Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,548 members, 7,837,099 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:52 PM

To Tithe Or Not To Tithe: The Whole Truth From The Bible. - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / To Tithe Or Not To Tithe: The Whole Truth From The Bible. (64222 Views)

Daddy Freeze To Pastor Adeboye: "Pope Drinks Beer And Doesn't Pay Tithe" / Why I Would Forever Continue To Tithe - My Personal Experience. / Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: To Tithe Or Not To Tithe: The Whole Truth From The Bible. by Nobody: 2:36pm On Mar 06, 2016
WiseBully:

I know you have a thousand and one pliable followers with itching ears who relish undermining Scriptural principles, daily urged on by persuasive scholarly presentations like yours. Bravo! How ridiculously callow and pedestrian that you had to quickly cite the Rev. King notoriety example simply to gain more deviant Christian followers! cheesy cheesy Shush!!! You are very free to eat your tithe since your life wholly depends on it. undecided undecided
YOUNG MAN, do I owe you my tithe?
Listen up, the wise ones have listened, the proud of heart will not!
If this thread doesn't agree with you keep off!
Re: To Tithe Or Not To Tithe: The Whole Truth From The Bible. by fairheven: 2:37pm On Mar 06, 2016
U
Chukzyfcb:

Hey Mr. I'll like to repeat what pastor chris said in his rhaposdy of realites. He says although there could be miracle in growth BUT GROWTH IN ITSELF IS NOT A MIRACLE! YES! This is why you can see people that don't know God excel financially. Growth is the APPLICATION of REVEALED Principles and means. Once You apply these means, Growth would come. Even the bible says in Matthew 5:45 for He makes His SUN RISE on the EVIL and on the GOOD, and sends RAIN on the JUST and on the UNJUST.

Please don't tell me what your pastor said on rhapsody whatever, instead tell me what God said in the Bible.. Then we can reason
Re: To Tithe Or Not To Tithe: The Whole Truth From The Bible. by Nobody: 2:39pm On Mar 06, 2016
fairheven:

And please mind your language
Yeah, the same way you mind yours!
Re: To Tithe Or Not To Tithe: The Whole Truth From The Bible. by Nobody: 2:42pm On Mar 06, 2016
fairheven:
Ki

As to whether Bill Gates pays tithe?

Go and read up about bill Gates before mentioning him.
The very title that bill Gates gives his operating system,"windows" are a product of tithing.

It's a fulfilment of God's Word in malachi that he would open the "windows" of heaven to pore out blessings and bill Gates payed tithes and believed God and God fulfilled his promise. That is the result of all the "windows" 95, window 97 and so on.

Maybe we should ask you if paying tithe is a sin.?
'
Maybe you should start by telling us the church Mr. Gates attends.
Funny.
Mind you, a word like "doors" also exists in the computing language.
So windows ain't connected to tithe.
I'm afraid it's a mere computing language.
Re: To Tithe Or Not To Tithe: The Whole Truth From The Bible. by Nobody: 2:46pm On Mar 06, 2016
JSayin:

Ignorant Ignoramus
whatever! grin
Re: To Tithe Or Not To Tithe: The Whole Truth From The Bible. by fairheven: 2:47pm On Mar 06, 2016
LEGALAide:

Yeah, the same way you mind yours!

I have nothing to mind.

You have been insulting people at will all in the name of tithing what not.. That is totally out of order
Re: To Tithe Or Not To Tithe: The Whole Truth From The Bible. by fairheven: 2:49pm On Mar 06, 2016
H
LEGALAide:

Maybe you should start by telling us the church Mr. Gates attends.
Funny.
Mind you, a word like "doors" also exists in the computing language.
So windows ain't connected to tithe.
I'm afraid it's a mere computing language.

If I tell you the church, would you believe, would that clear your anti-tithe mindset?
Re: To Tithe Or Not To Tithe: The Whole Truth From The Bible. by Nobody: 2:51pm On Mar 06, 2016
fairheven:
H

If I tell you the church, would you believe, would that clear your anti-tithe mindset?
don't be afraid.
Let's hear you first.
Then we'll decide it by proving further!
Re: To Tithe Or Not To Tithe: The Whole Truth From The Bible. by Nobody: 2:52pm On Mar 06, 2016
fairheven:

I have nothing to mind.

