Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,004 members, 7,838,516 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:43 AM

What Do You Think About The Nigerian Police Force - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / What Do You Think About The Nigerian Police Force (788 Views)

Hilarious Statements Made By Criminals In Nigerian Police Custody / Photo Of The Nigerian Undergraduate Jailed For 24yrs For N25m Internet Scam / The Nigerian Who Died In Police Custody In South Africa (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do You Think About The Nigerian Police Force by skyy04(m): 2:30pm On Jul 14, 2009
To the best of my knowledge for a country to be succesful, progressive, and maintain law and order we need police men that are Educated, Equiped, Smart, be able to investigate issues, atleast know a bit of the country laws and be trained with the latest technology.

Hello felas what are your thoughts about the Nigerian police?
Re: What Do You Think About The Nigerian Police Force by mccloud224(m): 10:15pm On Jul 14, 2009
The way i see it, there is nothing wrong with our police force.All the negativity you see within them is a reflection of our society.As they say, you reap what you sow.The NPF is not the only corrupt or dysfunctional arm of government.Every other parastatal is in chaos for example, we have a water corporation.How many people have access to it and how many of those who have access receive steady water supply?Then we have LASTMA who i believe were supposed to alleviate road mishaps and the general well being of Nigerian road users but what do you see?They are virtually nothing but glorified touts who are out for only one sole purpose, to harass road users and extort money.How about our army?Navy?Air force?Are they any better?They are the same bunch of glorified area boys who's only function is to terrorize citizens.Beatings and murders of civilians over the most ridiculous issues by these bunch of animals is not news in this country.Then there is NEPA or rather PHCN.I won't comment much on this coz i could go on forever.Billions upon billions are being sunk into there.Is light improving?NO, instead, it gets worse.Then there is EFCC.These are another bunch of glorified touts who turn a blind eye to the big fish and go after those "within their reach".If they were doing their job, the likes of IBB,OBJ and thousands of other cohorts would be rotting in jails by now.Lets talk about the senate.These are supposed to be the upholders of the law.These are supposed to be lawmakers.These are supposed to be the people that set the trends of how people abide to the rule of law in this country but do they do their job?NO, instead all you hear about them is impeachment upon impeachment,constant tales of bribery and loobying,regular stories of massive looting of funds and all what not.

From the few examples above, you can understand that the NPF is not the problem.The society is the problem.The NPF are the fruits of the make up of this country.I mean face it, you cannot expect them to be exemplary figures when they know those at the helm of affairs of this country are worse than the so called hardened criminals in kirikiri.How can they do their job when they are being bribed to harass voters during elections.You know what they say, YOU REAP WHAT YOU SOW.

Nuff said.
Re: What Do You Think About The Nigerian Police Force by Tudor6(f): 12:15am On Jul 15, 2009
The problem with our police force is CORRUPTION. I guess it's as a result of their poor pay. I do get a feeling that things might not change even if they triple their pay.
Re: What Do You Think About The Nigerian Police Force by mccloud224(m): 12:21am On Jul 15, 2009
I disagree.Corruption is not limited to the Police alone.Almost everyone in Nigeria is morally corrupt and wants to make the best out of any position they find themselves.The Police is not exception.There is no government parastatal that isn't corrupt.The only reason we talk about the Police more is that there are out there in the public to see.It's everywhere, even as a private business owner, you have to keep your eyes open 24/7 or your employees will rob you blind.It's not limited to Police alone.Leave dem to rest abeg.Dem dey try.
Re: What Do You Think About The Nigerian Police Force by mccloud224(m): 12:25am On Jul 15, 2009
Also, it has nothing to do with poor pay.My Uncle who retired as SP after 35 years in the NPF once told me that corruption can never end in the force no matter how much they are being paid.Even if he was being payed N10 million naira a month, he would still send his boys out for "daily money".Once again, it has nothing to do with their pay.Think about it for a sec.
Re: What Do You Think About The Nigerian Police Force by mccloud224(m): 12:39am On Jul 15, 2009
I just checked out the website and discovered the website was originally named OBAMA.The name was changed to OKEKE after criticism.They still had to name the monkey after a prominent black man.Come on people, this is obviously a racist insult.
Re: What Do You Think About The Nigerian Police Force by mccloud224(m): 12:42am On Jul 15, 2009
Opps (The above post was meant for another topic, error, lol)

(1) (Reply)

Police Find Body Of Boy, 2, In Father’s Bag / Landlord Contracted Me To Rape Tenants – Suspected Rapist / 14 Nscdc Men In Abia Held For Murder

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.