Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,563 members, 7,820,034 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:46 AM

Where Is That Female Geek: Any Good Female Developer Around? - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Where Is That Female Geek: Any Good Female Developer Around? (13378 Views)

Any Good Programmer In The House,good CASH AWAITS You / Looking For A Web Developer Around Abuja Environs / Any Good Developer And Graphic Designer Ready To Form A Team For A Start Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where Is That Female Geek: Any Good Female Developer Around? by Booyakasha(f): 4:50pm On Mar 09, 2016
bchi:
what are the importance of c#?. im on it, still learning it. Thanks for your answer.
where are you learning it plus who learns something without first having a purpose for learning what they're learning??
DanielTheGeek, I'll soon finish up our community, hopefully next week, i hope to see you active there, we can actually grow the community with your knowledge and help...
Re: Where Is That Female Geek: Any Good Female Developer Around? by spoilerx: 6:00pm On Mar 09, 2016
Booyakasha:

where are you learning it plus who learns something without first having a purpose for learning what they're learning??
DanielTheGeek, I'll soon finish up our community, hopefully next week, i hope to see you active there, we can actually grow the community with your knowledge and help...

hello, what community is this you speak of ?
Re: Where Is That Female Geek: Any Good Female Developer Around? by Booyakasha(f): 6:07pm On Mar 09, 2016
spoilerx:

hello, what community is this you speak of ?

A forum community for geeks and intelligent people like you wink
Re: Where Is That Female Geek: Any Good Female Developer Around? by spoilerx: 6:11pm On Mar 09, 2016
Booyakasha:

A forum community for geeks and intelligent people like you wink

me intelligent ? flattered I am .
Re: Where Is That Female Geek: Any Good Female Developer Around? by Booyakasha(f): 6:13pm On Mar 09, 2016
spoilerx:

me intelligent ?
flattered I am .
I'll notify you when I'm done... i hope you become an active user there..
Re: Where Is That Female Geek: Any Good Female Developer Around? by spoilerx: 6:20pm On Mar 09, 2016
Booyakasha:

I can't access my PM here , forgot the password to the old email.

more details on what u r building ? tech used(rails, django) ?
Re: Where Is That Female Geek: Any Good Female Developer Around? by Booyakasha(f): 7:01pm On Mar 09, 2016
spoilerx:

I can't access my PM here , forgot the password to the old email.

more details on what u r building ? tech used(rails, django) ?
PHP/Javascript + JQuery and some external libs, and Ajax... built from scratch, no forum software used... unique..
Re: Where Is That Female Geek: Any Good Female Developer Around? by maekhel(m): 7:25pm On Mar 09, 2016
Booyakasha:

PHP/Javascript + JQuery and some external libs, and Ajax... built from scratch, no forum software used... unique..
This sound interesting!
Re: Where Is That Female Geek: Any Good Female Developer Around? by DharmyYinks: 10:19pm On Mar 09, 2016
DanielTheGeek:

Everything is cool.

For application development you'd need an IDE (Dev. environment) to build your programs and test-drive too. Eclipse is a good all round IDE for application developers (don't ask me how to get it, Google it), then Android Studio, Microsoft Visual Basic.

You'd need to learn at least two programming languages, I suggest Java and JavaScript for a start.
Lolz.. I ve Googled hw to install d Eclipse. I ve e-books on Java nd JavaScript. The Android Studio nd Microsoft Visual Basic will also be installed??

Wich laptop below 65k wil u recommend for me.

Thanks alot!
Re: Where Is That Female Geek: Any Good Female Developer Around? by Nobody: 1:08am On Mar 10, 2016
Booyakasha:

Hurry up . . . I'm getting bored here.

#NoPressure grin grin

1 Like

Re: Where Is That Female Geek: Any Good Female Developer Around? by Nobody: 1:15am On Mar 10, 2016
asalimpo:

You did it for one person or a few.
But until women folk see some jobs as desirable for women, they'll be massive shortage of women in those fields.
Men dont need encouragement. You can laff at a male nurse , a male food seller but he'll keep going,
encouraging himself. But women would back off. So, it is the women(group encouragement), and the woman (self encouragement) that is really needed.
Blaming men for their shortcomings isnt the answer.
The feminism movement is just a way to blame internal tendency for self-doubt on men.
So the solution is to teach women how to harness their emotions,which is more dynamic than men,
and control their self doubt and stop pinning all their short comings on Men.
Infact, the practice of celebrating women in a particular field is doing more harm to the female psych
, than they know. It's saying, the men are opposers, and the woman has to claw her way through the enemy (man) to get to her goal! huh! bullsh*t ,most often.

Their open problems in math - a woman could solve one of them and make a name for herself. (one did
and is a field medalist)
They're open problems in computer science - a woman can solve one of them and excel. (One got a medal
some few years ago from ACM)
Women can be presidents and heads of companies -

They're many programming languages - a woman could have developed one of them.

Men are not holding women back. Women are not intellectually inferior to men.
They're just wired differently. Infact,this thread is an insult to women, because it implies that women can't excel at anything technical.

You know what, women have been indoctrinated from childhood, to believe in getting married,
having children and keeping the house.
Fathers, mothers, society have feed girls this b.s , so that they grow up with these programming.
Then the world gets suprised that women dont appear prominently in any major field.
you, Sir, Have won the Internet. this is a Divine submission.

1 Like

Re: Where Is That Female Geek: Any Good Female Developer Around? by spoilerx: 5:18am On Mar 10, 2016
Booyakasha:

cool
Re: Where Is That Female Geek: Any Good Female Developer Around? by rockiedink(m): 8:59am On Mar 10, 2016
So if I'm looking to hire a developer with proficiency in C#...any takers?
Re: Where Is That Female Geek: Any Good Female Developer Around? by Nobody: 5:12pm On Mar 11, 2016
rockiedink:
So if I'm looking to hire a developer with proficiency in C#...any takers?

