Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,620 members, 7,816,551 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:02 PM

I Don’t Have The Strength To Fight Corruption Alone- Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Don’t Have The Strength To Fight Corruption Alone- Buhari (2502 Views)

Yari: I Don’t Have A Plot Of Land In Lagos — Not To Talk Of A Hotel / Nigerian Army To Increase Personnel Strength To 200,000 / Jonathan Lacked Will Power To Fight Corruption – Edwin Clark (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Don’t Have The Strength To Fight Corruption Alone- Buhari by ay4real1: 12:42pm On Feb 28, 2016
President Muhammadu Buhari, yesterday, said he could not single-handedly fight-corruption, pointing out that it is a collective responsibility of Nigerians.

Speaking at the 25th convocation ceremony of the Federal University of Technology, Minna, Niger State, the President said he does not have the magic wand to effect the change he is championing alone.

“As you all know, our administration came to power on the promise of change. Changing our society from the path of corruption in high and low places is a task that we all must be committed to. It is not a magic wand that a single leader alone can use. We all have to believe in it and we have to work for it and inculcating the virtues of honour integrity and discipline are essentially the duty of the family and educational institutions,” the president said.

“Nigeria still has hope and promise because our youths -vibrant, energetic and creative citizens – are the greatest resource and pillar of this country.

“Today may be rough and tough but tomorrow will be better. I have hope because I see in our youths inventors, problem solvers and leaders that will one day make Nigeria greater than my government will make it,” the President, who was represented by the Director of Science and Technology in the Federal Ministry of Education, Sandy Gandy Chega, said.
http://scangist.com/politics/i-dont-have-the-strength-to-fight-corruption-alone-buhari/
Re: I Don’t Have The Strength To Fight Corruption Alone- Buhari by Firefire(m): 12:45pm On Feb 28, 2016
Orisirisi... cheesy

1 Like

Re: I Don’t Have The Strength To Fight Corruption Alone- Buhari by fotadmowmend(m): 12:45pm On Feb 28, 2016
hmmm
Re: I Don’t Have The Strength To Fight Corruption Alone- Buhari by HiddenShadow: 12:45pm On Feb 28, 2016
If it is Jonathan that said this, you would have insulted him.

4 Likes

Re: I Don’t Have The Strength To Fight Corruption Alone- Buhari by Raypawer(m): 12:49pm On Feb 28, 2016
is he just realizing it now it only God that can change a Country like Ours... Nigeria...

3 Likes

Re: I Don’t Have The Strength To Fight Corruption Alone- Buhari by haywire07(m): 12:50pm On Feb 28, 2016
Sir employ me .. I know how to fight corruption . I hav a black belt

3 Likes

Re: I Don’t Have The Strength To Fight Corruption Alone- Buhari by flexxyworld(m): 12:59pm On Feb 28, 2016
Buhari and APC really fooled most Nigerian..

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Don’t Have The Strength To Fight Corruption Alone- Buhari by Nobody: 1:02pm On Feb 28, 2016
We re solidly behind u sir... We re fighting with u side by side sir..

1 Like

Re: I Don’t Have The Strength To Fight Corruption Alone- Buhari by nnachukz(m): 1:02pm On Feb 28, 2016
What is this man saying? Just say you don't have the moral right to fight corruption haven lived and still living in corruption.

4 Likes

Re: I Don’t Have The Strength To Fight Corruption Alone- Buhari by HiddenShadow: 1:04pm On Feb 28, 2016
flexxyworld:

He didn't fool Nigerians but some Nigerians out of ethno religious bigotry, fooled themselves

5 Likes

Re: I Don’t Have The Strength To Fight Corruption Alone- Buhari by flexxyworld(m): 1:06pm On Feb 28, 2016
HiddenShadow:

He didn't fool Nigerians but some Nigerians out of ethno religious bigotry, fooled themselves

He had a very strong P.R, there packaged him so well and made him look like a messiah and many couldn't resist it aside other factors

4 Likes

Re: I Don’t Have The Strength To Fight Corruption Alone- Buhari by HiddenShadow: 1:08pm On Feb 28, 2016
flexxyworld:

He had a very strong P.R, there packaged him so well and made him look like a messiah and many couldn't resist it aside other factors

Is not about PR
Once people are sentimental, they easily fool themselves.

5 Likes

Re: I Don’t Have The Strength To Fight Corruption Alone- Buhari by IVORY2009(m): 1:09pm On Feb 28, 2016
Corruption fighting back frm all possible angle.
Re: I Don’t Have The Strength To Fight Corruption Alone- Buhari by flexxyworld(m): 1:11pm On Feb 28, 2016
HiddenShadow:

Is not about PR Once people are sentimental, you can easily fool them.
Bottom-line is 'Nigerians were made a fool or a fool was made of Nigerians'

2 Likes

Re: I Don’t Have The Strength To Fight Corruption Alone- Buhari by enm(m): 1:16pm On Feb 28, 2016
Finally someone just hit the nail on the head. Hope some of us will now begin to see the light that to fight corruption to a stand still is not the job of one person but the job of all.
Re: I Don’t Have The Strength To Fight Corruption Alone- Buhari by YourMrBoo: 1:18pm On Feb 28, 2016
This man has confirmed to me he is a complete dullard....

