Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,172 members, 7,811,412 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:09 AM

Yari: I Don’t Have A Plot Of Land In Lagos — Not To Talk Of A Hotel - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yari: I Don’t Have A Plot Of Land In Lagos — Not To Talk Of A Hotel (13959 Views)

Governor Yari: I Have Forgiven Apc Of Their Sins / Lagos Not In Bondage, Only Need Continuous Development- Sanwo-olu / Governor Yari: I Am Powerless As Chief Security Officer Of Zamfara State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yari: I Don’t Have A Plot Of Land In Lagos — Not To Talk Of A Hotel by Islie: 2:33pm On May 15, 2017
by Jamilah Nasir

Abdulaziz Yari, Zamfara state governor, has debunked the allegations that he is building a $3m hotel in Lagos, from monies stolen from the Paris-London Club refunds.

In a statement signed by Abulrazque Barkindo, head, public affairs, Nigeria Governors’ Forum Secretariat, Yari said he did not have a plot of land, much less a hotel.

He described the allegations as “harmful, damaging and libelous insinuations which remain largely unsubstantiated.”

“Reports on Governor Abdulaziz Yari Abubakar of Zamfara state, and chairman of the Nigeria Governors’ Forum making the rounds that the ‘governor is building a $3m hotel from monies stolen from the Paris-London Club refunds to states’ give cause for worry,” the statement read.

“The reports contain harmful, damaging and libelous insinuations which remain largely unsubstantiated despite the fact that it attributes the leaks to the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), officials in Lagos.

“Governor Abdulaziz Yari Abubakar has said emphatically that he does not even own a plot of land in Lagos not to talk of a hotel.

“But the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission officials in Lagos claimed as follows: that “they have found a hotel being constructed by Governor Yari of Zamfara state with $3m he stole from London-Paris Club loan refund to Nigerian states.

“That “apart from the $3million, Governor Yari also diverted N500 million from the Paris Club refund to pay off a loan”, an Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) source revealed to an online medium.

“The medium also added that EFCC officials in Lagos revealed that “overall the governor embezzled the sum of N2.2 billion from the N19billion set aside illegally to pay “consultants”, all of which are wrong, harmful, libellous and misleading disclosures.

“Governor Abdulaziz Yari is not building any hotel in Lagos nor were any monies stolen or embezzled from the Paris-London Club refunds to states or from any other source.”

He also accused the EFCC of feeding the media with lies, adding that it was perhaps the reason the agency lost most of its corruption cases.

“The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) was quoted extensively as source of that report and the Nigeria Governors’ Forum is alarmed that the EFCC continues to feed the media fibs at the expense of its hard-earned reputation as the anti- graft agency that Nigerians used to respect,” the statement read.

“This is perhaps why the EFCC has lost most of the high-profile corruption cases at the law courts after it had unfairly stage-managed media trials and caused their victims personal pain and public umbrage.

“This report, typical of most of the exclusive leaks that are becoming characteristic of the sources that court some sections of the media, lacks detail and compelling evidence to be fit to print.

“The sources were courageous enough to mention a hotel in Lekki area of Lagos but gave neither a street name nor any specific information on the property to give credibility to the allegations. This does no service to any investigation nor does it help the development of our country Nigeria.

“The media, we all know, is entitled to perform its duties as watchdog of society, which is enshrined in the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

“It is not, however, entitled to make unfair attacks, based on unfounded, false and unsubstantiated allegations against responsible public office holders.

“The media should support the EFCC in ensuring that convicting people on the pages of newspapers shouldn’t be the focus of the EFCC in its war against corruption.

“Instead, EFCC should channel its energies to a comprehensive, thorough and credible investigation that can stand the scrutiny of legal examination in court.”

https://www.thecable.ng/yari-dont-plot-land-lagos-not-talk-hotel

Re: Yari: I Don’t Have A Plot Of Land In Lagos — Not To Talk Of A Hotel by NgeneUkwenu(f): 2:37pm On May 15, 2017
Watery reaction from a Crook!

Oga, do you have any case with the EFCC? Yes or No

Beside, I thought EFCC were only after PDP Governors!

Oga, do you have any case with the EFCC? Yes or No?

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yari: I Don’t Have A Plot Of Land In Lagos — Not To Talk Of A Hotel by Funlord2(m): 2:39pm On May 15, 2017
Islie:

https://www.thecable.ng/yari-dont-plot-land-lagos-not-talk-hotel

See as this useless gomina LIE just dey flex muscles! grin

3 Likes

Re: Yari: I Don’t Have A Plot Of Land In Lagos — Not To Talk Of A Hotel by brunofarad(m): 2:44pm On May 15, 2017
That's what we ve been hearing

Re: Yari: I Don’t Have A Plot Of Land In Lagos — Not To Talk Of A Hotel by Adelawysb: 2:45pm On May 15, 2017
Oga Yari na lie go kill you. Useless polithiefcians...

