Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,934 members, 7,828,259 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:25 AM

Al-Hassan Spells Out Punishment For Ese Oruru’s Abductor - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Al-Hassan Spells Out Punishment For Ese Oruru’s Abductor (21120 Views)

Aisha Jummai Al-Hassan Supports Atiku For 2019, Caught On Camera (Video) / Aisha Jummai Al-Hassan With Makarfi At PDP Secretariat (Photo) / Fashola, Al-Hassan At The Residence Of James Ocholi (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Al-Hassan Spells Out Punishment For Ese Oruru’s Abductor by kurt09(m): 11:32pm On Feb 29, 2016

The Minister of Women Affairs, Hajia Aishat Al-Hassan has condemned the abduction and forced child marriage of a 13 year old girl, Ese Oruru.

Ese was allegedly kidnapped by one Yunusa in Opolo, Yenagoa Local Government Area of Bayelsa State, in August, 2015 and renamed her Aishat on arriving Kano state.

The Minister and governorship candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC) made this known on twitter handle on Monday.

Her words: “Our laws are very clear on the case. Ese Oruru is 14 and as such cannot consent to marriage. Any such union she’s in is illegal.

“I have been in touch with the police authorities in Kano over Ese’s immediate release to her parents and we are making progress.

“I can assure you that I will use all my powers and influence as a Minister and woman to secure the release and return of Ese Oruru.

“Ese is still a child under our laws, and her right to freedom of movement is subject to parental control. She must be returned.

“Child Rights Act says no person under 18 is capable of contracting a valid marriage, and a marriage so contracted is null and void.

“The Act also clearly states that anyone who marries a child is liable to a fine of N500,000 or 5 years imprisonment or both.

“No culture, religion or personal conviction supersedes the laws of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. Ese Oruru must return home.

“My ministry is on this case and we will ensure full prosecution of anyone who is found to have contravened the law.”

The Minister further noted that Ese’s case has brought to the fore the need to protect the rights of children and women in our society, stressing that her ministry will not relent.

“I assure you all that Ese Oruru will be released & reunited with her parents without further delay. All hands are on deck for this,” she maintained.

My ministry is on this case and we will ensure full prosecution of anyone who is found to have contravened the law. #FreeEse

— Sen Jummai Alhassan (@JummaiAlhassan) February 29, 2016

I assure you all that Ese Oruru will be released & reunited with her parents without further delay. All hands are on deck for this. #FreeEse

— Sen Jummai Alhassan (@JummaiAlhassan) February 29, 2016

http://thenationonlineng.net/minister-spells-out-punishment-for-ese-orurus-abductor/

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Al-Hassan Spells Out Punishment For Ese Oruru’s Abductor by dunkem21(m): 11:35pm On Feb 29, 2016
Nice one .. But, what of other men wey don dey marry underaged girls with parents consent but without the child consent?

43 Likes

Re: Al-Hassan Spells Out Punishment For Ese Oruru’s Abductor by Nobody: 11:36pm On Feb 29, 2016
That is a thinking minister.

4 Likes

Re: Al-Hassan Spells Out Punishment For Ese Oruru’s Abductor by Nobody: 11:39pm On Feb 29, 2016
Ok
Re: Al-Hassan Spells Out Punishment For Ese Oruru’s Abductor by daniska3yaro(m): 11:39pm On Feb 29, 2016
500k only
Re: Al-Hassan Spells Out Punishment For Ese Oruru’s Abductor by Flexherbal(m): 11:40pm On Feb 29, 2016
Make sure that you keep to your promise.

4 Likes

Re: Al-Hassan Spells Out Punishment For Ese Oruru’s Abductor by Tpave(m): 11:48pm On Feb 29, 2016
Ok
Re: Al-Hassan Spells Out Punishment For Ese Oruru’s Abductor by Owoloku1: 12:51am On Mar 01, 2016
That punishment small oo...the man and everyone involved should be castrated

I think we need to amend some of our laws

9 Likes

Re: Al-Hassan Spells Out Punishment For Ese Oruru’s Abductor by Sammyashol(m): 12:58am On Mar 01, 2016
Check signature
Re: Al-Hassan Spells Out Punishment For Ese Oruru’s Abductor by Hasawa(m): 2:00am On Mar 01, 2016
Gkvgvvvvv
Re: Al-Hassan Spells Out Punishment For Ese Oruru’s Abductor by M4gunners: 5:37am On Mar 01, 2016
Hahaha i don't believe this 500 keh?

2 Likes

Re: Al-Hassan Spells Out Punishment For Ese Oruru’s Abductor by sdindan: 5:48am On Mar 01, 2016
They should send that useless he goat to Sambisa where he belong

1 Like

Re: Al-Hassan Spells Out Punishment For Ese Oruru’s Abductor by jay2pee(m): 6:22am On Mar 01, 2016
Ok
Re: Al-Hassan Spells Out Punishment For Ese Oruru’s Abductor by ibnzubair(m): 6:55am On Mar 01, 2016
Seriously, Bloke modify your topic.

"Spells out punishment" can be really deceiving
Re: Al-Hassan Spells Out Punishment For Ese Oruru’s Abductor by pedrilo: 7:01am On Mar 01, 2016
Thank God for social media, thank God for Ben Bruce. We now have a voice at last!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Al-Hassan Spells Out Punishment For Ese Oruru’s Abductor by babyfaceafrica: 7:02am On Mar 01, 2016
Who will protect men rights?

