Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,352 members, 7,957,939 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 04:37 AM

Petrol Price In Saudi Arabia: Can Nigeria Go This Far? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Petrol Price In Saudi Arabia: Can Nigeria Go This Far? (64237 Views)

Nigerians React To The Possible Increase In The Petrol Price Of 145/litre To 152 / NANS To Protest N145 Petrol Price Next Week / Petrol Price Is Now 74 Naira Per Litre? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Petrol Price In Saudi Arabia: Can Nigeria Go This Far? by iamdynamite(m): 3:15pm On Feb 29, 2016
adimoh99:

And what was the standard of living then?
very high my brother,every sector of our economy was functioning really well
Re: Petrol Price In Saudi Arabia: Can Nigeria Go This Far? by econity(m): 3:15pm On Feb 29, 2016
jidxin:
bros ahn ahn fear God na 50cl of table water is still N50
Don't mind him, the first place I heard of pure water selling for 200 naira was in Bayelsa and I heard it last year when my sister came back from NYSC orientation camp, that is in Jonathan's community.
Re: Petrol Price In Saudi Arabia: Can Nigeria Go This Far? by denowo(m): 3:16pm On Feb 29, 2016
There are different factors that determine the cost of fuel, it is not right to review it in isolation, in London as of today a litre of petrol is £1 which is about N400, last year it was £1.40 per litre
Re: Petrol Price In Saudi Arabia: Can Nigeria Go This Far? by MonPro: 3:17pm On Feb 29, 2016
You are Never going to get their, you can hope till thy kingdom come but God gave you the chance, you wasted it. God has taken back his blessing and have rightfully cursed you with fall in Oil prices. Cry from now till tommorow it won't change a thing. It never did for the past 100 years, it won't for the forseeable future.
Re: Petrol Price In Saudi Arabia: Can Nigeria Go This Far? by fortune1968: 3:18pm On Feb 29, 2016
Atlantian:
1 riyal is 53 naira, means a litre of PMS is less than 53 naira in Saudi.

Meanwhile how come every currency has more value than naira these days of dullard daddy.
pity you ! You have a dullard daddy according to your comment !
Re: Petrol Price In Saudi Arabia: Can Nigeria Go This Far? by chemmerfrank(m): 3:41pm On Feb 29, 2016
Drabeey:
We are already there.

Yet a FTC to the inflamous bag.

I cant but say a milestone cant be reached without the siggy-saggar of feet treck.

Panny, panny ocean waves. We shall get there and glamorously achieve a feat uncraconlly.

Anyways....

DrabeeyWasHere
another ex yaba left alumni..go get checked asap!
Re: Petrol Price In Saudi Arabia: Can Nigeria Go This Far? by jaelz(m): 3:42pm On Feb 29, 2016
Sure, if they kill all our corrupt politicians and people
Re: Petrol Price In Saudi Arabia: Can Nigeria Go This Far? by gbishman: 3:49pm On Feb 29, 2016
that is the equivalent of N50/liter @200/Liter
Re: Petrol Price In Saudi Arabia: Can Nigeria Go This Far? by ATERI(m): 3:52pm On Feb 29, 2016
kestolove95:
Forgt dat country it has been personal bless by God and dey strictly adhere to qur'an inductions..so Allah love dem for dat

As a woman would you feel blessed if you are not allowed to drive a car on your own? Trust me, if Nigeria is a nation of 30 million people producing almost 10 million barrels of oil per day, we would be doing better than we are today. By the way, regardless of the imperfections, we elect our leaders regularly, something many Saudis are desperate to have, See... it`s not all doom and gloom.
Re: Petrol Price In Saudi Arabia: Can Nigeria Go This Far? by luggy(m): 3:52pm On Feb 29, 2016
no, is because of BAD gorvernment
Re: Petrol Price In Saudi Arabia: Can Nigeria Go This Far? by niceeric(m): 3:57pm On Feb 29, 2016
sbaks:
We are already there if not above my brother as 1 bottle of water (50cl) is about or above N150 and bag of pure water is about 200 naira. The Lord has answered our prayers as our money is much more valuable now, and our standard of living has increased! Hallelujah!!!!! After all 1 riyal = N53 and bottled water there is 2 riyal I.e. N106 ahn! Ahn! We don pass their level Na.
Plantain dey spoil you say e dey ripe... continue ooo

if your above analysis were right, inflation would have been a very good thing.
Re: Petrol Price In Saudi Arabia: Can Nigeria Go This Far? by ATERI(m): 3:59pm On Feb 29, 2016
MonPro:
You are Never going to get their, you can hope till thy kingdom come but God gave you the chance, you wasted it. God has taken back his blessing and have rightfully cursed you with fall in Oil prices. Cry from now till tommorow it won't change a thing. It never did for the past 100 years, it won't for the forseeable future.

