Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,901 members, 7,817,661 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:40 PM

Road Safety Officer Carrying Guns? (see Photo) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Road Safety Officer Carrying Guns? (see Photo) (41671 Views)

Armed Robbery Gang Arrested In Kwara. See How They Hid Their Guns. Photos / Fulani Men Carrying Guns At A Filling Station In Zamfara (pics) / Road Safety Officials Beaten In Anambra By Angry Mob. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Road Safety Officer Carrying Guns? (see Photo) by aqueenlinda(f): 7:53am On Feb 29, 2016
If my memories aren't twinging from what i recall, the Nigerian law doesn't allow Federal Road Safety Commission staffs to use gun. How come he get to carry one? The Facebook user who shared the photo online spotted the man on a busy road wielding the rife. View photo below...

http://www.queensnewsblog.com/2016/02/road-safety-start-carrying-guns-see.html

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Road Safety Officer Carrying Guns? (see Photo) by ChappyChase: 7:57am On Feb 29, 2016
Oh yes they do carry guns but its rear. They are called "the combatants"
*Modified*
Please for those quoting and saying am lying, I didn't read it any where that they do carry gun(who get time to goi read about road safety officials?) But in 2015 when I was working in a shop opposite their office I saw some of the with Ak47 and they were heavily built at first I was shocked but as time goes on I became awear that that's what they are called cause it was written in their polo shirt!
So abeg make nobody crucify again if una never see ham no mean say I never see ham by the way, I'm FTC!

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Road Safety Officer Carrying Guns? (see Photo) by anwe: 7:58am On Feb 29, 2016
They should carry pistol for self defense and not assault riffle.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Road Safety Officer Carrying Guns? (see Photo) by PoliticalThuG(m): 7:59am On Feb 29, 2016
It usually happens when a dullard rules a country

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Road Safety Officer Carrying Guns? (see Photo) by Seunbukola187(m): 8:07am On Feb 29, 2016
PoliticalThuG:
It usually happens when a dullard rules a country
****...... B

106 Likes 1 Share

Re: Road Safety Officer Carrying Guns? (see Photo) by Nathe11: 8:08am On Feb 29, 2016
damn
Re: Road Safety Officer Carrying Guns? (see Photo) by Aromas: 8:16am On Feb 29, 2016
Seunbukola187:
one sense u nor get idiota...... they are called combatant.#learn# oponu oshi
grin bad boy!!! De guy forget his brain @Mama Chukwudi joint.

28 Likes

Re: Road Safety Officer Carrying Guns? (see Photo) by Pheals(f): 10:57am On Feb 29, 2016
Photo shop!! But my pater doesn't wait for them - this could be good in high ways

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Road Safety Officer Carrying Guns? (see Photo) by Acidosis(m): 10:59am On Feb 29, 2016
It takes heavy courage to stand on the road without a gun. How would they defend themselves when attacked?

NDLEA officers use rifles on the road, so I think certain FRSC officers need to be armed.

2 Likes

Re: Road Safety Officer Carrying Guns? (see Photo) by Nbote(m): 11:15am On Feb 29, 2016
Road safety don't use guns or any weapons at dat. He probably used d rifle to pose for a photograph considering the parked police van nxt to theirs. They don't need guns to check vehicle license and registration.

19 Likes

Re: Road Safety Officer Carrying Guns? (see Photo) by Latty88(f): 11:17am On Feb 29, 2016
FRSC have been authorized and trained to carry arms. It started since last year during their last recruitment.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Road Safety Officer Carrying Guns? (see Photo) by Sijo01(f): 12:42pm On Feb 29, 2016
I was told about a year+ ago that the FRSC have been licensed to carry gun and as at when I got the info, some officials were said to be on training on how to use fire arms.......... Maybe they've started implementing it.

2 Likes

Re: Road Safety Officer Carrying Guns? (see Photo) by Nobody: 12:43pm On Feb 29, 2016
Acidosis:
It takes heavy courage to stand on the road without a gun. How would they defend themselves when attacked?

NDLEA officers use rifles on the road, so I think certain FRSC officers need to be armed.

NDLEA and frsc don't do the same thing.