2 Likes

Re: Al-Hassan Spells Out Punishment For Ese Oruru’s Abductor by caselessogbuagu: 7:22am On Mar 01, 2016
That yunusa is a bastard!

5 Likes

Re: Al-Hassan Spells Out Punishment For Ese Oruru’s Abductor by caselessogbuagu: 7:23am On Mar 01, 2016
ibnzubair:
Seriously, Bloke modify your topic.

"Spells out punishment" can be really deceiving
you are right.

2 Likes

Re: Al-Hassan Spells Out Punishment For Ese Oruru’s Abductor by ibnzubair(m): 7:25am On Mar 01, 2016
caselessogbuagu:
you are right.

It feels good to be supported
Re: Al-Hassan Spells Out Punishment For Ese Oruru’s Abductor by jaybee3(m): 7:30am On Mar 01, 2016
Some men are just pure evil. How on earth can they be attracted to children..... Such a despicable act!!!

2 Likes

Re: Al-Hassan Spells Out Punishment For Ese Oruru’s Abductor by joseph1832(m): 7:33am On Mar 01, 2016

“No culture, religion or personal conviction supersedes the laws of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. Ese Oruru must return home.
Now this is my best part. Its about time the FG drum this statement in the ears of Nigerians, especially the moslems in the north who are fund of saying "Allah's laws supersedes every other law" when they clearly live in Nigeria, not heaven or whatever imaginary place they could think of.

I also believe its about that time we separate religion from state, and make it known without fear or favor that the rule of law stand supreme to either the christian or moslem law!.

22 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Al-Hassan Spells Out Punishment For Ese Oruru’s Abductor by Histrings08(m): 7:34am On Mar 01, 2016
A girl was abducted (kidnapped against her own will) ND then a video then was posted saying she's converted to Muslim ND all... The question is, how are u sure shes not under duress? If she was forced into marriage, what's stopping them from forcing into that too?

3 Likes

Re: Al-Hassan Spells Out Punishment For Ese Oruru’s Abductor by Ucheosefoh(m): 7:59am On Mar 01, 2016
Nice minister but we can't wait to see the idiots punished. Primitive minded people
Re: Al-Hassan Spells Out Punishment For Ese Oruru’s Abductor by caselessogbuagu: 8:35am On Mar 01, 2016
ibnzubair:

It feels good to be supported
cool

1 Like

Re: Al-Hassan Spells Out Punishment For Ese Oruru’s Abductor by OPCNAIRALAND: 8:43am On Mar 01, 2016
Listen, Emir Sanusi issued fatwah yesterday and declared the continued posession of the girl as illegal and issued order calling for "immediate" repatriation, return and reunion of the girl with her parents.

Has Shariah commission obeyed the fatwah yet?

If on the orher hand the order was to go cut people, dem go don soak the street with blood already.

crazy!

5 Likes

Re: Al-Hassan Spells Out Punishment For Ese Oruru’s Abductor by Atlantian: 9:36am On Mar 01, 2016
Islamic Northerners and their Islamic Westerners should read in-between lines. The days of paedophilia in the name of religion is behind us. You will pay 500,000 and/or go to jail on account of your 'islamic' erectile functions.

5 Likes

Re: Al-Hassan Spells Out Punishment For Ese Oruru’s Abductor by kennyman2000(m): 9:52am On Mar 01, 2016
Hmmmmmm
Re: Al-Hassan Spells Out Punishment For Ese Oruru’s Abductor by kachnov(m): 9:53am On Mar 01, 2016
Good move,the girl is just a child plus I'm sure the Yunusa dude must have had carnal knowledge of her repeatedly.
Re: Al-Hassan Spells Out Punishment For Ese Oruru’s Abductor by tooman: 9:53am On Mar 01, 2016
ok
Re: Al-Hassan Spells Out Punishment For Ese Oruru’s Abductor by FreemanDave(m): 9:53am On Mar 01, 2016
Still finding this difficult to believe. One of my brightest student when she was in JSS3....

Damn children molesters....

7 Likes

Re: Al-Hassan Spells Out Punishment For Ese Oruru’s Abductor by Nobody: 9:54am On Mar 01, 2016
undecided THIS MINISTER IS A HYPOCRITE BY CLAIMING NO CULTURE OR TRIBE PERMITS CHILD MARRIAGE AS IF IT'S NOT THEIR PRACTICE IN THE NORTH. YERIMA MARRIED A CHILD OF 14 AND NO NORTHERNER CONDEMN THE ACT. THEIR PROPHET MUHAMMED MARRIED A 9 OLD GIRL AND IT HAS BEEN AN INSPIRATION FOR MOST MUSLIMS TO ENDORSE CHILD RAPE undecided

2 Likes

Re: Al-Hassan Spells Out Punishment For Ese Oruru’s Abductor by Kangol99(m): 9:54am On Mar 01, 2016
k

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Igbo Would Have Been President If They Understood Nigerian Politics – Igbokwe / List Of Presidential Candidates For The 2023 Elections / Senator Osita Izunaso Wins Imo West Senate Poll

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.