Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,396 members, 7,836,595 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:22 AM

President Buhari Vindicates Barcanista By Abandoning N5k/month Social Benefit - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Buhari Vindicates Barcanista By Abandoning N5k/month Social Benefit (21340 Views)

Ex-ministers Angry With Jonathan For ‘abandoning’ Them With EFCC / Chibok Girls Rescue: Omokri Mocks Lai Mohammed & El-rufai As UK Vindicates GEJ / Boko Haram Terrorists On The Run Abandoning Foodstuffs And Vehicles (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Buhari Vindicates Barcanista By Abandoning N5k/month Social Benefit by LieDetector(m): 1:24pm On Feb 28, 2016
This tonyebarcanista should f*ckin take several seats back. It's absurd how you hold yourself on the high when it comes to issues pertaining to national development. Need I remind you that you are a renowned wailer and only newbies on here would consider engaging you and your foolish articles whose aim is to malign and paint a bad light of every policy put forward by this government for the betterment of Nigerians at large. Your case is simply that of mind boggling idiocy.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Vindicates Barcanista By Abandoning N5k/month Social Benefit by TonyeBarcanista(m): 1:51pm On Feb 28, 2016
Progressive01:
Church. Brb.

Edit:

From the word go, I've criticised that policy because I believe there are better things that could be done with such huge amount of money and its unsustainability.

I was all for redeployment of such funds into tangible youth empowerment programs like skills acquisition through the creation of vocational centres and soft loans for start-ups.

Giving a meagre 5k to a Nigerian youth today is just like giving candy to a 5year old- they'd blow it on booze in two seconds.

Can't find the post where I made those remarks but I've always been very critical of the initiative and I couldn't feel happier Baba is looking at other ways to apply the funds.

That said, I don't understand the essence of this thread oo Bros- to grease your ego or what exactly?? Oh, I shouldn't have said that sha cos I remember I'm guilty of doing such in the past. Made an analysis of some political manoeuvres of Jonathan back then and in a couple of days, the New York Times published an article that appeared as though they had read my post on the forum. cheesy

But you sha- your OT na die. Berra make up your mind where you belong oo.

It has always been my position that APC wasn't sincere with the manner they captured power.
Re: President Buhari Vindicates Barcanista By Abandoning N5k/month Social Benefit by Progressive01(m): 2:14pm On Feb 28, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

It has always been my position that APC wasn't sincere with the manner they captured power.
Speak truth to your conscience Barca. It is called politics. If APC played it better than PDP and reaped the rewards, don't get mad at them, refine your game. Simple.

What exactly is "sincerity" in "capturing power"?? Was Jo or PDP sincere in the way they kept power for 16years?? How many articles did you or any PDP supporters write about the second Niger bridge?? Has it been completed?? To what extent was work done before Jo's departure?? How many promises did he fulfil before he left? Why was he seeking re-election when he didn't accomplish any of the things he specifically promised he would between 2011-2015?? Where are the factories in each state?? Where are the refineries?? Where are the state of the art hospitals?? Where are the roads??

Haba, make we dey tell ourselves the truth sometimes.

We should be happy the N5000 stuff is being reviewed. Would have amounted to waste of epic proportions.

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari Vindicates Barcanista By Abandoning N5k/month Social Benefit by Paperwhite(m): 2:33pm On Feb 28, 2016
mynd1:
Speechless.
Don't be speechless.Defend your hero dear.Guess you've been waiting desperately for the stipend?
Re: President Buhari Vindicates Barcanista By Abandoning N5k/month Social Benefit by Paperwhite(m): 2:36pm On Feb 28, 2016
LieDetector:
This tonyebarcanista should f*ckin take several seats back. It's absurd how you hold yourself on the high when it comes to issues pertaining to national development. Need I remind you that you are a renowned wailer and only newbies on here would consider engaging you and your foolish articles whose aim is to malign and paint a bad light of every policy put forward by this government for the betterment of Nigerians at large. Your case is simply that of mind boggling idiocy.
Take this your lie to your fellow zombies.He is entitle to his opinion which must not be according to your whims & caprices.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Vindicates Barcanista By Abandoning N5k/month Social Benefit by MzPecs(f): 2:37pm On Feb 28, 2016
LieDetector:
undecided undecided Hmmmmmm
Re: President Buhari Vindicates Barcanista By Abandoning N5k/month Social Benefit by YourMrBoo: 2:52pm On Feb 28, 2016
DMerciful:
To be sincere, a state where the populace have basic electoral knowledge, it will be difficult to scam them with frivolous and unrealistic promises like these but in Nigeria the masses lack basic electoral knowledge! Else they would have vehemently asked how these promises will be fulfilled but instead they even accepted nepabill as certificate. Enjoy your change but painfully I was dragged along undecided

(Modify) (Quote) (Report) (like) 1,00000000000 (Share) 1,00000000000
Re: President Buhari Vindicates Barcanista By Abandoning N5k/month Social Benefit by Firefire(m): 3:11pm On Feb 28, 2016
APC, Party of professional liars and career propagandist.