Past 100 years? How do you mean? In the 70s our naira had more value than the dollar and every western country, especially the UK would give Nigerians red-carpet treatment whenever our parents went shopping there- which should tell you how baseless your assertions are.
Re: Petrol Price In Saudi Arabia: Can Nigeria Go This Far? by carinmom(f): 4:03pm On Feb 29, 2016
sbaks:
We are already there if not above my brother as 1 bottle of water (50cl) is about or above N150 and bag of pure water is about 200 naira. The Lord has answered our prayers as our money is much more valuable now, and our standard of living has increased! Hallelujah!!!!! After all 1 riyal = N53 and bottled water there is 2 riyal I.e. N106 ahn! Ahn! We don pass their level Na.
I like your comment wallahi cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Petrol Price In Saudi Arabia: Can Nigeria Go This Far? by Goddex: 4:05pm On Feb 29, 2016
OP, the liars in Aso Rock even promised us less (40 naira) just to
deceive their gullible brainless supporters into voting them.

Now that they won, it is a different grammar we are hearing from them.
Re: Petrol Price In Saudi Arabia: Can Nigeria Go This Far? by WATCHOVER(m): 4:22pm On Feb 29, 2016
I won't be surprise if the op is one of the Aides who travelled with the president for lesser hajj
Re: Petrol Price In Saudi Arabia: Can Nigeria Go This Far? by crackhouse(m): 4:22pm On Feb 29, 2016
shey u dey saudi Arabia. pray for Nigeria there nah.
Re: Petrol Price In Saudi Arabia: Can Nigeria Go This Far? by EZENDDIGBO(m): 4:46pm On Feb 29, 2016
Kx:

Pls dont crucify the op.

Whether 1 riyal is N48 or whatever amount is not the issue here.

The point being made is that fuel from an oil producing saudi arabia costs 50% less than bottle water.

To bring the argument home; it implies that a litre of fuel in Nigeria should cost at least N25p.l since bottle water costs N50.
Re: Petrol Price In Saudi Arabia: Can Nigeria Go This Far? by 41lady(m): 4:55pm On Feb 29, 2016
We can get there if the leaders and oil mugu want. In Malaysia petrol is sold at 0.91cent which is naira41.86kobo, this is a country that get oil few years back.
Re: Petrol Price In Saudi Arabia: Can Nigeria Go This Far? by Kylekent59: 4:58pm On Feb 29, 2016
Emmatdayo:
mtcheees 8k?, only God know how much bet 9ja dun chop u.
e go dun reach 2million o grin

This is the same reason y Nigeria can't go that far because you pple dnt appreciate. U dnt wish others well but only cause people that are victorious. U are a fool
Re: Petrol Price In Saudi Arabia: Can Nigeria Go This Far? by Ravenna: 5:01pm On Feb 29, 2016
PapaBrowne:
Op. Your Economics teacher should be sentenced to jail for negligence. He failed to impart basic knowledge of forex factors into your skull. That's criminal
Criminal indeed, the op is to dull.
I wonder what the dullard op would say on getting to a filling station in London city where a litre is about equivalent to about N200.
Re: Petrol Price In Saudi Arabia: Can Nigeria Go This Far? by nothingdou1(m): 5:08pm On Feb 29, 2016
NB:Op 1 saudi riyal(SR) is arround #60 if not more.that's the amount I changed last when 1 dollar was still arround #250.also note that I USD is equivalent to 3SR.
Re: Petrol Price In Saudi Arabia: Can Nigeria Go This Far? by samx4real(m): 5:12pm On Feb 29, 2016
How will Nigeria grow with all this kind of outrageous prices of fuel and goods & services?
Re: Petrol Price In Saudi Arabia: Can Nigeria Go This Far? by tanteta(m): 5:20pm On Feb 29, 2016
............ We will get there, if we get there and when we get there........
Re: Petrol Price In Saudi Arabia: Can Nigeria Go This Far? by ColeworldMD(m): 5:23pm On Feb 29, 2016
Kx:

Pls dont crucify the op.

