Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,949 members, 7,863,357 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 04:14 PM

Class Action Suit Against Gtbank For Misleading 199/$ Card Charges - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Class Action Suit Against Gtbank For Misleading 199/$ Card Charges (14763 Views)

Appeal Court In Enugu Dismisses Innoson’s Preliminary Objections Against Gtbank / Innoson Withdraws Ex Parte Case Against Gtbank, EFCC / Court Sets Date For Aderinokun’s Daughter’s Suit Against Gtbank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Class Action Suit Against Gtbank For Misleading 199/$ Card Charges by Jethrolite(m): 7:04pm On Mar 04, 2016
dailydolla4u:
I Don't know how true it is, But i was told that Lawyers do not sue Banks, that they don't have jurisdiction over customer Bank issue, that is only Bankers committee that has the power to do so, somebody should educate me on these please.

That is a lie. A bank is a legal entity, it can sue and be sued.

2 Likes

Re: Class Action Suit Against Gtbank For Misleading 199/$ Card Charges by dailydolla4u(m): 7:13pm On Mar 04, 2016
Many Thanks

Jethrolite:
That is a lie. A bank is a legal entity, it can sue and be sued.

1 Like

Re: Class Action Suit Against Gtbank For Misleading 199/$ Card Charges by gbodimowo(m): 9:37pm On Mar 05, 2016
Sueing il b d last option
after CBN has adjudicated on the matter
Re: Class Action Suit Against Gtbank For Misleading 199/$ Card Charges by gbodimowo(m): 9:37pm On Mar 05, 2016
Sueing il b d last option
after CBN has adjudicated on the matter
Re: Class Action Suit Against Gtbank For Misleading 199/$ Card Charges by gbodimowo(m): 9:40pm On Mar 05, 2016
I have finally gotten the negative off my account on Thursday but a new development has now risen il update once done i want to know from my co travellers how are things at their end or they have allowed d GIVE UP AND ABANDON SPIRIT rule them?

1 Like

Re: Class Action Suit Against Gtbank For Misleading 199/$ Card Charges by mavinc4u(f): 1:27am On Mar 06, 2016
gbodimowo:
I have finally gotten the negative off my account on Thursday but a new development has now risen il update once done i want to know from my co travellers how are things at their end or they have allowed d GIVE UP AND ABANDON SPIRIT rule them?

i have not given up. we need more votes. can all the MODS move this thread to front page to get more people to sign the petition.

Meanwhile has anyone mailed the CBN regarding the issue?

1 Like

Re: Class Action Suit Against Gtbank For Misleading 199/$ Card Charges by bdavis: 3:23am On Mar 06, 2016
gbodimowo:

How and what did you do? Please enlighten us.

mavinc4u:

i have not given up. we need more votes. can all the MODS move this thread to front page to get more people to sign the petition.

Right on the spot, given up no, and yes it's the last action and we also need more votes + looks like mods have decided not to move this thread, in spite of several calls to do so.

1 Like

Re: Class Action Suit Against Gtbank For Misleading 199/$ Card Charges by gbodimowo(m): 8:21am On Mar 06, 2016
mavinc4u:

The CBN cant be mailed until we are able to prove that the Banks have refused to settke and as for the negatives going off i sent serries of mails and placed long calls to both GTconnect and Card services once i get the other issue resolved i il update the house or we can simply move this case off NL to whatsapp where there il be more privacy and we can all put heads together and work as a team .

i havent had the luxury of time to return to facebook nor twitter recently
Re: Class Action Suit Against Gtbank For Misleading 199/$ Card Charges by mavinc4u(f): 11:13am On Mar 06, 2016
gbodimowo:

The CBN cant be mailed until we are able to prove that the Banks have refused to settke and as for the negatives going off i sent serries of mails and placed long calls to both GTconnect and Card services once i get the other issue resolved i il update the house or we can simply move this case off NL to whatsapp where there il be more privacy and we can all put heads together and work as a team .

i havent had the luxury of time to return to facebook nor twitter recently

my dear, they have refused or have you not mailed them? all these their customised mail is an evidence that they have refused to settle the issue.
Re: Class Action Suit Against Gtbank For Misleading 199/$ Card Charges by gbodimowo(m): 10:02pm On Mar 06, 2016
mavinc4u:

my dear, they have refused or have you not mailed them? all these their customised mail is an evidence that they have refused to settle the issue.

i swnt some mails last week noticed some were handpicked and given choriographed responses some were ignored outrightly
CBN says 2 weeks i il continue the mailing this week once theh have refused to address the issue, the next process will follow
Re: Class Action Suit Against Gtbank For Misleading 199/$ Card Charges by mavinc4u(f): 7:27pm On Mar 08, 2016
gbodimowo:

i swnt some mails last week noticed some were handpicked and given choriographed responses some were ignored outrightly
CBN says 2 weeks i il continue the mailing this week once theh have refused to address the issue, the next process will follow

Okay, at times I don't understand CBN way.

