Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,886 members, 7,828,142 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:53 AM

Nigeria, Qatar Sign Agreements On Bilateral Air Service - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria, Qatar Sign Agreements On Bilateral Air Service (1036 Views)

Buhari & Dangote Sign 7 Bilateral Agreements With King Mohammad Of Morocco(pics) / Adeosun Signs Bilateral Agreement With Qatar Minister / Nigeria, Qatar Sign Agreements On Bilateral Air Service, (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria, Qatar Sign Agreements On Bilateral Air Service by metroparrot: 1:41pm On Feb 28, 2016
Nigeria and the State of Qatar on Sunday in Doha signed Bilateral Air Services Agreement (BASA) to pave way for direct flights between major cities of both countries.

Both countries also signed an agreement to avoid double taxation and tax evasion on the sideline of President Muhammadu Buhari's state visit to Qatar.

The Minister of State for Aviation, Senator Hadi Sirika, representing President Muhammadu Buhari, signed the air services agreement on behalf of the country while Qatar’s Minister of Transportation and Communications, Jassim Bin Saif Alsulaiti, signed on behalf the Emir of Qatar, Sheikh Tamim Bin Hammad Al-Thani.

The agreement which was signed in the presence of both leaders is expected to pave way for more direct flights between major cities of both countries on the principle of reciprocity by the designated airlines on behalf of the country.
Sirika said after the signing of the agreement that the accord would promote trade, commerce, tourism and travel between both countries.

"Qatar is the richest country in the world at the moment in terms of per capita income, their economy is strong and their national carrier, Qatar airlines, is one of the most viable and most focused in the industry.

"They (Qatar airlines) presently fly to Nigeria but they want to fly to more cities and with the focus of the present administration in Nigeria on establishing a national carrier, we have commenced discussions on how we can partner with countries like Qatar in our quest to establish a national carrier".
The Minister of Finance, Mrs Kemi Adeosun, who signed the agreement for the avoidance of double taxation and the prevention of fiscal evasion with respect to taxes income with her Qatari counterpart, Ali Shareef Al Emadi, expressed delight that the agreement which was negotiated since February 2015 has been finalised.

"What is symbolic in this agreement is that the Qataris who are already investing heavily in Nigeria will bring in more investments because the earlier lack of an agreement to avoid double taxation was a stumbling block to some of the investors.

"I am very confident that the signing of this agreement will bring much more investment and business between Qatar and Nigeria," she told reporters after signing the agreement.
In his remarks to journalists, the Minister of Foreign Affairs, Mr Geofrey Onyeama, said President Buhari and Sheikh Al-Thani had fruitful discussions on security, oil price stability, and the fight against corruption in Nigeria.

"The Qatari leader acknowledged that President Buhari has really created an enabling environment for businesses to thrive in the country.

"The Emir made the point on the war against corruption in Nigeria and the progress President Buhari is making in that front and they are of the opinion that if that problem is addressed with focused polices, the country will progress.
"The Emir also made it clear that the Qatari’s are ready to invest in Nigeria in a big way", he said.

Femi Adesina
Special Adviser to the President (Media & Publicity)
February 28, 2016

http://www.metronaija.com/2016/02/nigeria-qatar-sign-agreements-on.html

cc: lalasticlala
Re: Nigeria, Qatar Sign Agreements On Bilateral Air Service by MARINS(f): 1:42pm On Feb 28, 2016
grin
Re: Nigeria, Qatar Sign Agreements On Bilateral Air Service by mcee1(m): 1:44pm On Feb 28, 2016
cheesy God bless PMB

God bless All APC supporters

God bless nigeria.

Ipods touts how market na?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria, Qatar Sign Agreements On Bilateral Air Service by Nobody: 1:48pm On Feb 28, 2016
mcee1:
Good.
How is it good?
Re: Nigeria, Qatar Sign Agreements On Bilateral Air Service by emzila(m): 1:48pm On Feb 28, 2016
God bless PMB. God bless Nigeria
Re: Nigeria, Qatar Sign Agreements On Bilateral Air Service by mcee1(m): 1:50pm On Feb 28, 2016
Henry240:

How is it good?
goan read. Thank me later ipod. cheesy
Re: Nigeria, Qatar Sign Agreements On Bilateral Air Service by Raphael81(m): 1:51pm On Feb 28, 2016
wow i love this, Qatar airlines have the most beautiful and polite air hostesses with their shiny cheeks hehe
Re: Nigeria, Qatar Sign Agreements On Bilateral Air Service by Nobody: 1:54pm On Feb 28, 2016
mcee1:

I don't think that's the question i asked you, or you have a handicap understanding questions asked?

