Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,791 members, 7,820,777 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:23 PM

The Perfect Lip Gloss - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / The Perfect Lip Gloss (3271 Views)

New Rules For Wearing Lip Gloss (must Read) / Zaron Lip Gloss Review / Steps To Get The Perfect Eyebrow (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Perfect Lip Gloss by nuria(f): 9:49am On Jul 14, 2009
Hey ladies,please what is the best lipgloss to use.most of the ones i use make my lips feel dry after.
Re: The Perfect Lip Gloss by onyemylove: 12:41pm On Jul 14, 2009
I think the fruity lip gloss with moisturizer is better than the normal lip gloss.

It stay longer on the lip and look sexy. I dont know the area you stay, if u stay around Lekki-Ajah u can get to buy at Ikota Shopping Complex close to V.G.C
Re: The Perfect Lip Gloss by nuria(f): 4:49pm On Jul 14, 2009
Thanks alot,i'l definitely look for that.
Re: The Perfect Lip Gloss by mohawkchic(f): 7:04pm On Jul 14, 2009
~Unfortunately not all lip gloss works for everyone,i'd had my fair share of lippies that dried my lips too. . I only use two types of Lip gloss but the one very reliable thing i always go back to is good ole Vaseline Lip Therapy . . before trying out a new lip gloss, Use a soft toothbrush & gently brush off the dry layer then apply Vaselin Lip therapy!It has

~Aloe Vera adds an extra soothing touch of hydration
~Sun protection with SPF15 helps to protect you from the sun's harmful rays
~Rosy Lips brings out the natural rosy tones in your lips by soothing and gently tinting

http://www.vaseline.co.uk/Product.aspx?Path=Consumer/OurProducts/LipTherapy

~Victoria Secret Lip gloss are very good too. . comes in different shades/Subtle colours & gives that glossy Lustre

~There's also Stuf. Lip gloss,comes in yummy Nude flavours & has a very glossy shine!

Re: The Perfect Lip Gloss by Gracito(f): 8:24pm On Jul 26, 2009
I think it is the minty one with moisturizer.I am allergic to fruity one,dont know why
Re: The Perfect Lip Gloss by Shentz(f): 9:50pm On Jul 26, 2009
why don't you buy as many lipglosses as you possibly can because to my knowledge there are so many brands of lipgloss you know? If you like go and purchase Mac lipgloss probably be perfect for your lips
Re: The Perfect Lip Gloss by Nobody: 9:52pm On Jul 26, 2009
Try chapstick
Re: The Perfect Lip Gloss by Tatase(f): 12:36am On Jul 27, 2009
If you're not necessarily after the super shiny glossy look, another thing you can do is buy a lipstick color you like, rub it on your finger and apply it to your lips using your finger as if you're lip balm so that it comes off like a lipstain and puts some color on your lips and then go over it with lip balm/ chapstick or whatever. That way your lips have color/tint and moisture. This is the way I do it because lip gloss always makes my lips feel odd after a while, and lipstick by itself from the tube looks too much like paint. . .
Re: The Perfect Lip Gloss by Outstrip(f): 3:11am On Jul 27, 2009
MAC all the way. Nothing else I have tried has even come close. I have tried brands from .99c to $19.99 and it is the same story. The MAC I use is about $13.00 and it is perfect
Re: The Perfect Lip Gloss by mona83(f): 8:53am On Jul 27, 2009
Try Colorjuice from L'oreal and Lipglass from MAC. They're my all time favorites.

Re: The Perfect Lip Gloss by Nobody: 1:20pm On Jul 31, 2009
the best thing to do is put a bit of Carmex on then apply any kind of lipgloss you want
Re: The Perfect Lip Gloss by spikedcylinder: 5:56pm On Aug 01, 2009
Outstrip:

MAC all the way. Nothing else I have tried has even come close. I have tried brands from .99c to $19.99 and it is the same story. The MAC I use is about $13.00 and it is perfect

Lipglass eh? Fantastic! smiley

mona83:

Try Colorjuice from L'oreal and Lipglass from MAC. They're my all time favorites.

I've tried using that L'oreal colour juice but I realise it usually comes out looking more matte than glossy.
Re: The Perfect Lip Gloss by chiogo(f): 2:27am On Aug 02, 2009
Yes L'oreal didn't cut it for me.

I currently use Hollister california, love it. smells yummy too.
Re: The Perfect Lip Gloss by mamag3: 7:06pm On Aug 04, 2009
The Cherry flavoured lipgloss is the best
Re: The Perfect Lip Gloss by tRoOE(f): 1:31am On Aug 07, 2009
MAC all de way, tried Chanel nd i wasn't impressed
Re: The Perfect Lip Gloss by ikamefa(f): 5:24pm On Aug 07, 2009
vaseline petroleum jelly grin grin grin grin grin grin

[flash=200,200]http://patdollard.com/wp-content/uploads/vaseline.jpg[/flash]
Re: The Perfect Lip Gloss by spikedcylinder: 6:15pm On Aug 07, 2009
No o. That one is just for the bum bum. tongue
Re: The Perfect Lip Gloss by Nobody: 10:53pm On Aug 07, 2009
spikedcylinder:

No o. That one is just for the bum bum. tongue

i don't even want to er go there . . . grin grin grin enter the hatchet
Re: The Perfect Lip Gloss by TOPE20001(f): 10:56pm On Aug 07, 2009
chiogo:

Yes L'oreal didn't cut it for me.

