Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,210 members, 7,818,709 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:29 PM

Need Info On Concrete Pond Construction - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Need Info On Concrete Pond Construction (3846 Views)

Concrete Pond Vs Earthen Pond / My Fish Pond Construction Project In Benin City / How I Started My Earthen Pond Fish Farming In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Need Info On Concrete Pond Construction by chucks231(m): 10:15am On Feb 28, 2016
I intend constructing a concrete and block pond,my problem is do I stock immediately after construction, I fear the power of cement on d fish, if there is a treatment plan pls I need info, I asked some pple they advised on buying the water test kit, pls I need info on how to treat the water in occurrence of acidic water or basic water. help!!!
Re: Need Info On Concrete Pond Construction by Apitch(m): 8:02am On Feb 29, 2016
chucks231:
I intend constructing a concrete and block pond,my problem is do I stock immediately after construction, I fear the power of cement on d fish, if there is a treatment plan pls I need info, I asked some pple they advised on buying the water test kit, pls I need info on how to treat the water in occurrence of acidic water or basic water. help!!!
You will need to treat the pond first to neutralize the cement then fertilize it before stocking. Go to a thread titled hidden secrets on catfish business n get ur professional advice. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Need Info On Concrete Pond Construction by adexgii(m): 8:32am On Feb 29, 2016
you need to fill the pond with water first then get poultry shit in sacks, throw the tied sacks inside the water filled pond and leave it for a week. after the pond must have been polluted properly, remove the sack and wash the pond then you can now stock you fish.

1 Like

Re: Need Info On Concrete Pond Construction by GlitzG: 2:28pm On Feb 29, 2016
adexgii:
you need to fill the pond with water first then get poultry shit in sacks, throw the tied sacks inside the water filled pond and leave it for a week. after the pond must have been polluted properly, remove the sack and wash the pond then you can now stock you fish.

You can either use d chicken poo as stated above or dry grass(any grass) so d chemicals of d cement can leach on it.
Re: Need Info On Concrete Pond Construction by 123papas(m): 2:54pm On Feb 29, 2016
Cattle dung
Re: Need Info On Concrete Pond Construction by Apitch(m): 11:27pm On Feb 29, 2016
The chicken pool sack method is for fertilizing the pond, you need to wash first with lime or a chemical to get rid of the cement before the fertilization.
Daalu
Re: Need Info On Concrete Pond Construction by youngzoologist: 12:51pm On Mar 01, 2016
All well said...in addition to be in haste....just wartchout for live organisms after like three/four weeks, your pond is as good as use. Wash it thoroughly and start small.

(1) (Reply)

Starting A Poultry Parent Stock And Hatchery Business! Ask Me Anything / HELP !!! Am L Making A Big Mistake.(layers Birds) / Get Our Solar CCTV Camera To Secure Your Farm. No Electricity Needed!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.