Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,955 members, 7,810,646 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:40 PM

Crisis Hits PDP Presidential Campaign In Ekiti - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Crisis Hits PDP Presidential Campaign In Ekiti (22810 Views)

Mass Resignation Hits PDP In Delta State / ‘They Will Labour To Death’ — Tinubu Hits PDP, LP At APC Mega Rally In Osun / Mass Resignation Hits PDP Bayelsa State Government. "Everybody" Is Resigning. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Crisis Hits PDP Presidential Campaign In Ekiti by yns4real: 6:33pm On Jan 07, 2019
*Olujimi petitions Secondus, wants Campaign Council dissolved

The presidential campaign of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Ekiti State looks set for a bumpy ride as the rivalry between immediate past governor of the state, Ayodele Fayose and the Senate Minority Leader, Chief Biodun Olujimi, has taken the center stage as the state chapter of the Presidential Campaign Council was inaugurated Monday.

Senator Olujimi, who has kicked against the composition of the state chapter of the campaign council, has consequently petitioned the National Chairman of the party, Chief Uche Secondus, calling on the party’s National Working Committee to disband and reconstitute Atiku Abubakar Campaign Council in Ekiti State.

Olujimi, who has been in running battle with Fayose over the leadership of the PDP in the state, accused the former governor of allegedly hijacking the council and filling the body with those she referred to as Fayose’s cronies.

In the petition dated January 6, 2019, and signed by herself, she held that only immediate dissolution of the council she said was “highly lopsided” would “avert unnecessary cleavages in Ekiti PDP.”

According to Olujimi, who is also the party’s candidate in the February 6 election, failure to accede to the request could mar the party’s electoral chances in the state.

Olujimi said: “The original composition had Professor Olusola Kolapo as chairman; Otunba Yinka Akerele as Director-General, and Chief Sanya Atofarati as Spokesperson/Director of Media among others while the position of Secretary did not exist in the original composition by the National Directorate.”

But Olujimi said she was rejecting a team that was recently announced in the media, which also has Professor Olusola as chairman but has Chief Dipo Anisulowo as Director General; Chief Gboyega Oguntuase as Secretary; Jackson Adebayo as Spokesperson and Lere Olayinka as Director, Media and Publicity.”

Olujimi claimed that Fayose had hijacked the council, placed his cronies in all strategic positions allegedly with the sinister intention to sideline other members of the party from participating in mobilising for the PDP presidential candidate during the election.

She therefore charged Prince Secondus to compel Fayose, who is the South West Coordinator of the Atiku campaign, “to adhere strictly to the resolution reached by stakeholders on how the council should be composed at a stakeholders’ meeting held in Ado Ekiti on December 28, 2018 to forestall cracks and crisis in the party ahead of the much-awaited polls.”

Olujimi said in the petition: “It should be understood that this is another orchestrated plan of former Governor Ayo Fayose to convert the party’s resources and fortunes to his personal enterprise as usual.

“He did it during the last governorship election and our party paid dearly for it in spite of my advice, warnings and outcry. Once beaten is twice shy.

“The publication reportedly cited the cronies and stooges of Mr Ayo Fayose as Chairman, Secretary, Director General, Spokesperson, Director of Media & Publicity among others.

“This is most unacceptable as Ekiti people and Nigerians cannot afford to lose this golden opportunity to change the APC-led maladministration both at the national and state levels for one person’s self-centeredness.”

She claimed that changes were made to members of Atiku/Obi Campaign Council for Ekiti State without notifying the stakeholders, describing such as “demeaning and mischievous.”

She warned that, “if he (Mr Ayo Fayose) fails to comply with the above, we shall be left with no other option than to take appropriate actions that will reflect the wish of the people as agreed in the meeting of the Campaign Council at the PDP State Secretariat and chaired by Professor Olusola Kolapo, the Campaign Council Chairman on 28 December, 2018.”
https://www.tribuneonlineng.com/182409/

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Crisis Hits PDP Presidential Campaign In Ekiti by demolinka(m): 6:42pm On Jan 07, 2019
Olujimi is the leader of the pdp in ekiti by constitutional provision, no need for political muscle flexing.

Shameful how a party that wishes to lay claim to the electoral mandate can't even respect it's own constitution. Or is it because she's a woman? Or because fayose still has looted funds stashed in some corners?

Shameless party!

