Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,230 members, 7,815,299 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:26 AM

Is Mend Attack In Lagos An Ijaw Versus Yoruba War? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Mend Attack In Lagos An Ijaw Versus Yoruba War? (2455 Views)

Igbo Versus Yoruba Versus Hausa-fulani Small League Haters By Pius Adesanmi. / Hausa And Yoruba War: Why Are Nairaland Yoruba E-warriors Cold? / Is Victoria Island Lagos An Island (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Mend Attack In Lagos An Ijaw Versus Yoruba War? by Ijawman(m): 4:48pm On Jul 14, 2009
I got the excerpt below from a yahoo chat group. What do you think?

''The unprovoked and unwarranted attack on a Lagos jetty by the MEND has lost it the sympathy of a people who felt the Niger-deltans were being unfairly treated in regard to their God given natural resource of oil.
>
> The MEND people should be reminded that it is ABUJA and not Lagos, that was built with oil money from scratch.
> The seat of government is no longer Lagos, but Abuja. Lagos is controlled by AC, which is not the party in Federal power.
>
> This is a clear case of  misdirected anger, which the MEND should have learnt from the history of the Nigerian civil war.
> It is an attack on "innocent bystanders" who do not make policy affecting the people on whose behalf MEND claims to be agitating.
>
> In view and by reason  of this attack, all interests of MEND should become targets of legitmate, swift and assured
> retribution.  MEND HAS SOWN THE WIND, IT MUST NOW REAP THE WHIRL WIND.''

adeajayi
Re: Is Mend Attack In Lagos An Ijaw Versus Yoruba War? by Ijawman(m): 4:50pm On Jul 14, 2009
Then this reply:

''Yoruba people should keep mute. Lagos is a Nigerian state and city that accommodates every Nigerian tribe. The bombing of Lagos by Mend is not the BOMBING of Yoruba people. Aint Yoruba people ashame and stupid to always claim Lagos to be a Yoruba Affair ? Didnt the millions of Yorubas in Lagos Migrate from interior Yoruba land such as Ogun, Ondo, Oyo and even Kwara. Do Yoruba people even know that the word APAPA as in APAPA WARF IS AN IJAW WORD meaning Ground nut warf ? Dont Yoruba people know that Lagos riverine areas have strong Ijaw historical characteritics. ? It so beats my heart to even read Yoruba people from Kwara making noise any thing Lagos is mentioned or affected, Let them wait till Ibadan is bombed before any yoruba should even make any noise. LAGOS IS A NIGERIAN CITY mainly built by IGBOS.''

Tom Alabraba.
Re: Is Mend Attack In Lagos An Ijaw Versus Yoruba War? by Ibeme: 4:50pm On Jul 14, 2009
Richyblack, pls delete this thread.
Re: Is Mend Attack In Lagos An Ijaw Versus Yoruba War? by Ijawman(m): 4:52pm On Jul 14, 2009
Ibeme:

Richyblack, pls delete this thread.

Why the call for censorship. Isn't there freedom of expression and thought anymore?
Re: Is Mend Attack In Lagos An Ijaw Versus Yoruba War? by blacksta(m): 4:53pm On Jul 14, 2009
Another dumb thread - Richy please delete

i didnot know Ijaw = igbo
Re: Is Mend Attack In Lagos An Ijaw Versus Yoruba War? by Nobody: 4:56pm On Jul 14, 2009
Ijawman.

What is exactly your mission on N/L?
Re: Is Mend Attack In Lagos An Ijaw Versus Yoruba War? by Ijawman(m): 4:57pm On Jul 14, 2009
blacksta:

i didnot know Ijaw = igbo

What does that mean? Are you insane?
Re: Is Mend Attack In Lagos An Ijaw Versus Yoruba War? by Nobody: 4:57pm On Jul 14, 2009
Ijawman is my other id.
Re: Is Mend Attack In Lagos An Ijaw Versus Yoruba War? by Nobody: 4:57pm On Jul 14, 2009
No, I dont think so. Its all about empty voices as usual.
On the other hand, the Yorubas for reasons best known to them have never given MEND any significant support in the past.

And since when did MEND become Ijaw?

blacksta:

i didnot know   Ijaw = igbo

Nigerians suffocate the moment a topic is not out to bash the Igbos.

Una congrats ooo.
Re: Is Mend Attack In Lagos An Ijaw Versus Yoruba War? by tayo4lif: 4:58pm On Jul 14, 2009
No. we yoruba people love MEND. Yorubas are fully in support of MEND.
Re: Is Mend Attack In Lagos An Ijaw Versus Yoruba War? by Ijawman(m): 4:58pm On Jul 14, 2009
Go to (register) naijapolitics@yahoogroups.com and follow the raging discussion.
Re: Is Mend Attack In Lagos An Ijaw Versus Yoruba War? by Nobody: 4:59pm On Jul 14, 2009
tayo4lif:

No. we yoruba people love MEND. Yorubas are fully in support of MEND.

tru that.
Re: Is Mend Attack In Lagos An Ijaw Versus Yoruba War? by blacksta(m): 5:00pm On Jul 14, 2009
Ijawman:

What does that mean? Are you insane?

You fool - the shit u posted says " lagos is a Nigerian city mainly built by igbos" if it mainly built by igbos then they should contest the next Gov elections -
Re: Is Mend Attack In Lagos An Ijaw Versus Yoruba War? by Nobody: 5:02pm On Jul 14, 2009
Ijawman:

Go to (register) naijapolitics@yahoogroups.com and follow the raging discussion.