We warned Nigerians to be careful of the lying party. cheesy

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Buhari Vindicates Barcanista By Abandoning N5k/month Social Benefit by anonimi: 3:13pm On Feb 28, 2016
MyMouth:
Barca doing all he can to catch the attention of the new PDP chairman!

....and he stopped you from using your own brain productively to uplift your society abi
SMH for empty aprokos. angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Vindicates Barcanista By Abandoning N5k/month Social Benefit by Nobody: 3:14pm On Feb 28, 2016
What type of human would believe that nonsense?

What type of human being would advocate for N5k in this present economy?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Vindicates Barcanista By Abandoning N5k/month Social Benefit by anonimi: 3:15pm On Feb 28, 2016
sdindan:
Promise and fail is corruption.

Buhari should live by example

So much for the incorruptible incorrigible man of integrity. sad

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3340066_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3041343_resize_jpeg_jpeg384963ae8ea3da4721c0ff0a90d0291d

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Buhari Vindicates Barcanista By Abandoning N5k/month Social Benefit by Justinah4real(f): 3:16pm On Feb 28, 2016
Jokerman:
Looools... Presidiot buhari sef... he has denied d very last campaign promise... ds is unfair o... He doesn't ve money to pay the very poorest pple buh d fucker has money to travel to pray to an Idol... lols...
However its like Barcanista is nw receiving his egunje from PDP again....
Re: President Buhari Vindicates Barcanista By Abandoning N5k/month Social Benefit by anonimi: 3:16pm On Feb 28, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
After penning the first article(above) I was not only insulted by some Buhari die-hards on that thread, but a prominent Buharist(Obiagelli) and her group created a "counter thread" with intent of justifying the so-called program. This forced me to spend my precious time to present another view on the subject (below).

I think you should find that counter thread and post the OP here for reference and comparison.
Cheers.
Re: President Buhari Vindicates Barcanista By Abandoning N5k/month Social Benefit by banmee(m): 3:18pm On Feb 28, 2016
emzila:
Looking At Buhari's Proposal
With Buhari's proposed N1.89tr Social program, it
invariably means an additional N1.89trn will be
added to the projected deficit of N1.29 trn ie
N3.187trn if he is to go ahead with paying of
N5000 to 25 million unemployed annually, from
where will he be able to make up the HUGE
deficit?.

THE SO CALLED BARCANISTA IS A BIG JOKER.
any reasonable JSS3 student will not find it difficult to understand that the deficit of 2015 and 2016, aside the social program can never be of the same. any reasonable Nigerian who is not alien to d recent developments would have understand that even if 2015 and 2016 budgets are as stated by barcanista, the budget deficit will not be 3.187trn considering the various sources of revenue by the new administration eg, the TSA which brings about 2trn into the new yr budget, the stamp duty, the increase custom revenue report etc. barcanista has just put up organized pieces of rubbish for the gullibles.

further more, teacher barcanista don't even understand that the social security program is not the function of 2015 budget but 2016 budget and until the budget is passed, one cannot clearly say that the president has failed in his promise.

Seriously? Let's forget the economic jargon for a moment and analyze this with common sense. We have/had governments who have had problems paying salaries, providing infrastructure, and completely imbedded in corruption and you expect there to be funds to make happen a social project of this magnitude? Haba bros. To make it worse, the government does not even know who lives on one street in Nigeria and you expect them to be able to identify who benefits from the program and who does not. Nigerians don't think at all.
Re: President Buhari Vindicates Barcanista By Abandoning N5k/month Social Benefit by anonimi: 3:21pm On Feb 28, 2016
Jokerman:
Looools... Presidiot buhari sef... he has denied d very last campaign promise... ds is unfair o... He doesn't ve money to pay the very poorest pple buh d fucker has money to travel to pray to an Idol... lols...
However its like Barcanista is nw receiving his egunje from PDP again....