Modulator or moderator, we need more votes on the petition, help us push this to front page.
Re: Class Action Suit Against Gtbank For Misleading 199/$ Card Charges by feelme3(m): 8:06pm On Mar 08, 2016
Please how exactly do we make this work? I was thinking there's suppose to be a way to collect the signatures. Or is it just by commenting here? There's a page on Facebook - ConsumerActivist
I know the peeps that run it and I think they have a reasonable following. Maybe Op should reach them and lets see how we can collate signatures with verifiable IDs and platform to show proof of the scam. I am tired of GTB's rip off mehn!
Re: Class Action Suit Against Gtbank For Misleading 199/$ Card Charges by gbodimowo(m): 1:47am On Mar 09, 2016
feelme3:
Please how exactly do we make this work? I was thinking there's suppose to be a way to collect the signatures. Or is it just by commenting here? There's a page on Facebook - ConsumerActivist
I know the peeps that run it and I think they have a reasonable following. Maybe Op should reach them and lets see how we can collate signatures with verifiable IDs and platform to show proof of the scam. I am tired of GTB's rip off mehn!

Please kindly contact them on our behalf I was at my branch yesterday, and the English they were speaking didn't make sense to me has anyone done anything other than posting here and Facebook? What was the outcome so far)

Imagine them saying CC staffs are less knowledgeable
Re: Class Action Suit Against Gtbank For Misleading 199/$ Card Charges by mavinc4u(f): 3:59am On Mar 09, 2016
gbodimowo:

Please kindly contact them on our behalf I was at my branch yesterday, and the English they were speaking didn't make sense to me has anyone done anything other than posting here and Facebook? What was the outcome so far)

Imagine them saying CC staffs are less knowledgeable

They are vomiting rubbish any how. They are less knowledgeable yet they are representing the image of their organization.
Re: Class Action Suit Against Gtbank For Misleading 199/$ Card Charges by Infinitikoncept(m): 2:00pm On Mar 10, 2016
mavinc4u:

They are vomiting rubbish any how. They are less knowledgeable yet they are representing the image of their organization.
Same trash the guy who attended to my call after I told the first CC agent she doesn't know anything about online transactions so she had to pass me to their supervisor and I asked let's assume its truly a system glitch is he trying to tell me that GTBANK can be hacked for close to 72 hours and everyone's money gone? He went mute

1 Like

Re: Class Action Suit Against Gtbank For Misleading 199/$ Card Charges by duduade: 9:18pm On Mar 10, 2016
I'm in
Re: Class Action Suit Against Gtbank For Misleading 199/$ Card Charges by gbodimowo(m): 1:01am On Mar 11, 2016
Infinitikoncept:

Same trash the guy who attended to my call after I told the first CC agent she doesn't know anything about online transactions so she had to pass me to their supervisor and I asked let's assume its truly a system glitch is he trying to tell me that GTBANK can be hacked for close to 72 hours and everyone's money gone? He went mute

After a lot of dellibrating i came to realize that it was a perfectly orchestrated deal and we need to move from the level of CC /account officers to the guys in the big leagues who were the ultimate beneficiaries of the scam

Please at no point should anyone subscribe to the idea that "the system can't be changed"

if we allow that , all what we are and have been working for would be in vain.
Thank you
I would be on whatsapp soon sorting some issues out at the moment, tha'ts why i have been away.
Re: Class Action Suit Against Gtbank For Misleading 199/$ Card Charges by mavinc4u(f): 1:20am On Mar 11, 2016
gbodimowo:

After a lot of dellibrating i came to realize that it was a perfectly orchestrated deal and we need to move from the level of CC /account officers to the guys in the big leagues who were the ultimate beneficiaries of the scam

Please at no point should anyone subscribe to the idea that "the system can't be changed"

Thank you
I would be on whatsapp soon sorting some issues out at the moment, tha'ts why i have been away.

The next step would be sending mail to them and copying cbn.
Re: Class Action Suit Against Gtbank For Misleading 199/$ Card Charges by bdavis: 7:20am On Mar 14, 2016
mavinc4u:

The next step would be sending mail to them and copying cbn.

@mavinc4u: sent you a PM, please respond.

gbodimowo:

Thank you

I think it was planned as well...
Re: Class Action Suit Against Gtbank For Misleading 199/$ Card Charges by mavinc4u(f): 9:25am On Mar 14, 2016
bdavis:

@mavinc4u: sent you a PM, please respond.

I think it was planned as well...

Replied
Re: Class Action Suit Against Gtbank For Misleading 199/$ Card Charges by Phony200(m): 3:20am On Mar 23, 2016
Bump... guys, any updates?
Re: Class Action Suit Against Gtbank For Misleading 199/$ Card Charges by Nobody: 8:20pm On Mar 23, 2016
So I went to Dubai with family last week and used the Fidelity mastercard and to my suprise I was charged 95 naira to 1 Dirham. Even when the exchnge rate is suppose to be 55.6 Naira to 1 dirhams.

Please skol me maybe am missing something.
Regards
Re: Class Action Suit Against Gtbank For Misleading 199/$ Card Charges by gbodimowo(m): 1:51pm On Apr 09, 2016
Phony200:
Here is a good place to start the complaint process per the 2011 CBN guidelines as stated on their website.

Summary

Source: http://www.cenbank.org/Supervision/cpdcomgt.asp

Seen
Re: Class Action Suit Against Gtbank For Misleading 199/$ Card Charges by litaninja(m): 10:20am On Apr 25, 2016
Any progress?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Starting A Barbing Saloon, Club & Restaurant / Ariaria Market Gets Power Generation, Distribution Licences / Fish Farming Is Profitable With Mobile Pond And Recirculating System (RAS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.