Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,965 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:47 AM

To Tithe Or Not To Tithe: The Whole Truth From The Bible. - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / To Tithe Or Not To Tithe: The Whole Truth From The Bible. (64094 Views)

Daddy Freeze To Pastor Adeboye: "Pope Drinks Beer And Doesn't Pay Tithe" / Why I Would Forever Continue To Tithe - My Personal Experience. / Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: To Tithe Or Not To Tithe: The Whole Truth From The Bible. by conine: 1:43pm On Mar 06, 2016
Church scam.. Thanks for the message
Re: To Tithe Or Not To Tithe: The Whole Truth From The Bible. by Chukazu: 1:43pm On Mar 06, 2016
LEGALAide:

pack one side jare.
Who be this one?
We've trashed that stuff before.
Read previous comments.
No vex me o Mr. Pastor.

what are you talking?

are you trashing that those saying is not in the Bible or you trashing that they are not what he quoted, so what are you trashing?

you want the verse read in your "mother tongue" before you grasp it?

2 Likes

Re: To Tithe Or Not To Tithe: The Whole Truth From The Bible. by emmastace: 1:43pm On Mar 06, 2016
LEGALAide:
TO TITHE OR NOT TO TITHE: WHAT THE BIBLE TEACHES.

Tithe: A tenth of the produce of the earth consecrated and set apart for special purposes.

MALACHI 3:10 (New International Version):
"Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this," says the LORD Almighty, "and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that there will not be room enough to store it".

Many Christians struggle with the issue of tithing.
In some churches tithing is over-emphasized at the expense of giving to the needy.
Tithing is an Old Testament concept. The tithe was a requirement of the Law in which the Israelites were to give 10 percent of the crops they grew and the livestock they raised to the tabernacle/temple
- see Leviticus 27:30; Numbers 18:26; Deuteronomy 14:24; 2 Chronicles 31:5.
In fact, the Old Testament Law required multiple tithes—one for the Levites, one for the use of the temple and the feasts, and one for the poor of the land—which would have pushed the total to around 23.3 percent.
Some understand the Old Testament tithe as a method of taxation to provide for the needs of the priests and Levites in the sacrificial system.

NOTE: Tithes were awarded to the Levites for their priestly service because they would not receive land in Canaan see: Num 18:19-21.
They, too, gave a tenth of what they received (v. 26).

Donation of a tenth portion, or tithe, was common apparently because most peoples counted in tens, based on ten fingers.

Tithing first appeared in the Bible when Abraham gave one-tenth of the spoils of war to Melchizedek, the priest-king of Salem see: Gen 14:18-20.
The writer of Hebrews presumed that tithes were paid to a higher authority and inferred that there was a greater priesthood than Aaron's see: Hebrews 7:4 Hebrews 7:9.

GENESIS 14:8-12:
The kings of Sodom and Gomorrah (Plus their allies) fought a battle against king Chedorlaomer king of Elam (plus his allies). Chedorlaomer king of Elam and his allies won the battle and took all the food supply and other goods from Sodom. They also took Lot, Abram's nephew, and his possessions and departed, for he (Lot) was living in Sodom.

GENESIS 14:9-17:
The incident was reported to Abram and he took 318 of his trained servants and defeated Chedorlaomer king of Elam. Abram brought back all the goods, and also brought back his relative, Lot, with his possessions, and also the women, and the people.

GENESIS 14:18-20:
After his return from the defeat of Chedorlaomer, Abram was met by Melchizedek king of Salem and a Canaanite priest of God Most High, refreshing them with bread and wine and he blessed Abram. The blessing was given to Abram, a very important fact to remember. In response, Abram gave one-tenth (10%) of all the goods of Sodom that were stolen by Chedorlaomer to Melchizedek. Abram DID NOT tithe from his own possessions, an essential fact to refute tithing practices in the new covenant.

GENESIS 14:21-24:
The king of Sodom offered to give Abram all the goods of Sodom that were recovered for himself, but Abram refused, taking not one single item, to give honor to Yahweh, lest people say this pagan king of Sodom made him rich. This is a very important point, because Abram took NO INCOME and the tithe he gave to Melchizedek did not come from his goods, but those of the Sodomites and 1/10 of Lot’s recovered goods.