4 Likes

Re: Yari: I Don’t Have A Plot Of Land In Lagos — Not To Talk Of A Hotel by beetown(m): 2:46pm On May 15, 2017
Ah!!! My heart lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

This lie weak me

9 Likes

Re: Yari: I Don’t Have A Plot Of Land In Lagos — Not To Talk Of A Hotel by idrisolaide(m): 2:46pm On May 15, 2017
Naija for show...

1 Like

Re: Yari: I Don’t Have A Plot Of Land In Lagos — Not To Talk Of A Hotel by Nobody: 2:46pm On May 15, 2017
SAY WHAT shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

You have joined the like of

PETER OBI Alias MR "ONE WATCH"

ROTIMI AMAECHI ALIAS "I DONT LIKE MONEY"

7 Likes

Re: Yari: I Don’t Have A Plot Of Land In Lagos — Not To Talk Of A Hotel by zainabxel(f): 2:47pm On May 15, 2017
brunofarad:
That's what we ve been hearing
grin
Re: Yari: I Don’t Have A Plot Of Land In Lagos — Not To Talk Of A Hotel by Sapiosexuality(m): 2:47pm On May 15, 2017
Probably true. I know your hands are not clean but EFCC have shown desperation for approval. Now they dish out unfounded claims to feed gullible masses. After three weeks they dish out another.

1 Like

Re: Yari: I Don’t Have A Plot Of Land In Lagos — Not To Talk Of A Hotel by toxxnoni(m): 2:48pm On May 15, 2017
cool

We met just be wat you are looking for
Check our signature

2 Likes

Re: Yari: I Don’t Have A Plot Of Land In Lagos — Not To Talk Of A Hotel by rozayx5(m): 2:48pm On May 15, 2017
yea and Amaechi is a saint

keep the lies coming

BMC will refine it and process it for public consumption undecided
Re: Yari: I Don’t Have A Plot Of Land In Lagos — Not To Talk Of A Hotel by chynie: 2:48pm On May 15, 2017
a
Re: Yari: I Don’t Have A Plot Of Land In Lagos — Not To Talk Of A Hotel by BrutalJab: 2:49pm On May 15, 2017
Party of criminals.
Re: Yari: I Don’t Have A Plot Of Land In Lagos — Not To Talk Of A Hotel by madridguy(m): 2:49pm On May 15, 2017
Over to you SR.
Re: Yari: I Don’t Have A Plot Of Land In Lagos — Not To Talk Of A Hotel by Gurusblend(m): 2:49pm On May 15, 2017
Oh Gawd

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yari: I Don’t Have A Plot Of Land In Lagos — Not To Talk Of A Hotel by c4tnoelz: 2:49pm On May 15, 2017
Campaign after election
Re: Yari: I Don’t Have A Plot Of Land In Lagos — Not To Talk Of A Hotel by beetown(m): 2:49pm On May 15, 2017
Since Governor say he no get land for Lagos makka kuku buy land for here first

2 Likes

Re: Yari: I Don’t Have A Plot Of Land In Lagos — Not To Talk Of A Hotel by manitoba(m): 2:50pm On May 15, 2017
This will be a big dent on the EFCC corruption fight if Yari's claim is true and an impeachable offence for the governor if the EFCC could proove he actually stole. Lets siddon look.

4 Likes

Re: Yari: I Don’t Have A Plot Of Land In Lagos — Not To Talk Of A Hotel by blazetitov: 2:50pm On May 15, 2017
Never mind our yeye politicians.

Re: Yari: I Don’t Have A Plot Of Land In Lagos — Not To Talk Of A Hotel by tayoxx(m): 2:50pm On May 15, 2017
metcheww
Re: Yari: I Don’t Have A Plot Of Land In Lagos — Not To Talk Of A Hotel by Royalfurnitures: 2:51pm On May 15, 2017
Oya,EFCC,over to you now,prove him right or otherwise.

Chexk out my signature for quality and durable furniture
Re: Yari: I Don’t Have A Plot Of Land In Lagos — Not To Talk Of A Hotel by RealDannie(m): 2:51pm On May 15, 2017
Yari Yari...

Re: Yari: I Don’t Have A Plot Of Land In Lagos — Not To Talk Of A Hotel by Nobody: 2:52pm On May 15, 2017
Sue sahara reporters if it finding was false.I am %100 sure he own's that property Just watch how gov yari will recruit a middle man to act as owner of the property.
Re: Yari: I Don’t Have A Plot Of Land In Lagos — Not To Talk Of A Hotel by hezy4real01(m): 2:53pm On May 15, 2017
You don't but ur wife and brothers do abi.... ole
Re: Yari: I Don’t Have A Plot Of Land In Lagos — Not To Talk Of A Hotel by Earthrealmlord: 2:56pm On May 15, 2017
Time will expose more details
Re: Yari: I Don’t Have A Plot Of Land In Lagos — Not To Talk Of A Hotel by iamnicer: 2:57pm On May 15, 2017
grin grin grin grin grin grin

ALL POLITICIANS ARE LIARS

(1) (2) (Reply)

"Nothing In APC To Attract Ekweremadu" - PDP Says / Dakuku Peterside Set To Replace Amaechi As Rivers Governor / Kwara Inspired Otoge Takes Over Nigeria - Mrrights

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.