Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,855 members, 7,810,284 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:28 AM

Crude Oil Will Soon Sell For $50 Per Barrel – Kachikwu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Crude Oil Will Soon Sell For $50 Per Barrel – Kachikwu (22809 Views)

FG Warns Niger Delta Youths - Oil Will Dry, Prepare For The Future / Crude Oil Hits $50 Per Barrel. Nigeria not Benefitting / What Okonjo-Iweala Said When Oil Was $76 Per Barrel (Flash Back) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Crude Oil Will Soon Sell For $50 Per Barrel – Kachikwu by ijustdey: 2:51pm On Feb 29, 2016
At a time when crude oil is selling for about $30 per barrel, Nigeria’s Minister for Petroleum Resources, Dr. Ibe Kachikwu has expressed his conviction that the days ahead will see a barrel of the commodity selling for $50.

Speaking with CNBC’s Fast Money, the Minister disclosed that he will continue to push for production freeze consensus and was upbeat that OPEC members would be able to come to an agreement to freeze oil production as a way to combat the low oil price.

“The minister for energy in Qatar and the president of OPEC is leading that pact and there is a lot of conversation going on and there’s a lot of consensus building on the issue of the freeze.

“Saudi Arabia and Russia are aligned on the issue of a freeze, so I think the chances are very high,” Kachikwu stated.

Stressing that movements towards a freeze represent a big step in the right direction, he told the media outfit that he remained confident of his plan to work with OPEC members, adding that “the Saudi’s are quite frankly in the forefront of pushing the freeze issue.”

The Oil Minister, who explained that a potential output freeze among OPEC members has made him bullish when it comes to oil prices in 2016, said that he expects crude prices to take a major jump by the end of the year.

“I am certainly hoping for prices in the range of $45 to $50. I’m hoping a consensus can be built and that parties can begin to work together across the board, not just OPEC members, but also non-OPEC members,which is what the gulf states and most of us have pushed for. With that, you’ll begin to see movement upwards in those prices,” he stated.

http://dailypost.ng/2016/02/29/crude-oil-will-soon-sell-for-50-per-barrel-kachikwu/

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Crude Oil Will Soon Sell For $50 Per Barrel – Kachikwu by Adaowerri111: 2:52pm On Feb 29, 2016
I can see everything turning around, buhari's never say die attitude was what we really needed

57 Likes 1 Share

Re: Crude Oil Will Soon Sell For $50 Per Barrel – Kachikwu by Akkord4gov: 3:02pm On Feb 29, 2016
Adaowerri111:
I can see everything turning around, buhari's never say die attitude was what we really needed

There is difference between an upsurge in the price of oil and good governance. At least some people were there when the price was $140
All we want is good governance,everything to turn around for good no matter what it costs and how we go about it

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Crude Oil Will Soon Sell For $50 Per Barrel – Kachikwu by Frankiss44(m): 4:22pm On Feb 29, 2016
I expect a denial in less than 24 hrs..

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Crude Oil Will Soon Sell For $50 Per Barrel – Kachikwu by realjoker(m): 4:36pm On Feb 29, 2016
Frankiss44:
I expect a denial in less than 24 hrs..
To deny what?
I am sure you did not read the content of the op, you are only trying to be FTC, make unreasonable lamentation as usual and garner likes from your co-travelers or you lack basic comprehension.

57 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Crude Oil Will Soon Sell For $50 Per Barrel – Kachikwu by Richardonald(m): 4:42pm On Feb 29, 2016
Devil jst dey look all this evil politician with their lies and they laff

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Crude Oil Will Soon Sell For $50 Per Barrel – Kachikwu by Standing5(m): 4:47pm On Feb 29, 2016
Oil may or may not go up. Management is what we need. PDP finished us, just look at the case of FG ghost workers, 23,000+ of them averaging N100,000/month.

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Crude Oil Will Soon Sell For $50 Per Barrel – Kachikwu by sdindan: 4:50pm On Feb 29, 2016
Standing5:
Oil may or may not go up. Management is what we need. PDP finished us, just look at the case of FG ghost workers, 23,000+ of them averaging N100,000/month.

so federal ghost workers is only PDP problem.

Guy you need holy spirit in ur life,

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Crude Oil Will Soon Sell For $50 Per Barrel – Kachikwu by Ofodirinwa: 4:57pm On Feb 29, 2016
This man is an slowpoke. The price is low because the US has more oil than both Saudi and Russia and is no longer importing the way it used to. Soon they will even export adding to world over supply. The US is no longer interested in foreign oil. They can freeze whatever they want to freeze the price will keep dropping as they find oil in new places here in the US.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Crude Oil Will Soon Sell For $50 Per Barrel – Kachikwu by LordAdam: 5:16pm On Feb 29, 2016
I am hopeful too.

