Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,326 members, 7,836,391 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:57 AM

To Tithe Or Not To Tithe: The Whole Truth From The Bible. - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / To Tithe Or Not To Tithe: The Whole Truth From The Bible. (64204 Views)

Daddy Freeze To Pastor Adeboye: "Pope Drinks Beer And Doesn't Pay Tithe" / Why I Would Forever Continue To Tithe - My Personal Experience. / Should I Pay My Tithe Or Pay My Brother's School Fees? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: To Tithe Or Not To Tithe: The Whole Truth From The Bible. by Nobody: 11:49am On Mar 06, 2016
emerged01:

Lol! No need to read all the old Testament for laws to obey! All one need to do is to just read mark 12 vs 30:31 and if one can oney,heavenly award is so sure, yours is worthless.

Have a good Sunday brother!
BACK TO THE TOPIC.

1 Like

Re: To Tithe Or Not To Tithe: The Whole Truth From The Bible. by JSayin(f): 11:50am On Mar 06, 2016
LEGALAide:

Yet you (your pastors) never learn.
That's why it'll appear next Sunday even!
Until it sinks in properly!

Unfortunately your small 'mustard seed size'. mind has not grown enough to let you dechiper that anyone posting at that time on a Sunday morning is not an ardent church goer that regularly signs a pastor's attendance sheet.
Re: To Tithe Or Not To Tithe: The Whole Truth From The Bible. by Nobody: 11:50am On Mar 06, 2016
Eyop:

And your increment coincidentally happened at that time and not because of payment of tithe.
hmmm why all dis attack comments and question na? What if am a robber and still pay tithe, what will you all be saying? Many student gv excuess that d dont pay tihe becos d are student bt i have shared my own part and its nw raising dust. Haba.
Re: To Tithe Or Not To Tithe: The Whole Truth From The Bible. by anthon47(m): 11:52am On Mar 06, 2016
LEGALAide:

NOT INTERESTED IN YOUR ISSUES.
Bye.
Tithe Explain in Hebrew chapter 7 in the New Testement Bro read bible, mediate and pray for more understanding before postin or conclusion

STAY BLESSED
Re: To Tithe Or Not To Tithe: The Whole Truth From The Bible. by Eyop: 11:54am On Mar 06, 2016
Manueleee:
hmmm why all dis attack comments and question na? What if am a robber and still pay tithe, what will you all be saying? Many student gv excuess that d dont pay tihe becos d are student bt i have shared my own part and its nw raising dust. Haba.

I am not attacking you and never will i do so. I am only putting it to you that your financial increase had nothing to do with tithing. It's your choice to either tithe or not to do so.
Re: To Tithe Or Not To Tithe: The Whole Truth From The Bible. by Nobody: 11:55am On Mar 06, 2016
1stCitizen:
For years as a Christian I was decieved by the devil about tithing like the OP

The devil does this by making you question how the tithe is used.I used to believe it was an old testament mandate.

Even without paying tithes things were going ok for me and I was doing well and used to console myself that I am still blessed without paying tithe.....until God opened my eyes to the devil's deceit. I saw that Christ even acknowledged it's importance.

When I started paying in full obedience I could not believe the way I leapfrogged from one level to a higher one. Favour became more abundant to me beyond my comprehension . I was like wow....why did I not obey before now.
Exactly how your pastor says it.
God doesn't bless you because you tithe.
God gives freely even to sinners alike.
All these pathetic "Christian" principles from the pit of Hell!
Re: To Tithe Or Not To Tithe: The Whole Truth From The Bible. by snailspeed: 11:56am On Mar 06, 2016
anthon47:

Tithe Explain in Hebrew chapter 7 in the New Testement Bro read bible, mediate and pray for more understanding before postin or conclusion

STAY BLESSED

Hebrews chapter 7 does not say we should tithe

1 Like 1 Share

Re: To Tithe Or Not To Tithe: The Whole Truth From The Bible. by Nobody: 11:59am On Mar 06, 2016
sarutobie:

You my friend is going in circles.. According to your third point , What exactly is your point? Someone gives 10% wholeheartedly and the other gives half his belongings wholeheartedly, no coercion whatsoever..so what then is all the vituperation? OK maybe we should scrap the name "tithe"and start giving half of our belongings monthly like the early Christians did..will that make you happy then?
THE POINT IS THAT your pastor made it compulsory, as a matter of heaven or Hell, that you must tithe!
Re: To Tithe Or Not To Tithe: The Whole Truth From The Bible. by Nobody: 11:59am On Mar 06, 2016
Eyop:

I am not attacking you and never will i do so. I am only putting it to you that your financial increase had nothing to do with tithing. It's your choice to either tithe or not to do so.
sorry for putin that comment by quoting you. Ur comments was differnt from odas sha. Sum1 even taged poor christain for wot? Odas was typing all sort of tin.
Re: To Tithe Or Not To Tithe: The Whole Truth From The Bible. by Nobody: 12:01pm On Mar 06, 2016
Eat your tithe if you feel that your life depends on it. I detest when folks argue Scriptural principles by applying logic and reasoning. People will always postulate and explain why they are right to do or not to do certain things. Unfortunately Heaven doesn't employ the services of scholars like other religions to spread HIS Word, rather HE employs the least in the society.
Re: To Tithe Or Not To Tithe: The Whole Truth From The Bible. by Nobody: 12:02pm On Mar 06, 2016
Immorttal:
This article is just spot-on but gullible people would always be gullible.
YOU'RE BLESSED!
Re: To Tithe Or Not To Tithe: The Whole Truth From The Bible. by Nobody: 12:03pm On Mar 06, 2016
1stCitizen:
Satan is really fighting hard on social media. Be vigilant bethren about what you read on social media.

This thread was opened by the devil himself although the OP is claiming credit for it. grin
HELLO LUCIFER! grin
Re: To Tithe Or Not To Tithe: The Whole Truth From The Bible. by Btruth: 12:04pm On Mar 06, 2016
Manueleee:
That's one hypocritical thing that I've seen many of our brothers & sisters in the Lord doing. Imagine a businessman who is owing a lot of his staff and people that supplies him, and he kept promising them to always come back for the payment, and yet going to church to pay his tithe and first Sunday offering. Same goes for all our leaders in the government too. You don't embezzled money from your place of work, and you are make and offering not to talk of tithe of it to the church and you expect God to honour that.

I just so much tired for our ways of worship and giving offerings in the church all in the name of show off. And yet, pastors and ministers of God will continue telling you that the only way to your prosperity is by giving, giving and giving.

No wonder, too many churches in our society today with too many congratulations, but alas! see what our society has turn into today.

We are continuously living on deceits and lies. God have mercy on our land.

1 Like

Re: To Tithe Or Not To Tithe: The Whole Truth From The Bible. by Nobody: 12:04pm On Mar 06, 2016
snailspeed:

When you say you have witnessed the benefits, I find it funny.

Are you saying unbelievers who dont pay tithe dont get financial increase. Do you know the richest men in the world are not Christians? People make millions and billions everyday without paying tithe. God does not need people to pay tithe before He blesses them
You're blessed.
Re: To Tithe Or Not To Tithe: The Whole Truth From The Bible. by Nobody: 12:06pm On Mar 06, 2016
sarutobie:

OK I have a solution.. How about we stop using the name " tithing"..we stop giving a paltry 10%..(since you say Christ didn't tell us to give tithes and the early Christians and apostles didn't either)...instead, we will be giving half our belongings and in some cases all our fruits just like Christ commanded and just like the early Christians did...are you with me? grin
it appears you read the post upside down.
The point is that pastors make us believe that "if you don't tithe you go to Hell".
Re: To Tithe Or Not To Tithe: The Whole Truth From The Bible. by Eyop: 12:09pm On Mar 06, 2016
LEGALAide:

it appears you read the post upside down.
The point is that pastors make us believe that "if you don't tithe you go to Hell".

AND...

If you don't pay, your finances will be tight

If you don't pay, you are robbing God

If you don't pay, you will never experience financial prosperity.

Etc...

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: To Tithe Or Not To Tithe: The Whole Truth From The Bible. by Nobody: 12:12pm On Mar 06, 2016
Btruth:
That's one hypocritical thing that I've seen many of our brothers & sisters in the Lord doing. Imagine a business who is owing a lot of his staff and people that supplies him, and he kept promising them to always come back for the payment, and yet going to church to pay his tithe and first Sunday offering. Same goes for all our leaders in the government too. You don't embezzled money from your place of work, and you are make and offering not to talk of tithe of it to the church and you expect God to honour that.

I just so much tired for our ways of worship and giving offerings in the church all in the name of show off. And yet, pastors and ministers of God will continue telling you that the only way to your prosperity is by giving, giving and giving.

