Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,877 members, 7,817,586 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:57 PM

Sudan Women Lashed For Wearing Trousers - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sudan Women Lashed For Wearing Trousers (1632 Views)

Fashola Got Tongue Lashed For Saying*lagos Won't Vote For GEJ* / Why We Barred Females From Wearing Trousers In Offices – Plateau Govt / Dress Code In Benue; Ladies Banned From Wearing Trousers! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sudan Women Lashed For Wearing Trousers by RichyBlacK(m): 7:59pm On Jul 14, 2009
This is the kind of barbarism that makes me sick!
Re: Sudan Women Lashed For Wearing Trousers by back2back(f): 8:12pm On Jul 14, 2009
RichyBlacK:

This is the kind of barbarism that makes me sick!

and there we go again. if they break the law of their land, they face the music.

I guess US is barbaric for having death sentence while rest of the WEST have moved away from this.
Re: Sudan Women Lashed For Wearing Trousers by sosisi(f): 9:43pm On Jul 14, 2009
back2back:

and there we go again. if they break the law of their land, they face the music.

I guess US is barbaric for having death sentence while rest of the WEST have moved away from this.

Oh shatap!
law of the land my foot
isn't it the same Sudan that wanted to lynch a teacher over a teddy bear named Mohammed?
the death sentence is reserved for heinous crimes and not all US states have it.
why should a woman be flogged for wearing trousers?
It's only an idiot that'll support such a thing.
Re: Sudan Women Lashed For Wearing Trousers by blackspade(m): 9:56pm On Jul 14, 2009
Backwardness.

@ osisi

Thanks for putting that one line in bold, unfortunately some must not be able to read, or they are ignoring it.

"Non-Muslims are not supposed to be subject to Islamic law, even in Khartoum and other parts of the mainly Muslim north."

I don't want to see anyone say "When in Rome, do as the Romans do", when it's already established that these women are not subject to Islamic law. angry

Besides that, no one should have to go thorough this for just wearing shorts. Ridiculous!
Re: Sudan Women Lashed For Wearing Trousers by Fhemmmy: 9:57pm On Jul 14, 2009
back2back:

I am starting to think u just have something against US or anything that seems to work and on the side of barbaric stuff.
How could anyone sane support the beating of women all cos they wore pants.
How come no one flogs the men for wearing gown?
Re: Sudan Women Lashed For Wearing Trousers by redsun(m): 10:42pm On Jul 14, 2009
One of the reason why islamic fundamentalism is threat to human evolution and self freedom.
Re: Sudan Women Lashed For Wearing Trousers by sosisi(f): 10:46pm On Jul 14, 2009
blackspade:

Backwardness.

@ osisi

Thanks for putting that one line in bold, unfortunately some must not be able to read, or they are ignoring it.

"Non-Muslims are not supposed to be subject to Islamic law, even in Khartoum and other parts of the mainly Muslim north."

I don't want to see anyone say "When in Rome, do as the Romans do", when it's already established that these women are not subject to Islamic law. angry

Besides that, no one should have to go thorough this for just wearing shorts. Ridiculous!

Sharia is an archaic law that does not belong in any progressive society but the Muslim men won't give it up because it favours them.
It gives them some worth in their lives to treat their women like beasts of burden that must be flogged into compliance and the Koran tells them so
go figure
Re: Sudan Women Lashed For Wearing Trousers by bawomolo(m): 10:55pm On Jul 14, 2009
isn't the same sudanese that cheered their president after he was indicted for human rights abuse?
Re: Sudan Women Lashed For Wearing Trousers by sosisi(f): 10:57pm On Jul 14, 2009
Volume 1, Book 9, Number 490:

Narrated 'Aisha:

The things which annul the prayers were mentioned before me. They said, "Prayer is annulled by a dog, a donkey and a woman (if they pass in front of the praying people)." I said, "You have made us (i.e. women) dogs. I saw the Prophet praying while I used to lie in my bed between him and the Qibla. Whenever I was in need of something, I would slip away for I disliked to face him."

a woman is comparable to a donkey and a dog
go figure

(1) (2) (Reply)

Terror Watch List: Nigerian Lawmaker Deported From Amsterdam Schiphol / British Election : Who Is Nigerian's Choice? / Janathan Calls Fashola A Rascal!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.