June 2016 OPEC general meeting might see a freeze deal come about. If it would get to $50 is not something I'm sure about, but it should exceed the $38 which the finance ministry pegged the 2016 budget on.

Now the issue is how to address the huge N2.2t deficit and place proactive measures in place in case a freeze deal does not happen. One can not really be certain. Russia has already planned ahead. Saudi Arabia has already planned ahead with $700b in reserves. Qatar is the richest country in the world by GDP per capita (their population is only about 2 million people).

Nigeria cannot afford to rest our hopes on the backs of countries that can afford to run their economies for the next 10 years on current oil price. Buhari should act now. We are already feeling the effect of his docility when he refused to appoint ministers for 5 months. If he hopes on a freeze deal and that falls through, the weight of the recession will overshadow him.

-Lord

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Crude Oil Will Soon Sell For $50 Per Barrel – Kachikwu by Frankiss44(m): 5:18pm On Feb 29, 2016
realjoker:
To deny what?
I am sure you did not read the content of the op, you are only trying to be FTC, make unreasonable lamentation as usual and garner likes from your co-travelers or you lack basic comprehension.

What an idiotic conclusion... You have been noticed. You may fly

2 Likes

Re: Crude Oil Will Soon Sell For $50 Per Barrel – Kachikwu by chriskosherbal(m): 5:21pm On Feb 29, 2016
Of course I believe freezing will do the magic.

2 Likes

Re: Crude Oil Will Soon Sell For $50 Per Barrel – Kachikwu by asha80(m): 5:38pm On Feb 29, 2016
ijustdey:

http://dailypost.ng/2016/02/29/crude-oil-will-soon-sell-for-50-per-barrel-kachikwu/
LordAdam:
I am hopeful too.
June 2016 OPEC general meeting might see a freeze deal come about. If it would get to $50 is not something I'm sure about, but it should exceed the $38 which the finance ministry pegged the 2016 budget on.
Now the issue is how to address the huge N2.2t deficit and place proactive measures in place in case a freeze deal does not happen. One can not really be certain. Russia has already planned ahead. Saudi Arabia has already planned ahead with $700b in reserves. Qatar is the richest country in the world by GDP per capita (their population is only about 2 million people).
Nigeria cannot afford to rest our hopes on the backs of countries that can afford to run their economies for the next 10 years on current oil price. Buhari should act now. We are already feeling the effect of his docility when he refused to appoint ministers for 5 months. If he hopes on a freeze deal and that falls through, the weight of the recession will overshadow him.
-Lord
Ofodirinwa:
This man is an slowpoke. The price is low because the US has more oil than both Saudi and Russia and is no longer importing the way it used to. Soon they will even export adding to world over supply. The US is no longer interested in foreign oil. They can freeze whatever they want to freeze the price will keep dropping as they find oil in new places here in the US.
http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSKCN0W20JH

I hope kachikwu is aware

2 Likes

Re: Crude Oil Will Soon Sell For $50 Per Barrel – Kachikwu by LordAdam: 5:55pm On Feb 29, 2016
asha80:

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSKCN0W20JH

I hope kachikwu is aware

Seriously, that thing no concern Kachikwu. Na Saudi Arabia problem be that.

In the long run that would be a problem for Nigeria since it is becoming increasingly difficult for us to sell our oil, but I think Kachikwu and PMB is under a lot of pressure to do all they can to push for an oil freeze that will see oil price increase right now. That is their immediate problem.

The article you pasted is a recent article, which underscores the reason why I said we should plan for the worst. Saudi Arabia has already frozen output to January outputs, a freeze deal might be similar, so that the rise in rate is only marginal or to guard against more fall in price than to guarantee increase in price. Which means, we may not really get the major rise we are hoping for, and will greatly affect our finances and MTEF. Make hay while the sun shines. I am warning Buhari!!!

The fall in oil price is solely orchestrated by Saudi Arabia. They could have enforced a cut and other OPEC producers will follow suit. But they let the price drop because they wanted to checkmate the growing rise of the global market share of US Oil producers.

Their plan has been vaguely successful so I expect them to take a break middle of this year, then let things slide more later on if the US shale oil are stupid enough to try to be too ambitious again.

-Lord

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Crude Oil Will Soon Sell For $50 Per Barrel – Kachikwu by rusher14: 6:33pm On Feb 29, 2016
Ofodirinwa:

In fact, we should make you minister of state for petroleum.

You sabi pass even the people wey dey position and industry.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Crude Oil Will Soon Sell For $50 Per Barrel – Kachikwu by Mynd419: 6:42pm On Feb 29, 2016
Is only crude oil that I have seen Nigerians especially the zombies pray for higher price.

