Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,736 members, 7,851,535 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 09:49 PM

Why I Support Buhari For Not Agreeing To Pay The 500 Monthly Payments - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Support Buhari For Not Agreeing To Pay The 500 Monthly Payments (665 Views)

Lai Mohammed Replies US For Not Agreeing That IPOB Was A Terrorist Group / I Support Wike And PDP In New York - Man (Photo) / Why I Won’t Support Buhari’s War Against Corruption – Wike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Support Buhari For Not Agreeing To Pay The 500 Monthly Payments by mrvitalis(m): 6:27am On Feb 28, 2016
First of all I supported Buhari in the last election and I am not in anyway happy that he will not fulfill all his election promises.
Well as a person there has been some of his promises that's I found to be foolish as of then and this 5000 for 25 million Nigerians is top of that list.
When u think of what this money can actually do.... Then putting it in this consuming venture should be the least thing we should do.
Buhari must as a matter of fact show us the alternative to that plan.... That's money can actually benefit 25 Million Nigerian and that's the truth and here is a few suggestions
1) esterblish a public company that's would run with the NLNG model ( government own 60% but is run by the private sector) whose main aim would be to farm the foods we currently import
2) provide 1 million hecters of irrigated lands for wheat farming across the states where wheat can grow
3) provide 1 million hecters for rice farming across the 36 states.. . This will kill and reason to import rice
4) meet Nigeria indeginus ship builders to build fishing ships so we can take advantage of both our large costal line and the international eaters too... After this and fish we don't catch we don't eat
750bn is more than enough to implement this and this would create millions of permanent jobs and generate more revenue for the government.
... .. .. This is my own common sense... ....
Re: Why I Support Buhari For Not Agreeing To Pay The 500 Monthly Payments by Trut(m): 6:32am On Feb 28, 2016
Only zombies were expecting the 5k promise.
Re: Why I Support Buhari For Not Agreeing To Pay The 500 Monthly Payments by trendphemmy(m): 6:52am On Feb 28, 2016
Trut:
Only zombies were expecting the 5k promise.

only zombies without integrity will make promises dey can't keep

2 Likes

Re: Why I Support Buhari For Not Agreeing To Pay The 500 Monthly Payments by Nobody: 7:01am On Feb 28, 2016
Those promises were made at $100 dollar oil. Not realistic at $30 dollar oil. Leadership must evaluate its decisions at every moments.
Kudos PMB.

Yes it is a failed promise. But it is better to made d right decision even though it may lead to failed promises.

This post is not to defend PMB. This post is to support him for making the right decision. I never agree to the 5000 naira stipend to unemployed graduate. It would have be a waste. But 5000 naira for the most vunerable 1million nigerians (Mostly widows and physically challenge) is welcome if we can fund it. 5k to unemployed graduate is a no no no.

PMB did not deny the promise was made despite the fact that he never personally made d promise. He is only saying on his scale of preference, that is not among top priority.

PMB is a firm and sincere leader. He speak his mind straight up.

No president in the world including United State of America, have ever succeeded in fulfilling all campaign promises.

At every point in time, a leader must evaluate what he consider most important to d nation and make a bold decision. Leadership is dynamic

It is better to be criticise for not achieving a campaign promise than implementing a promise that is unrealistic just to save face.

Even if it means losing the next election,or losing popularity, a leader must put the country first.

The funny thing is dat those wailers who never supported the idea, who said it will promote laziness, will still be the one to condemn and criticise him for not prioritising it instead of commending him for doing d needful
Re: Why I Support Buhari For Not Agreeing To Pay The 500 Monthly Payments by chriskosherbal(m): 7:36am On Feb 28, 2016
Lets continue to watch his administration for the now.
Re: Why I Support Buhari For Not Agreeing To Pay The 500 Monthly Payments by Adindupeter: 8:12am On Feb 28, 2016
Why am I not surprised??.. From a promise of change to change of promise...

(1) (Reply)

We Will Not Spend Over 110 Days In A Year Globetrotting - Buhari (throwback Pic) / Buhari Confirms Over 500 People Killed In Benue State Herdsmen Attack Read More / Again !!! Another 14-yr-old Benue Girl Abducted In Sokoto

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.