No wonder, too many churches in our society today with too many congratulations, but alas! see what our society has turn into today.

We are continuously living on deceits and lies. God have mercy on our land.
you are right, but are u advicing stingness or wot? I stood up, secretly i aproched God and attach it with a seed and it worked. Go to church, dont u eva give offery, dont pay tithe, dont support any group. Take ur money and eat alon.
Re: To Tithe Or Not To Tithe: The Whole Truth From The Bible. by ChoCandyDiamond(f): 12:14pm On Mar 06, 2016
Tithing is just design by pentecostal church pastors to enrich their pocket, buying fleet of private jets,expensive cars and building mansions while the poor members have nothing,they take away this money from them and use it to build universities and children of those that paid for it cannot afford to attend the school, the children of politicians that don't know where church is located to talk of paying tithe are the one attending the schools

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: To Tithe Or Not To Tithe: The Whole Truth From The Bible. by Nobody: 12:15pm On Mar 06, 2016
Manueleee:
Rich christain i belive in giving. When i give, i recive and it works for me that way.
do you have to tithe in order to get an increase?
The answer is no.
Moreso is tithing the only way you give?
I'm afraid not.
Well, even atheists do well in business.
Prosperity is a function of properly channeled economic principles!
Good is the author of these principles.
Finally, God gives to all irrespective of whether you give or not!

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: To Tithe Or Not To Tithe: The Whole Truth From The Bible. by kingdenny(m): 12:17pm On Mar 06, 2016
Thanks for the write up @ Op u answered a lot of questions bothering me

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: To Tithe Or Not To Tithe: The Whole Truth From The Bible. by Nobody: 12:18pm On Mar 06, 2016
seunmsg:

Preaching the gospel is all about exposing the truth. It is the responsibility of all true Christians to seek the truth and share it with other brethren. The OP has done his part in preaching the hidden truth that pastors always shy away from preaching, we should commend him for this. You can only have a problem with OP's message if you are a beneficiary of the tithe scam.
you're blessed!
Re: To Tithe Or Not To Tithe: The Whole Truth From The Bible. by Nobody: 12:20pm On Mar 06, 2016
Rollingdice:
Thanks for this piece
YOU'RE WELCOME.
Re: To Tithe Or Not To Tithe: The Whole Truth From The Bible. by Obiwannn: 12:20pm On Mar 06, 2016
leofab:
so why didn't the church reject all he had given and accept 10% of his life?? Giving shouldn't be compulsory; giving should be done willingly and not the other way round.. The worst of it, is the "First Fruit" nonsense.. I should give all my monthly earning to the pastor to service his affluent life style.. God is not a begger and can never be.. All he need is for you acknowledge him and love your neighbor as yourself
But nobody dey force you now
What you people fail to understand is that giving with grudges is even worse than not giving at all. So better hold on to your 10percent.
Re: To Tithe Or Not To Tithe: The Whole Truth From The Bible. by Obiwannn: 12:23pm On Mar 06, 2016
LEGALAide:

do you have to tithe in order to get an increase?
The answer is no.
Moreso is tithing the only way you give?
I'm afraid not.
Well, even atheists do well in business.
Prosperity is a function of properly channeled economic principles!
Good is the author of these principles.
Finally, God gives to all irrespective of whether you give or not!
OP what exactly is your point?
Yes I can pay tithe to the church, Yes I can use my tithe to help the needy... And again it's not by force. If I believe in tithing and choose to pay tithe because it works for me, and you choose not to because you don't believe in it.. So kini big deal?

You forget that Christianity no be by force.
Re: To Tithe Or Not To Tithe: The Whole Truth From The Bible. by Nobody: 12:26pm On Mar 06, 2016
erekoshe:
Tithing is personal its between me and God.as much as salvation is personal..

That being said, I believe in tithes,but there are more important things... Leaving a righteous life is Paramount, taking care of the needy around you is equally important..

When Jesus accused the pharisees on how they tithe and leave other things undone, he said "these ought ye to have done and not to leave the others undone.."

That being said, I shall listen to no false prophet on nairaland telling me not to pay my tithe, its my earning and I pay out of it, not yours. BTW, I'll rather take it to Gods Housr than to the poot, I'll give the poor what I will and not my tithe.

