 AM

7 Surefire Ways Social Media Can Ruin Your Life - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / 7 Surefire Ways Social Media Can Ruin Your Life (17958 Views)

See 7 Shocking Ways Social Media Can Ruin Your Life | No. 5 Is Important / 5 Interesting Ways Social Media Has Changed How You Celebrate Christmas / 8 Surefire Ways To Protect Your Online Passwords (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Surefire Ways Social Media Can Ruin Your Life by Opinionated: 12:25pm On Jul 17, 2017
Social media has become a part of our daily life and many of us cannot do without it. What you don’t know is that your addiction to social media is affecting your lives negatively. Read on to know how social media can ruin your life. Jumia travel, the leading online travel agency, urge you to perhaps cut down on the hours you spend on social twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.

Overthinking emoticons

Some persons while interacting or chatting with someone, and they share an emoticon; they begin to give all sorts of meanings and interpretations to it. It is funny that Just because of an emoticon, they get themselves all worked up and worried. Why? It is just an emoticon.

Checking/updating every second

You have become so attached to Facebook, Instagram and Snapchat that you are checking and updating them every second. The day you don’t access your accounts because you don’t have data, you become hysterical and irrational. It is not a matter of life and death.

Bragging about likes, followers and comments

The number of likes, followers and comments you have has become a thing to brag about and show off. The rule is that the more followers you have, the more traction and engagement you get. True, you do not have to boast about it. Some people go as far as buying likes, followers and even comments.

Posting without thinking

Many of us have converted social media to an abuse platform. A place where we criticize and troll people. As a result, more and more people are in trouble because of what they shared and said on social media. Presently, a popular US based Nigerian journalist Kemi Olunloyo is being charged to court because of the content she shared on social media. Always, think before you share.

Making up just because you want to share pix on Instagram

This is peculiar with girls. They do not have anywhere to go but they dress up, apply makeup and take beautiful pictures just to post on Instagram or Facebook. It is ridiculous.

Staying Up Late

We all do this. We spend hours flying from one social media platform to another. Meanwhile, we are very sleepy but we still continue browsing. Surprisingly, they sleep off while on twitter or WhatsApp. Hence, many of us don’t get enough sleep because of social media.

Seeking social media validation

Seeking social media validation can lead to depression. This is because you wait for others to give you approval for your life activities. If you don’t get the desired response, you become depressed. You should stop seeking social media validation and live your life.

source: http://www.opinions.ng/7-surefire-ways-social-media-can-ruin-life/

cc: lalasticlala mynd44

23 Likes

Re: 7 Surefire Ways Social Media Can Ruin Your Life by veekid(m): 1:05pm On Jul 17, 2017
Another social media lies
Re: 7 Surefire Ways Social Media Can Ruin Your Life by holatin(m): 1:06pm On Jul 17, 2017
it can make you develop inferiority complex,

dats bisi, shade, kola, eze, chindinma, adaeze you see with new cloth, new rides on instagram don't really have that.
all na borrow pose.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Surefire Ways Social Media Can Ruin Your Life by Kennitrust(m): 1:06pm On Jul 17, 2017
end
Re: 7 Surefire Ways Social Media Can Ruin Your Life by adewumiopeyemi(m): 1:06pm On Jul 17, 2017
..Ok.. I dedicate this space to a seun osewa..happy birthday to u Long life and prosperity. grin cheesy cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 7 Surefire Ways Social Media Can Ruin Your Life by bbbabes(f): 1:06pm On Jul 17, 2017
That don't mean ones life is ruined..
You know how many people have made it with the help of the social media...I met all my clients on the internet.

1 Like

Re: 7 Surefire Ways Social Media Can Ruin Your Life by esandom(m): 1:07pm On Jul 17, 2017
Okooo
Re: 7 Surefire Ways Social Media Can Ruin Your Life by Zdoh(m): 1:07pm On Jul 17, 2017
For real
Re: 7 Surefire Ways Social Media Can Ruin Your Life by Nobody: 1:07pm On Jul 17, 2017
Ironically, this advice is being shared via social media...

9 Likes

Re: 7 Surefire Ways Social Media Can Ruin Your Life by EmekaBlue(m): 1:07pm On Jul 17, 2017
Hiss*
Re: 7 Surefire Ways Social Media Can Ruin Your Life by jjjjj2017: 1:07pm On Jul 17, 2017
Re: 7 Surefire Ways Social Media Can Ruin Your Life by ekems2017(f): 1:08pm On Jul 17, 2017
You only be what you want to be. Social media cannot control me. I put it under my feet and use it anytime I want to.

1 Like

Re: 7 Surefire Ways Social Media Can Ruin Your Life by emmabest2000(m): 1:08pm On Jul 17, 2017
bbbabes:
That don't mean ones life is ruined..
You know how many people have made it with the help of the social media...I met all my clients on the internet.

ADJUSTMENT IS ALWAYS ALLOWABLE ....

WOMAN TO DENTIST ... It's so painful , i will prefer to get pregnant than getting my cavity fiilled .

