Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,522 members, 7,816,277 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:40 AM

4 Ways Parents Unknowingly Push Their Children Away From God. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 4 Ways Parents Unknowingly Push Their Children Away From God. (22858 Views)

Lady Sent Away From Church In Onitsha For Wearing This Dress (Photos) / Gloria And Mike Bamiloye, Their Children, Damilola, Joshua & Gift Bamiloye Photo / Mike And Gloria Bamiloye Pictured With Their Children (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 4 Ways Parents Unknowingly Push Their Children Away From God. by Les: 2:01pm On Mar 11, 2018
donsamtex:
Getting whipped by my dad whenever I skipped church made grow away from church. I hate it
that's it. Would things have been different if you discovered Christ by yourself? The answer is yes! Just say a little prayer now genuinely asking God to reveal Himself to you and watch what will happen to you! It's a kinda personal decision, OK?

2 Likes

Re: 4 Ways Parents Unknowingly Push Their Children Away From God. by donnie(m): 2:03pm On Mar 11, 2018
I remember growing up as a Christian. There was this you guy I was encouraging in the things of God. His mum once asked me what church I attend, when I told her Christ Embassy, she said her son, who had once attended, should not join me to church because in her own words, "that church spoils the children".

Obviously, she had issues with ladies wearing trousers and even makeup as her church forbade such. Meanwhile, i knew the various issues her son was fighting with which we had begun to deal with through God's Word.

Well, i left her son and moved on. If parents know what's good for their kids, they will encourage them to serve God as young poeple should in places like BLW.

Many of such kids get pushed to the point where they detest anything "God".
Re: 4 Ways Parents Unknowingly Push Their Children Away From God. by joyndidi: 5:21pm On Mar 11, 2018
Number 2 is so my mum.
Re: 4 Ways Parents Unknowingly Push Their Children Away From God. by Precious111(f): 6:50pm On Mar 11, 2018
OP God bless you for this,
I reason so much with your points I remember those daysz in the boarding house. Our CHAPLAIN then tried forcing us to serve God. To dance was by force. If you don't dance trouble, it was that worse. The truth was it Drew people more away from God.

I remember Mum tried to force me to go to church with her last year or thereabout. Well I started attending but I just werent blessed in any of those services I just went there to count attendance, then I later discovered another place I loved So much And I so blessed the first day I stepped my foot there. I had to talk to Mum and then she let me be, though one or two times she tries to talk me into attending with her.

The thing is That Force of a thing makes a child live a fake life
Re: 4 Ways Parents Unknowingly Push Their Children Away From God. by SAMBARRY: 7:01pm On Mar 11, 2018
Crowny11:

who told u d Jehovah witness don't force their kids
no freedom of anything in that their hall o
you must follow the rule dat it
not when the kids are grown
Re: 4 Ways Parents Unknowingly Push Their Children Away From God. by SAMBARRY: 7:08pm On Mar 11, 2018
etrange:

You obviously cannot engage in a logical discussion.

See Sambarry's response to the same question I asked you. Compare it with yours above and see how intellectually deprived yours is. You simply were not able to communicate.

What you're saying in essence is that parents should do the little they could why they pray to God to do the rest? Now, that's more encouraging than the guy above who made it sound like the parents have no role than to sit and pray.
parents can advise,encourage ,,convince, persuade,not force,yell,threaten or curse.even Jesus didn't force or threaten people to WORSHIP him.he went about preaching to those who were willing to listen.he convinced and preached lovingly.Moreover in the bible it is stated ANYONE WHO MUST WORSHIP ME MUST WORSHIP ME IN SPIRIT AND IN TRUTH not out of fear of punishment or trying to satisfy or impress your parents but in SPIRIT AND IN TRUTH I.e must be done with genuiness and wholeheartedly
Re: 4 Ways Parents Unknowingly Push Their Children Away From God. by SAMBARRY: 7:25pm On Mar 11, 2018
Precious111:
OP God bless you for this,
I reason so much with your points I remember those daysz in the boarding house. Our CHAPLAIN then tried forcing us to serve God. To dance was by force. If you don't dance trouble, it was that worse. The truth was it Drew people more away from God.

I remember Mum tried to force me to go to church with her last year or thereabout. Well I started attending but I just werent blessed in any of those services I just went there to count attendance, then I later discovered another place I loved So much And I so blessed the first day I stepped my foot there. I had to talk to Mum and then she let me be, though one or two times she tries to talk me into attending with her.