What of the countries that buys crude oil because they don't have oil... Na to pray more than Nigerians be that??

One tends to wonder what kind of prayer Nigeria would have prayed if she lacks oil.

Bunch of hypocrites

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Crude Oil Will Soon Sell For $50 Per Barrel – Kachikwu by yaki84: 7:52pm On Feb 29, 2016
realjoker:
To deny what?

freeze means reduction in production amongs the opec countries so iit will spur demands. dont forget we r part of opec so if they all agree on freeze nigeria will be part of the deal n our 2+million barrels a day production must be cut to either 1.2 or less. they cant preach freeze n think its only saudis n russia that will cut their production n we increase ours. so at d end of the day we will still be on d low side.
what they shud be talkng abt is solid minerals, agriculture n tourism n not this oil oil oil thing. what if oil dries up today so buhari go sell off nigeria be dat?
people r dying in niger state cause of lead poisoning due to illegal mining of gold. nobody is sending jtf n the whole army to go checkmate these illegal miners but na oil dem eye is fixed on.
how God go tek answer our prayers when some people r prosecuted for committing a crime but others wjo commit same crime r not even convicted nor arrested.

6 Likes

Re: Crude Oil Will Soon Sell For $50 Per Barrel – Kachikwu by UrbanMystique: 7:56pm On Feb 29, 2016
realjoker:
To deny what?
lol.. More like co zombies..

Just wail abuse buhari and watch your like pile up even when the post is complete crap.

1 Like

Re: Crude Oil Will Soon Sell For $50 Per Barrel – Kachikwu by yaki84: 7:56pm On Feb 29, 2016
Standing5:

so all the civil servants in fg na pdp employ dem abi?
ur case is pathetic.
know now, civil servants r more corrupt than politicians.

4 Likes

Re: Crude Oil Will Soon Sell For $50 Per Barrel – Kachikwu by yaki84: 8:05pm On Feb 29, 2016
hw much will it cost us to build a 500k barrel per day refinery? if its like 1billion dolls, we hv 27billion dolls sitting in d reserve waiting for squandering via buhari tours. why not remove 4billion dolls from thr n build 4 refineries with capacity to refine 500,000 barrels of oil per day. which will make it 2million a day capaciy when total. with dat we will be self sufficient in domestic fuel n will also be exporting growing back our reserve. not only that, abt 10,000 nigerians will be gainfully employed directly n indirectly.
dont know whether am making sense , but I believe some risk r worth taking.

4 Likes

Re: Crude Oil Will Soon Sell For $50 Per Barrel – Kachikwu by Ofodirinwa: 8:22pm On Feb 29, 2016
rusher14:

In fact, we should make you minister of state for petroleum.

You sabi pass even the people wey dey position and industry.

Keep talking about what doesn't matter while your economy burns. Go ahead and attack me, I don't stay in Nigeria.
Re: Crude Oil Will Soon Sell For $50 Per Barrel – Kachikwu by realjoker(m): 8:51pm On Feb 29, 2016
yaki84:

freeze means reduction in production amongs the opec countries so iit will spur demands. dont forget we r part of opec so if they all agree on freeze nigeria will be part of the deal n our 2+million barrels a day production must be cut to either 1.2 or less. they cant preach freeze n think its only saudis n russia that will cut their production n we increase ours. so at d end of the day we will still be on d low side.
what they shud be talkng abt is solid minerals, agriculture n tourism n not this oil oil oil thing. what if oil dries up today so buhari go sell off nigeria be dat?
people r dying in niger state cause of lead poisoning due to illegal mining of gold. nobody is sending jtf n the whole army to go checkmate these illegal miners but na oil dem eye is fixed on.
how God go tek answer our prayers when some people r prosecuted for committing a crime but others wjo commit same crime r not even convicted nor arrested.
I see some senses in your post but freezing portion of production wont be base on a fix quantity it will be base on a fix percentage of current production by agreeing members, or do you expect opec and non opec member to agree on a fix quantity production cut i.e 1m barrel per member? Hell no, it will be base on percentage eg. 5% cut in output i.e saudi and russia who produce above 10m barrel each will have to cut their output by over 500k barrel each and other members cutting output too at the same fix percentage respectively. And on diversivication of the economy to mining and agriculture government dont have the technology and fund to start mining as we all know our forex is very low right nw the best they can do right nw is to solicit fr foreign firms to invest in our solid miniral mining which will b very rare to get at the moment do to global economic recession, or pray for the rise of the price of crude oil which is our major source of forex, without this happening our hope of diversify our economy to mining and industrialization is very slim, because we have to import the technology required to do so. I knw u guys dont knw the challeges facing the government and the of aggresive measures they put in place to defend the economy. Or do u think an emloyer who earn above 100k(forex) annually before with an expenses of over 80k to pay for services and purchase render by outsider (importation, foreign; medical, tourism, education, etc) to pay for that now start earning below 35k(forex) annually,. All those blaming current government on our current economic woes those nt have basic understanding on how international trade works and how a countary economy is being run.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Crude Oil Will Soon Sell For $50 Per Barrel – Kachikwu by rusher14: 9:16pm On Feb 29, 2016
Ofodirinwa:

Keep talking about what doesn't matter while your economy burns. Go ahead and attack me, I don't stay in Nigeria.

