Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,292 members, 7,836,283 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:31 AM

JAMB: Muslim Candidates In Hijab Harassed - MSSN - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / JAMB: Muslim Candidates In Hijab Harassed - MSSN (19255 Views)

Top Ten Institutions Chosen As First Choice By Candidates In 2018 UTME / Only 24 Candidates In Zamfara Passed 2017 Nov/Dec NECO GCE / Jamb Candidates In Makurdi Barricade Benue State Government House (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: JAMB: Muslim Candidates In Hijab Harassed - MSSN by mayowabola(f): 12:33am On Mar 01, 2016
sanandreas:
From that religion again. These Muslim women are so subjected. Under this heat they still wear hijab. If God wanted us to use it, we would have been born like that.
You were born without cloth.. U should b walking around naked

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: JAMB: Muslim Candidates In Hijab Harassed - MSSN by Nobody: 1:00am On Mar 01, 2016
lust20:
JAMB gradually becoming exam for only Christians – MSSN Lagos‎

There are strong indications that the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) organised by the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) is gradually becoming exclusive for Christians, the Muslim Students' Society of Nigeria, Lagos State Area Unit (MSSN Lagos) has alleged.

The group made the allegation following recent harassment and delay of Muslim candidates wearing Hijab before accessing some examination centers for the JAMB Computer Based Test (CBT) Examination in Lagos.

MSSN Lagos noted that it already visited two centres - Shoms International School and Daleware Institute of Technology in Lagos – due to the worrisome attitude of some JAMB officers, who expressed discriminatory act against female Muslim candidates on Hijab.

After visiting the centers, Amir (President) of MSSN Lagos, Mallam Saheed Ashafa, described the harassments of the female Muslim students as a strategy to allow candidates from other religion outshine Muslims’.

Ashafa explained that JAMB breached the constitution of Nigeria, which guaranteed fundamental human right of religion by denying female Muslim candidates from taking the examination.

He said, “There is no gain saying that JAMB is still a neutral body. Recent actions embarked upon by some officers of the body strongly indicate that JAMB-UTME is trending towards becoming an examination for only Christians. If not, why are JAMB officials refusing female Muslims from entering examination centers because they put on Hijab? Why did JAMB fix examination at a time ‎when Muslims were supposed to be observing their Jumaat?

"Examination bodies should stop tampering on the rights of Muslim students. While it is Muslims wish to participate in examinations, in the process we do not want our rights to freedom of religion to be trampled upon. JAMB cannot claim ignorance of the fact that Muslims observe their Jumaat prayer between 1pm and 3pm on Fridays.  

“JAMB should be reminded that the use of Hijab by the female Muslim students is a constitutional right which has been unequivocally affirmed and guaranteed by the 1999 constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, as amended and international instruments which Nigeria is a party to. We hope that this will stop without chaos.

"JAMB can only claim neutrality by stopping the refusal and delay of female Muslim candidates on Hijab from gaining entrance without stress like other students. We are not asking the examination body to infringe on other peoples religious rights but the JAMB must know clearly that the same reason why it cannot fix examination on Sunday (24 hours) and allow people to expose their unclothedness makes it un-ideal for it to fix examination during Jumaat time (two hours) and stop those coving their unclothedness with Hijab.

“As if that was not enough, JAMB also exposed candidates to danger in the name of writing examination by fixing examination for 6.30am, a time when Muslims will just be completing their morning salat (prayer). All these must be for an ulterior reason, part of which may be to make Muslim students not to perform well in the examination. We appeal to the JAMB authorities to put a stop to this before it degenerate into crisis.”

SIGNED:‎

Mallam Saheed Ashafa
Amir (President),
Muslim Students' Society of Nigeria, Lagos State Area Unit
08173291878, amir@mssnlagos.net
www.mssnlagos.net
Complete morons, not all Muslims use Hijabs. So how is jamb meant for only Christians?