CONCLUSION:
If Abram’s aforementioned encounter is used by clergy men to justify the practice of tithing from one’s gross income, then they are justifying Christians paying 10% of goods and money they do not own!
Even worse, paying tithes this way means they have to find someone who has been robbed and recover the stolen goods.
For example, if jewelry was stolen in a burglary, the tithing Christian must first return the stolen goods to the rightful owner, who must not be a Christian, (in keeping true to the symbolism of Abram and Melchizedek) and then use 10% of the recovered goods as a tithe to the church.
This is an outlandishly absurd example and it ought to be ample proof for rejecting this false doctrine of church tithing.

The modern practice of church tithing is not supported by the teachings of scripture.
Church tithing began in the late nineteenth century when a Wesleyan Church in Cincinnati hosted multiple fund-raising events to erase its enormous debt.Fledgling on the brink of bankruptcy and devoid of options, a layman came up with the idea of, “storehouse tithing.”
It was an instant success and soon the news spread like wildfire throughout Christendom and the practice of storehouse tithing caught on.
At the time, it seemed the answer to the debts and financial woes of churches whose church members gave indiscriminately.

Today storehouse tithing is a deep-rooted tradition that is promoted on a regular basis by clergy men that misuse the context of Malachi 3:8-11.
Pastors insist that every church member is obliged (as a matter of righteousness) to pay 10% of his or her gross income.
In addition to the tithe that church members give, most churches teach that a, “freewill offering,” over and above the 10% tithe should be given to again to the church or any charitable cause, with the stipulation that his or her “local church” is always to receive the “tithe.”

The New Testament nowhere commands, or even recommends, that Christians submit to a legalistic tithe system. The New Testament nowhere designates a percentage of income a person should set aside, but only says gifts should be “in keeping with income” -see 1 Corinthians 16:2. Some in the Christian church have taken the 10 percent figure from the Old Testament tithe and applied it as a “recommended minimum” for Christians in their giving.

The New Testament talks about the importance and benefits of giving.
We are to give as we are able. Sometimes that means giving more than 10 percent; sometimes that may mean giving less. It all depends on the ability of the Christian and the needs of the church. Every Christian should diligently pray and seek God’s wisdom in the matter of participating in tithing and/or how much to give -see James 1:5. Above all, all tithes and offerings should be given with pure motives and an attitude of worship to God and service to the body of Christ.
“Each man should give what he has decided in his heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver”- see 2 Corinthians 9:7.

Nowhere does the New Testament require Christians to tithe in the sense of giving 10 percent, but it does reiterate many things associated with tithing:
those who minister are entitled to receive support - see 1 Cor 9:14;
the poor and needy should be cared for- see 1 Cor 16:1; Gal 2:10;
those who give can trust God, as the source of all that is given- see 2 Cor 9:10,
to supply their needs -see 2 Cor 9:8; Php 4:19;
and giving should be done joyously- see 2 Cor 9:7.

Paul's vocabulary and teaching suggest that giving is voluntary and that there is no set percentage. Following the example of Christ, who gave even his life ( 2 Cor 8:9), we should cheerfully give as much as we have decided ( 2 Cor 9:7) based on how much the Lord has prospered us ( 1 Cor 16:2), knowing that we reap in proportion to what we sow ( 2 Cor 9:6) and that we will ultimately give account for our deeds ( Rom 14:12).

The New Testament directs that taxes be paid to the state- see Rom 13:6-7, which replaced Israel's theocracy.
In the days of Abraham and his contemporaries, there was no tax system. Society was largely theocratic. Tithes therefore, were next to modern day taxes. Jesus is seen in Matthew 17:24-27 asking Peter to pay their taxes.
Matthew 17:24:
When Jesus and the others arrived in Capernaum, the collectors for the temple tax came to Peter and asked, “Does your teacher pay the temple tax?”

25 “Yes, he does,” Peter answered.
After they had returned home, Jesus went up to Peter and asked him, “Simon, what do you think? Do the kings of this earth collect taxes and fees from their own people or from foreigners?”

26 Peter answered, “From foreigners.”
Jesus replied, “Then their own people don’t have to pay.
27 But we don’t want to cause trouble. So go cast a line into the lake and pull out the first fish you hook. Open its mouth, and you will find a coin. Use it to, pay your taxes and mine.”
Nowhere did we find Jesus speaking about tithe. This is because the essence of tithing, which is anchored in the law, is giving from one's abundance. Jesus came to fulfill the law. He therefore gave, not from His abundance, but His all - His life.
Christians today are called to look beyond ordinary tithing, submitting their lifes to God!
That is the perfect tithe.

