Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,320 members, 7,819,089 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:02 AM

Xiaomi Redmi 2 - Unboxing & Concise Review - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Xiaomi Redmi 2 - Unboxing & Concise Review (1277 Views)

Tecno Pouvoir 2 Unboxing -- A Phone With 5,000mah Battery! / XIAOMI Redmi 2..A 4G Phone That Cost Less And Gives More Joy.. / Xiaomi Redmi 2 Or Wiko Slide 2. Which Should I Go For? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Xiaomi Redmi 2 - Unboxing & Concise Review by optimised: 1:16pm On Feb 28, 2016
INTRO:
I initially intended importing a Xiaomi phone from China but was scared away by the inexplicable development in the forex market, I was offered $95 by a distributor. Consequently, I looked inwards and remembered that Jumia sells just two brands of Xiaomi Phones locally, incidentally, Redmi 2 was among the option. My order was placed on Mon, 22/02/2016 and UPS courier delivered it to Uyo on Friday, 26/02/2016. Price: N25,000. The Jumia agent I used gave me a discount on delivery fee.
UNBOXING:
Redmi 2 came with a very small box. The content of the box include: White coloured Redmi 2, a 2200mAh Li-Po battery, a USB Charging Cable and a 5V 1A Charger and user manual pack written in Indonesian. A branded pen and lanyard were enclosed as gifts. After fixing the battery, the phone is comparatively light in weight.
PHONE PERFORMANCE:
Battery: I lay much emphasis to the battery performance of any smartphone. Naturally, I charged the battery fully and later in the evening, I paired Redmi 2's WiFi to my Infinix Hot Note hotspot. On Friday evening, I browsed for about 4 hours. I resumed browsing on Saturday. The phone's battered amazingly endured my browsing with intermittent intermission till around 10pm ~ almost 10 hours in all. This performance is considered very stellar in my opinion. Coming from the background of having used: Tecno T1, D7, Phantom A1 and Infinix Hot and presently Infinix Hot Note. Aside Infinix Hot Note with 4000mAh battery capacity, the rest hardly survive the typical long browsing habit of mine as I usually charge them twice or trice per day to keep them running or whenever I am out of my station for longer periods like travelling or church camps, where access to electricity may be challenging, I resort to freezing my phone usage to conserve power. I must confess Xiaomi's precision on their products is notable. Even through I didn't insert SIM cards in the phone, nevertheless, WiFi usage is a power sucking activity on any phone - judging from my experience with Tecno D7 and Infinix Hot. Redmi 2 drains battery very slowly and accurately. I rank its comparative performance with my with Infinix Hot Note.
Camera: Redmi 2's is equipped with both primary and selfie camera. I tested the 8mp back camera on outdoor and indoor scenarios. In comparison with Infinix Hot Note, the picture quality and colours are poles apart in superiority. (Pix attached below)
Speed: I didn't use the phone much since it isn't mine. I'm sort of testing the general features for appraisal sake. I didn't notice any lag. The Mumi skin is ok. I only installed few apps like Bible, Dictionary, Flashshare, etc. The phone came with Google playstore preinstalled contrary to what I read online from overseas users.
The charging speed is not so fast like Samsung or Tecno, but steady ( maybe since it was for charge, time will tell) I used an unbranded Powerbank and it almost took an entire night to charge ( I slept off so I can't be so sure ) I suggest one uses a reputable power bank or wall mains for best performance here. Ringtones are neither many nor so melodious but much better than Gionee's. The phone's sound is loud and clear.
HARDWARE: The white coloured casing is very fine, well crafted with premium and solid feel. There is a notification light to show charging status and missed calls alert.
PHOTOGRAPHS:
1. Unboxing
2. Redmi 2 camera performance outdoors
3. Infinix Hot Note camera on outdoor shoot

1 Share

Re: Xiaomi Redmi 2 - Unboxing & Concise Review by emeraldknytt(m): 1:36pm On Feb 28, 2016
interesting review though you left out the heart of many- games. You should update your review incldng game performance to it
Re: Xiaomi Redmi 2 - Unboxing & Concise Review by optimised: 9:52pm On Mar 02, 2016
emeraldknytt:
interesting review though you left out the heart of many- games. You should update your review incldng game performance to it
Unfortunately, there is no game preinstalled and since I'm not a gammer, I have no ready game app at hand to install and use. But generally, the Mumi + android uses a good chunk of the RAM but it does not however induce any perceptible lag in performance. Games. Suitable would do well no doubt.

(1) (Reply)

Dollar Rising, Data Will Rise.. BE WARNED! / Two Days Old Tecno C9 For Sale / See The New Gionee A1 And Gionee A1 Plus With 16 Mp And 20 Mp Selfie Cameras

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.