You have been insulting people at will all in the name of tithing what not.. That is totally out of order
.grin
Just don't forget to visit my signature o.
Re: To Tithe Or Not To Tithe: The Whole Truth From The Bible. by Nobody: 2:56pm On Mar 06, 2016
flamingREED:
just when will your atheism set you free from sin?
same question a mental patient asked me yesterday.
Re: To Tithe Or Not To Tithe: The Whole Truth From The Bible. by Chukzyfcb(m): 3:11pm On Mar 06, 2016
fairheven:
U

Please don't tell me what your pastor said on rhapsody whatever, instead tell me what God said in the Bible.. Then we can reason
I don't attend christ embassy. Rhapsody is a book they share everynow & then. And its worthy to learn from other pple because no man is an island. I even quoted matthew 5 vs 45 to buttress my point but you ignored it. Its obvious I hit you hard with those facts and got you mute!
Re: To Tithe Or Not To Tithe: The Whole Truth From The Bible. by Nobody: 3:14pm On Mar 06, 2016
LEGALAide:

YOUNG MAN, do I owe you my tithe?
Listen up, the wise ones have listened, the proud of heart will not!
If this thread doesn't agree with you keep off!

Old man, bundle of fury, why do you fume at anyone who exposes the perceptible hollowness in your presentations? Thank GOD I wasn't thrilled by your last reply where you closed with "peace". undecided undecided Eat your tithe, I am certain you need it more than I do. Point of order, pride pervades only the hearts of men who ascribe to themselves an all-knowing status. This reflects in everything you've dumped here today. cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: To Tithe Or Not To Tithe: The Whole Truth From The Bible. by ddippset(m): 3:16pm On Mar 06, 2016
JSayin:

Ignorance is really a big disease.
You did not even follow the previous discussion before jumping into hasty conclusions.
I'm sure you struggled to get 6 credits after 5 attempts at JAMB and also struggled to make a pass in Uni.
lol. Woman you don't even know whom you're talking to, you don't and probably wouldn't. I'd leave it at that.
Re: To Tithe Or Not To Tithe: The Whole Truth From The Bible. by Nobody: 3:18pm On Mar 06, 2016
WiseBully:

Old man, bundle of fury, why do you fume at anyone who exposes the perceptible hollowness in your presentations? Thank GOD I wasn't thrilled by your last reply where you closed with "peace". undecided undecided Eat your tithe, I am certain you need it more than I do. Point of order, pride pervades more in the hearts of men who ascribe to themselves an all-knowing status. This reflects in everything you've dumped here today. cheesy cheesy
there is every reason to believe now that you're a pastor.
Sorry if I offended you.
But I'm afraid I'm going to offend you even more with my future posts.
My name is LEGALAide.
Any time you see that name, keep off from Nairaland because I'm gonna hunt ya with the truth.
Until you're out of business.
Believe it or not!
Stick around every Sunday for more interesting episodes!
AMEN.

1 Like

Re: To Tithe Or Not To Tithe: The Whole Truth From The Bible. by Nobody: 3:18pm On Mar 06, 2016
Manueleee:
Its not magic pls. Increasment most surly come. It may come in another place of work. Change a place of work may also reflect my studies too. Workin and acedmics stuffs, u shuld knw hw hectic it will be.
Bros .. increase your tithe.. so dat u will get increased salary... Abi are u now faithless to pay big money tithe

1 Like

Re: To Tithe Or Not To Tithe: The Whole Truth From The Bible. by Nobody: 3:26pm On Mar 06, 2016
crixtex:

Bros .. increase your tithe.. so dat u will get increased salary... Abi are u now faithless to pay big money tithe
wink

1 Like

Re: To Tithe Or Not To Tithe: The Whole Truth From The Bible. by harizonal123(m): 3:26pm On Mar 06, 2016
Re: To Tithe Or Not To Tithe: The Whole Truth From The Bible. by Nobody: 3:27pm On Mar 06, 2016
Re: To Tithe Or Not To Tithe: The Whole Truth From The Bible. by Skills10: 3:29pm On Mar 06, 2016
LEGALAide:

don't be afraid.
Let's hear you first.
Then we'll decide it by proving further!

Pls, I want you to know that all what you have said about tithing is the truth. You are right. Christians should speak where the bible speaks and be silent where the bible is silent.

Study to show thyself approved unto God. A workman that needed not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. 2 Tim 2: 15.

As a matter of fact, the first council in Christianity was in Acts 15: 1 to 24, where the apostles came together to consider the matter of Gentiles obeying the law of Moses. Peter and Paul with the rest of the apostles said Christians should not keep the law of Moses.

