Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:49 AM

[PHOTOS]The Amazing Kajuru Castle Of Kaduna - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / [PHOTOS]The Amazing Kajuru Castle Of Kaduna (32170 Views)

"The Glory Land Castleā€ In Yenagoa, Bayelsa (Photos) / An Overview Of Kaduna International Airport (photos) / German Built Castle In Kaduna "Kajuru Castle" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

[PHOTOS]The Amazing Kajuru Castle Of Kaduna by Nobody: 7:15pm On Feb 28, 2016
OK. I was just watching MTV base when they played a song of wande coal and some other dude. And at the beginig of the video they wrote "somewhere in Kaduna Nigeria" and brought up this wonderful architectural piece,I could not believe my eyes. A castle? In Nigeria? So i googled and here it is folks. The Amazing Kajuru Castle Of Kaduna.

http://www.abujafacts.ng/the-amazing-kajuru-castle-of-kaduna/

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: [PHOTOS]The Amazing Kajuru Castle Of Kaduna by Nobody: 7:18pm On Feb 28, 2016
Contrary to speculations, the Kajuru Castle located in Kaduna is not an ancient monument. Interestingly, it was built in 1978 by a controversial German expatriate who lived in Kaduna at the time. This breathtaking architectural master-piece is a tourist wonder of sorts. The style is very European and clearly German with a baronial hall, complete with suits of armour.

In the castle, there are bedrooms looking like dungeons and several towers with crenulated walls. Beware; there are also, the crocodiles in a pit protecting the huge castle like gates! The road up to the castle is not a journey for the faint hearted, neither is it for vehicles without plenty of HP under the bonnet.

The views of the surrounding mountains and fascinating Inselbergs are simply enthralling and terrific and obviously why it was sited here.

Located at about 45 kilometres from Kaduna on the Southern Kachia road is the Local Government of Kajuru. If you take the road at the right, in the centre of the town and drive past the Local Government Headquarters, for about 5-7 kilometres, you will see on the left a strange sight on a mountain ridge; a European castle in Africa! Indeed, the first timer may assume he is imagining things or his eyes are probably playing games on him, but it is real.

Kajuru Castle is not an ancient monument. It was actually built in 1978 by a controversial German expatriate who made Kaduna his base. The style is not African in nature but very European and clearly of the German architectural design. The interiors and exteriors speak of this.

The castle is made up of a magnificent large stainless steel swimming pool and well equipped kitchens (it is self-catering for those who can gain entry). It is Private Property, and entry to this place is not so easy. You will need to have permission from a German lady (some say a dragon) who looks after the place. There are beliefs that the German expatriate who built the place was deported during the Ibrahim Babangida Administration.

http://www.abujafacts.ng/the-amazing-kajuru-castle-of-kaduna/

1 Like

Re: [PHOTOS]The Amazing Kajuru Castle Of Kaduna by Nobody: 7:19pm On Feb 28, 2016
Wow. Simply breathtaking...

Are you sure this is Nigeria?

5 Likes

Re: [PHOTOS]The Amazing Kajuru Castle Of Kaduna by Nobody: 7:20pm On Feb 28, 2016
lalasticlala, abeg come and encourage tourism in naija o to grow the economy by moving this to front page.
Re: [PHOTOS]The Amazing Kajuru Castle Of Kaduna by Tpave(m): 7:22pm On Feb 28, 2016
Naturally beautiful concept

1 Like 1 Share

Re: [PHOTOS]The Amazing Kajuru Castle Of Kaduna by Nobody: 7:28pm On Feb 28, 2016
adeaks:
Wow. Simply breathtaking...