36 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Crisis Hits PDP Presidential Campaign In Ekiti by seunmsg(m): 6:46pm On Jan 07, 2019
As e dey pain them for Ekiti PDP, e dey sweet us for the other side.

Even if Fayose takes over as chairman of the campaign and Olujimi as DG, PDP will still lose massively in Ekiti next month. The party is as good as dead in the state as we speak.

59 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Crisis Hits PDP Presidential Campaign In Ekiti by NaijaRoyalty(m): 6:50pm On Jan 07, 2019
seunmsg:
As e dey pain them for Ekiti PDP, e dey sweet us for the other side.

E dey sweet you but buhari bad governance no dey sweet Rotimi Amaechi

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Crisis Hits PDP Presidential Campaign In Ekiti by Davidfash10000: 6:53pm On Jan 07, 2019
Psquare Officially Ended Their Career After This Happened...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L70sWedvgn0

Chioma Officially Broke Up With Davido After This Happened...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKB4Dy-DFfg
Re: Crisis Hits PDP Presidential Campaign In Ekiti by IamPatriotic(m): 6:53pm On Jan 07, 2019
grin it can't be in Ekiti alone, Atiku ati Obi omo Igbo won't a successful campaign anywhere in yoruba land, are we mad to support strangers when we have our darling son on the throne already?

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Crisis Hits PDP Presidential Campaign In Ekiti by kolnel: 6:54pm On Jan 07, 2019
lol
Why fighting over a losing party?
Seems everybody wants part of atiku loot
Nothing sweet pass free money

Fayose is now fighting for relevance
Life

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Crisis Hits PDP Presidential Campaign In Ekiti by superlanny(m): 6:55pm On Jan 07, 2019
may this be the beginning of many more crisis to come. I can never wish the devil well.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Crisis Hits PDP Presidential Campaign In Ekiti by creolehunt: 6:56pm On Jan 07, 2019
A former two term governor and a sitting minister has said that the country is going no where, but 30k mobilised e-rats who have never met the PA to the PA to the PA of the lifeless dullard thinks otherwise.

3 Likes

Re: Crisis Hits PDP Presidential Campaign In Ekiti by seunmsg(m): 6:56pm On Jan 07, 2019
NaijaRoyalty:

The picture above says otherwise.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Crisis Hits PDP Presidential Campaign In Ekiti by helinues: 6:57pm On Jan 07, 2019
Fayose should get to know he has been schemed out of power in Ekiti..

Respect is reciprocal

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Crisis Hits PDP Presidential Campaign In Ekiti by ItzBIM(m): 6:57pm On Jan 07, 2019
Sowore train don hit them

1 Like

Re: Crisis Hits PDP Presidential Campaign In Ekiti by cityhub(m): 6:58pm On Jan 07, 2019
Re: Crisis Hits PDP Presidential Campaign In Ekiti by emeijeh(m): 6:58pm On Jan 07, 2019
It doesn't stop the fact that Amaechi, madridguy, marincilic and that jobless BBQ guy are crying bitterly, somewhere.
Re: Crisis Hits PDP Presidential Campaign In Ekiti by ademoladeji(m): 6:59pm On Jan 07, 2019
Ekiti peeps get wahala too much. The state is a land of Petition
Re: Crisis Hits PDP Presidential Campaign In Ekiti by Mutecgold92(m): 6:59pm On Jan 07, 2019
Kk
Re: Crisis Hits PDP Presidential Campaign In Ekiti by Smile4daddy(m): 6:59pm On Jan 07, 2019
NaijaRoyalty:

As you go dey here dey hate, na so we go dey the next level dey Laugh.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Crisis Hits PDP Presidential Campaign In Ekiti by quickberry(m): 6:59pm On Jan 07, 2019
grin

PDP is dead and buried in Ekiti and Nigeria as a whole

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Crisis Hits PDP Presidential Campaign In Ekiti by ORIENTATION101: 6:59pm On Jan 07, 2019
Pdp in southwest region should collect atiku money and spend apc will allocate 20% vote for them
What re brothers forgrin

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Crisis Hits PDP Presidential Campaign In Ekiti by Yomboy4ever(m): 6:59pm On Jan 07, 2019
No peace for the wicked

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Crisis Hits PDP Presidential Campaign In Ekiti by NaijaRoyalty(m): 7:00pm On Jan 07, 2019
Smile4daddy:

As you go dey here dey hate, na so we go dey the next level dey Laugh.