For all those Christians who pay tithe, you are only practising Judo-Christianity. Mixing the law of Moses with Christianity.

Gal 5:4 You have become estranged from Christ, you who attempt to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace.

What this passage say is that if you seek justification for an act of righteousness from the Old testament, Christ is of effect to you.

People are lazy to study the bible, and they will justify the teachings of the so called men of God.

Heb 7 : 1 - 28 tells us that Christ was from the tribe of Judah (and not of Levi, who receive the priesthood) and there is a change in the priesthood, there is also a change of the law.

Christians should not pay tithe.
The Apostles of Christ did not pay tithe.

For those talking about Matt 23:23, as at that time, Christ was not yet Crucified on the Cross and he was addressing the Pharisees and Scribes.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: To Tithe Or Not To Tithe: The Whole Truth From The Bible. by Nobody: 3:32pm On Mar 06, 2016
LEGALAide:

there is every reason to believe now that you're a pastor.
Sorry if I offended you.
But I'm afraid I'm going to offend you even more with my future posts.
My name is LEGALAide.
Any time you see that name, keep off from Nairaland because I'm gonna hunt ya with the truth.
Believe it or not!
Stick around every Sunday for more interesting episodes!
AMEN.

cheesy cheesy cheesy Hunter, please show me a picture of your bow and arrow. I'm really scared now. grin grin grin Hey, Nairaland isn't where sane Christians observe Sunday service. No insult intended, but it's verifiable unpleasant truth. Go check my posts, get back and tell me how many posts I have made in religious section. That section largely is a dump site for iconoclastic, self-righteous, self-justifying individuals disguised as true Christians. I ain't moved by doctrinal winds. Good luck as you hunt down your willing preys with enticing words of self.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: To Tithe Or Not To Tithe: The Whole Truth From The Bible. by Nobody: 3:37pm On Mar 06, 2016
Skills10:

Pls, I want you to know that all what you have said about tithing is the truth. You are right. Christians should speak where the bible speaks and be silent where the bible is silent.

Study to show thyself approved unto God. A workman that needed not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. 2 Tim 2: 15.

As a matter of fact, the first council in Christianity was in Acts 15: 1 to 24, where the apostles came together to consider the matter of Gentiles obeying the law of Moses. Peter and Paul with the rest of the apostles said Christians should not keep the law of Moses.

For all those Christians who pay tithe, you are only practising Judo-Christianity. Mixing the law of Moses with Christianity.

Gal 5:4 You have become estranged from Christ, you who attempt to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace.

What this passage say is that if you seek justification for an act of righteousness from the Old testament, Christ is of effect to you.

People are lazy to study the bible, and they will justify the teachings of the so called men of God.

Heb 7 : 1 - 28 tells us that Christ was from the tribe of Judah (and not of Levi, who receive the priesthood) and there is a change in the priesthood, there is also a change of the law.

Christians should not pay tithe.
The Apostles of Christ did not pay tithe.

