Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,922 members, 7,835,081 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:27 AM

The Corrupt Politician And The Good Shepherd - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Corrupt Politician And The Good Shepherd (350 Views)

How Did The Corrupt Millitary govts Managed To Build These National Assets? / CNN To Rotimi Amaechi,you Are Nigeria's Most Corrupt Politician / The Question I Asked A Politician And She Stopped Takking To Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Corrupt Politician And The Good Shepherd by Drksly(m): 10:47am On Mar 01, 2016
I woke up this morning on the first day of March 2016 to the sound of a preacher on my transistor radio condemning corrupt politicians. And further went on to say how most of ur christian Shepherds shield em.
As he continued speaking i was wishing that this morning in the government house, that our governor Chief Barr Nyesom Wike is listening. But how will he? He recently won the supreme Court case as the dully elected governor of rivers state and has done a total of four Thanksgivings at different churches. Now it's good to thank God for his blessings, but our governor has got it wrong dis time. As someone in support of his government, it's right for me to say wen he is driving on the wrong lane.
I never paid much attention to his Thanksgiving speeches until the recent one at Salvation Ministries. In his speech he said that his blood pressure was 240/110mmhg, during the times at court, and now it has gone down to 110/80. So he will never forgive d pple dat made his blood pressure rise dat God shud make theirs 240/110 and the pple in church, gullible and misguided so called Christians were clapping and saying amen. He was ranting in church and I was disappointed. But first after d first Thanksgiving, wat was d need for the second, third and fourth? Why can't our churches stop accommodating such? Of course they wouldn't. They wouldn't because the governor won't leave there without dropping public funds in their purse. Same public funds dats being used to host other PDP stalwarts that would grace the occasion. These things don't happen in a civilised society. One Thanksgiving is enough. But the second, third and fourth? No. When he approached the second church, the Shepherd would ve told him that the first one was enough. But if he wants to cme and fellowship without any microphone ranting then he is welcomed. Not to cme and take people's time ranting on how you will deal with ur oppositions and beam with their shouts of amen.
But no, our leaders will continue to waddle in corrupt waters, and our churches will continue to shield em. It was at this point that Jesus Christ went in the temple and chased out the Shepherds saying that the temple of God is not a place for transactions and corruption.

(1) (Reply)

EFCC: Anti Graft Agency Insists $1m Was Found In Badeh's House / Lagos Assembly Calls On Buhari To Resuscitate WAI / Oyegun Returns From Vacation Says APC NEC'S Meeting Holds Next Week

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.