Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,345 members, 7,836,416 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:27 AM

The Power Of Change - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / The Power Of Change (347 Views)

The Power Of N1000 / Wind Of Change? Cool FM, Wazobia FM Joins The List Of Companies In Mass Sack. / The Power Of Change (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Power Of Change by aprokomania(m): 5:27pm On Mar 01, 2016
To a whole lot of people, change is a difficult concept to adapt with. This could be due to the fact that the very notion of change deals with going from a way of doing things that we are familiar and usually comfortable with, to the unknown, and we are very familiar with the crippling fear of the unknown.
At work a few days back, there was a situation that needed to be changed. When we receive a client, he or she will usually drop off their documents in a receptacle, and from there, the officer in charge would retrieve them at random, attending to them one at a time and returning them to the client. Anyone would see the inherent problems with this method.
First, the client who came first usually had their documents at the bottom, and hence ends up being attended to last. The client therefore would get verbally obstructive, and in a bid to pacify him, we would take his document and begin work on it. This would cause the others who do not realize why we do that to raise a protest. The ensuing bedlam almost always tore our office apart.
Looking at this situation, I knew that the only way to resolve it would be to get rid of the receptacles totally. Hence, when the clients come, they hold unto their documents and we attend to them one at a time.
Simple as this innovation seemed, it was a game changer, because client unrest reduced drastically.
However, we had not even tapped half of the benefits of the new system when I received opposition. Almost all my superiors at work complained, not that the system itself was not beneficial, but that it was strange to them, and so things should be taken back to status quo. I could really be stubborn , and I stuck to my guns, ensuring that the change stayed, and finally after a few days, they all got to see the benefit of the new situation and embraced it.
From the short illustration above, we can see that people feel threatened by change, even when it is to their advantage.
In most establishments, workers and management staff would feel uncomfortable if the normal routine of doing business is changed no matter how slightly.
To be a high flyer in your work environment however, you must be able to harness the power of positive change and utilise it to your favour.
It should be noted that in Establishment's around the world, the best of the best employees and managers are those that can think outside the box and adapt with the times.
Hence, embracing change that can add value to your organization is the way to go if you are going to be the best this year.
Remember, change is an attribute of the living, the day you stop changing for the better is the day you lose out
source
www.hoomadeit.com/2016/03/the-power-of-change.html?m=1

(1) (Reply)

Participate In The Nigeria Job Seeker Challenge / Help Me Out Please / Quality Professional Computer Training School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.