WHY DON'T WE READ ABOUT THE TITHE IN THE NEW TESTAMENT?

Jesus actually called his followers to a standard of giving that went far beyond the tithe. He called us to give up everything and follow Him. The early Christians were able to do this. However, as the Church expanded throughout the world, its followers needed to be reminded that generous giving is a hallmark of the Judeo-Christian tradition. The Church Council of Macon in 585 A.D. ordered payment of tithes. In the 8th century, Charlemagne made tithing to the Church a civil law. The Council of Trent (1545-1563) also reiterated the call to tithe.

“Tell the rich in the present age not to be proud and not to rely on so uncertain a thing as wealth but rather on God, who richly provides us with all things for our enjoyment. Tell them to do good, to be rich in good works, to be generous, ready to share, thus accumulating as treasure a good foundation for the future, so as to win the life that is true life.” -1 Timothy 6:17-19
A New Testament teaching on giving which may be helpful to you is found in 1 Corinthians 16:2:
“On the first day of every week, each one of you should set aside a sum of money in keeping with his income.” This passage brings out four points: we should give individually, regularly, methodically, and proportionately.
The matter of your giving is between you and God, and He always takes into account our circumstances. He knows when they are beyond our power to direct and control. The important thing is that we see giving (not just to the church, nay a pastor) as a privilege and not a burden. It should not be out of a sense of duty, rather out of love for the Lord and a desire to see His kingdom advanced.

- O.S. EMEJULU Esq.
Re: To Tithe Or Not To Tithe: The Whole Truth From The Bible. by Chomzy19(f): 1:45pm On Mar 06, 2016
Manueleee:
Tithe is something many dont understand. Sumtimes i laf d way sum young guys give dia tithe. Sum will b gving 500 evry sunday. For me, i prefair to give it onec a month base on my salary.
Mal 3:10 is always effective to any christain dat pays his tithe. I rember wen my salary was 12k evry month my tithe should b 1200. So i d next month i made a prayer holdin my tithe. Askin God for increase of salary, so i gave 1500 as tithe. After dat tithe dat sunday, not upto 3days my salary was increased to 15k. Since dat day, i stop joking wit my tithe.
You prayed with faith and God answered you. Whenever you ask for anything believing you shall receive it. You will receive it. It has nothing to do with tithe. God answers prayers.QED. however if you blive he answers you because you tithe then continue with were your faith is, but i hope you are actually giving to the poor not just your rich pastor because on the last day the question will be when i was hungry did you give me to eat?
Re: To Tithe Or Not To Tithe: The Whole Truth From The Bible. by Nobody: 1:46pm On Mar 06, 2016
Chukazu:

what are you talking?

are you trashing that those saying is not in the Bible or you trashing that they are not what he quoted, so what are you trashing?

you want the verse read in your "mother tongue" before you grasp it?
LOLZ.
Please read my post.
Stop talking from behind your head.
Re: To Tithe Or Not To Tithe: The Whole Truth From The Bible. by sbm4real(m): 1:46pm On Mar 06, 2016
Christ made a reference to tithing in Mat 23:23. He said to the Pharisees that they should not ignore tithing but that mercy, justice and faithfulness are more important. I think that is a clear indication that Christ did not abolish it.

Abraham was the first to pay tithe and He paid it before the law was ever given. This suggests that tithing is a biblical principle that predates the law. It is just like saying the union between a man and woman predates the law.

Abraham gave to Melchizedek whom the bible refers to as a King without beginning and end and the bible also compares him to Christ is Hebrews. As such, tithe was first paid to God by Abraham.

While Pastors have abused tithing, it remains a valid principle. Giving tithe is not an investment that is supposed to bring you returns, we give to God because we love Him. Pastors say if you don't give it, God will curse the remaining 90%- this is a lie from the pit of hell. We give out of trust that the remaining 90% will be more than enough.

Lastly, the work of God requires a lot of money and giving tithes is an important part of that.

If you don't trust your pastor with your tithe, you shouldn't be such a church. Our monies are important to us and that is why Christ would equate serving God and money!