So anyone who is engaged in democratic discourse and shares his opinion on how things should get better is receiving egunje from a political party, right?
Yet, you complain about corruption that the politicians use to pay such egunje, nor be so?
You obviously do not know what you are talking about and its wide implications.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3084794_DumbPeople_jpg287f2b4d3ead2f536f99f92cbca9c590

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2174510_nigeriansmobmentality_jpegd710c25fa577a4f0fb35da579ff1eb3d

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Buhari Vindicates Barcanista By Abandoning N5k/month Social Benefit by blackpriest0911: 3:22pm On Feb 28, 2016
Certified wailer
Re: President Buhari Vindicates Barcanista By Abandoning N5k/month Social Benefit by banmee(m): 3:26pm On Feb 28, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

Seriously? They captured power by doing what every politician does in the world. They captured power by doing what Donald Trump is doing right now in America. They told Nigerians what they want to hear and gullible Nigerians deservedly got what was due them. The only difference between Nigeria and the U.S is, in the USA, they ask questions. Nigerians don't. Did you watch the last debate where Marco Rubio tore Donald Trump a new one by confronting him with questions about how he was going to make all his promises come true. For the first time in the primaries, Trump is on the ropes. In Nigeria, it's citizen completely believe whatever the candidates promise them and cry when they fail to deliver. Instead of blaming the politicians, they should be blaming their own s.tupidity for their woes.
Re: President Buhari Vindicates Barcanista By Abandoning N5k/month Social Benefit by Nobody: 3:26pm On Feb 28, 2016
sdindan:
Promise and fail is corruption.

Buhari should live by example
Take heart
Re: President Buhari Vindicates Barcanista By Abandoning N5k/month Social Benefit by fearless2014: 3:27pm On Feb 28, 2016
LieDetector:

Liar !

1 Like 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Vindicates Barcanista By Abandoning N5k/month Social Benefit by keypad1: 3:27pm On Feb 28, 2016
DMerciful:
To be sincere, a state where the populace have basic electoral knowledge, it will be difficult to scam them with frivolous and unrealistic promises like these but in Nigeria the masses lack basic electoral knowledge! Else they would have vehemently asked how these promises will be fulfilled but instead they even accepted nepabill as certificate. Enjoy your change but painfully I was dragged along undecided
i saw ur thread last year. You will be better president than that presidiot kunu drinking illiterate.

And shame to the yoruba people despite their education they still allow a dullllard to deceive them.
Re: President Buhari Vindicates Barcanista By Abandoning N5k/month Social Benefit by louiskay(m): 3:30pm On Feb 28, 2016
TonyeBarcanista

Signature: Let's Join Hands To Rebuild PDP, it is our
collective responsibility|| My Loyalty Remains to Nigeria
State, Niger Delta and Ijaw Nation

if this is who you really are then, please its better you start writing on how to modify PDp or you start disturbing Nl with your prejudicial and sentimental write up about APC... Gej and PDP has in many various ways destroyed and sabotage our economy.... please stop goofing over here and quite misinforming people also. pot shouldn't call kettle black.
Re: President Buhari Vindicates Barcanista By Abandoning N5k/month Social Benefit by 9jatatafo(m): 3:37pm On Feb 28, 2016
The truth is that right from when Nigerians started ruling themselves after independence, our polithiefcians sorry politicians always build castles in the air for us by deceiving us with hopeless and unrealistic manifestos. I do not trust anyone of them anymore so I am not surprised that APC led government did same. I just pity those gaullible Nigerians who has false hope without facing reality on ground. Once upon a time we were told that the year 1990 there will be food for all, constant electricity, good roads, schools and what have you. We hoped and 1990 came and passed and it was OYO! Then the year 2000, they promised us housing for all, good roads, food for all, employment and what have you. Still big story. Then came 2010 same old story. Again the politicians came with vision 2020! It is all wash!!!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: President Buhari Vindicates Barcanista By Abandoning N5k/month Social Benefit by fitinwell: 3:39pm On Feb 28, 2016
[size=18pt]APC... I HAVE NOT SEEN.. ANY CHANGE OO.. D ONLY CHANGE I SAW WAS DIRECTLY OPPOSITE TO YOUR MANIFESTO.. OGA BUHARI.. IF LIE MUHAMMAD IS YOUR PERSONAL ADVICER DEN THERE IS PROBLEM[/size]
Re: President Buhari Vindicates Barcanista By Abandoning N5k/month Social Benefit by AbleGodAlways: 3:46pm On Feb 28, 2016
Was Buhari breathing tru his Willie when he was making the promise or he didn't know about agriculture then. Ndi ara

Meanwhile op you dey alway make sense, keep it up. I salute ooòooooo
Re: President Buhari Vindicates Barcanista By Abandoning N5k/month Social Benefit by Spybradd: 3:48pm On Feb 28, 2016
oduastates:
Ideas floated during a campaign does not necessarily mean policy.
It gives you a window into the campaign's priorities and gauge their engagement.
While some are realistic, others are not . A direct welfare program is destined to fail because we simply lack the mechanism and institutions to make them succeed. Starting from a database of who is unemployed to ghost recipients . Even Countries with advanced institutions have welfare policies that are plagued by fraud.
Also in a country with so many people with a sense of entitlement and very few taxpayers, you can expect civil disobedience if the government ever became incapable of paying the money after starting the program.

its appalling that u and the likes of ademega or is it ademaga will go this shameless length in defence of failure simply cos ur oozing pride wont allow u admit ur monumental mistakes. Clap for urself..