Trust me, those voices carry no weight. They are as empty and dead as nigerian refineries.
I know what am talking about.
Re: Is Mend Attack In Lagos An Ijaw Versus Yoruba War? by Nobody: 5:06pm On Jul 14, 2009
nuzo:

I know what am talking about.

dont you always.
Re: Is Mend Attack In Lagos An Ijaw Versus Yoruba War? by MrCrackles(m): 5:07pm On Jul 14, 2009
What is the point of this thread?
Re: Is Mend Attack In Lagos An Ijaw Versus Yoruba War? by Nobody: 5:08pm On Jul 14, 2009
How is an attack on a oil installation in Lagos equal to an attack on Yoruba?

When did MEND become an Ijaw Army?

Does anybody own Nigeria really. Because I don't know how this particular attack means more to the Yoruba than the Nigerian State.

I think those who interprete this as an attack on Yoruba are as guilty as politicians who pursue Regional Agenda and places National Interest as second class.

Nothing is more important to our National Security right now than resolving the Niger-Delta issue. Amnesty to people who have committed no crime wont do, Releasing Henry Okah like his arrest triggered the Niger-Delta crisis wont do either.
The solution is real hard negotiations on our economic future, 100% derivation for South-South should be considered.

I think we are being very unstrategic, at the rate the world is going oil may not be less vital as it is in the next 50years. I also believe that all geopolitical zones have enough resources to be as sufficient as others.
Re: Is Mend Attack In Lagos An Ijaw Versus Yoruba War? by muhsin(m): 5:13pm On Jul 14, 2009
Wonder never end.

@OP,

Answer; NO.

Is it all?
Re: Is Mend Attack In Lagos An Ijaw Versus Yoruba War? by tayo4lif: 5:15pm On Jul 14, 2009
If you ask to yorubas to pick either MEND and the north. Yorubas would prefer MEND over the north. So we love MEND.
Re: Is Mend Attack In Lagos An Ijaw Versus Yoruba War? by blacksta(m): 5:16pm On Jul 14, 2009
I salute Mend all way - We have to make political posts unattractive at all cost.
Re: Is Mend Attack In Lagos An Ijaw Versus Yoruba War? by congoshine(m): 5:16pm On Jul 14, 2009
'Ijawman' = confirmed mugu   grin grin grin
Re: Is Mend Attack In Lagos An Ijaw Versus Yoruba War? by Ijawman(m): 5:21pm On Jul 14, 2009
blacksta:

You fool - the shit u posted says " lagos is a Nigerian city mainly built by igbos" if it mainly built by igbos then they should contest the next Gov elections -

You sound idiotic. Did I write that? Don't you read it in quote? Go back to school, you urchin.
Re: Is Mend Attack In Lagos An Ijaw Versus Yoruba War? by Ijawman(m): 5:22pm On Jul 14, 2009
congoshine:

'Ijawman' = confirmed mugu grin grin grin

Your papa. Waste of sperm
Re: Is Mend Attack In Lagos An Ijaw Versus Yoruba War? by blacksta(m): 5:23pm On Jul 14, 2009
Ijawman:

You sound idiotic. Did I write that? Don't you read it in quote? Go back to school, you urchin.

o ti se gbe - omo we re
Re: Is Mend Attack In Lagos An Ijaw Versus Yoruba War? by Nobody: 5:27pm On Jul 14, 2009
When did MEND become an Ijaw Army?

funny cheesy

naijas and roundabout mentality!
Re: Is Mend Attack In Lagos An Ijaw Versus Yoruba War? by Ijawman(m): 5:27pm On Jul 14, 2009
blacksta:

o ti se gbe - omo we re

Baba re ti ya were. Olosi
Re: Is Mend Attack In Lagos An Ijaw Versus Yoruba War? by blacksta(m): 5:29pm On Jul 14, 2009
ijawman

u r not an ijawman  - why are u hiding under the ijaw clout.

lol
Re: Is Mend Attack In Lagos An Ijaw Versus Yoruba War? by Ijawman(m): 5:30pm On Jul 14, 2009
I am Yoruba. you idiot
Re: Is Mend Attack In Lagos An Ijaw Versus Yoruba War? by Nobody: 5:30pm On Jul 14, 2009
So many annonymous lunatics roaming  the politics section of N/L these days. grin
Re: Is Mend Attack In Lagos An Ijaw Versus Yoruba War? by muhsin(m): 5:30pm On Jul 14, 2009
Where is Richy? shocked shocked shocked
Re: Is Mend Attack In Lagos An Ijaw Versus Yoruba War? by Beaf: 5:31pm On Jul 14, 2009
Ijawman:

Your papa. Waste of sperm

Is Mend Attack In Lagos Ijawman Versus Nigeria War?

Hisses. Walks out.
Re: Is Mend Attack In Lagos An Ijaw Versus Yoruba War? by blacksta(m): 5:32pm On Jul 14, 2009
Ijawman:

I am Yoruba. you idiot

I take back all my insults  - I am so sorry.

it is well with u in Jesus name

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Grandfathers Take Over 419 In Nigeria / Oyo Monarchs Reject Rotational Chairmanship, Back Alaafin / Photo Of Building Where Lugard Signed Nigeria's Amalgamation In 1914

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.