3 Likes

Re: JAMB: Muslim Candidates In Hijab Harassed - MSSN by sanandreas(m): 1:03am On Mar 01, 2016
mayowabola:
You were born without cloth.. U should b walking around naked
behind that veil there is more to it. They use it to cover up. Women in Islam is just a tool for sexual satisfaction. They are in deep bondage. Read a book by wufa sultan published 2009.

3 Likes

Re: JAMB: Muslim Candidates In Hijab Harassed - MSSN by mayowabola(f): 1:42am On Mar 01, 2016
sanandreas:
behind that veil there is more to it. They use it to cover up. Women in Islam is just a tool for sexual satisfaction. They are in deep bondage. Read a book by wufa sultan published 2009.
I don't need to read any stupid book by a fake publisher.. U have the right to ur religion nd I have right to mine so far no Muslim woman ever complain to you..

So Catholic nuns also uses veils for sexual satisfaction, right??Pls respect urself so dat I'll respect ur religion.

2 Likes

Re: JAMB: Muslim Candidates In Hijab Harassed - MSSN by ademasta(m): 6:26am On Mar 01, 2016
EggovinMma:
Those long hijabs can hide shukuli cheesy grin
Besides, who would dare to sit close to hijab ladies these days? !
Now when I visit major market, I stay far far way from them, both young and old. cry
I no wan HEAR SAY THEM SEE ONE OF MY BREAST FOR WUSE MARKET AND THE OTHER FOR UTAKO MARKET!
Which kind girl be this grin .... one breast fit dey my mouth o
Re: JAMB: Muslim Candidates In Hijab Harassed - MSSN by akpur1(m): 6:31am On Mar 01, 2016
Mumu na me talk say Moslems no red book. Instead sniffing bicycle tire gum

2 Likes

Re: JAMB: Muslim Candidates In Hijab Harassed - MSSN by skyman200(m): 6:48am On Mar 01, 2016
the reason why it was like it is because of security purpose in the country.

1 Like

Re: JAMB: Muslim Candidates In Hijab Harassed - MSSN by kjnr(m): 7:11am On Mar 01, 2016
everything about muslims is nothing but selfish and negative thought. If only this dude what he is talking he will nt talk such shit... God help them (muslims) to have thought of like the christians

3 Likes

Re: JAMB: Muslim Candidates In Hijab Harassed - MSSN by Misterdhee1(m): 8:06am On Mar 01, 2016
Some people out of cluelessness and pure ignorance, will just come online to comment on an issue they lack proper knowledge about.. If you don't understand the rationale behind the compulsion of Hijab for Muslim Females, why not keep thy ignorance to Thyselves.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: JAMB: Muslim Candidates In Hijab Harassed - MSSN by Mcowubaba: 8:08am On Mar 01, 2016
EggovinMma:
Now when I visit major market, I stay far far way from them, both young and old. cry
I no wan HEAR SAY THEM SEE ONE OF MY BREAST FOR WUSE MARKET AND THE OTHER FOR UTAKO MARKET!
Don't worry, Nothing shall harm ur Breasts this Year....sad..Amen..

1 Like

Re: JAMB: Muslim Candidates In Hijab Harassed - MSSN by smarthG(f): 8:37am On Mar 01, 2016
BolaAdeyemo:
Religion of Piss

ℓ☺ℓ piss as in URINE?
Re: JAMB: Muslim Candidates In Hijab Harassed - MSSN by Okpueze1(m): 8:43am On Mar 01, 2016
BrainBoss:
Truth be said....
Thorough searching of the hijabians sister is cool. But, delaying or refusing to allow them in, because they are putting on Hijab is totally unacceptable.
Moreover, why should an exam be fixed during jummat time? More like, there should also be an exam on Sunday Morning!

Prejudice apart, The Examination regulatory Bodies should create a level play field for Religious place.

I ain't no religion Bigot, I'm just being Vociferous.
So you do not write WAEC/NECO or attend job interviews on Fridays? You all know how people lost their precious life trying to keep the sanctity of hijab in the country. Are you so insensitive or you care more for hijab than people's life? Friday is a full working day unless you want to constitutionally change that. Please stop all these propaganda with hijab! Life has no duplicate, life is precious!