Are you sure this is Nigeria?
Omo me 2 I shock o but it is, you can google it.
Re: [PHOTOS]The Amazing Kajuru Castle Of Kaduna by Nobody: 7:47pm On Feb 28, 2016
Maybe I need to add "olajumoke visits ......... Before lalasticlala go show undecided

2 Likes

Re: [PHOTOS]The Amazing Kajuru Castle Of Kaduna by Nobody: 11:15pm On Feb 28, 2016
lalasticlala:

No reference to source
I have fixed that. lalasticlala
Re: [PHOTOS]The Amazing Kajuru Castle Of Kaduna by kenbee(f): 3:33pm On Mar 01, 2016
Nice piece

1 Like

Re: [PHOTOS]The Amazing Kajuru Castle Of Kaduna by gokay11(m): 3:33pm On Mar 01, 2016
Dope
Re: [PHOTOS]The Amazing Kajuru Castle Of Kaduna by MadCow1: 3:34pm On Mar 01, 2016
undecided
Re: [PHOTOS]The Amazing Kajuru Castle Of Kaduna by Idydarling(f): 3:35pm On Mar 01, 2016
me and my prince charming should be here
Re: [PHOTOS]The Amazing Kajuru Castle Of Kaduna by Eesha: 3:35pm On Mar 01, 2016
Looks beautiful but secluded!
Re: [PHOTOS]The Amazing Kajuru Castle Of Kaduna by Nobody: 3:35pm On Mar 01, 2016
Amazing m smiley
Re: [PHOTOS]The Amazing Kajuru Castle Of Kaduna by Sirmuel1(m): 3:35pm On Mar 01, 2016
End time
Re: [PHOTOS]The Amazing Kajuru Castle Of Kaduna by qreem231(m): 3:36pm On Mar 01, 2016
Yeah! I also saw the video earlier on soundcity fresh, Leriq featuring wande coal- wishlist. Dope track, dope video.
Re: [PHOTOS]The Amazing Kajuru Castle Of Kaduna by henrydadon(m): 3:36pm On Mar 01, 2016
picture not showing
Re: [PHOTOS]The Amazing Kajuru Castle Of Kaduna by Pangea: 3:36pm On Mar 01, 2016
cool
This is out of Nigeria!
Should be a great tourist attraction.
Re: [PHOTOS]The Amazing Kajuru Castle Of Kaduna by Abbeyunique2(m): 3:37pm On Mar 01, 2016
We don't knw how blessed we are in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: [PHOTOS]The Amazing Kajuru Castle Of Kaduna by ngmgeek(m): 3:38pm On Mar 01, 2016
We are really blessed. And we have great potentials but enemies of progress will not leave us alone.
Re: [PHOTOS]The Amazing Kajuru Castle Of Kaduna by zeezyoung(m): 3:38pm On Mar 01, 2016
Wow Amazing This Is Beautiful
Re: [PHOTOS]The Amazing Kajuru Castle Of Kaduna by GodMode: 3:40pm On Mar 01, 2016
K

2 Likes

Re: [PHOTOS]The Amazing Kajuru Castle Of Kaduna by seunlayi(m): 3:40pm On Mar 01, 2016
Vanity upon vanity, all is vanity, vanity......in Ebenezer Obey's voice

1 Like

Re: [PHOTOS]The Amazing Kajuru Castle Of Kaduna by Aristotle96(m): 3:40pm On Mar 01, 2016
Make dem use am act scary movies e go make brain grin

2 Likes

Re: [PHOTOS]The Amazing Kajuru Castle Of Kaduna by abdulwizzy(m): 3:40pm On Mar 01, 2016
Nice though
Re: [PHOTOS]The Amazing Kajuru Castle Of Kaduna by Lakayanah: 3:41pm On Mar 01, 2016
Please what part of kaduna is it located and how much are the rooms per night?
Re: [PHOTOS]The Amazing Kajuru Castle Of Kaduna by Mprex(f): 3:41pm On Mar 01, 2016
does anyone live there
Re: [PHOTOS]The Amazing Kajuru Castle Of Kaduna by Aurelius1(m): 3:45pm On Mar 01, 2016
If one attempts to build a castle of this nature in Warri before you know it the youths are already there claiming all sorts of deve fees like ground money, foundation fee, erection fees, painting fees etc.

8 Likes

Re: [PHOTOS]The Amazing Kajuru Castle Of Kaduna by Nobody: 3:46pm On Mar 01, 2016
cool

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Residents Rescue Crates Of Beer After Tanker Exploded In Enugu. Photos / Air Force Officer Dies As Their Boat Capsizes & Sinks In River (Photo) / Father Nathaniel Ogbonnaya Ugwu Involved In Accident, Survives (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.