Just like comparing police and boys scout

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Road Safety Officer Carrying Guns? (see Photo) by DankemzI(m): 2:03pm On Feb 29, 2016
lipsrsealed They don't need guns...
They're safety officials

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Road Safety Officer Carrying Guns? (see Photo) by 190: 2:03pm On Feb 29, 2016
na them sabi notin concern me and them
Re: Road Safety Officer Carrying Guns? (see Photo) by abiolag(m): 2:04pm On Feb 29, 2016
Galant officer. Don't try to b smart wit dis guy. He's not joking

1 Like

Re: Road Safety Officer Carrying Guns? (see Photo) by Pascal181: 2:04pm On Feb 29, 2016
What for?
Re: Road Safety Officer Carrying Guns? (see Photo) by DEXTROVERT: 2:04pm On Feb 29, 2016
[/b]it's wooden gun, nothing inside joor[b]
Re: Road Safety Officer Carrying Guns? (see Photo) by lekjons(m): 2:04pm On Feb 29, 2016
himkers:

NDLEA and frsc don't do the same thing.
Just like comparing police and boys scout
calm down..

some years back, i seen a situation where armed robbers did a drive-by at unarmed road safety officials..
Re: Road Safety Officer Carrying Guns? (see Photo) by ColtPython(m): 2:05pm On Feb 29, 2016
Is pistol more expensive than assault rifles?

If no, then...

Why do we like wasting resources in this country?

undecided undecided
Re: Road Safety Officer Carrying Guns? (see Photo) by Nobody: 2:05pm On Feb 29, 2016
Na when dem start this 1?
Re: Road Safety Officer Carrying Guns? (see Photo) by centyboy: 2:05pm On Feb 29, 2016
Vanity Upon Vanity... cry
Re: Road Safety Officer Carrying Guns? (see Photo) by Last2comment(m): 2:05pm On Feb 29, 2016
Whats road safety carrying gun for.
Re: Road Safety Officer Carrying Guns? (see Photo) by MemeTroll: 2:06pm On Feb 29, 2016
Nbote:
Road safety don't use guns or any weapons at dat. He probably used d rifle to pose for a photograph considering the parked police van nxt to theirs. They don't need guns to check vehicle license and registration.
as of last year johna thn approved the training of frsc staffs with arms so as from this year you'll see em more
Re: Road Safety Officer Carrying Guns? (see Photo) by mysteriousman(m): 2:06pm On Feb 29, 2016
For people shouting why an assault rifle and not a pistol, Nigeria has over the years not been able to effectively police it's territory so you find all kinds of arms in the hands of the citizenry, so why carry a pistol to a job you know a criminal has chances of going for a robbery with an assault rifle or a GPMG, AK47 is the world number one assault rifle that can keep a security personnel safe to some level
Re: Road Safety Officer Carrying Guns? (see Photo) by lezz(m): 2:06pm On Feb 29, 2016
aqueenlinda:
If my memories aren't twinging from what i recall, the Nigerian law doesn't allow Federal Road Safety Commission staffs to use gun. How come he get to carry one? The Facebook user who shared the photo online spotted the man on a busy road wielding the rife. View photo below...

http://www.queensnewsblog.com/2016/02/road-safety-start-carrying-guns-see.html
Yeah, they went for the training last 2014/15. But it's for use within their premises.

None of their statutory obligation necessitates wielding guns as the offence they are meant to checkmet are mainly traffic offences.

1 Like

Re: Road Safety Officer Carrying Guns? (see Photo) by Nobody: 2:06pm On Feb 29, 2016
I still dont understand why they need arms, its like giving lastma guns

5 Likes

Re: Road Safety Officer Carrying Guns? (see Photo) by loomer: 2:06pm On Feb 29, 2016
anwe:

They should carry pistol for self defense and not assault riffle.

Wetin assault inside that raffle wey the bullets no go pass 10
Re: Road Safety Officer Carrying Guns? (see Photo) by jaylister(m): 2:07pm On Feb 29, 2016
aa
Re: Road Safety Officer Carrying Guns? (see Photo) by UrbanMystique: 2:07pm On Feb 29, 2016
Why always asault rifles?
Re: Road Safety Officer Carrying Guns? (see Photo) by Timbuktu14(m): 2:07pm On Feb 29, 2016
Combatants carry guns now angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Man Whose Lover Died After Sex Romp In Hotel Paraded With Others In Calabar. PIC / Youths Kill Man Found With meth In Imo / Don Waney’s Bank Accounts Frozen, To Be Forfeited To Federal Government

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.