Haha hope the Yoruba's that voted for him is seeing what cluelessness is all about...

Good radiance to rubbish...

4 Likes

Re: I Don’t Have The Strength To Fight Corruption Alone- Buhari by sarutobie(m): 1:18pm On Feb 28, 2016
No man of flesh and blood and full of fallibility can singlehandedly stop corruption in any country.. The best a sensible government can do is to build strong institutions that can go a long way in curbing corrupt practices, like the TSA and the BVN by the past administration..that was why Hillary Clinton said "nigeria has strong individuals but not enough strong institutions".. Funny Nigerians who thought (like the Israelites) that their Messiah will come with shining military armour to conquer their enemies and rule over them..

2 Likes

Re: I Don’t Have The Strength To Fight Corruption Alone- Buhari by Oladimejyyy(m): 1:32pm On Feb 28, 2016
HiddenShadow:
If it is Jonathan that said this, you would have insulted him.
Sharraaaappp...how many people were convicted during the otueke tenure
Re: I Don’t Have The Strength To Fight Corruption Alone- Buhari by Oladimejyyy(m): 1:33pm On Feb 28, 2016
flexxyworld:
Are you okay at all
Re: I Don’t Have The Strength To Fight Corruption Alone- Buhari by marveangel(m): 1:33pm On Feb 28, 2016
baba ooo
Re: I Don’t Have The Strength To Fight Corruption Alone- Buhari by Oladimejyyy(m): 1:35pm On Feb 28, 2016
YourMrBoo:
This man has confirmed to me he is a complete dullard....

Haha hope the Yoruba's that voted for him is seeing what cluelessness is all about...

Good radiance to rubbish...
senseless post
Re: I Don’t Have The Strength To Fight Corruption Alone- Buhari by flexxyworld(m): 1:51pm On Feb 28, 2016
Oladimejyyy:
Are you okay at all
Very okay bruv and guess you are too
Re: I Don’t Have The Strength To Fight Corruption Alone- Buhari by SurefireAsoOke: 2:09pm On Feb 28, 2016
HHHMMMMM
Re: I Don’t Have The Strength To Fight Corruption Alone- Buhari by yaki84: 2:30pm On Feb 28, 2016
IVORY2009:
Corruption fighting back frm all possible angle.

I dey tell u, corruption is seriously faiting back.
Re: I Don’t Have The Strength To Fight Corruption Alone- Buhari by obynocute(m): 2:33pm On Feb 28, 2016
haywire07:
Sir employ me .. I know how to fight corruption . I hav a black belt
lolzzzz..u only hv black belt, me I hv both black nd yellow belt join together... lolzzzz... mr bubu, u nva c chumchin....
Re: I Don’t Have The Strength To Fight Corruption Alone- Buhari by YourMrBoo: 2:34pm On Feb 28, 2016
Oladimejyyy:
senseless post

Yoruba
Re: I Don’t Have The Strength To Fight Corruption Alone- Buhari by yaki84: 2:37pm On Feb 28, 2016
Oladimejyyy:
Sharraaaappp...how many people were convicted during the otueke tenure

how many people hv bin convicted sofar?
when an illiterate leads a country of over 1million professors then we can now say we r on a million miles to neverland.
no be to arrest, lock without evidence to take nail d culprits, it goes beyond wat bubu is doing. hv u asked urself how much have been expended by buhari since he started his corruption war? abi u think say all those sans n lawyers representing efcc na by handshake dem dey pay dem?
baba dullard kwantinew o. we dey ur back like hunchback

1 Like

Re: I Don’t Have The Strength To Fight Corruption Alone- Buhari by ZZ22: 2:37pm On Feb 28, 2016
Buhari always spewing rubbish whenever he is outside Nigeria
Re: I Don’t Have The Strength To Fight Corruption Alone- Buhari by PassingShot(m): 2:38pm On Feb 28, 2016
[s]
nnachukz:
What is this man saying? Just say you don't have the moral right to fight corruption having lived and still living in corruption.
[/s]
Senseless post!
Re: I Don’t Have The Strength To Fight Corruption Alone- Buhari by PassingShot(m): 2:40pm On Feb 28, 2016
ZZ22:
Buhari always spewing rubbish whenever he is outside Nigeria
Read before you post useless comments online.
Re: I Don’t Have The Strength To Fight Corruption Alone- Buhari by major466(m): 2:40pm On Feb 28, 2016
sarutobie:
No man of flesh and blood and full of fallibility can singlehandedly stop corruption in any country.. The best a sensible government can do is to build strong institutions that can go a long way in curbing corrupt practices, like the TSA and the BVN by the past administration..that was why Hillary Clinton said "nigeria has strong individuals but not enough strong institutions".. Funny Nigerians who thought (like the Israelites) that their Messiah will come with shining military armour to conquer their enemies and rule over them..
true. The best way to fight corruption is by providing the enabling environment that will make corruption a very risky venture to indulge.

(1) (2) (Reply)

This Is How Politics Work(pics) / Bayelsa Can’t Pay Full Salaries Now, Says Dickson / I'm 3 Years Older Than Him - Wife Of The New Ondo State Governor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.