Seems you're an ignorant fellow.

Qatar Airways Fleet = 173

Destinations = 151

Arik Air Fleet= 24

Destination = 26

How is this BASA good for us, our Airlines, our country, this is the question i asked you. How do we possibly compete?
Re: Nigeria, Qatar Sign Agreements On Bilateral Air Service by vayne(m): 2:05pm On Feb 28, 2016
mcee1:
Mr man give up already,nobody is interested in the e-war you have been brewing,you can shout iPod/iPad/Iband from morning till night for all we care!!
Re: Nigeria, Qatar Sign Agreements On Bilateral Air Service by yaki84: 3:43pm On Feb 28, 2016
this man too shout dis corruption thing, its now stale. abi dem qataris no deh corrupt, no be dem get mancity n other investments forother places abi na d country get am?
and d oil price stability how do they want to go abt it cos d same people r abt increasing thier output from 2million barrels a day to 3million. how these people wan take do dis oil price abasi mbok?
Re: Nigeria, Qatar Sign Agreements On Bilateral Air Service by caselessogbuagu: 4:04pm On Feb 28, 2016
Gradually, we are returning to our path of honour via BUHARI's strong leadership drive.
Re: Nigeria, Qatar Sign Agreements On Bilateral Air Service by amaechi1: 4:19pm On Feb 28, 2016
Henry240:

How is it good?

It is only a good heart that can appreciate good things.
Re: Nigeria, Qatar Sign Agreements On Bilateral Air Service by amaechi1: 4:24pm On Feb 28, 2016
Henry240:

I don't think that's the question i asked you, or you have a handicap understanding questions asked?

Seems you're an ignorant fellow.

Qatar Airways Fleet = 173

Destinations = 151

Arik Air Fleet= 24

Destination = 26

How is this BASA good for us, our Airlines, our country, this is the question i asked you. How do we possibly compete?

Have also looked at possible opportunity for employment?
Re: Nigeria, Qatar Sign Agreements On Bilateral Air Service by amaechi1: 4:26pm On Feb 28, 2016
caselessogbuagu:
Gradually, we are returning to our path of honour via BUHARI's strong leadership drive.

Yes ooo! Even some people will not see anything good. Product of Corruption.
Re: Nigeria, Qatar Sign Agreements On Bilateral Air Service by Nobody: 4:43pm On Feb 28, 2016
amaechi1:

It is only a good heart that can appreciate good things.

That's not economics. I want you to tell us how this agreement is beneficial to Nigeria economically.
Re: Nigeria, Qatar Sign Agreements On Bilateral Air Service by Nobody: 4:44pm On Feb 28, 2016
amaechi1:

Have also looked at possible opportunity for employment?
Employment for whom, Oga?
Re: Nigeria, Qatar Sign Agreements On Bilateral Air Service by caselessogbuagu: 5:11pm On Feb 28, 2016
amaechi1:

those that suffer from the disease I call "wailerosis" can never see anything good in this even if buhari decides to hand the whole aviation sector to them as a gift( God forbid that! Na Gej fit give that kain gift).
Re: Nigeria, Qatar Sign Agreements On Bilateral Air Service by caselessogbuagu: 5:17pm On Feb 28, 2016
amaechi1:

you can see one of them is already displaying that on this thread.
Re: Nigeria, Qatar Sign Agreements On Bilateral Air Service by tpiar: 5:21pm On Feb 28, 2016
Are Emirates and Air Maroc still in Nigeria?
Re: Nigeria, Qatar Sign Agreements On Bilateral Air Service by johnmartus(m): 5:32pm On Feb 28, 2016
good development
Re: Nigeria, Qatar Sign Agreements On Bilateral Air Service by Nobody: 6:09pm On Feb 28, 2016
Talking about not bleeding our economy of forex, and we are allowing foreign airlines more destinations in nigeria. Welldone!!
Re: Nigeria, Qatar Sign Agreements On Bilateral Air Service by caselessogbuagu: 8:17pm On Feb 28, 2016
yaki84:
this man too shout dis corruption thing, its now stale. abi dem qataris no deh corrupt, no be dem get mancity n other investments forother places abi na d country get am?
and d oil price stability how do they want to go abt it cos d same people r abt increasing thier output from 2million barrels a day to 3million. how these people wan take do dis oil price abasi mbok?
for someone that's corrupt, the issue of corruption is stale.

(1) (Reply)

Are Portharcourt Residents Actually Running Or What? / Check Out Reno Omokri's Epic Reply To A Follower / Buhari Lied About When Oil Was Discovered In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.