DENTIST .... Make a decision asap , i will adjust the chair accordingly .... grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Surefire Ways Social Media Can Ruin Your Life by MrMoney007: 1:08pm On Jul 17, 2017
nursery school advice.

anybody that falls victims to those garbages was already ruined before their Baale milk fertilized their Maale egg. grin

1 Like

Re: 7 Surefire Ways Social Media Can Ruin Your Life by bukjossy(m): 1:09pm On Jul 17, 2017
Hmmm
Re: 7 Surefire Ways Social Media Can Ruin Your Life by MadCow1: 1:09pm On Jul 17, 2017
Opinionated:

Social media has become a part of our daily life and many of us cannot do without it. What you don’t know is that your addiction to social media is affecting your lives negatively. Read on to know how social media can ruin your life. Jumia travel, the leading online travel agency, urge you to perhaps cut down on the hours you spend on social twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.

Overthinking emoticons

Some persons while interacting or chatting with someone, and they share an emoticon; they begin to give all sorts of meanings and interpretations to it. It is funny that Just because of an emoticon, they get themselves all worked up and worried. Why? It is just an emoticon.

You have become so attached to Facebook, Instagram and Snapchat that you are checking and updating them every second. The day you don’t access your accounts because you don’t have data, you become hysterical and irrational. It is not a matter of life and death.

The number of likes, followers and comments you have has become a thing to brag about and show off. The rule is that the more followers you have, the more traction and engagement you get. True, you do not have to boast about it. Some people go as far as buying likes, followers and even comments.

Posting without thinking

Many of us have converted social media to an abuse platform. A place where we criticize and troll people. As a result, more and more people are in trouble because of what they shared and said on social media. Presently, a popular US based Nigerian journalist Kemi Olunloyo is being charged to court because of the content she shared on social media. Always, think before you share.

This is peculiar with girls. They do not have anywhere to go but they dress up, apply makeup and take beautiful pictures just to post on Instagram or Facebook. It is ridiculous.

Staying Up Late

We all do this. We spend hours flying from one social media platform to another. Meanwhile, we are very sleepy but we still continue browsing. Surprisingly, they sleep off while on twitter or WhatsApp. Hence, many of us don’t get enough sleep because of social media.

Seeking social media validation can lead to depression. This is because you wait for others to give you approval for your life activities. If you don’t get the desired response, you become depressed. You should stop seeking social media validation and live your life.

Seeking Validation on Social Media is the worst of all..

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 7 Surefire Ways Social Media Can Ruin Your Life by freebreezeyz(m): 1:09pm On Jul 17, 2017
OP Uar so on point!!! Biko tell them!!! Mbok!!
Re: 7 Surefire Ways Social Media Can Ruin Your Life by DaeDae88(f): 1:09pm On Jul 17, 2017
Lies pon lies
Re: 7 Surefire Ways Social Media Can Ruin Your Life by centoke30(m): 1:09pm On Jul 17, 2017
wetin concern me
Re: 7 Surefire Ways Social Media Can Ruin Your Life by seunny4lif(m): 1:09pm On Jul 17, 2017
Esp Nairaland
Run to FP on Nairaland like now
Joining gang on Nairaland like
NANC
E-Warriors
Anti - Change grin grin
Pro Change (One chance grin grin)
Etc

Re: 7 Surefire Ways Social Media Can Ruin Your Life by Emekus92(m): 1:09pm On Jul 17, 2017
I have not seen any1 complain abt such.
Re: 7 Surefire Ways Social Media Can Ruin Your Life by morereb10: 1:09pm On Jul 17, 2017
ok
Re: 7 Surefire Ways Social Media Can Ruin Your Life by Nobody: 1:10pm On Jul 17, 2017
U forgot waste of valuable time

3 Likes

Re: 7 Surefire Ways Social Media Can Ruin Your Life by apeiron24(m): 1:11pm On Jul 17, 2017
i love this meeeeen... Its true o... some people are just addicted

1 Like

Re: 7 Surefire Ways Social Media Can Ruin Your Life by Divay22(f): 1:11pm On Jul 17, 2017
grin grin grin grin cheesy
Lemme only smile...
Those who have the power to control their time, can then only control their life...
Re: 7 Surefire Ways Social Media Can Ruin Your Life by Nobody: 1:11pm On Jul 17, 2017
Ruined for taking pictures,you dont mean it! shocked

1 Like

Re: 7 Surefire Ways Social Media Can Ruin Your Life by fait10(m): 1:13pm On Jul 17, 2017
centoke30:
wetin concern me

Re: 7 Surefire Ways Social Media Can Ruin Your Life by sleekman(m): 1:14pm On Jul 17, 2017
Opinionated:

Overthinking emoticons

Posting without thinking

Staying Up Late

Hey Op are u indirectly trying to advice @therealdonaldtrump ? Cos he's not listening. He's broken at least half these rules and he's by no means ruined? So u see no one size fits all. Some people can grasp a page in secs some in days.
Re: 7 Surefire Ways Social Media Can Ruin Your Life by Ezionye(f): 1:14pm On Jul 17, 2017
First point is the least relevant while d last point is d most.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Www.facebook.com | Sign Up ,create New Facebook Account Free / Big, Shiny Asteroid To Fly (safely) Past Earth On April 19 / How I Built My Rc Helicopter At Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.