Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,376 members, 7,954,526 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 09:16 PM

Education Is The Long Road - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Education Is The Long Road (567 Views)

Education Is meant for those who can afford it(picture) / See The Long Snake Killed In Uniben Hostel Hall 3 / The Nigerian Standard Of Education Is High (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Education Is The Long Road by ogahimself(m): 5:20pm On Jul 14, 2009
I was looking thru forbes and couldn't help but notice the a good number of billionaires who got there before old age are college dropouts Sir Richard Branson, Larry Ellison, Bill Gates, John R. Simplot, Alan Gerry, Kirk Kerkorian, Michael Dell, Steve Jobs, Ralph Lauren, Paul Allen, Dean Kamen, Dhirubhai Ambani, Subhash Chandra Goel, Li Ka-shing just to mention a few, and among the educated ones most were Arts and Marketing and not core science majors,

I can't help but feel that i have wasted my years of youth in classrooms when i should have jumpstarted with my youthful exuberance and passion and with less needs and worries and less scared of failure and mroe willing to take risks, to make matters worse i feel like i have been educated in a crumbling system with old ideal and values,

That said, still i rise, still i rise,

(1) (Reply)

Indergraduates: How Long Have You Been Preparing For Exam? / Law Students Let's Meet Here / Everyone Should Learn About Hiv As Part Of Their Curriculum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.