Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,030 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:58 PM

How Friends Abandoned Me During My Near-death Experience – Actor Charles Okocha - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / How Friends Abandoned Me During My Near-death Experience – Actor Charles Okocha (24427 Views)

Monalisa Chinda: My Daughter Saw Tiwa Savage And Abandoned Me At Lagos Marathon / ''I Proposed To My Wife On The Phone'' - Actor Charles On How He Got Married / Actor Charles Inojie Dressed As Lady With Big Boobs Takes A Selfie (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Friends Abandoned Me During My Near-death Experience – Actor Charles Okocha by nairagossip1: 10:37am On Mar 01, 2016
Nollywood actor, Charles Okocha, popularly called Donga or 2pac, has said the time he spent in the hospital battling with survival from bullet wounds opened his eyes to a lot of things.

He said surviving six gun shots wounds where he spent several weeks at the hospital were his tying times which made him realize who his true friends are.
www.nairaland.com/attachments/3330379_stomachburst_jpegd2d3485338e44553b4462901ade55d7f
It would be recalled that Okocha was attending a wedding ceremony in Nnewi, Anambra State on December 27, 2015 when a drunken mobile policeman approached him.

“The policeman walked to where I was standing and said that my movies always made him happy.

“He said as a mark of appreciation of my works and the respect he had for me, he would shoot into the air as a form of salute, even though I didn’t fancy the idea.

“The guy was very drunk and so when he corked his gun to shoot, it fell from his hand.

“Unfortunately, the gun had been programmed to shoot rapidly and sporadically. I was very close to him and before the gun dropped some bullets had hit me,” Okocha had earlier disclosed.

In a chat with The Punch, the ‘Strong Men at Work’ actor said, “This tragic incident has really opened my eyes to a lot of things.

“Today I know who my real friends are because even the people I thought would stand by me in this trying period have deserted me.

“A lot of them didn’t even call or come to visit me. Some were even peddling wrong information that I fought with a mobile policeman and I was shot in the process. But that was a big lie. None of them ever called to find out how I was doing.

“I have learnt a lot of lessons during this period. I have learnt that even people you call friends could disappoint you when you least expect,” he said.

The actor ascribed his survival to divine grace.

According to him, the incident would have been averted if he had heeded his mother’s warning.

“My mother had a premonition of the incident days ahead through a vision revealed to her in church but I didn’t take it too seriously.

“She warned me not to go for that particular occasion but I ignored her. There was a time I had an accident while returning from the club, my mother had also seen the event ahead and warned me but I also refused.

“I would say my being alive today has been by the divine grace of God. It wasn’t just me that the bullet hit; it hit another guy who came all the way from Germany for that particular ceremony.

“The guy was supposed to have his wedding three days after that time but he did not survive the incident. He was hit by only one bullet but God spared my life even with six bullets.

“Nobody was willing to take me to hospital in their vehicle because they were afraid I was going to die in it. Five cars rejected me. I lost a lot of blood. It was only God that kept me alive,” the actor added.

http://www.042express.com/2016/03/how-friends-abandoned-me-during-my-near.html

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Friends Abandoned Me During My Near-death Experience – Actor Charles Okocha by nairagossip1: 10:37am On Mar 01, 2016

6 Likes

Re: How Friends Abandoned Me During My Near-death Experience – Actor Charles Okocha by Luckylife(m): 10:39am On Mar 01, 2016
True friends are hard to come by.

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Friends Abandoned Me During My Near-death Experience – Actor Charles Okocha by braine(m): 10:41am On Mar 01, 2016
Luckylife:

Very hard, bro, very hard. Thats why I mainly have acquaintances.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Friends Abandoned Me During My Near-death Experience – Actor Charles Okocha by nairagossip1: 10:47am On Mar 01, 2016
Luckylife:

Thats Life for you

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Friends Abandoned Me During My Near-death Experience – Actor Charles Okocha by Nobody: 10:49am On Mar 01, 2016
I believe next time..you wont ignore your mother's warning

i thank God for you

11 Likes

Re: How Friends Abandoned Me During My Near-death Experience – Actor Charles Okocha by nairagossip1: 10:55am On Mar 01, 2016
fanacy:
I believe next time..you wont ignore your mother's warning

i thank God for you

Exactly

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Friends Abandoned Me During My Near-death Experience – Actor Charles Okocha by cruzita(f): 10:56am On Mar 01, 2016
thank God u survived it.not everyone u think is your friend is truly your friend.