Even mad people too dey laugh

So your laughter no mean all s well with you cheesy cheesy
Re: Crisis Hits PDP Presidential Campaign In Ekiti by kareemkamil(m): 7:00pm On Jan 07, 2019
Fayose don play home goal

2 Likes

Re: Crisis Hits PDP Presidential Campaign In Ekiti by Nobody: 7:01pm On Jan 07, 2019
demolinka:
Olujimi is the leader of the pdp in ekiti by constitutional provision, no need for political muscle flexing.

Shameful how a party that wishes to lay claim to the electoral mandate can't even respect it's own constitution. Or is it because she's a woman? Or because fayose still has looted funds stashed in some corners?

Shameless party!
but another party I know have a certain tinubu as national leader
Re: Crisis Hits PDP Presidential Campaign In Ekiti by Alepa(m): 7:01pm On Jan 07, 2019
Pdpigz and crisis be like 5 and 6
Sai buhari forever

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Crisis Hits PDP Presidential Campaign In Ekiti by Nobeluscabral: 7:01pm On Jan 07, 2019
Nairalanders you all should be careful when dealing with people.

This dude called Nobelus Cabral scammed me of 800 euros two weeks ago. He promised to pay back by 27th of December when he gets his Paycheck by December 27th but when it was time to pay he blocked me on Facebook, and blocked my 3 numbers on WhatsApp.

The dude reside in Georgia USA and he's feeling that there's nothing that can be done to get him down.
The Internet is a world of its own when I'm done tarnishing this fraudster image he will sure get deported.

You think you can scam me of my hard earned 800 euros and go Scott free? Brother I'll tarnish your image everywhere.

His phone number/WhatsApp +16786814379
Facebook name - Nobelus Cabral

Re: Crisis Hits PDP Presidential Campaign In Ekiti by RexTramadol1: 7:03pm On Jan 07, 2019
Diversion
Re: Crisis Hits PDP Presidential Campaign In Ekiti by Nobeluscabral: 7:04pm On Jan 07, 2019
Nairalanders you all should be careful when dealing with people.

This dude called Nobelus Cabral scammed me of 800 euros two weeks ago. He promised to pay back by 27th of December when he gets his Paycheck by December 27th but when it was time to pay he blocked me on Facebook, and blocked my 3 numbers on WhatsApp.

The dude reside in Georgia USA and he's feeling that there's nothing that can be done to get him down.
The Internet is a world of its own when I'm done tarnishing this fraudster image he will sure get deported.

You think you can scam me of my hard earned 800 euros and go Scott free? Brother I'll tarnish your image everywhere.

His phone number/WhatsApp Nairalanders you all should be careful when dealing with people.

His phone number/WhatsApp [b] +16786814379

Facebook name - Nobelus Cabral

Re: Crisis Hits PDP Presidential Campaign In Ekiti by PromixTuhh(m): 7:05pm On Jan 07, 2019
President Sowore 2019

1 Like

Re: Crisis Hits PDP Presidential Campaign In Ekiti by Adebowale89(m): 7:06pm On Jan 07, 2019
Peedeepee as Radio ekiti do sound it grin

ogun and ekiti where PDP would have get high votes are struggling for party survival and yet Atiku expect to bank on them

in Lagos PDP had been deserted having jimi battling supremacy with bode George and other PDP stakeholders

do I need to talk about osun state that PDP members are even suing their own members. PDP in osun have been scoring home goal since the last governorship election

in Oyo state, is it Makinde that's politically lonely that would deliver for Atiku? makinde that's very much concern how to wrestle from APC and incumbent party that has no crisis in Oyo state that would deliver for Atiku?

if Atiku don't get upto 90% each from south south and south East, he should forget getting upto 40% in overall election

North is going to be a less battle for Buhari and PDP aren't doing much rigorous campaign as expected in North zones, instead they were monitoring APC campaigns and tapes grin

Feb 16, PDP and its supporters go dey OK las las las grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Abdulraham Abdulrazaq Campaigns In Pakata Kwara. O To Ge / Sanwo-olu’s Stern Message To SSG, Chief Of Staff / HURIWA: Hardship, Fuel Scarcity: You’ll Go To Hell If You Don’t Protest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.