Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,135 members, 7,845,776 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 01:59 AM

Al-Hassan Spells Out Punishment For Ese Oruru’s Abductor - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Al-Hassan Spells Out Punishment For Ese Oruru’s Abductor (21132 Views)

Aisha Jummai Al-Hassan Supports Atiku For 2019, Caught On Camera (Video) / Aisha Jummai Al-Hassan With Makarfi At PDP Secretariat (Photo) / Fashola, Al-Hassan At The Residence Of James Ocholi (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Al-Hassan Spells Out Punishment For Ese Oruru’s Abductor by BeClever: 10:27am On Mar 01, 2016
FreemanDave:

Served and working there...

So you know the girl in question personally?

Pls throw some light on her personality, let's give NairaLand judgement.. Please..
Re: Al-Hassan Spells Out Punishment For Ese Oruru’s Abductor by cornel994(m): 10:28am On Mar 01, 2016
Shitty talk if dat news paper hadn't taken it open demselves to fight it, she and they would have just let it slight...Ministr my fut
Re: Al-Hassan Spells Out Punishment For Ese Oruru’s Abductor by Jacks14: 10:29am On Mar 01, 2016
kachnov:
Good move,the girl is just a child plus I'm sure the Yunusa dude must have had carnal knowledge of her repeatedly.
Exactly.....over n over, the girl is no longer virgin
Re: Al-Hassan Spells Out Punishment For Ese Oruru’s Abductor by kachnov(m): 10:30am On Mar 01, 2016
Ghostheart:
Which is why he should be sentenced to life imprisonment and set examples for the likes of him.

Life imprisonment is a lil bit harsh,since he's willing to marry her he should face a lengthy jail term,with a substantial fine.
Re: Al-Hassan Spells Out Punishment For Ese Oruru’s Abductor by Nobody: 10:31am On Mar 01, 2016
kurt09:

“No culture, religion or personal conviction supersedes the laws of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. /
Lawd!

1 Like

Re: Al-Hassan Spells Out Punishment For Ese Oruru’s Abductor by jidxin(m): 10:35am On Mar 01, 2016
joseph1832:
So between the Sharia law and the Law of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, which stand supreme?

Beside, are we talking about Sharia law here?
sharia law is only applicable to muslims living in the north and not applicable to christians living in the north.... sharia law has bin supported by the constitution wch is the grund norm so i dont think any conflict could arise as to bring any supremacy issue .... the constitution established a sharia court for the state who has enshrined as their state law... its only when the provisions of sharia law has contravene the constitution thats where the constitution will be supreme
Re: Al-Hassan Spells Out Punishment For Ese Oruru’s Abductor by goshen26: 10:37am On Mar 01, 2016
Wat of Sanusi n his cohorts

1 Like

Re: Al-Hassan Spells Out Punishment For Ese Oruru’s Abductor by francizy(m): 10:38am On Mar 01, 2016
joseph1832:
What I want to wonder was if this same thing was done by a christian male who did this same thing to a moslem girl.

I just want to know how many of our northern brothers will react.

Of course we all know what the reactions would have been. It wouldn't be anything short of bloodshed. I keep talking about these people and their habits. I've lived in almost all regions of the country and I've observed people and the way they practice their religions. It's only the Hausa/Fulani Muslim I have a problem with. Every little thing must lead to bloodshed and the most annoying part is that they are masters in the arts of provocation. They provoke others without response but if they get provoked, be it by a Nigerian or non Nigerian, a Denmark citizen or an Israeli, be he a Nigerian resident or not, these people will begin maiming other tribes.

We have to start calling them to order because this country belongs to us all. No tribe or religion supercedes the other, based on the Nigerian constitution.

1 Like

Re: Al-Hassan Spells Out Punishment For Ese Oruru’s Abductor by francizy(m): 10:41am On Mar 01, 2016
jidxin:
sharia law is only applicable to muslims living in the north and not applicable to christians living in the north.... sharia law has bin supported by the constitution wch is the grund norm so i dont think any conflict could arise as to bring any supremacy issue .... the constitution established a sharia court for the state who has enshrined as their state law... its only when the provisions of sharia law has contravene the constitution thats where the constitution will be supreme

The crime was committed in Bayelsa for crying out loud and Bayelsa indegenes don't practice Sharia law. The fool abducted the girl from Bayelsa and therefore, should be judged by the Nigerian law, since we now have different laws governing one country..