3 Likes

Re: To Tithe Or Not To Tithe: The Whole Truth From The Bible. by Nobody: 1:49pm On Mar 06, 2016
sbm4real:
Christ made a reference to tithing in Mat 23:23. He said to the Pharisees that they should not ignore tithing but that mercy, justice and faithfulness are more important. I think that is a clear indication that Christ did not abolish it.

Abraham was the first to pay tithe and He paid it before the law was ever given. This suggests that tithing is a biblical principle that predates the law. It is just like saying the union between a man and woman predates the law.

Abraham gave to Melchizedek whom the bible refers to as a King without beginning and end and the bible also compares him to Christ is Hebrews. As such, tithe was first paid to God by Abraham.

While Pastors have abused tithing, it remains a valid principle. Giving tithe is not an investment that is supposed to bring you returns, we give to God because we love Him. Pastors say if you don't give it, God will curse the remaining 90%- this is a lie from the pit of hell. We give out of trust that the remaining 90% will be more than enough.

Lastly, the work of God requires a lot of money and giving tithes is an important part of that.

If you don't trust your pastor with your tithe, you shouldn't be such a church. Our monies are important to us and that is why Christ would equate serving God and money!
Your comment is belated though.
That point has been cut-and-dried.
Re: To Tithe Or Not To Tithe: The Whole Truth From The Bible. by JSayin(f): 1:54pm On Mar 06, 2016
LEGALAide:

IT'S A SHAME YOU'RE A CHURCH GOER ALREADY!

Ignorant Ignoramus
Re: To Tithe Or Not To Tithe: The Whole Truth From The Bible. by DopeDiddyFrosh: 1:54pm On Mar 06, 2016
I normally resist commenting on religious issues as much as possible.
we may think something is right and maybe wrong in God's sight and vice versa.
tithing is a personal thing and if you are spoken to about it and you feel you should do it and you know your faith carries it there's no problem.
I don't think any church compels anyone to pay tithe.
everyone with different beliefs.
Re: To Tithe Or Not To Tithe: The Whole Truth From The Bible. by Chukzyfcb(m): 1:55pm On Mar 06, 2016
Well spokEn op, The problem is we people fail to ask questions. Not just on tithe, On everthing. Some of the life principles and ethics we know are things passed from our ancestors to our parents down to us. And then we swallow it all wthout asking questions. We are now in the Information age oooo, ask questions, seek knowledge. Use your Internet wisely and dont pass outdated infos to your kids that our aged old parents passed down to us because in the end....... CURIOUSITY BREEDS A VORACIOUS READER!!!
Re: To Tithe Or Not To Tithe: The Whole Truth From The Bible. by JSayin(f): 1:56pm On Mar 06, 2016
ddippset:
you be pastor abi? Op wan knock ya hussle abi? No worry, e nor go work!

Ignorance is really a big disease.
You did not even follow the previous discussion before jumping into hasty conclusions.
I'm sure you struggled to get 6 credits after 5 attempts at JAMB and also struggled to make a pass in Uni.
Re: To Tithe Or Not To Tithe: The Whole Truth From The Bible. by fairheven: 1:57pm On Mar 06, 2016
Ki
LEGALAide:

WELL, EVEN THOUGH I THOUGHT MY DIGNITY SHOULDN'T GO INTO REPLYING YOU, NOW LISTEN UP.
FIRST UNDERSTAND THAT TITHING ISN'T THE ONLY WAY ONE PLANTS.
LET'S ASSUME YOU'VE UNDERSTOOD THAT, UNDERSTAND ALSO THE PEOPLE THINK THAT GOD IS A SAVINGS ACCOUNT.
Do you think Bill Gates tithes?
You're even pathetic.
Seems reverend king is your pastor too.
God has established the principles of wealth.
If you wish just empty your account into your pastor's.
Your business though.
I give not by compulsion.
Giving isn't only when you give in the church.
But your pastors make you believe that if you give in the church you're giving to God directly.
If you give to the needy outside the church it goes to nothing.
Too many greedy people populating Christianity.

Even atheists get rich.
God does not bless people just because they give.
He's way too rich for that!

As to whether Bill Gates pays tithe?

Go and read up about bill Gates before mentioning him.
The very title that bill Gates gives his operating system,"windows" are a product of tithing.

