Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,939 members, 7,952,782 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 12:36 AM

When Is A Marriage Consumated? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / When Is A Marriage Consumated? (1006 Views)

Apostle Johnson Suleman: "Why A Marriage Can Be Dissolved" (VIDEO) / Apostle Suleiman Settle A Marriage Dispute In Public / Pastor Walks Out Of A Marriage Ceremony (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Is A Marriage Consumated? by Oseniade(m): 12:37pm On Feb 28, 2016
TODAY'S QUESTION

The other day, I was having a discussion with a friend of mine about an issue (though I have 'magnified' the issue); and I want somebody in the house to shed more light on it. At what point is Sex a sin?
Me: When is a marriage said to be consummated?

Option 1: When you have done your traditional marriage
Option 2: When you have done your court marriage (which is acknowledged by the government)
Option 3: When you have done your Church marriage.
Given a scenario where 3 intending couples wanted to marry ;
Couple A: Only did Traditional marriage with no intention of doing Court nor Church Wedding
Couple B: Started having Sex after their Traditional marriage but with intention of doing Court or and Church marriage
Couple C: Started having sex after doing at least one form of marriage
Now for those who think they should wait till after their Church marriage; what if the Church marriage comes first before before other forms of marriage, should they still wait before having sex?

Awaiting response...
Re: When Is A Marriage Consumated? by Luckylife(m): 12:42pm On Feb 28, 2016
I think when the official marriage rings are exchange between the couples by an ordained personalities.
Re: When Is A Marriage Consumated? by ATMC(f): 12:49pm On Feb 28, 2016
Once you paid her bride price...kick off.
Re: When Is A Marriage Consumated? by Nobody: 12:55pm On Feb 28, 2016
The day the 1st one is done...
That's why I want to do my wedding the same day or 2(Friday and Saturday).... Church, court, traditional...
Re: When Is A Marriage Consumated? by jiggaz(m): 12:57pm On Feb 28, 2016
Immediately you pay her bride price... you two can start having sex cos she's now your wife. The main point is that the parents of the bride have given their blessing to the marriage...

For people saying Church marriage..... is there Church marriage in the Bible during the time of CHRIST? The marriage they did during that time is still the traditional marriage of the Jews..... The so called white wedding as we call it is still the traditional marriage of the whites.....

So far you have paid her bride price, she's automatically your wife cos both families have given their blessing .. Africans bring so much problem to themselves with all these rules of "wait first, make we do Church wedding "...
what if the couple does not have money for Church wedding? You know how expensive we Nigerians have made it to be.

Church wedding is good but its not a prerequisite of being legally married.
Re: When Is A Marriage Consumated? by dolphinheart(m): 1:22pm On Feb 28, 2016
The day you both declare to each other your intention to each other to be husband and wife, and sexual activity can occur after you have publicly announced it and after it had followed by some form of ceremony to show the world it's not a farce but a binding arrangement that everyone should respect. no ordained minister or government official is necessary, but to give ceasers things to ceaser, it is expected that the union should be registered.

despite the man and woman being the main proponent of the union and consuming, the family and community play a big role in deter mining some few things.

* this is just my personal opinion
Re: When Is A Marriage Consumated? by asalimpo(m): 2:02pm On Feb 28, 2016
When God has joined them together: When they confirm their agreement before either a priest of God or between themselves (with no human witness but God as the unseen witness).

(1) (Reply)

Islamisation Agenda: El- Rufai New Laws In Kaduna State / Bro Joshua Iginla Announces International Ministers & Leadership Conference 2016 / The Only Solution!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.