Its Sunday, a lot of people are living in sin, the harvest is ready, the fields are green and our false pastors are either emphasizing on why you should or should not pay tithes. God have mercy!
You're blessed.
Re: To Tithe Or Not To Tithe: The Whole Truth From The Bible. by Nobody: 12:28pm On Mar 06, 2016
1stCitizen:

Agreed that the question is simple..but equally a foolish one as well. Was tithing meant for only the Pharisees in the old testament

The good news is even if you allow the devil to push you to open a blog dedicated to anti-tithing....it will not stop those of us already paying from paying our tithes.

Praise the Lord. grin
Well then, there is no accounting for taste.
Good luck.
Re: To Tithe Or Not To Tithe: The Whole Truth From The Bible. by Btruth: 12:32pm On Mar 06, 2016
Manueleee:
you are right, but are u advicing stingness or wot? I stood up, secretly i aproched God and attach it with a seed and it worked. Go to church, dont u eva give offery, dont pay tithe, dont support any group. Take ur money and eat alon.
No oooo. I'm not in support of not giving ooo. If we don't do that, how do we maintain the house of God? Just talking about the hypocritical side of it nii ooo. cheesy
Re: To Tithe Or Not To Tithe: The Whole Truth From The Bible. by salegella: 12:32pm On Mar 06, 2016
Tallesty1:
Tithing is a christianized Yahoo Yahoo business. Simple.

A pastor who owns lands, schools and fleet of cars will ask someone earning below the minimum wage to bring 10% of his salary so that God will bless him and the Educated idiot will do it.

If eventually he gets salary increase he will say it is because he tithed, how about none tithers and unbelievers that are most times the boss?

Jesus is now the high priest and where there's a change in priesthood, there's equally a change in the law. The law of tithing passed away when the law of feeding the hungry, the poor, helping the needy, widows etc was established.

I don't serve a broke god that needs to invest 10% of my money in what I don't even know and then give me whatever he gains.

I serve a living God who meets all my needs according his riches in glory by Christ.
CHRISTIANITY = BUSINESS TRANSACTION
Re: To Tithe Or Not To Tithe: The Whole Truth From The Bible. by Kenistry(m): 12:33pm On Mar 06, 2016
LEGALAide:

Jesus did not abolish the law (tithing).
He fulfilled it by, not just by giving a tenth of what he had, but by giving all he had - his life!
Christ fulfilled d law but after His death and resurrection, a new covenant is established and the old covenant(law) abolished.
So d law is abolished both tithes, burnt offerings, stoning of adulterers, cutting of beards etc. read romans 7 and 8 for more

1 Like 1 Share

Re: To Tithe Or Not To Tithe: The Whole Truth From The Bible. by ChoCandyDiamond(f): 12:34pm On Mar 06, 2016
That is why I like Catholic Church [/b]they always stand on the truth,they dont need your money desparetely,Catholic church will tell you that tithing is by choice not by force,[b]that if you want to pay your tithe that God will bless you for giving and if you dont pay, no problem just go about doing good and helping the needy that God will also bless you. They emphasize that tithing is not a priority in Christianity that St Paul in the book of Hebrew made it clear that the children of Israel pay tithe according the Law when Jesus Christ came the old law have to be abolished for new order of priesthood in the order of melchizedec not in the order of Aron which involve tithing,killing of Animals for sacrifice and so on,that in the New testament of the Bible , [b]you will not see any command from all apostles and even Jesus himself telling the early Christians to pay tithe because the old law in order of Aron priesthood has pass away to usher in a new order of priesthood

1 Like 1 Share

Re: To Tithe Or Not To Tithe: The Whole Truth From The Bible. by james2man: 12:35pm On Mar 06, 2016
As a christian (follower of Jesus Christ) we should ask ourselves these questions.
1. Was it written anywhere in the bible where Jesus instruct his disciples to pay him or any priest tithe?
2. Throughout the time of jesus christ on earth preaching the gospel from city to city, was there any record about him asking for tithe from his followers?
if we can find answers to these questions we will have the right answer to tithe issue. I have read a lot of comments, some argued that jesus didnt abolish the old laws, but they forgot that he made corrections to some old laws. A good example is the story of the adulterous woman who was suppose to be stone death and other numerous cases. For the true christian (follower of Jesus christ) who already have right answer to the above questions, have the answer to tithe issue. No further arguement.

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (18) (Reply)

Bishop Oyedepo Says Ladies Attitude Today Is Why Marriages Are Failing Much. / Coronavirus: Dominion City Lagos Shares Food Items Due To COVID-19 Lockdown / Pastor Adeboye Reacts To Coza’s Rape Saga

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.