It's a fulfilment of God's Word in malachi that he would open the "windows" of heaven to pore out blessings and bill Gates payed tithes and believed God and God fulfilled his promise. That is the result of all the "windows" 95, window 97 and so on.

Maybe we should ask you if paying tithe is a sin.?
'

1 Like

Re: To Tithe Or Not To Tithe: The Whole Truth From The Bible. by fairheven: 1:58pm On Mar 06, 2016
LEGALAide:

LOLZ.
Please read my post.
Stop talking from behind your head.

And please mind your language

1 Like

Re: To Tithe Or Not To Tithe: The Whole Truth From The Bible. by Leke001: 1:58pm On Mar 06, 2016
hmmn!...if our Pastors lay hands on you for this post...
Re: To Tithe Or Not To Tithe: The Whole Truth From The Bible. by Boeing777pilot: 1:59pm On Mar 06, 2016
I pay my tithe and I am very happy doing it.

If you decide that tithing is not for you , that's your problem not mine.

Just don't try to convince my why I shouldn't pay tithe.

The truth is, this tithe issue has been overflogged.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: To Tithe Or Not To Tithe: The Whole Truth From The Bible. by demoore1(m): 2:00pm On Mar 06, 2016
fairheven:
@OP peace be upon you,for picking the scriptures that suits you just to deceive the gullible.

Jesus supported tithing in new testament.

"Woe to you pharisees! For you tithe mint and rue and all manner of herbs, and pass justice and the love of God. This (justice and love of God) you ought to have done without leaving the other (which is tithing)undone " luke 11:42

Wonder why your eyes never read that potion undecided

With this mentality you have, below is what you will see at the judgment day

Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’
Re: To Tithe Or Not To Tithe: The Whole Truth From The Bible. by jamace(m): 2:01pm On Mar 06, 2016
Tallesty1:
Tithing is a christianized Yahoo Yahoo business. Simple.

A pastor who owns lands, schools and fleet of cars will ask someone earning below the minimum wage to bring 10% of his salary so that God will bless him and the Educated idiot will do it.

If eventually he gets salary increase he will say it is because he tithed, how about none tithers and unbelievers that are most times the boss?

Jesus is now the high priest and where there's a change in priesthood, there's equally a change in the law. The law of tithing passed away when the law of feeding the hungry, the poor, helping the needy, widows etc was established.

I don't serve a broke god that needs to invest 10% of my money in what I don't even know and then give me whatever he gains.

I serve a living God who meets all my needs according his riches in glory by Christ.
GBAM!!! End of Discusion. cool cool cool
Re: To Tithe Or Not To Tithe: The Whole Truth From The Bible. by Chukzyfcb(m): 2:04pm On Mar 06, 2016
fairheven:
Ki

As to whether Bill Gates pays tithe?

Go and read up about bill Gates before mentioning him.
The very title that bill Gates gives his operating system,"windows" are a product of tithing.

It's a fulfilment of God's Word in malachi that he would open the "windows" of heaven to pore out blessings and bill Gates payed tithes and believed God and God fulfilled his promise. That is the of all the "windows" 95, window 97 and so on.

Maybe we should ask you if paying tithe is a sin.?
'
Hey Mr. I'll like to repeat what pastor chris said in his rhaposdy of realites. He says although there could be miracle in growth BUT GROWTH IN ITSELF IS NOT A MIRACLE! YES! This is why you can see people that don't know God excel financially. Growth is the APPLICATION of REVEALED Principles and means. Once You apply these means, Growth would come. Even the bible says in Matthew 5:45 for He makes His SUN RISE on the EVIL and on the GOOD, and sends RAIN on the JUST and on the UNJUST.
Re: To Tithe Or Not To Tithe: The Whole Truth From The Bible. by flamingREED(m): 2:05pm On Mar 06, 2016
aaronson:
Money making scheme.

As an atheist, this is how I easily detect the scam in religion.
Anytime an evangelical brethren comes to me to invite me to their church, I tell them this.

Yes I would come to your church for one of these options.

If I come we would share the collected offering and tithe for that day.

OR

As long as I'm present in the church no collection of offering,tithe whatsoever payment. Pick one?