For those talking about Matt 23:23, as at that time, Christ was not yet Crucified on the Cross and he was addressing the Pharisees and Scribes.
THANKS.
To show further that paying tithe is no longer of any relevance, the new testament told of when Jesus instructed Peter to get enough coins from a fish to pay their tax.
If the Bible could mention a thing as tax, why not tithe if it was of any real importance?
Re: To Tithe Or Not To Tithe: The Whole Truth From The Bible. by funshow247(m): 3:39pm On Mar 06, 2016
Anyway! Op it's not too much to give back to God at least 10% of your income as an appreciation. I also once thought about it and i practiced both paying and not paying. With my experience, I can categorically tell you that paying tithe pays alot.
Why not faithfully give it a try and compare yourself. Theories ain't just enough in kingdom things. God bless you.
Re: To Tithe Or Not To Tithe: The Whole Truth From The Bible. by nelson16(m): 3:39pm On Mar 06, 2016
Circumstances Cannot Break God’s Promises
Alexander H. Kerr was converted under the ministry of Dwight L. Moody at the age of fourteen and joined the Presbyterian Church at Philadelphia. In 1902 Mr. Kerr read the book entitled, "Judah’s Sceptre and Joseph’s Birthright," by Bishop Allen. In his book Bishop Allen referred to the vow Jacob made in Genesis 28, where we find the following words, "Of all that Thou shalt give me, I will surely give the tenth unto Thee."
Twenty years later this same Jacob returned to his home with servants and cattle in great abundance. He thus became one of the rich men of the East as a result of keeping his covenant of tithing with the Lord God.
With some doubts, but with a sincere desire to test if the Bible is true, to prove without a shadow of doubt that there is a personal God and that His promises are from everlasting to everlasting, and that they are intended for people of this day, Mr. Kerr, on June 1, 1902, made a special covenant to set aside a certain percentage of his income for the work of the Lord.
At that time he had a mortgage on his little home, owed many obligations, and was burdened with cares and worries especially of a financial nature. However, he was determined to prove God as did Jacob (Prov. 3:9-10; Lev. 27:30-32; Gen. 14:20, 13:2; especially Mal. 3:7-18). Mr. Kerr often remarked that if modern-day skeptics wanted proof that there is a God, and that the Bible is His Holy Word and all its promises are true, all that is necessary is to tithe for one year, and God will prove to them without doubt that He is "the same yesterday, and today, and forever" (Heb. 13:cool.
Within three months after Mr. Kerr began to tithe, unexpected and unforeseen blessings came to him – so much so that it seemed to him that God had thus opened his eyes to behold His love and His faithfulness to His promises, especially made in regard to tithing or giving one-tenth.
"According to Your Faith Be It unto You"
Matthew 9:29
That same year Mr. Kerr, with a very small capital but with strong faith in God’s tithing promises contained in Malachi 3:10-12, organized the firm known as the Kerr Glass Manufacturing Company which eventually became one of the largest firms selling fruit jars in the United States. The jars were manufactured for him in San Francisco.
At the time of the San Francisco earthquake (1906) this firm was manufacturing his fruit jars. Mr. Kerr had put practically every cent he had in the world into this fruit jar enterprise and then came the earthquake! His friends came to him and said, "Kerr, you are a ruined man." He replied, "I don’t believe it…. I know God will not go back on His promises."
He wired to San Francisco, and received the following reply: "Your factory is in the heart of the fire, and undoubtedly is destroyed. The heat is so intense we will be unable to find out anything for some days."
What a time of testing this was! But his faith in the Lord never wavered. He believed Malachi 3:11: "I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes, and he shall not destroy the fruits of your ground." He stood on this promise unmoved. About a week after the earthquake and fire, a second telegram arrived saying: "Everything for a mile and a half on all sides of the factory burned; but your factory was miraculously saved."
Mr. Kerr immediately boarded a train for San Francisco. This factory was a two-story wooden building containing the huge tanks where the glass was melted. These tanks were kept at extremely high temperatures. Oil was used for fuel, and therefore this building was the most inflammable in San Francisco. The fire had raged on all sides of this glass factory, creeping up to the wooden fence surrounding the building and even scorching it. Then the flames and fire leaped around and over and beyond the building, burning everything in its path. However, not even the wooden fence was burned, nor the building, and not a single glass jar was cracked by earthquake or fire.
This was nothing short of a miracle of God’s divine power in protecting this man who held his faith that God’s promises made to those who tithe would never be broken by any circumstances! God’s Word cannot return to Him void (Isa. 55:8-11).
Three weeks before his death he addressed the members of the First Baptist Church of Riverside, California, on the blessings and riches of tithing possessions, income and increase. Every business in which he had interests tithed. His returns were so great that he created a Tithing Fund and had it incorporated. His tithing gifts went around the world, for he was deeply interested in missions at home and abroad. He gave liberally. He was greatly interested in the distribution of Testaments, Gospels and religious literature.
Mr. Kerr was able to bless others because he believed that God would honor His promise to pour out His blessings today upon those who would accurately and carefully tithe – to set aside one-tenth of their possessions, salary or income for the Lord’s work.
Re: To Tithe Or Not To Tithe: The Whole Truth From The Bible. by JSayin(f): 3:41pm On Mar 06, 2016
ddippset:
lol. Woman you don't even know whom you're talking to, you don't and probably wouldn't. I'd leave it at that.