1 Like

Re: How Friends Abandoned Me During My Near-death Experience – Actor Charles Okocha by nairagossip1: 11:27am On Mar 01, 2016
He learnt the hard but reality lessons

1 Like

Re: How Friends Abandoned Me During My Near-death Experience – Actor Charles Okocha by nairagossip1: 1:13pm On Mar 01, 2016
sad
Re: How Friends Abandoned Me During My Near-death Experience – Actor Charles Okocha by Iyamar(f): 1:43pm On Mar 01, 2016
Thank God u are alive... My prayers to all of us here in Nairaland that we should not die before our time.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Friends Abandoned Me During My Near-death Experience – Actor Charles Okocha by lesbiangirl(f): 1:55pm On Mar 01, 2016
No b dis nigga wey buy iphone and cudnt stop snapping with it grin grin grin pele dear na so ppl dey...pls move on ehn kiss

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Friends Abandoned Me During My Near-death Experience – Actor Charles Okocha by Nobody: 2:11pm On Mar 01, 2016
Lesson learned.

Real friends are the ones who stand even in adversity.

The rest na FFF or Free Loaders.

1 Like

Re: How Friends Abandoned Me During My Near-death Experience – Actor Charles Okocha by misspicy(f): 2:13pm On Mar 01, 2016
Show me your friends and I will tell you who you are undecided

1 Like

Re: How Friends Abandoned Me During My Near-death Experience – Actor Charles Okocha by Babyphinas(f): 2:14pm On Mar 01, 2016
Thank God for u.
Learn to heed ur mums advise

1 Like

Re: How Friends Abandoned Me During My Near-death Experience – Actor Charles Okocha by costandi(m): 2:14pm On Mar 01, 2016
Oga, u never had friends.

Thats just the truth.

2 Likes

Re: How Friends Abandoned Me During My Near-death Experience – Actor Charles Okocha by Darlington1992(m): 2:14pm On Mar 01, 2016
O meele ya Vum! na Anya

3 Likes

Re: How Friends Abandoned Me During My Near-death Experience – Actor Charles Okocha by bedspread: 2:14pm On Mar 01, 2016
Thanks to God you survived!
Thanks to God for your Mom!!
Hope you'll listen more to her now!!!

The Importance of Good and Praying Mothers.

Just like Mine

3 Likes

Re: How Friends Abandoned Me During My Near-death Experience – Actor Charles Okocha by orijintv(m): 2:14pm On Mar 01, 2016
U Knw Who Ur true Friends Are , Wen Yu Goin Thru Hard Times In Life !!! Thank God For Yur Life Brooo
Re: How Friends Abandoned Me During My Near-death Experience – Actor Charles Okocha by Nobody: 2:15pm On Mar 01, 2016
Hmmmmmm. You hardly find friends

All we have now are beneficiaries

2 Likes

Re: How Friends Abandoned Me During My Near-death Experience – Actor Charles Okocha by Nobody: 2:16pm On Mar 01, 2016
braine:

Very hard, bro, very hard. Thats why I mainly have acquaintances.

We are alike, its very hard for me to have a good friend.
Re: How Friends Abandoned Me During My Near-death Experience – Actor Charles Okocha by Nobody: 2:17pm On Mar 01, 2016
i dont have friends. i only have frienemies.
Re: How Friends Abandoned Me During My Near-death Experience – Actor Charles Okocha by Lilimax(f): 2:17pm On Mar 01, 2016
So many Frenemies out there embarassed
Glad to know you came out this alive smiley
Re: How Friends Abandoned Me During My Near-death Experience – Actor Charles Okocha by boolet: 2:17pm On Mar 01, 2016
You can't blame people much in Nigeria... I'm not sure why, but that's just how it is, no unconditional love. We all are guilty in various degrees, probably due to the economic situation, leading to 'selfism'.

4 Likes

Re: How Friends Abandoned Me During My Near-death Experience – Actor Charles Okocha by macphilip: 2:17pm On Mar 01, 2016
He is strong to survived those many bullets
Re: How Friends Abandoned Me During My Near-death Experience – Actor Charles Okocha by cherry007(f): 2:18pm On Mar 01, 2016
Thank God for keeping you away from unfriendly friends am so happy for you bro, you will continue to be a Victor and not a victim.