[b]You don't stay in Nigeria, big deal.

What do you do for a living that makes you think you have more details than the current minister of state for petroleum resources and group managing director?

Please just tell me what vital information you have that perhaps he isn't privy to.

What makes you think some of us who support the government considering how badly we've had governance over the years, do so out of hunger or total dependence on how the nation performs?

Try to be more objective in how you make statements.

All nations, oil producing and servicing companies depending on the basket price of oil for their existence, are groaning presently. They are making projections based on their expectations and more importantly, on information that they have while you scorn based on the two-bit Google search any 16 year old could churn out.

Please don't even try to justify your statement.

It's obvious you were simply playing to the gallery - hoping for likes and shares to massage some ego that simply needs a break. [/b]

12 Likes

Re: Crude Oil Will Soon Sell For $50 Per Barrel – Kachikwu by realjoker(m): 9:17pm On Feb 29, 2016
yaki84:
hw much will it cost us to build a 500k barrel per day refinery? if its like 1billion dolls, we hv 27billion dolls sitting in d reserve waiting for squandering via buhari tours. why not remove 4billion dolls from thr n build 4 refineries with capacity to refine 500,000 barrels of oil per day. which will make it 2million a day capaciy when total. with dat we will be self sufficient in domestic fuel n will also be exporting growing back our reserve. not only that, abt 10,000 nigerians will be gainfully employed directly n indirectly.
dont know whether am making sense , but I believe some risk r worth taking.
Dangote is currently building one at a capacity of refining 750k bpd at the cost of about $11b and will create 25k direct jobs plus close 100k indirect jobs,(that is why Dangote still remain nigeria smartest businessman) so have u seen that its nt economical viable fr the government to dabble into such project nw, and our current fuel consumption is around 260 bpd, i am very sure the current fuel consumption of west africa countaries is nt upto 1m bpd, so refining above 1m bpd is economical sucidal, no market to sell refine oil product to.

1 Like

Re: Crude Oil Will Soon Sell For $50 Per Barrel – Kachikwu by ddippset(m): 9:48pm On Feb 29, 2016
LordAdam:
I am hopeful too.

-Lord
you made very good points by pointing out countries with huge reserves like the saudis with 700 billion dollars but you had to blame buhari for not appointing ministers instead of blaming those people who embezzled all our money when oil was 140 dollars per barrel?

2 Likes

Re: Crude Oil Will Soon Sell For $50 Per Barrel – Kachikwu by MrPresident1: 9:53pm On Feb 29, 2016
It will become 50 dollars and the next day it will crash completely grin
Re: Crude Oil Will Soon Sell For $50 Per Barrel – Kachikwu by InwehAkpevwe(m): 9:54pm On Feb 29, 2016
Even at $50 per barrel... The Nigeria economy has to be diversified. My 2 kobo

1 Like

Re: Crude Oil Will Soon Sell For $50 Per Barrel – Kachikwu by saintkel(m): 9:54pm On Feb 29, 2016
Ok and I pray Nigerians enjoy d labour of dia hands
Re: Crude Oil Will Soon Sell For $50 Per Barrel – Kachikwu by tempest01(m): 9:55pm On Feb 29, 2016
G
Re: Crude Oil Will Soon Sell For $50 Per Barrel – Kachikwu by martineverest(m): 9:58pm On Feb 29, 2016
Most Nigerians, especially the huge educated illiterate(youths) doesn't know that bubu's voyage around the world Is far more beneficial and productive than sitting at home.. It's only a dullard that will see this traveling as unimportant

8 Likes

Re: Crude Oil Will Soon Sell For $50 Per Barrel – Kachikwu by Nobody: 10:00pm On Feb 29, 2016
confuse ppl
Re: Crude Oil Will Soon Sell For $50 Per Barrel – Kachikwu by DeKen: 10:00pm On Feb 29, 2016
Will this make APC stop blaming & fulfill their campaign promises?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Did The National Assembly Finally Okay The Increase In Electricity Tariff? / How Nigerians Contribute To Election Rigging They Complain About - Bishop Onah / Crisis Hits PDP Presidential Campaign In Ekiti

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.