Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,318 members, 7,836,375 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:37 AM

Arcadia Groove Estate:constructing Our 4 BEDROOM DUPLEX - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Arcadia Groove Estate:constructing Our 4 BEDROOM DUPLEX (33564 Views)

Cost Of Constructing A Mini Swimming Pool / Contemporary Architecture: The Story Of Our 4 Bedroom Duplex By Skimanski / 1400 Sqms Of Corner Piece Land For Sale Arcadia Grove Estate At Osapa London Lek (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arcadia Groove Estate:constructing Our 4 BEDROOM DUPLEX by twinskenny(m): 6:43am On Sep 07, 2016
wanaj0:

Are you going to use suspended ceiling/POP everywhere? I think it is better to have a smooth surface. You may be able to achieve that by laying membrane on the deck formwork.

Thought unsmooth surface can be plaster afterward?
Re: Arcadia Groove Estate:constructing Our 4 BEDROOM DUPLEX by skimanski(m): 7:55am On Sep 07, 2016
Beulah09:

Thanks. When will you be casting the deck? Is the ongoing rain not a concern.

Which one comes first? The electrical or the plumbinh works?

The rain has been a real challenge. The initial plan was to cast the deck this weekend, but looks like thats becoming increasingly difficult to archive. Hopefully though we could still archive it.

The Electrical comes first for us. even though both can come in simultaneously
Re: Arcadia Groove Estate:constructing Our 4 BEDROOM DUPLEX by wanaj0: 7:56am On Sep 07, 2016
twinskenny:

Thought unsmooth surface can be plaster afterward?

Yes but at an ADDITIONAL cost smiley
Re: Arcadia Groove Estate:constructing Our 4 BEDROOM DUPLEX by skimanski(m): 8:02am On Sep 07, 2016
wanaj0:

Are you going to use suspended ceiling/POP everywhere? I think it is better to have a smooth surface. You may be able to achieve that by laying membrane on the deck formwork.

Yes we are using suspended ceiling/POP Everywhere except the external part of the decks(Cantilevers).

Note even though we will be laying membrane, its basically just to protect our wood and our concrete materials from falling all over the place, not because we want to archive a smooth surface. Smooth surfaces are not recommended when you have plan to plaster the deck (though we do not have plans to plaster it). Also smooth surface are not relevant when you plan to use Suspended Ceiling/POP on your deck.
Re: Arcadia Groove Estate:constructing Our 4 BEDROOM DUPLEX by skimanski(m): 9:26pm On Sep 07, 2016
Updates on Deck Reinforcements

Re: Arcadia Groove Estate:constructing Our 4 BEDROOM DUPLEX by wanaj0: 1:57pm On Sep 09, 2016
Seems you are ready for the decking. Are you still doing it on Saturday or the rain has disturbed your plan?

You said the project is for 3 months. Are you still on track for completion within that time frame?

How many days after the deck before you start the block work?
Re: Arcadia Groove Estate:constructing Our 4 BEDROOM DUPLEX by wanaj0: 1:58pm On Sep 09, 2016
skimanski:

Yes we are using suspended ceiling/POP Everywhere except the external part of the decks(Cantilevers).

Note even though we will be laying membrane, its basically just to protect our wood and our concrete materials from falling all over the place, not because we want to archive a smooth surface. Smooth surfaces are not recommended when you have plan to plaster the deck (though we do not have plans to plaster it). Also smooth surface are not relevant when you plan to use Suspended Ceiling/POP on your deck.

Is use of POP in bathrooms cost effective? What's the impact of humidity and water condensation on POP?
Re: Arcadia Groove Estate:constructing Our 4 BEDROOM DUPLEX by skimanski(m): 10:17pm On Sep 09, 2016
wanaj0:
Seems you are ready for the decking. Are you still doing it on Saturday or the rain has disturbed your plan?

You said the project is for 3 months. Are you still on track for completion within that time frame?

How many days after the deck before you start the block work?

Yes we are one month and 10days into the resumption of this build.

The Deck work will still go on as planned tomorrow. Pics on progress as of today below. After casting tomorrow, brick Work can commence on Tuesday.

Re: Arcadia Groove Estate:constructing Our 4 BEDROOM DUPLEX by Beulah09: 9:09pm On Sep 10, 2016
How do you manage casting of decks during the rainy season?
Re: Arcadia Groove Estate:constructing Our 4 BEDROOM DUPLEX by skimanski(m): 10:26am On Sep 11, 2016
Beulah09:
How do you manage casting of decks during the rainy season?

You can't begin to imagine the Challenge. We still managed to do casting on Saturday as promised. Even though I wasn't around but my guys told me it rained all through. We still moved ahead, despite the rain since we had already mobilized to do so. According to my staffs on ground. It was a case of start and stop all through the day. They left site 9.pm yesterday. This is after falling out with estate residence and security. They just had to make sure they finish casting in a day.

Anyway, this are challenges we get to face some times on project, which we can get to reduce as we grow.

Will get pictures when i'm back in town.

1 Like

Re: Arcadia Groove Estate:constructing Our 4 BEDROOM DUPLEX by Beulah09: 6:37am On Sep 12, 2016
skimanski:

You can't begin to imagine the Challenge. We still managed to do casting on Saturday as promised. Even though I wasn't around but my guys told me it rained all through. We still moved ahead, despite the rain since we had already mobilized to do so. According to my staffs on ground. It was a case of start and stop all through the day. They left site 9.pm yesterday. This is after falling out with estate residence and security. They just had to make sure they finish casting in a day.