2 Likes

Re: Al-Hassan Spells Out Punishment For Ese Oruru’s Abductor by joseph1832(m): 10:44am On Mar 01, 2016
jidxin:
Thank you!.
Re: Al-Hassan Spells Out Punishment For Ese Oruru’s Abductor by jidxin(m): 10:47am On Mar 01, 2016
francizy:

The crime was committed in Bayelsa for crying out loud and Bayelsa indegenes don't practice Sharia law. The fool abducted the girl from Bayelsa and therefore, should be judged by the Nigerian law, since we now have different laws governing one country..
dnt mis understand me dz is my position....... should i say i hate nigeria? this kind of thing shouldnt be allowed it should be totally frowned upon ...what ve d authority bin doing all dz while... for crying out loud thats abduction kidnapping .....they should be tried nd taken to the court immediately ..... the warrant of arrest should be issued from bayelsa to kano nd the culprit should be extradited bk to bayelsa nd be severely punished for his crime
Re: Al-Hassan Spells Out Punishment For Ese Oruru’s Abductor by joseph1832(m): 10:48am On Mar 01, 2016
francizy:

Of course we all know what the reactions would have been. It wouldn't be anything short of bloodshed. I keep talking about these people and their habits. I've lived in almost all regions of the country and I've observed people and the way they practice their religions. It's only the Hausa/Fulani Muslim I have a problem with. Every little thing must lead to bloodshed and the most annoying part is that they are masters in the arts of provocation. They provoke others without response but they get provoked, be it by a Nigerian or non Nigerian, a Denmark citizen or an Israeli, be he a Nigerian resident or not, these people will begin maiming other tribes.

We have to start calling them to order because this country belongs to us all. No tribe or religion supercedes the other, based on the Nigerian constitution.
You can say that again. That's why I strongly advocate for Nigeria to separate religion from state.

Adding that Sharia law in the constitution was a very big mistake. Even the U.S, the world model of democracy didn't do such a thing. I wonder why we who likes to copy everything didn't copy that.
Re: Al-Hassan Spells Out Punishment For Ese Oruru’s Abductor by erusen: 10:48am On Mar 01, 2016
joseph1832:
Now this is my best part. Its about time the FG drum this statement in the ears of Nigerians, especially the moslems in the north who are fund of saying "Allah's laws supersedes every other law" when they clearly live in Nigeria, not heaven or whatever imaginary place they could think of.

I also believe its about that time we separate religion from state, and make it known without fear or favor that the rule of law stand supreme to either the christian or moslem law!.
tell me the Christian law in nigeria

1 Like

Re: Al-Hassan Spells Out Punishment For Ese Oruru’s Abductor by ijebu2020: 10:51am On Mar 01, 2016
Madam minister plss dnt kill us with empty talks here..just do as you said and let the girl go be with her parents and also to make sure that the abductor Yinusa and co are made to face the law.this will send a good signal to those who are in that habit of forceful marriage..what is wrong with these wrong muslims infact........my own be say this should nt be empty talk oo after releasing the girl the Yinusa guy should be prosecuted.
Re: Al-Hassan Spells Out Punishment For Ese Oruru’s Abductor by danysi(m): 11:00am On Mar 01, 2016
Aishat alhassan you should know that the religion of islam allows a girl to be marreid at the age of 09 yrs, esen is no longer a christan but a muslim sister. And as such she has the right to get married at her present age, re- uniting wih her parent o separeting her with her lover against her wish may lead to comit suicide. Therefore the authority concern should be very careful with such action. The minister should use her good office to protect ese's right by allowing her to choose what ever she want freely. Where is the laws when girls are been married up at the age of 12, 13 etc. On daily basis raping of under age girls is a day to day affairs and the laws did not do anyting about it. Had it been that esens was pregnant by yinusa nobody will came out to bring such issues but when they heard that she converted to islam and got married, the noise makers beging to make noise. haters allaows eses to practise her new life. #ISTANDWITHESES#
Re: Al-Hassan Spells Out Punishment For Ese Oruru’s Abductor by Remii(m): 11:05am On Mar 01, 2016
Histrings08:
A girl was abducted (kidnapped against her own will) ND then a video then was posted saying she's converted to Muslim ND all... The question is, how are u sure shes not under duress? If she was forced into marriage, what's stopping them from forcing into that too?
the family knew the abductor, he was on of Hausa customers of the mother, who sells mama put, this is what happen to those poor girls if low income families, many young mothers are in ghettoes, very sad
Re: Al-Hassan Spells Out Punishment For Ese Oruru’s Abductor by multicolored(f): 11:21am On Mar 01, 2016
Odiegwu! Na for mouth....
Re: Al-Hassan Spells Out Punishment For Ese Oruru’s Abductor by fm7070: 11:22am On Mar 01, 2016
these people are bunch of hypocrites. ranging from the emir to the governor and minister.
Just bunch of noise makers.
Re: Al-Hassan Spells Out Punishment For Ese Oruru’s Abductor by francizy(m): 11:51am On Mar 01, 2016
joseph1832:
You can say that again. That's why I strongly advocate for Nigeria to separate religion from state.