They usually stay speechless and just leave in shame, I 'd just laugh.
just when will your atheism set you free from sin?
Re: To Tithe Or Not To Tithe: The Whole Truth From The Bible. by JUBILEE2000: 2:05pm On Mar 06, 2016
osothermal:
OP you are very wrong read the word of God very well and stop deceiving children of God. You said tithing is an old testament thing? Children of God mattew 23 from vs 23 Jesus criticizing the religious leaders calling them hypocrites that they are careful to TITHE even the tiniest income but ignore the more important teaching of justice,mercy and faith. Jesus said "You should TITHE yes, but don't neglect the more important things. My dear read ur Bible very well and let it guide you .
I AM A TITHER and its working for me

ignorance!!!!!
Re: To Tithe Or Not To Tithe: The Whole Truth From The Bible. by DeRay98(m): 2:07pm On Mar 06, 2016
LEGALAide:

I once went to a church and to my surprise, members were holding their tithes up in the air!
I realized that why they pay their tithes isn't because they love God, but because they can't stand seeing that other Lady or guy giving their tithes without giving theirs.
It'll be a thing of shame.
And that's the only reason they tithe.
This same person won't understand it when I tell him to give 10% or more of his salary to a beggar!
Never.
I wish to stop here.
Need not say more.

You are right, some "Pastors" who were called by their stomach rather than God have devised ways making it displaying or making a show of it. They heap judgement on themselves.

1 Like

Re: To Tithe Or Not To Tithe: The Whole Truth From The Bible. by Oghumu1(m): 2:09pm On Mar 06, 2016
I got tired reading and jumped to where u typed CONCLUSION. Yet another epistle followed it, please always summarize your write-ups. undecided
Re: To Tithe Or Not To Tithe: The Whole Truth From The Bible. by fairheven: 2:11pm On Mar 06, 2016
Hi
demoore1:

With this mentality you have, below is what you will see at the judgment day

Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’

Were you quoted doesn't expunge where I quoted, so your point doesn't stand

It say concerning tithes...

WOE UNTO YOU PHARISEES! FOR YOU TITHE MINT AND RUE AND ALL MANNER OF HERBS, AND PASS JUSTICE AND THE LOVE OF GOD, THIS YOU OUGHT TO HAVE DONE WITHOUT LEAVING THE (TITHING) UNDONE -LUKE 11 :42

IF YOU CAN'T COUNTER IT, THEN YOU HAVE NO POINT BRO

2 Likes

Re: To Tithe Or Not To Tithe: The Whole Truth From The Bible. by Nobody: 2:19pm On Mar 06, 2016
LEGALAide:

THIS IS EXACTLY WHY WE HAVE PASTORS LIKE REVEREND KING.
Because people should throw away their senses when it's a spiritual affair.
What a shame!

I know you have a thousand and one pliable followers with itching ears who relish undermining Scriptural principles, daily urged on by persuasive scholarly presentations like yours. Bravo! How ridiculously callow and pedestrian that you had to quickly cite the Rev. King notoriety example simply to gain more deviant Christian followers! cheesy cheesy Shush!!! You are very free to eat your tithe since your life wholly depends on it. undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: To Tithe Or Not To Tithe: The Whole Truth From The Bible. by JUBILEE2000: 2:23pm On Mar 06, 2016
1stCitizen:
For years as a Christian I was decieved by the devil about tithing like the OP

The devil does this by making you question how the tithe is used.I used to believe it was an old testament mandate.

Even without paying tithes things were going ok for me and I was doing well and used to console myself that I am still blessed without paying tithe.....until God opened my eyes to the devil's deceit. I saw that Christ even acknowledged it's importance.

When I started paying in full obedience I could not believe the way I leapfrogged from one level to a higher one. Favour became more abundant to me beyond my comprehension . I was like wow....why did I not obey before now.

this ur submission cannot fly in the face of an overwhelming truth. I wonder what Apostle Paul and other martyrs of the gospel will be saying wherever they are now concerning the state of the present day church
Re: To Tithe Or Not To Tithe: The Whole Truth From The Bible. by Nobody: 2:26pm On Mar 06, 2016
Tallesty1:
Tithing is a christianized Yahoo Yahoo business. Simple.

A pastor who owns lands, schools and fleet of cars will ask someone earning below the minimum wage to bring 10% of his salary so that God will bless him and the Educated idiot will do it.