Whether 1 riyal is N48 or whatever amount is not the issue here.

The point being made is that fuel from an oil producing saudi arabia costs 50% less than bottle water.

To bring the argument home; it implies that a litre of fuel in Nigeria should cost at least N25p.l since bottle water costs N50.
but water is more valuable in the desert than oil undecided
Re: Petrol Price In Saudi Arabia: Can Nigeria Go This Far? by Abagworo(m): 5:28pm On Feb 29, 2016
In the past Nigeria sold petrol less than Saudi and Saudi as well sold less than 1Riyal.
Re: Petrol Price In Saudi Arabia: Can Nigeria Go This Far? by chinchum(m): 5:37pm On Feb 29, 2016
Saudi arabia produces close to 10 million barrels of oil daily compared to Nigerias 2.3 million barrels of oil daily.

Saudi Arabia refines its oil within to meet the need of saudis, Nigeria can not refine its oil to meet local demand, we freaking import most of our refined product.

Saudi Arabias population is less than 30 million, Nigeria#s population is over 180 million.

Bonus: It cost less to produce crude oil in Saudi Arabia (15+usd/barrel) than it cost to produce in Nigeria (29+usd/barrel on the average)

1 Like

Re: Petrol Price In Saudi Arabia: Can Nigeria Go This Far? by umar4info(m): 5:43pm On Feb 29, 2016
Atlantian:
1 riyal is 53 naira, means a litre of PMS is less than 53 naira in Saudi.

Meanwhile how come every currency has more value than naira these days of dullard daddy.
Riyal is more valuable than Naira since.
Re: Petrol Price In Saudi Arabia: Can Nigeria Go This Far? by watchindelta(m): 5:44pm On Feb 29, 2016
nawaho
Re: Petrol Price In Saudi Arabia: Can Nigeria Go This Far? by Mike008(m): 6:09pm On Feb 29, 2016
Atleast WATER (which is more essential) is less than 1 Riyal in Naija. Can Saudi come this far?
Re: Petrol Price In Saudi Arabia: Can Nigeria Go This Far? by Nobody: 6:53pm On Feb 29, 2016
moscow37d:
Photo Of What I Saw In Saudi Arabia. Can Naigeria Go This Far?

So i was in a taxi in mecca saudi arabia heading to medinah for my lesser hajj last week! And we got to a filling station. I was curious enogh to know how much a litter of peterol is sold . I was shock when i noticed its less than 1 riyal. That is to say about 48 naira if it where to be in nigeria. And funny enough , one bottle of water is sold for 2 riyals. Can nigeria get this far ? I keep asking my self when are we gonna get it right. Pls let always pray for nigeria and God bless nigeria.

I pray we don't get there , a place where you buy half a litre of water for about 100 naira and a litre of fuel for 48 naira , no sir I prefer water to be cheaper than fuel.
Re: Petrol Price In Saudi Arabia: Can Nigeria Go This Far? by Nobody: 7:06pm On Feb 29, 2016
niceeric:

Plantain dey spoil you say e dey ripe... continue ooo

if your above analysis were right, inflation would have been a very good thing.
its called "sarcasm"
Re: Petrol Price In Saudi Arabia: Can Nigeria Go This Far? by Chimdiebere(m): 7:09pm On Feb 29, 2016
190:
which Nigeria grin grin grin

The same sheeethole

That empty shell of a country grin grin grin grin

The one where the president or past presidents do not have degrees to their names grin grin grin

The same Nigeria that is 3 steps from Hell fire grin grin grin

Make una stay there dey deceive unaselves

na from una mama belle una begin nurse hope grin grin grin

Una never tire
Crucifixion of Naija

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

“Meet Muhammadu Buhari” Trends As Nigerians Drag President Buhari On Twitter / #EndSARS: Aisha Yesufu Reacts To Death Threats / Aerial View Of The Nigeria Military Formation On Duty- Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.