I currently use Hollister california, love it. smells yummy too.

loreal is shyte angry

@topic
Victoria secret all the way kiss
Re: The Perfect Lip Gloss by bluespice(f): 2:26am On Aug 08, 2009
i use nivea and its good
but lipgloss in general tend to be tricky so i use nude lipstick/lipgloss
moisturising without the glossy feel
Re: The Perfect Lip Gloss by mohawkchic(f): 2:29am On Aug 08, 2009
~I agree TOPE2000. . .in my previous post which is still invisble   i sugessted VS Lipgloss to the OP. . .

~I love the different shades/Subtle colours they come in,the big plus being it gives that glossy Lustre. . .

~There's also Stuf. Lip gloss,comes in yummy Nude flavours & has a very glossy shine!

Re: The Perfect Lip Gloss by Nobody: 2:31am On Aug 08, 2009
@bluespice
Same here.
I hate when the lipstick gets sticky.
Most time, I just go with chapstick undecided
Re: The Perfect Lip Gloss by bluespice(f): 2:35am On Aug 08, 2009
some chapsticks have the tendency to cake between the lips
urrrgh
embarassed lipsrsealed
Re: The Perfect Lip Gloss by epstitch(f): 4:11pm On Aug 08, 2009
Having the perfect lip gloss isn't all there is, the method you choose in applying is another factor, the combination of product or color is also something else to consider. Applying Lipsticks and gloss directly from the tube isn't the best way, That's one of the reasons why the gloss would bleed/run over, why you wouldn't have true staying power and ultimately why you think the gloss or product isn't good.

Its best to apply products with brushes, so get a lip brush and see the difference. Good recommendations are Victoria's Secret, Mary Kay, Sleek, MAC.
http://enter4training..com

Re: The Perfect Lip Gloss by spikedcylinder: 4:22pm On Aug 08, 2009
oyb:

i don't even want to er go there . . . grin grin grin enter the hatchet

I knew I'd see you here. grin grin
Re: The Perfect Lip Gloss by uzwu: 8:09pm On Aug 08, 2009
Pls which country is sleek made in? There is this one i saw in the market that has made in Taiwan on it. IS IT ORIGINAL?
Re: The Perfect Lip Gloss by TOPE20001(f): 10:35pm On Aug 08, 2009
mohawkchic:

~I agree TOPE2000. . .in my previous post which is still invisble  i sugessted VS Lipgloss to the OP. . .

~I love the different shades/Subtle colours they come in,the big plus being it gives that glossy Lustre. . .

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! shocked cheesy
I am actually using the one you posted right now kiss

I have them in different shades, i like the third the most cuz it kinda plain but very glossy grin

And their body mist is also kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: The Perfect Lip Gloss by Nobody: 1:10am On Aug 09, 2009
bluespice:

some chapsticks have the tendency to cake between the lips
urrrgh
embarassed lipsrsealed
tRUE, AND THATZ WHY YOU FIND THE ONES THAT DNT STICK
Re: The Perfect Lip Gloss by mohawkchic(f): 1:13am On Aug 09, 2009
~Me & You both TOPE2000. . .I'm never out of VS,my mam buys them for me. . .

~My fav. On Beauty Rush Brand are Pink Sugar ~Lotta Colada ~Fineapple ~Strawberry Fizz. . I love all the flavours on the Swirl Lip Gloss. . . dont even get me started on the Body Mists,i created a thread  

~ What Are Your Favourite Bath & Body Works Or Victoria Secret Products ?~

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-197483.0.html
Re: The Perfect Lip Gloss by Nobody: 1:36am On Aug 09, 2009
MC, do those lipgloss actually work?

Winter is coming and you KNOW how fast lipgloss tend to disappear. undecided
Re: The Perfect Lip Gloss by mohawkchic(f): 1:50am On Aug 09, 2009
~Yeah It works for me,I Swear by them grin But you know how tricky these things are,might work for me yet might not for someone else. . .

~Vaseline Lip balm is always within reach tho,reliable 100%. . . even on the most dry Lips cheesy

Re: The Perfect Lip Gloss by Nobody: 2:02am On Aug 09, 2009
cheesy grin cheesy

See as you and bluespice dey take style call my lips chap. Trust me, when the wind is blowing, and its freaking cold, vaseline chapstick wnt work. Thats when I get out the glossy lipgloss cool

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Male Model, Ugo Osmunds (the Prodigal Son Is Home) / Girls Nowadays Dress Lyk Babies / 25 Unique And Creative Ankara Skirt And Blouse Styles For Wedding You Should Try

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.