2 Likes

Re: JAMB: Muslim Candidates In Hijab Harassed - MSSN by 7footre(m): 8:57am On Mar 01, 2016
EggovinMma:
Lol! You made ma day!!

1 Like

Re: JAMB: Muslim Candidates In Hijab Harassed - MSSN by Dexema(m): 9:07am On Mar 01, 2016
I'm sure this ashafa dude forgot his brain inside his turban when writing this nonsense.

1 Like

Re: JAMB: Muslim Candidates In Hijab Harassed - MSSN by henrydadon(m): 12:12pm On Mar 01, 2016
abeg nah the condition of the country cause am make she no vex..it better to always take preventive measure to avoid another bomb exploding
Re: JAMB: Muslim Candidates In Hijab Harassed - MSSN by 2sex(m): 12:15pm On Mar 01, 2016
The Muslims should shut the fork up... are they not the same people behind the abduction of Ese Oruru? So e dey pain una like this eh?

Bloody religion

1 Like

Re: JAMB: Muslim Candidates In Hijab Harassed - MSSN by utete: 12:16pm On Mar 01, 2016
All these stupid religious fundamentalists wouldn't cease to cause trouble for us, abeg make them go sleep na one when you wear hijab na him God go kill you without considering all these days when you don dey tie am for head. Abeg give me a "blake".
Re: JAMB: Muslim Candidates In Hijab Harassed - MSSN by Nobody: 12:19pm On Mar 01, 2016
dulux07:
One of the biggest problem in this world is religion. Can u imagine the accusations undecided. So Jamb improving their mode of operation, reducing malpractice and securing candidate's life has now become headache to a religious group. undecided undecided

I agree with the 1st sentence, and let me state firstly that I am not a muslim but why is JaMB fixing exams for 6.30 am and secondly in a country where we know no civil service office functions any friday afternoon because of muslim prayers, why are they fixing exams for Friday afternoon? Islam is not a minority religion in this country, so they must be accommodated.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: JAMB: Muslim Candidates In Hijab Harassed - MSSN by Slapsticker: 12:20pm On Mar 01, 2016
Hey Uncle Brainboss,

Have u seen these Muslim ladies bn screened at some security conscious establishments ?
Have you seen some Arabian female athletes?
When would you get to a Chevron Interview starting at 7am?

Lets be rational, logical and a little free thinking.
Religion sometimes make folks sound so. ..

help me finish am.

For the record, I wrote exams on a Sunday back then in OAU and it didn't make FP.

1 Like

Re: JAMB: Muslim Candidates In Hijab Harassed - MSSN by Irore: 12:22pm On Mar 01, 2016
lust20:

http://thenationonlineng.net/muslim-students-flay-harassment-at-jamb-centres/

Imagine the complainant's last sentence of the last paragraph'.. before it degenerate into a crisis'.. Violent language and action all the way. The word of almighty God as recorded in the Bible is sure and Amen. Ishmaelites are Abraham's children created to be so by God Himself.

2 Likes

Re: JAMB: Muslim Candidates In Hijab Harassed - MSSN by breakeven: 12:23pm On Mar 01, 2016
We all think the problem of Nigeria is corruption. NO, Not at all, the problem of this country is RELIGION. The struggle between ISLAM and CHRISTIANITY for SUPREMACY has destroyed every facet of our society. At the rate we are going Nigeria may never know development. I can now understand why the west and Americans are fighting religion in their society. We say we know God but we are morally bankrupt, while the white man we think do not know God have the heart of God.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: JAMB: Muslim Candidates In Hijab Harassed - MSSN by waice6571: 12:25pm On Mar 01, 2016
Hijab is basically for examination malpractices. I've witnessed it times without number.