You'd probably find "takers" in the Programmer market section, in here we've got hard working entrepreneurs.
Re: Where Is That Female Geek: Any Good Female Developer Around? by Nobody: 9:11pm On Mar 12, 2016
seunthomas:
OP. If na wife u dey find abeg go romance section. angry

Funny dude, you're here again.

I'm not looking for a wife, no time to even look for one.
Re: Where Is That Female Geek: Any Good Female Developer Around? by avonoshi(m): 1:50pm On Mar 18, 2017
Fellow Programmers, i am looking for a geek who can help me convert an html template to a wordpress theme with all the features working perfectly, i would be needing your aid for my personal project, lets discuss, please add whatsapp 09033829205 for more details
Re: Where Is That Female Geek: Any Good Female Developer Around? by avonoshi(m): 1:54pm On Mar 18, 2017
Booyakasha:

booyakasha, i am looking for a geek who can help me convert an html template to a wordpress theme with all the features working perfectly, i would be needing your aid for my personal project, lets discuss, please add whatsapp 09033829205 for more details
Re: Where Is That Female Geek: Any Good Female Developer Around? by darealez(m): 2:00pm On Apr 02, 2017
bchi:
what are the importance of c#?. im on it, still learning it. Thanks for your answer.

A geek already
Re: Where Is That Female Geek: Any Good Female Developer Around? by deyemih: 4:08pm On Apr 02, 2017
Ponzi script for sale contact 08137621451
Re: Where Is That Female Geek: Any Good Female Developer Around? by Nobody: 3:01pm On Jun 12, 2017
asalimpo:

Yeah, I believe a woman could do all the things men have done.
But history shows all major achievements are by men.
In intellectual, and all fields. Men lead.
Women, should put their emotions in check to succeed. I know of few outstanding women in tech.
None are nigerians.
one was a reviewer on amazon - 50+ y.o. Anoda wrote a blog.
The 50+ y.o was a cubicle worker and really bloody. This chic/mama was terribly advanced.

The 9ja babes i know are junk. They like vb and cold-fusion!
I don't think it's an encouragement thing. It's an isolation thing.
They're badass babes that could wipe the floor with your face code wise but
they'll feel out of place in a male dominated atmosphere. Just like a man will feel out of place
as a nurse or receptionist and would eventually want to switch professions.

It's not the men that need to encourage the women, Its the women to encourage themselves.
The encouragement from the men wont carry as much weight at those from their female colleagues.

do yhu know that majority of Einsteins findings were his wife's

do you know that there was a time in history when woman were not recognized, and were discriminated against.literally women were not allowed to drive or vote.

do yhu know that tech,mechanical and lab wise, women throughout history were generally not made the head, a male had to oversee them, who will then take the credit for it.

women who excel and make a name for themselves usually don't work in teams, cause their name would be covered, it still happening now, its a silent discrimination, much like what yhur doing now.

check every woman who history recorded or made a name for themselves, they ventured out.

badass female coders In know are much.
I got into programming fully thanks to a lady, and she is really good. I think she destroyed her moniker "missmeyer" or so.
Re: Where Is That Female Geek: Any Good Female Developer Around? by Hibrahym: 10:37pm On Jun 21, 2017
asalimpo:

They're badass babes that could wipe the floor with your face code wise but
they'll feel out of place in a male dominated atmosphere.

You mean like this:

0x555555556752 push %rbp
0x555555556753 mov %rsp,%rbp
0x555555556756 mov %rdi,-0x8(%rbp)
0x55555555675a mov -0x8(%rbp),%rax
0x55555555675e mov (%rax),%rax
0x555555556761 pop %rbp
0x555555556762 retq

'cos if you're talking some JS, Java, PHP, etc... shit, forget it. It's a lost cause!
Re: Where Is That Female Geek: Any Good Female Developer Around? by Mrbabra: 1:02am On Jul 15, 2017
Mark Zuckerberg facebook (founder) make speech concerning programming.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTMubSRm5MY
Re: Where Is That Female Geek: Any Good Female Developer Around? by uzoexcel(m): 9:05am On Jul 15, 2017
asalimpo:
ask her how many lines of codes she writes and you'll be suprised its tiny !
say 10 - 300 max.
It's the guys that come over to roll their sleeves and pump those ten thousand line monsters that go into production!

#coding is testosterone driven.
Hian..
Don't find trouble o smiley
Re: Where Is That Female Geek: Any Good Female Developer Around? by uzoexcel(m): 9:06am On Jul 15, 2017
spoilerx:
I guess I should start counting lines of code.

I am a code newbie . python, JavaScript, HTML CSS.

currently playing around with django, trying to build a Twitter replica , will post here when I push to heroku or python anywhere.

as per resources for learning.
check cousera for a free python course by @drchuck , that's his Twitter. he is really good at explaining concepts. he is the reason a block head like me plays with code.

also codeacademy.com and IMPORTANTLY freecodecamp.com

excuse any grammatical errors.

PS I need a young female coder to teach me grin
Good one
Re: Where Is That Female Geek: Any Good Female Developer Around? by uzoexcel(m): 9:13am On Jul 15, 2017
Booyakasha:

Hmmmm...interesting....I will check ur site out

(1) (2) (Reply)

Programming Is just Like Playing Football / Keywords / Reserved word In Q-BASIC / 10 Years Anniversary Of Nairalander Programmer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.