Be rest assured I don't care to know.
Don't want to be contaminated with your level of ignorance.
Passing six no be passing sense.
Vamoose!
Re: To Tithe Or Not To Tithe: The Whole Truth From The Bible. by Nobody: 3:43pm On Mar 06, 2016
WiseBully:

cheesy cheesy cheesy Hunter, please show me a picture of your bow and arrow. I'm really scared now. grin grin grin Hey, Nairaland isn't where sane Christians observe Sunday service. No insult intended, but it's verifiable unpleasant truth. Go check my posts, get back and tell me how many posts I have made in religious section. That section largely is a dump site for iconoclastic, self-righteous, self-justifying individuals disguised as true Christians. I ain't moved by doctrinal winds. Good luck as you hunt down your willing preys with enticing words of self.

and they are self-righteous because someone from nowhere said so?
Funny.
I created a post, and someone who thinks he's sane, though insane, hasn't got any thing to say to controvert it.
Who cares about whether you think the religion section is sloppy?
Now you're here, next Sunday I guarantee you'll be here.
Check out my posts then Mr. Pastor.
The truth must stand!
Too bad.
Re: To Tithe Or Not To Tithe: The Whole Truth From The Bible. by Nobody: 3:45pm On Mar 06, 2016
funshow247:
Anyway! Op it's not too much to give back to God at least 10% of your income as an appreciation. I also once thought about it and i practiced both paying and not paying. With my experience, I can categorically tell you that paying tithe pays alot.
Why not faithfully give it a try and compare yourself. Theories ain't just enough in kingdom things. God bless you.
must paying be into someone's pocket.
What happens when I give that 10% to the needy?
Have forgotten that when you give to the needy you're giving to God?
Re: To Tithe Or Not To Tithe: The Whole Truth From The Bible. by fabulous18(m): 3:46pm On Mar 06, 2016
all i can say is do what the bible teach don't allow anyone to distract you from paying your tith
Re: To Tithe Or Not To Tithe: The Whole Truth From The Bible. by Nobody: 3:49pm On Mar 06, 2016
fabulous18:
all i can say is do what the bible teach don't allow anyone to distract you from paying your tith
and what does the Bible teach?
Re: To Tithe Or Not To Tithe: The Whole Truth From The Bible. by Skills10: 3:50pm On Mar 06, 2016
LEGALAide:

THANKS.
To show further that paying tithe is no longer of any relevance, the new testament told of when Jesus instructed Peter to get enough coins from a fish to pay their tax.
If the Bible could mention a thing as tax, why not tithe if it was of any real importance?

Don't be bothered that people will accuse you or say all kind of things, the truth is always bitter. A true Christian will look beyond what his so called man of God says and carefully search the scriptures to see if those things are true. Like the berean Christians did.

Did you know that I got a bible concordance, and went to the book of Galatians. Even the Concordance says Paul wrote the book of Galatians to the Galatian Church that Christians should not Obey the law of Moses.

Your views are shared by true Christians. It is the whole truth.

1 Like

Re: To Tithe Or Not To Tithe: The Whole Truth From The Bible. by Dee235: 3:50pm On Mar 06, 2016
Despite the so many scripture verses from the writer he forgot this verse about what Jesus said about Tithe.

Mat 23:23 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

Emphasis on: and not to leave the other undone.
Re: To Tithe Or Not To Tithe: The Whole Truth From The Bible. by Nobody: 3:53pm On Mar 06, 2016
LEGALAide:

and they are self-righteous because someone from nowhere said so?
Funny.
I created a post, and someone who thinks he's sane, though insane, hasn't got any thing to say to controvert it.
Who cares about whether you think the religion section is sloppy?
Now you're here, next Sunday I guarantee you'll be here.
Check out my posts then Mr. Pastor.
The truth must stand!
Too bad.

Flood it with your posts, my business? Nope. You can see why I said earlier that it was a demeaning act of self-contempt to engage you in a rational discussion. Now you think I am insane. This shows your "impeccable" comprehension ability. You couldn't understand what I meant when I said "observe Sunday service" as against "visiting" religious section which is strictly free choice. Spread your unwashed linen all over the place, but wise people do otherwise. undecided undecided undecided
Re: To Tithe Or Not To Tithe: The Whole Truth From The Bible. by ddippset(m): 3:55pm On Mar 06, 2016
JSayin:

Be rest assured I don't care to know.
Don't want to be contaminated with your level of ignorance.
Passing six no be passing sense.
Vamoose!
Your problem is this; you really do think you've got the monopoly of insults. Iam good at it too o! Be warned o! You better beat it now o! Hen!

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (18) (Reply)

Prophet Mike Agboola Prophecy On Osun Election: 'Omisore Is Winner' / Pastor Adeboye Wants To Sleep In Kirikiri Prison As He Visits Inmates (Pics) / Christmas Celebration Controversy: MFM Releases Statement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.