*Pls if u gat any iota of dignity, provide answer to jamjo's question.
Re: President Buhari Vindicates Barcanista By Abandoning N5k/month Social Benefit by jamjo: 3:48pm On Feb 28, 2016
oduastates:
It gives you a window into the campaign's priorities and gauge their engagement.
While some are realistic, others are not . A direct welfare program is destined to fail because we simply lack the mechanism and institutions to make them succeed. Starting from a database of who is unemployed to ghost recipients . Even Countries with advanced institutions have welfare policies that are plagued by fraud.
Also in a country with so many people with a sense of entitlement and very few taxpayers, you can expect civil disobedience if the government ever became incapable of paying the money after starting the program.

I'm not PDP nor APC but if all you just explained was already known to APC why going ahead with the promise, why deceive the electorate .
Re: President Buhari Vindicates Barcanista By Abandoning N5k/month Social Benefit by emymeeky: 3:49pm On Feb 28, 2016
emzila:
Looking At Buhari's Proposal
With Buhari's proposed N1.89tr Social program, it
invariably means an additional N1.89trn will be
added to the projected deficit of N1.29 trn ie
N3.187trn if he is to go ahead with paying of
N5000 to 25 million unemployed annually, from
where will he be able to make up the HUGE
deficit?.

THE SO CALLED BARCANISTA IS A BIG JOKER.
any reasonable JSS3 student will not find it difficult to understand that the deficit of 2015 and 2016, aside the social program can never be of the same. any reasonable Nigerian who is not alien to d recent developments would have understand that even if 2015 and 2016 budgets are as stated by barcanista, the budget deficit will not be 3.187trn considering the various sources of revenue by the new administration eg, the TSA which brings about 2trn into the new yr budget, the stamp duty, the increase custom revenue report etc. barcanista has just put up organized pieces of rubbish for the gullibles.

further more, teacher barcanista don't even understand that the social security program is not the function of 2015 budget but 2016 budget and [b] until the budget is passed, one cannot clearly say that the president has failed in his promise. [/b[

@ Bolded . even with facts , ( https://www.nairaland.com/2960600/buhari-n5000-payment-unemployed-youth ) you confirm the general assertion of "Zombie"
Re: President Buhari Vindicates Barcanista By Abandoning N5k/month Social Benefit by Durinsday: 3:54pm On Feb 28, 2016
oduastates:

With the knowledge of this, why then did they go ahead to scam the electorate? This simple statement from you would have been the manifesto then.
Re: President Buhari Vindicates Barcanista By Abandoning N5k/month Social Benefit by TonyeBarcanista(m): 3:55pm On Feb 28, 2016
anonimi:

I think you should find that counter thread and post the OP here for reference and comparison.
Cheers.
i posted linkk to that obiagelli thread there. see link https://www.nairaland.com/2265908/buharis-social-program-very-possible

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Vindicates Barcanista By Abandoning N5k/month Social Benefit by mistypetal: 3:59pm On Feb 28, 2016
MyMouth:
Barca doing all he can to catch the attention of the new PDP chairman!

Offpoint
Re: President Buhari Vindicates Barcanista By Abandoning N5k/month Social Benefit by TonyeBarcanista(m): 4:00pm On Feb 28, 2016
banmee:

Seriously? They captured power by doing what every politician does in the world. They captured power by doing what Donald Trump is doing right now in America. They told Nigerians what they want to hear and gullible Nigerians deservedly got what was due them. The only difference between Nigeria and the U.S is, in the USA, they ask questions. Nigerians don't. Did you watch the last debate where Marco Rubio tore Donald Trump a new one by confronting him with questions about how he was going to make all his promises come true. For the first time in the primaries, Trump is on the ropes. In Nigeria, it's citizen completely believe whatever the candidates promise them and cry when they fail to deliver. Instead of blaming the politicians, they should be blaming their own s.tupidity for their woes.

Do you think it is fair for a man of "integrity" that Buhari claims to be to put his followers on a false hope? Does that mean that he isn't anyway different from the average Naija politician?

Though I still agree with you on the unenlightenment of the average Nigerian elecorate

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Unpaid Kogi Workers Protest Against Yahaya Bello (Photos) / Nigerians Link Ambode’s Travails To Feud With Tinubu / ABU Students Freedom: Bashir Ahmad Deletes Tweet, Apologises To Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.