1 Like

Re: How Friends Abandoned Me During My Near-death Experience – Actor Charles Okocha by Christane: 2:18pm On Mar 01, 2016
Such z lyf dnt put your hope on friends ..av also experience neglect 4rm frdz who disappear wen thnz turn out d opposite 4 me.. Bt tnx God thnz z back on track nd dy re cuming back gradually bt i do restrict d way i roll wit dem cus dy aint trusth worthy ...cus true friend are hard to find.
Re: How Friends Abandoned Me During My Near-death Experience – Actor Charles Okocha by faruz: 2:23pm On Mar 01, 2016
D dud3 dat was hit nd didn't mke it .... His blood is in ur hand ... Indirectly u killed him... If u had listened. 2 ya mamma he would probably be alive...... :' cry cry

1 Like

Re: How Friends Abandoned Me During My Near-death Experience – Actor Charles Okocha by domopps(m): 2:26pm On Mar 01, 2016
That's life bro.....

Cheeeers
Re: How Friends Abandoned Me During My Near-death Experience – Actor Charles Okocha by dokJ: 2:26pm On Mar 01, 2016
there r no true friends. if u hv had major problem in life, u would bear me witness that almost always ppl ll desert u. thank God u did not die. nobody is immuned to problems of life, so let's learn to uphold our friendship in need n in deed.

2 Likes

Re: How Friends Abandoned Me During My Near-death Experience – Actor Charles Okocha by Oblongata: 2:27pm On Mar 01, 2016
nairagossip1:
Nollywood actor, Charles Okocha, popularly called Donga or 2pac, has said the time he spent in the hospital battling with survival from bullet wounds opened his eyes to a lot of things.
He said surviving six gun shots wounds where he spent several weeks at the hospital were his tying times which made him realize who his true friends are.
www.nairaland.com/attachments/3330379_stomachburst_jpegd2d3485338e44553b4462901ade55d7f
It would be recalled that Okocha was attending a wedding ceremony in Nnewi, Anambra State on December 27, 2015 when a drunken mobile policeman approached him.
“The policeman walked to where I was standing and said that my movies always made him happy.
“He said as a mark of appreciation of my works and the respect he had for me, he would shoot into the air as a form of salute, even though I didn’t fancy the idea.
“The guy was very drunk and so when he corked his gun to shoot, it fell from his hand.
“Unfortunately, the gun had been programmed to shoot rapidly and sporadically. I was very close to him and before the gun dropped some bullets had hit me,” Okocha had earlier disclosed.
In a chat with The Punch, the ‘Strong Men at Work’ actor said, “This tragic incident has really opened my eyes to a lot of things.
“Today I know who my real friends are because even the people I thought would stand by me in this trying period have deserted me.
“A lot of them didn’t even call or come to visit me. Some were even peddling wrong information that I fought with a mobile policeman and I was shot in the process. But that was a big lie. None of them ever called to find out how I was doing.
“I have learnt a lot of lessons during this period. I have learnt that even people you call friends could disappoint you when you least expect,” he said.
The actor ascribed his survival to divine grace.
According to him, the incident would have been averted if he had heeded his mother’s warning.
“My mother had a premonition of the incident days ahead through a vision revealed to her in church but I didn’t take it too seriously.
“She warned me not to go for that particular occasion but I ignored her. There was a time I had an accident while returning from the club, my mother had also seen the event ahead and warned me but I also refused.
“I would say my being alive today has been by the divine grace of God. It wasn’t just me that the bullet hit; it hit another guy who came all the way from Germany for that particular ceremony.
“The guy was supposed to have his wedding three days after that time but he did not survive the incident. He was hit by only one bullet but God spared my life even with six bullets.
“Nobody was willing to take me to hospital in their vehicle because they were afraid I was going to die in it. Five cars rejected me. I lost a lot of blood. It was only God that kept me alive,” the actor added.
http://www.042express.com/2016/03/how-friends-abandoned-me-during-my-near.html
. @ bold the guy was my very good friend, a very nice and bright lad. the wedding ceremony was actually his bride to be's younger sister. we were preparing for his wedding on saturday and he was gunned down on thursday, God knows best sha still cant believe he is gone, may his soul rest in perfect peace.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Yvonne Nelson And Daughter, Ryn Roberts Cover Agoo Magazine (photos) / Mr Eazi Announces Plan To Sell Shares On His Songs To Fans / Toolz Oniru Dazzles In Complete Fashion Magazine Photoshoot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.