Anyway, this are challenges we get to face some times on project, which we can get to reduce as we grow.

Will get pictures when i'm back in town.

Waooooo. Is there any issue if the casting was not done in a day?
Re: Arcadia Groove Estate:constructing Our 4 BEDROOM DUPLEX by skimanski(m): 9:45pm On Sep 12, 2016
Beulah09:

Waooooo. Is there any issue if the casting was not done in a day?

Yes. Its an avenue for crack when its not done in a day.
Re: Arcadia Groove Estate:constructing Our 4 BEDROOM DUPLEX by skimanski(m): 9:53pm On Sep 12, 2016
completed Concrete Slab in pictures

Re: Arcadia Groove Estate:constructing Our 4 BEDROOM DUPLEX by Beulah09: 11:06am On Sep 13, 2016
skimanski:
completed Concrete Slab in pictures

How long before upper level block setting can start?
Re: Arcadia Groove Estate:constructing Our 4 BEDROOM DUPLEX by skimanski(m): 9:54pm On Sep 13, 2016
Beulah09:

How long before upper level block setting can start?

Block Work resumed today. Update pics coming soon
Re: Arcadia Groove Estate:constructing Our 4 BEDROOM DUPLEX by Beulah09: 11:03am On Sep 14, 2016
skimanski:

Block Work resumed today. Update pics coming soon

That was fast! Are you not loading the slab too early?
Re: Arcadia Groove Estate:constructing Our 4 BEDROOM DUPLEX by skimanski(m): 10:51pm On Sep 14, 2016
Beulah09:

That was fast! Are you not loading the slab too early?

The scaffold holding the deck is still there are won't be taken off for another 28days. So basically the Deck is not been loaded.
Re: Arcadia Groove Estate:constructing Our 4 BEDROOM DUPLEX by skimanski(m): 10:52pm On Sep 14, 2016
brick Work resumption for First floor

Re: Arcadia Groove Estate:constructing Our 4 BEDROOM DUPLEX by skimanski(m): 10:54pm On Sep 14, 2016

Re: Arcadia Groove Estate:constructing Our 4 BEDROOM DUPLEX by skimanski(m): 9:59pm On Sep 15, 2016
Stairs after Concrete Cast

1 Like

Re: Arcadia Groove Estate:constructing Our 4 BEDROOM DUPLEX by skimanski(m): 10:04pm On Sep 15, 2016
Brick Works still Ongoing!!

Re: Arcadia Groove Estate:constructing Our 4 BEDROOM DUPLEX by skimanski(m): 9:07am On Sep 17, 2016

1 Like

Re: Arcadia Groove Estate:constructing Our 4 BEDROOM DUPLEX by skimanski(m): 9:19am On Sep 17, 2016
More Photos

1 Like

Re: Arcadia Groove Estate:constructing Our 4 BEDROOM DUPLEX by skimanski(m): 6:46am On Sep 22, 2016
Resumption of Pillar and Lintel works

Re: Arcadia Groove Estate:constructing Our 4 BEDROOM DUPLEX by skimanski(m): 6:47am On Sep 22, 2016

Re: Arcadia Groove Estate:constructing Our 4 BEDROOM DUPLEX by skimanski(m): 10:33pm On Sep 26, 2016
Casting of Columns and Lintel on First Floor.

Re: Arcadia Groove Estate:constructing Our 4 BEDROOM DUPLEX by skimanski(m): 10:06pm On Sep 29, 2016
Final Block Works for first floor as we prepare for Parapet

Re: Arcadia Groove Estate:constructing Our 4 BEDROOM DUPLEX by skimanski(m): 10:07pm On Sep 29, 2016

Re: Arcadia Groove Estate:constructing Our 4 BEDROOM DUPLEX by Beulah09: 6:44am On Oct 01, 2016
Two months gone. Are you still able to finish in 3 Months? You still have parapet, roof and roof deck to do.

When are you removing the support for the Deck?
Re: Arcadia Groove Estate:constructing Our 4 BEDROOM DUPLEX by PineyMikey: 2:34pm On Oct 02, 2016
Good day boss, nice job been done here.
Please can you email floor plans and approximate cost of construction so far to talktomadesua@yahoo.com.
I'm planning for something like this, however, my land is in a waterlogged area of lagos.
Re: Arcadia Groove Estate:constructing Our 4 BEDROOM DUPLEX by skimanski(m): 3:43pm On Oct 02, 2016
Beulah09:
Two months gone. Are you still able to finish in 3 Months? You still have parapet, roof and roof deck to do.

When are you removing the support for the Deck?

THe rain was a massive challenge. but we are still working hard to deliver.

1 Like

Re: Arcadia Groove Estate:constructing Our 4 BEDROOM DUPLEX by skimanski(m): 8:58pm On Oct 06, 2016
Resumption of Parapet and Deck Slab.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Build And Renovate Your Dream House With A Registered Building Construction Firm / My Tenant Has Refused To Pack Out For Over A Year Now, Help Please! / Sanwo-Olu Orders Demolition Of 20 Buildings In Banana Island

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.