2 Likes

Re: JAMB: Muslim Candidates In Hijab Harassed - MSSN by MsGlobalwonder(f): 12:26pm On Mar 01, 2016
Misterdhee1:
Some people out of cluelessness and pure ignorance, will just come online to comment on an issue they lack proper knowledge about.. If you don't understand the rationale behind the compulsion of Hijab for Muslim Females, why not keep thy ignorance to Thyselves.
rationale indeed.. what rationale? Why ain't men too covering their faces et al? #yimu. You berra emancipate yourself fast. Shior

3 Likes

Re: JAMB: Muslim Candidates In Hijab Harassed - MSSN by Adehakeema: 12:27pm On Mar 01, 2016
The exam body is owned by the govt of this country, their regulation and the partners should accomodate every nigerian.
For any centre or partner to be making life difficult for people us unacceptable.
When did jamb adopted a dressing code, or different rule for different part of the country?
Pls JAMB AND OTHERS IN AUTHORITY, dont drag us backward, FORWARD AND BACKWARD NEVER
Re: JAMB: Muslim Candidates In Hijab Harassed - MSSN by Misterdhee1(m): 12:29pm On Mar 01, 2016
MsGlobalwonder:
rationale indeed.. what rationale? Why ain't men too covering their faces et al? #yimu. You berra emancipate yourself fast. Shior
Learn to learn, not criticize dumbly because you don't believe in a thing.. Its called 'Intelligence' madam

2 Likes

Re: JAMB: Muslim Candidates In Hijab Harassed - MSSN by Adehakeema: 12:31pm On Mar 01, 2016
breakeven:
We all think the problem of Nigeria is corruption. NO, Not at all, the problem of this country is RELIGION. The struggle between ISLAM and CHRISTIANITY for SUPREMACY has destroyed every facet of our society. At the rate we are going Nigeria may never know development. I can now understand why the west and Americans are fighting religion in their society. We say we know God but we are morally bankrupt, while the white man we think do not know God have the heart of God.

What a level of ignorance and lack civilisation. Civilised worlds allowed to practise their religion without hindrance.
But here we just dont want to accept people for what they are

1 Like

Re: JAMB: Muslim Candidates In Hijab Harassed - MSSN by dedeen1424: 12:31pm On Mar 01, 2016
Why can't you cool down look before you leap. The question is to put on hijab and sit for exams is a bad thing. To wear half naked clothes to exam hall is welcome. You can judge in between the two.
Re: JAMB: Muslim Candidates In Hijab Harassed - MSSN by onyeogalu1(m): 12:33pm On Mar 01, 2016
BrainBoss:
Truth be said....
Thorough searching of the hijabians sister is cool. But, delaying or refusing to allow them in, because they are putting on Hijab is totally unacceptable.
Moreover, why should an exam be fixed during jummat time? More like, there should also be an exam on Sunday Morning!

Prejudice apart, The Examination regulatory Bodies should create a level play field for Religious place.

I ain't no religion Bigot, I'm just being Vociferous.

INEC conducted elections in my place on sunday morning during 2015 general election. How long does it take to write the exam? The number two point is not enough reason to protest.

3 Likes

Re: JAMB: Muslim Candidates In Hijab Harassed - MSSN by Adehakeema: 12:35pm On Mar 01, 2016
Okpueze1:

So you do not write WAEC/NECO or attend job interviews on Fridays? You all know how people lost their precious life trying to keep the sanctity of hijab in the country. Are you so insensitive or you care more for hijab than people's life? Friday is a full working day unless you want to constitutionally change that. Please stop all these propaganda with hijab! Life has no duplicate, life is precious!

Pls check nigeria constitution about friday and working hours. Our learned elders agreed to something for us to live in peace. But we are distegarding it and want that peace, others to keep quiet? How come!
Re: JAMB: Muslim Candidates In Hijab Harassed - MSSN by masqot(m): 12:35pm On Mar 01, 2016
lust20:

We appeal to the JAMB authorities to put a stop to this before it degenerate into crisis
This people and violence

1 Like

Re: JAMB: Muslim Candidates In Hijab Harassed - MSSN by raph101(m): 12:36pm On Mar 01, 2016
See rubbishness... Jamb na by force? Religious bigot. You could try been an illiterate.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

First Class Honours: Kini Big Deal? / Nddc - 2012 Postgraduate Scholarship Programme / Things To Work On Before Graduation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.