Adding that Sharia law in the constitution was a very big mistake. Even the U.S, the world model of democracy didn't do such a thing. I wonder why we who likes to copy everything didn't copy that.

It's very difficult to do that now and that is because we allowed it in the first place...
Re: Al-Hassan Spells Out Punishment For Ese Oruru’s Abductor by joseph1832(m): 11:54am On Mar 01, 2016
francizy:

It's very difficult to do that now and that is because we allowed it in the first place...
And that's one of the many reasons why Nigeria will never be able to move forward, or attain any meaningful development, because, as long as religion still hold the Nigerian state by the balls, everything will be a mess!.
Re: Al-Hassan Spells Out Punishment For Ese Oruru’s Abductor by Irore: 11:55am On Mar 01, 2016
kurt09:

The Minister of Women Affairs, Hajia Aishat Al-Hassan has condemned the abduction and forced child marriage of a 13 year old girl, Ese Oruru.

Ese was allegedly kidnapped by one Yunusa in Opolo, Yenagoa Local Government Area of Bayelsa State, in August, 2015 and renamed her Aishat on arriving Kano state.

The Minister and governorship candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC) made this known on twitter handle on Monday.

Her words: “Our laws are very clear on the case. Ese Oruru is 14 and as such cannot consent to marriage. Any such union she’s in is illegal.

“I have been in touch with the police authorities in Kano over Ese’s immediate release to her parents and we are making progress.

“I can assure you that I will use all my powers and influence as a Minister and woman to secure the release and return of Ese Oruru.

“Ese is still a child under our laws, and her right to freedom of movement is subject to parental control. She must be returned.

“Child Rights Act says no person under 18 is capable of contracting a valid marriage, and a marriage so contracted is null and void.

“The Act also clearly states that anyone who marries a child is liable to a fine of N500,000 or 5 years imprisonment or both.

“No culture, religion or personal conviction supersedes the laws of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. Ese Oruru must return home.

“My ministry is on this case and we will ensure full prosecution of anyone who is found to have contravened the law.”

The Minister further noted that Ese’s case has brought to the fore the need to protect the rights of children and women in our society, stressing that her ministry will not relent.

“I assure you all that Ese Oruru will be released & reunited with her parents without further delay. All hands are on deck for this,” she maintained.

My ministry is on this case and we will ensure full prosecution of anyone who is found to have contravened the law. #FreeEse

— Sen Jummai Alhassan (@JummaiAlhassan) February 29, 2016

I assure you all that Ese Oruru will be released & reunited with her parents without further delay. All hands are on deck for this. #FreeEse

— Sen Jummai Alhassan (@JummaiAlhassan) February 29, 2016

http://thenationonlineng.net/minister-spells-out-punishment-for-ese-orurus-abductor/

Why is it taking so long to actualize.
Re: Al-Hassan Spells Out Punishment For Ese Oruru’s Abductor by francizy(m): 11:58am On Mar 01, 2016
jidxin:
dnt mis understand me dz is my position....... should i say i hate nigeria? this kind of thing shouldnt be allowed it should be totally frowned upon ...what ve d authority bin doing all dz while... for crying out loud thats abduction kidnapping .....they should be tried nd taken to the court immediately ..... the warrant of arrest should be issued from bayelsa to kano nd the culprit should be extradited bk to bayelsa nd be severely punished for his crime