If eventually he gets salary increase he will say it is because he tithed, how about none tithers and unbelievers that are most times the boss?

Jesus is now the high priest and where there's a change in priesthood, there's equally a change in the law. The law of tithing passed away when the law of feeding the hungry, the poor, helping the needy, widows etc was established.

I don't serve a broke god that needs to invest 10% of my money in what I don't even know and then give me whatever he gains.

I serve a living God who meets all my needs according his riches in glory by Christ.
i use to wonder, if Buhari that is the number one person in Nigeria no dey pay tithe(as a muslim) then i dont understand the blessing they say a tither will get!
Re: To Tithe Or Not To Tithe: The Whole Truth From The Bible. by Nobody: 2:27pm On Mar 06, 2016
LEGALAide:

Without a doubt it's in the Bible.
The same way the words "is", "when" and "was" are all in the Bible!
Just the same way!
they just scare a lot of xtians with that malachi verse. . . .

1 Like

Re: To Tithe Or Not To Tithe: The Whole Truth From The Bible. by Nobody: 2:27pm On Mar 06, 2016
LEGALAide:

Your comment is belated though.
That point has been cut-and-dried.

After going through most of your replies to folks here, I found out you've got an overblown pomposity, unwillingness to accommodate different views and a grape tongue. Reasoning with you is an act of self contempt.
Re: To Tithe Or Not To Tithe: The Whole Truth From The Bible. by flamingREED(m): 2:28pm On Mar 06, 2016
Every one should know that God almighty is a God of order.
His kingdom is a big business and must be operated by the best fiscal policies: He is most excellent.
He leaves nothing out of orderliness or rules.
Every belief has an injunction on which it's hinged.
Tithing is not left out and shall never be.

If you're saved from sin, like I am, you would hardly be bothered by such anti-christ(ian) vagaries as this.

I pay my *one-tenth and it has not made me miserable.
We brought nothing into this world.
The world passes away.
Sow eternal seeds whose fruits will abide forever,
Which will be better than the benefits of tax-payers money.

The words of Christ are plain, ' pay your tithes, but don't omit the weightier matters of the law'.

The writer of this vile epistle should ensure that he keeps God's judgement,
Shows mercy,
And walks faithfully, and by faith.

FOR HIS OWN GOOD.

He should also pay his tithe for the business of God to survive,
Because,
If your stinginess cripples God's business,
Your soul will be committed to the burning flame.

Receive Christ and be free from the propensities of greed.

AMEN.

1 Like

Re: To Tithe Or Not To Tithe: The Whole Truth From The Bible. by Chukazu: 2:29pm On Mar 06, 2016
fairheven:
Hi

Were you quoted doesn't expunge where I quoted, so your point doesn't stand

It say concerning tithes...

WOE UNTO YOU PHARISEES! FOR YOU TITHE MINT AND RUE AND ALL MANNER OF HERBS, AND PASS JUSTICE AND THE LOVE OF GOD, THIS YOU OUGHT TO HAVE DONE WITHOUT LEAVING THE (TITHING) UNDONE -LUKE 11 :42

IF YOU CAN'T COUNTER IT, THEN YOU HAVE NO POINT BRO

end of discussion!
the so called anti-tithe crusader won't see that scripture

1 Like 1 Share

Re: To Tithe Or Not To Tithe: The Whole Truth From The Bible. by Nobody: 2:33pm On Mar 06, 2016
WiseBully:

After going through most of your replies to folks here, I found out you've got an overblown pomposity, unwillingness to accommodate different views and a grape tongue. Reasoning with you is an act of self contempt.
AND THAT'S WHY YOU CALL YOURSELF "WISEBULLY".
Peace!
Re: To Tithe Or Not To Tithe: The Whole Truth From The Bible. by Nobody: 2:36pm On Mar 06, 2016
Op you right..... Some pastors of nowadays are not helping matters after collecting tithe from poor church members they will end up building Universities that the tithers children can not afford to go due to high school fees. God will help us.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (18) (Reply)

Photo: See The Warning To Ladies Displayed At Entrance Of CLAM Church / Stephanie Otobo Shows Money Apostle Suleman Paid Her Via Statement Of Account / Coronavirus: Dominion City Lagos Shares Food Items Due To COVID-19 Lockdown

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.