The thing is That Force of a thing makes a child live a fake life
you now wonder why many of these private university graduates who were coerced to church now engage in debauchery,smoking weed,shisha,engaging in reckless sex etc once they smell freedom outside their homes and the confines of a religious school?it's just a handful of them that are genuine Christians in THE real sense of the word

Go and see the wonders awon omo covenant,babcock,Bowen and all these religious schools are doing in quilox
Re: 4 Ways Parents Unknowingly Push Their Children Away From God. by Precious111(f): 7:29pm On Mar 11, 2018
SAMBARRY:
you now wonder why many of these private university graduates who were coerced to church now engage in debauchery,smoking weed,shisha,engaging in reckless sex etc once they smell freedom outside their homes and the confines of a religious school?it's just a handful of them that are genuine Christians in THE real sense of the word

Go and see the wonders awon omo covenant,babcock,Bowen and all these religious schools are doing in quilox

I tell you
Those Christain Private schools are so worse that you will wonder what happened to these ones.
Re: 4 Ways Parents Unknowingly Push Their Children Away From God. by SAMBARRY: 8:02pm On Mar 11, 2018
Precious111:

I tell you
Those Christain Private schools are so worse that you will wonder what happened to these ones.
that's the point

COERCION DOES THE DIRECT OPPOSITE OF YOUR AIM

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 4 Ways Parents Unknowingly Push Their Children Away From God. by knightsTempler: 9:50pm On Mar 11, 2018
SAMBARRY, you are so on point on all your post concerning this subject matter. I can relate with all all you have said.

I was pushed away from church bcuz of my dad, anytime i skipped church or church related activities, the kind of beating i received from him is unquantifiable and i’m not exaggerating. You can imagine the beating from a military officer, my dad was in the army. One day, i said enough is enough, the beating nearly turned to confrontation between dad and son, it was only the intervention of my mom and personal restraint. Not only that it ‘d drove me away from church, it also drove me away from home for 6yrs. I wonder why some parents think they can force their ward to do their bidding, IMO the church thing should be of free will and not coercion or threat.

2 Likes

Re: 4 Ways Parents Unknowingly Push Their Children Away From God. by SAMBARRY: 6:27am On Mar 12, 2018
knightsTempler:
SAMBARRY, you are so on point on all your post concerning this subject matter. I can relate with all all you have said.

I was pushed away from church bcuz of my dad, anytime i skipped church or church related activities, the kind of beating i received from him is unquantifiable and i’m not exaggerating. You can imagine the beating from a military officer, my dad was in the army. One day, i said enough is enough, the beating nearly turned to confrontation between dad and son, it was only the intervention of my mom and personal restraint. Not only that it drove church, it is drove me away from home for 6yrs. I wonder why some parents think they can force their ward to do their bidding, IMO the church thing should be of free will and not coercion or threat.
I experienced something similar.popsi Carry church matter for head like gala.every Saturday and Sunday he must coerce me to church.in primary school it was COERCION that was employed every Saturday to go for choir practice for Sunday performance.in secondary school he coerced me to be in sanitation group.na church toilets I clean taya.I will fetch water from the well.the day I didn't go because I was tired and needed to rest,see beating.the man carried cane to flog me and so I eventually went,the next Saturday Instead of going to church,I went to a friend's place to while away time.the sanitation leader reported to my dad.the man brought out cane again,this time I was not going to have it because I was already pushed to the wall.you know the kind of violence and rage that posseses a child when he gets beaten at every slightest thing and now he's ready to fight back and damn the consequences?

Na so my body strong and my eye red,READY for defense and attack.as soon as he brought out his cane,I was waiting for hiM to strike and I tried snatching the cane,he swerved his hands away,na so I pushed him and he hit his head on the fridge,all the bournvita and sugar fell on him.he lost his balance immediately.he eventually stood up himself and left.even me myself didn't realise how strong I was.the rage in me wasn't even making me see that's my dad,he didn't even look like my dad,he looked like an attacker.

After then he doesn't even invite me to church under compulsion and meanwhile when you coerce children to do anything through manipulation,emotional abuse and threats,it is called provoking your children to wrath.it's in the bible in Ephesians.the day that child gets to his endurance limits,he will become a terror and no longer a mouldable child even as an adult.you loose the powers you have over him to tell hiM what to do

3 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (Reply)

Anja Ringgren Loven Rescues Another Child Abandoned In Akwa Ibom / Pastor Adeboye Celebrates Mike Bamiloye 61st Birthday, Lists Filmmaker's Movies / Artist Draws Apostle Suleman & His Wife, Gives Him As Gift In Umuahia (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.