Good! But our security agencies are useless.. Didn't you read where IGP was saying he's powerless and therefore it's left for Sanisu to release the girl. So in essence and from his ridiculous statement, whoever resides in Kano is above the Nigerian law.
Re: Al-Hassan Spells Out Punishment For Ese Oruru’s Abductor by Legitbaba(m): 12:02pm On Mar 01, 2016
Flexherbal:
Make sure that you keep to your promise.
She will deny ever making such statement tomorrow.. Abi no b apc woman again??
Re: Al-Hassan Spells Out Punishment For Ese Oruru’s Abductor by francizy(m): 12:07pm On Mar 01, 2016
joseph1832:
And that's one of the many reasons why Nigeria will never be able to move forward, or attain any meaningful development, because, as long as religion still hold the Nigerian state by the balls, everything will be a mess!.

Now what is the way out since even the slightest move to reverse this mistake will result in bloodshed? How do we move this country forward when some people are deliberately enjoying it's downfall?
Re: Al-Hassan Spells Out Punishment For Ese Oruru’s Abductor by FreemanDave(m): 12:18pm On Mar 01, 2016
BeClever:

So you know the girl in question personally?

Pls throw some light on her personality, let's give NairaLand judgement.. Please..

Yes I know her personally. She always accompany me in marking notes and test scripts when I was serving. She comes early to school and she keeps very intelligent and decent friends, (her best friend is in line to be the headgirl).

She is a quiet student, never Have I flogged her and never have I seen her name on noise maker's list.

Her handwriting attracted my attention hence I always give her my report sheet to fill. She is known as Oruru Rita in school...

Its really a sad one for all of us who know her personally.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Al-Hassan Spells Out Punishment For Ese Oruru’s Abductor by FreemanDave(m): 12:21pm On Mar 01, 2016
Ptoocool:

Oh, dat's cute. Served there too.

Which batch? Mine was 14B.
Re: Al-Hassan Spells Out Punishment For Ese Oruru’s Abductor by Blizzy9ja: 12:24pm On Mar 01, 2016
After all her rant i now noticed she's still muslim and am like "mtchwwww" her religion okays it and they're still gonna sweep it under d carpet.... Which sane country runs 2 different legal systems concurrently

BTW WTF is sharia?

A sane law says no marriage before 18 and another says u can go ahead and marry a toddler as long as she has a punany and a growing mammary gland.
Re: Al-Hassan Spells Out Punishment For Ese Oruru’s Abductor by Histrings08(m): 12:28pm On Mar 01, 2016
Remii:
the family knew the abductor, he was on of Hausa customers of the mother, who sells mama put, this is what happen to those poor girls if low income families, many young mothers are in ghettoes, very sad
... yet there's no radical response bout the issue in order to save d girl ND prevent future occurrence of such.. Smh
Re: Al-Hassan Spells Out Punishment For Ese Oruru’s Abductor by BeClever: 12:30pm On Mar 01, 2016
FreemanDave:

Yes I know her personally. She always accompany me in marking notes and test scripts when I was serving. She comes early to school and she keeps very intelligent and decent friends, (her best friend is in line to be the headgirl).

She is a quiet student, never Have I flogged her and never have I seen her name on noise maker's list.

Her handwriting attracted my attention hence I always give her my report sheet to fill. She is known as Oruru Rita in school...

Its really a sad one for all of us who know her personally.

God bless you..

Hope you won't mind if I publish your testimony?
Re: Al-Hassan Spells Out Punishment For Ese Oruru’s Abductor by 400billionman: 12:32pm On Mar 01, 2016
daniska3yaro:
500k only

That law might have been written 30 years ago when N500k was like N10m in value now.

The discretion of the presiding magistrate is needed here to send him to jail..
Re: Al-Hassan Spells Out Punishment For Ese Oruru’s Abductor by Ptoocool(m): 12:37pm On Mar 01, 2016
FreemanDave:

Which batch? Mine was 14B.
same batch.
Re: Al-Hassan Spells Out Punishment For Ese Oruru’s Abductor by Blackfire(m): 12:40pm On Mar 01, 2016
Madam minister with all due respect...

SHUT UP.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ruga Settlements: FG To Woo Colonies With N2.26bn Grazing Reserve Budget / INEC will soon release report on PVCs found buried, it’ll be shocking / Gen. Faruk Yahaya Warns IPOB, ESN: Don’t Threaten Integrity Of Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.