Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,547 members, 7,812,741 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:28 PM

Must You Shout While Praying???????? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Must You Shout While Praying???????? (581 Views)

Big Pot Placed On A Pastor’s Head While Praying (Pictures) / ...just Before You Shout Happy New Year! / Buhari Told Me Why People Can’t Shout ‘Nagode Allah’ In Nigeria – Mbaka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Must You Shout While Praying???????? by inositol88(m): 11:13am On Feb 28, 2016
was just wondering!!!!!

Humans have made it seem as if God is deaf or his distance is very far from us dat we must have to shout before He can hear us.

Infact i have this neighbour who wakes in the middle of the night and begins to shout on the top of his voice in the name of praying, thereby disturbing the entire neighborhood and forcing us to compulsorily keep vigil with him after a very strenuous day from the office against our wishes

A friend once confronted him, but he ended up calling my friend a wizard who is been disturbed by prayers .

Now the disturbance is becoming too much am thinking of also confronting him, but I don't know the best approach to do dat.

Ur advice please.

BUT OH!!!!
MUST WE SHOUT WHEN PRAYING?
Re: Must You Shout While Praying???????? by EgusiSoup: 11:16am On Feb 28, 2016
Yes undecided
Re: Must You Shout While Praying???????? by ratchy: 11:17am On Feb 28, 2016
Na xtian way

1 Like

Re: Must You Shout While Praying???????? by DankemzI(m): 11:20am On Feb 28, 2016
It's pretenders that do so.
Even the bible says enter into your innermost room an Petition God. Not command undecided
Re: Must You Shout While Praying???????? by Rich4god(m): 11:20am On Feb 28, 2016
The first day I attended mountain of fire, I nearly crase... At the end of d service, someone still hv the guts to approach me and tell me that I dont knw how to pray, that my way of praying is too quite for a Christian.

2 Likes

Re: Must You Shout While Praying???????? by ChappyChase: 11:28am On Feb 28, 2016
DankemzI:
It's pretenders that do so.
Even the bible says enter into your innermost room an Petition God. Not command undecided
Concerning the works of my hand, command ye me -Ish 45:11b
Re: Must You Shout While Praying???????? by ChappyChase: 11:31am On Feb 28, 2016
inositol88:
was just wondering!!!!!

Humans have made it seem as if God is deaf or his distance is very far from us dat we must have to shout before He can hear us.

Infact i have this neighbour who wakes in the middle of the night and begins to shout on the top of his voice in the name of praying, thereby disturbing the entire neighborhood and forcing us to compulsorily keep vigil with him after a very strenuous day from the office against our wishes

A friend once confronted him, but he ended up calling my friend a wizard who is been disturbed by prayers .

Now the disturbance is becoming too much am thinking of also confronting him, but I don't know the best approach to do dat.

Ur advice please.

BUT OH!!!!
MUST WE SHOUT WHEN PRAYING?
And he cried with a loud voice, Lazarus, come forth!- Jn 11:43
Re: Must You Shout While Praying???????? by inositol88(m): 11:48am On Feb 28, 2016
ChappyChase:
And he cried with a loud voice, Lazarus, come forth!- Jn 11:43

Dat was Jesus calling Lazarus to come out of the grave.
Jesus was not praying to Lazarus rather He called him out .
so why shout when praying to God or do u think God is Lazarus?
Re: Must You Shout While Praying???????? by inositol88(m): 11:50am On Feb 28, 2016
ratchy:
Na xtian way
Even Muslims and most other religions do it
Re: Must You Shout While Praying???????? by ojimbo(m): 11:52am On Feb 28, 2016
ratchy:
Na xtian way

sorry. Nigerian Christians
Re: Must You Shout While Praying???????? by inositol88(m): 11:52am On Feb 28, 2016
EgusiSoup:
Yes undecided
WHY

IS YOUR GOD DEAF
Re: Must You Shout While Praying???????? by inositol88(m): 11:59am On Feb 28, 2016
ChappyChase:
Concerning the works of my hand, command ye me -Ish 45:11b
wrong interpretation!
in dat passage God asked
" concerning the works of my hand, will you command me??"
dat was a question asked by God, not a statement asking us to command God

Who are u to command God??

(1) (Reply)

What Make Jerusalem Holy With Blood Of Innocent / 7 Common Reasons For Why People Believe In A God / Collision Of Religion And Science

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.